Tycoon Olympics

bjornmma1

I think it's time that we speak about something that really shouldn't disappear, the Tycoon Olympics.

As we all know, Dinooo asked to have his account deleted after a disagreement about upcoming fight engine changes, so the guy responsible for it is no longer playing the game with us.

The Olympics is a very interesting tournament where all the top orgs send their top fighters to try and claim gold in their respective divisions. It' s something that all tycooners really look forward to every single time and something that shouldn't come to an end for sure.

It's time that the top orgs talk to eachother and that everything can be put on the rails again.

To see the thread of The Olympics 2015, go to :
http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52344&page=1

I am very willing to help lead everything and see another splendid Olympics be set up. A lot of managers are craving to see it happen again and it will spark new interest in the game for a lot of managers. I think the best would be to have a team of about 3 managers in total who make sure everything is set up and runs smoothly.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I want to say this while remaining as fair as possible so it's doesnt come across as a personal attack or an insult.

But I really believe one of the biggest tournaments in the game needs to be led by somebody who is not as unpopular as yourself Bjorn.

Maybe take a role in helping out and assisting but I really believe somebody less controversial and more well liked should "lead it"

It will cause far less trouble and drama going forward.

Thank you for bringing the idea up however, it would be a shame if it got forgotten about.

• Upvote 4

I understand and don't take it as an insult Conor. To be honest, no top managers have an issue with me, certainly now that Dinooo is gone, but I know that some active forum members are not as big of a fan of me. I am ok with someone else taking the lead,altough I already know who that will be and I am not a fan. Anyway, the most important thing is that the Olympics are taking place and run smoothly.

• Downvote 1

We should let time pass before doing another to let the excitement build up a bit. Once a year could get played out.

Tycoon Olympics

1. Also called Olympian Games. the greatest of the games or festivals of ancient Greece, held every four years in the plain of Olympia in Elis, in honor of Zeus.

2. A modern international sports competition, held once every four years.
  • Downvote 2

We should let time pass before doing another to let the excitement build up a bit. Once a year could get played out.

Tycoon Olympics

1. Also called Olympian Games. the greatest of the games or festivals of ancient Greece, held every four years in the plain of Olympia in Elis, in honor of Zeus.

2. A modern international sports competition, held once every four years.

If you are concerned with associating Olympics with a yearly event, then it could be called the World Cup, and the Olympics could be held every four years . That is a very long time though in tycoon years.

I am fine with the way it is now .

Not to offend any org owners, but to me it seems we don't have 8 elite orgs at the moment. What I see at the moment are the following top orgs:

1) SYN

2) EVO

3) CEC

4) MFN

5) Trinity

6) Gamma

7) Ascension

8)....

So far I would say Legacy could be org 8 , as they are a legit ID org as both Troid and Insanity were, but Legacy is going to merge so not sure...

Just some food for thought.

Ideally one yearly event starting early November and ending mid / late December would be perfect because it will also help in deciding who was the best fighter of the year, more often than 1 time per year will be a bit excessive because such events are not so easy to organize + they can screw around with your regular org scheduling.

• Upvote 1

Ideally one yearly event starting early November and ending mid / late December would be perfect because it will also help in deciding who was the best fighter of the year, more often than 1 time per year will be a bit excessive because such events are not so easy to organize + they can screw around with your regular org scheduling.

Yep. One time a year is fine and the timing as well, as it's a fact that the nominations of the yearly awards are often influenced a lot by the results of the Olympics. Last year's Olympics were amazing with a ton of upsets and amazing wars.

Man, I'm pumped to see the next Olympics and see how it goes this year! Nah, I'm not speaking about the Rio Olympics, but the real important ones, the MMA Tycoon Olympics !

Trinity, MFN, GAMMA and Syn all confirmed so far to take part, Evo, CEC, Ascension still yet to reply on it but I would assume they will accept.

As for the 8th org, we are getting feedback from the orgs on who it should be as we would realistically want an org that can field similar ranked fighters, and so far each org has agreed on one org to take part in it.

Edit - Ascension just confirmed they will take part

What about CFC for the last org spot since Chuck has returned and legacy is merging into it?

Seems the most logic solution to me as well. I mean, Legacy is/was a brilliant ID org, just like Troid and Insanity, or even better, so they make perfect sense. Now that they will merge into CFC, that should still be the case.

The amount of young top talent in Legacy is impressive and these fighters are capable already of doing very well against the top unrestricted fighters.

Is there a reason for only 8 teams? what about 10 or even 12?

I'd suggest maybe the top 7-8 alliances get automatic bids.

Then have qualifiers for the remaining slots.

This would allow some of the lessor alliances a chance to compete which should add more excitement.

Let the down arrows begin

• Downvote 1

This would allow some of the lessor alliances a chance to compete which should add more excitement.

Why are you even talking about alliances?

• Upvote 1

It's not an alliance vs alliance style tournament. It are the top elite orgs going head to head with their best fighters.

• Upvote 1

its the top orgs man. But cant wait to compete in one hopefully.

• 2 months later...

Trinity, MFN, GAMMA and Syn all confirmed so far to take part, Evo, CEC, Ascension still yet to reply on it but I would assume they will accept.

As for the 8th org, we are getting feedback from the orgs on who it should be as we would realistically want an org that can field similar ranked fighters, and so far each org has agreed on one org to take part in it.

Edit - Ascension just confirmed they will take part

Any update on the 8th org? When do rosters need to be submitted?