"Dissolution Fighting Championship (Vegas) - Official Smack Talk Thread".

BlueFalcon

DFC: Mayhem 13 – Wright V Crowder (07 October 2016 – The Palmtree, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)
Sponsored by “King Of Fists” fight wear, official clothing of DFC – Las Vegas

Unlucky for some, the thirteenth edition of Mayhem brings you two corking title fights ahead of the Night of Champions crossover card happening later on in the month.

A Welterweight championship fight pitting two great fighters head to head and outspoken champ Hugh Jaskok putting his title on the line against possibly his toughest challenger to date outlines a card that could not be any more must see!

Fight 1
“Funny” Ira Wright 4-0-0 vs Rhys Crowder 3-0-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Welterweight Championship.

Man the welterweight division is stacked with straight up killers these days, as evidenced by our two fighters tonight.

I’d say in terms of overall striking ability, the two are on a pretty even playing field – but in terms of an overall skillset, I think that Wright also has a very good ground game, where Crowder might be lacking and so I think his options are just that much more limited than his counterpart. I expect this to open thrillingly, but when Wright finds his groove, he will get the KO victory in round 3 or 4.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ira Wright, Round 4 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Hugh Jaskok 4-0-0 vs Gil “Bipolar” Jacobson 4-0-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Lightweight Championship

A tantalising title fight between two of the best at lightweight in 290k+ where somebodies “0” has got to go! Jaskok has been outspoken and brash about all of his recent opponents, but with good reason – as he has wall of his fights inside of the first round, focusing mainly on the arms and has been referred to in the past as “King Kimura”.

Gil Jacobson, is however a cut above the people Jaskok has faced so far. With a very competent ground game and killer striking ability – he comes about as prepared as anyone could be into this title fight and will be looking to frustrate Jakok by defending his ground game, possibly taking him into a later round (where Jaskok’s cardio has not been tested) and pummelling him with powerful precise strikes, getting a KO win.

I think that If anyone beats Jaskok before NoC, Jacobson has the best shot.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Gil Jacobson, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
“Mysterious” Billy Smith 5-3-0 v Jackie “Bad Man” Lee V 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

Both these fighters will be watching the lightweight title fight with keen interest as to how the landscape of their division will change, but first they have to get rid of the man they see in front of them as Billy Smith takes on Jackie Lee V. Smith has seen his career rejuvenate recently, with two wins back to back after suffering two defeats in a row – and looks to be comfortable switching from featherweight to lightweight, showing good adaptability in his locker.

Lee V’s Muay Thai ability does give him an edge in some respects, as while he isn’t as well rounded as Smith, This fight will be fought standing up and I think he has the power to catch smith out. Both fighters are fighting at a weight that is mostly alien to them, as Smith makes his second fight at lightweight and Lee V is stepping down from Welterweight. The natural size and reach advantage plays into Lee’s hands.

I think this fight will be close cut early on, but the heavier hands of Lee V with start to wear on Smith, and he will get caught in round 2 with a goodnight shot.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Jackie Lee V, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
Stefan “The Swede” Struwe 5-0-0 v Asdrubal "Lokomotion" Corachan 2-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

Looks like Struwe is going on an all metal diet, as he will devour another tin-can in this fight. The well raised mild mannered Englishman in me doesn’t like discounting one fighter’s chances over another out of respect. The fight fan and analyst in me thinks he would have a better chance of winning a fight against Saturn. This one is already over, KO in round 1.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Stefan Struwe, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Granat “Chin” Xhaka 5-1-0 v Illidian Newsto 4-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

Straight off of his instant classic against Tomas Lindberg, and with a chin that looked like you needed a precision blowtorch and three hours to cut through it, I think Xhaka has a lot to prove in this fight. While he showed great heart last time out, he was largely passive, hardly landing any offense – that needs to change now.

If Newsto wants to beat Xhaka, he needs to bring him down and keep him down, taking advantage of being a brown belt fighting a white belt and submit him early. If he gets into a striking match, he will be blasted out early. I think Xhaka will be able to catch Newsto with a hard shot and end it in round 1.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Granat Xhaka, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 6
"Vicious" Vinny Vinicius 2-1-0 v Benjamin "The Way" Tay 3-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

I see this fight as being a must win for both fighters, lest they fall into obscurity in the deep dark depths of the DFC rankings. Both are predominantly submission based ground fighters, and of the two it must be said I think that Tay has the better skillset.

I’m not really confident of when this one will finish, but Tay will get the submission victory in my opinion.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Benjamin Tay, Round 2 (SUB)

Fight 7
Hobbs "Roadblock " Brovereem 1-0-0 v Jaden "The Chosen One" King 1-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

Despite the fact that King has managed to drag out two of his defeats to the third round, I don’t see this fight getting far past the first exchange. Brovereem has a great skillset for a young fighter and looked impressive in his debut. King has a decent submission game but I don’t think he is nearly talented enough to fight a fighter on the tier of Brovereem.

KO in round one.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Hobbs Brovereem, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 8
Mi "Long Saber" Han Lo 2-0-0 v Jason "The Magician" Maher 2-4-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

While both fighters in the bout have a ways to go in terms of moulding themselves into title contenders, I think in my mind this one is already pretty clear cut. Han Lo is just more talented and has time on his side unlike the 27 year old Maher. Han Lo round 2 KO

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Han Lo, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 9
Tadhg Glas 4-1-0 v Danny Omeruo 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

They might as well nickname Glas “The Cutter” as all four of his wins have come by TKO Cut, the only 100% win rate I am aware of by cut. If Omeruo can with stand the takedown attempts by Glas in round 1, I think he can wear him out and start teeing off, getting the KO victory late on in round 1 or early in round 2.

Unless of course, “Mr. Razor Blades for fists” manages to slice his face open beforehand.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Danny Omeruo, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Gregory “Big Boy” Belcher 0-1-0 v General Kurtz 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

This heavyweight fight opens the proceedings as two relative newcomers go at it in a stab to make a name for themselves here in DFC. From what I hear, Kurtz Striking and MT ability will see him in good stead in a division where all it takes to win is one clean shot. If he can defend against the takedowns that Belcher will throw at him, I think he gets the KO win.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) General Kurtz, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

This card may be top heavy, but I would buy this card base on four of the fights alone, the rest are a bonus, and DFC continues to show people why it is simply the best at 290k+ in the world.

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

• Upvote 2

First time I ever predicted a fight would end in round 4, and it ended in round 4 just like I said. shouldn't be too proud of predicting things precisley (it is my job after all) but still really nice to call something dead on.

• Upvote 2

In 11 days the Legacy continues as Mark Marx Jr adds another victim to his list after Jackson Furmire is beaten and bloodied. Then he moves a step closer to dominating Ira Wright and adding some gold to his legacy.

"dominating Ira Wright"??? Bro, what have you been smoking? Can I have some? Ira Wright is going to own that division pretty much for as long as he wants to. Anything can happen, but I'd put money on Ira Wright beating anyone in the division 2 out of 3 times.

• Downvote 1

I'll tell ya what im smoking.....Ira Wright.

Well, it is National Coming Out Day...:)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Jay is thinking of selling the org to myself as he is currently undergoing technical difficulties and qill not be able to run it as easily as before. If we can work out a way to trade my gym to him I will take over duties as owner.

Jay is thinking of selling the org to myself as he is currently undergoing technical difficulties and qill not be able to run it as easily as before. If we can work out a way to trade my gym to him I will take over duties as owner.

Ah right, cheers for the transparency. I was hoping you guys weren't shutting down as its sad seeing well-run orgs close.

Looks like i am something like a bad omen for orgs lol.

First job writer at LKO, you see where is LKO now... and now DFC.

I guess i should limit my business attempts to my private gym :D

I can relate to it too. Almost every org that has my fighters in were either closed or went inactive. I feel like I kinda jinxed them.

Acting Owner

• Downvote 4

Sucks to see Jay having issues with his computer, but I can't say that I'm overly surprised by this turnout, knowing what I know. I've tried to manage my org from my phone and it sucks the big one.

Hope Jay can get his situation sorted and come back to retake the reins.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You can just swap the companies on the business page instead of putting them up for sale

• Downvote 3

You can just swap the companies on the business page instead of putting them up for sale

I know, and have messaged Jay about it but havn't got a response as of yet.

• Downvote 1

Acting Owner

Gabe will be the owner of the org, not acting owner or anything else. Kenlow purchased a broken org with inactive members for a large sum of money. I have ran it without any compensation from KLE2 for the past few months. With the help of Gabe, JcVd and many managers of DFC-LV, we built it up from worse than nothing and I put over 7 million of my own money into the org. The game rules clearly do not allow a manager to own more than one business. No matter what KLE2/Kenlow feels, he does not have any ownership over the org. If Gabe wishes to be managed by KLE2, that is up to him however DFC-Las Vegas is mine to give and Gabe is the new owner with the rights to do what he pleases with the org.

I can't give enough thanks to everyone who helped build DFC up. It truly was a blessing to run this org with you all and I had so much fun. I can't go on doing it from a phone, I don't know how anyone does it...just this message has taken me like 20 minutes to type out. It was an honor and if I get another computer you can be sure I'll be back in the game!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Gabe will be the owner of the org, not acting owner or anything else. Kenlow purchased a broken org with inactive members for a large sum of money. I have ran it without any compensation from KLE2 for the past few months, with the help of Gabe, JcVd and many managers of DFC-LV, we built it up from worse than nothing and I put over 3.5 million of my own money into the org. The game rules clearly do not allow a manager to own more than one business, no matter what KLE2/Kenlow feels he has as ownership over the org. DFC-LV does not belong to KLE2 and every decision he wanted for DFC-LV has hurt the org. If Gabe wishes to be managed by KLE2, that is up to him however DFC-Las Vegas is mine to give and Gabe is the new owner with the rights to do what he pleases with the org.

I can't give enough thanks to everyone who helped build DFC up. It truly was a blessing to run this org with you all and I had so much fun. I can't go on doing it from a phone, I don't know how anyone does it...just this message has taken me like 20 minutes to type out. It was an honor and if I get another computer you can be sure I'll be back in the game!

I wish Jay the very best and hope that he can resolve his technical issues ASAP and that we see him again soon, he is a great manager and a fantastic personality on MMA Tycoon.

I hope to be able to work out the kinks and bumps of Org management quickly and if I can be remotley as successful as Jay was, I will consider it a job well done.

If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Management Schedule

Hello, this is a new feature of the forums designed to keep you up to date with how the Org is being run and what I will be doing to maintain it. The next week will see the following things take place:

Monday 17th
On Monday I will be reviewing contracts and sending renegotiations for people with 1 fight left remaining.
I will also be prebooking the next few events left unbooked by Jay or with under ten fights to make sure that all our athletes have a scheduled fight.

Tuesday 18th
On Tuesday, I will send out contracts to bring in more fighters in the 290k+ ID to shake up the divisions and provide fresh competition.
I will also be trimming the deadwood of fighters managed by longtime inactive managers - If you have been inactive for too long or keep refusing fights, you will be cut.

Wednesday 19th
I will be creating the writeups for DFC Sin City and Mayhem in advance, and will post them to the message boards and forums.
I will also be contacting many of the content creators for DFC (poster designers and writers) and will instruct them on how to proceede under this new management (no real changes, but I just want to get a sense of how we are currently working)

Thursday 20th
I will not be activley managing the org, but will be online periodically throughout the day to awnser any queries and questions.

Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd
I will be managing contracts and fight offers after the DFC events that week.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Management Schedule

Hello, this is a new feature of the forums designed to keep you up to date with how the Org is being run and what I will be doing to maintain it. The next week will see the following things take place:

Monday 17th

On Monday I will be reviewing contracts and sending renegotiations for people with 1 fight left remaining.

I will also be prebooking the next few events left unbooked by Jay or with under ten fights to make sure that all our athletes have a scheduled fight.

Tuesday 18th

On Tuesday, I will send out contracts to bring in more fighters in the 290k+ ID to shake up the divisions and provide fresh competition.

I will also be trimming the deadwood of fighters managed by longtime inactive managers - If you have been inactive for too long or keep refusing fights, you will be cut.

Wednesday 19th

I will be creating the writeups for DFC Sin City and Mayhem in advance, and will post them to the message boards and forums.

I will also be contacting many of the content creators for DFC (poster designers and writers) and will instruct them on how to proceede under this new management (no real changes, but I just want to get a sense of how we are currently working)

Thursday 20th

I will not be activley managing the org, but will be online periodically throughout the day to awnser any queries and questions.

Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd

I will be managing contracts and fight offers after the DFC events that week.

Don't book any of your champs, they need to be released at the last week of the month so I can sign them to one fight deals for NOC.

• Downvote 7