MMA Tycoon Olympics 2016 Initial Announcement

GBK16

I was also pissed that the fight did not happen. Hawkins fight did not go down because Wolf's fighter went down to 0 energy due to Mike nerfing the cheaters fighters. This caused the fighters weight to go over 155 and NC due to weight cutting issues.

All I can say is: I much prefer a top 10-12 competitor. It makes more sense for the Olympics. I think otherwise I am certainly getting cheated out of a top ranked opponent.

The more I think about this the less a low ranked opponent sounds feasible at this point... It should just be counted as a forfeit win and Hawkins given points as if it were a Draw. Although that is a somewhat shitty alternative it can allow the top ranked Olympians to progress to the final rounds of the olympics this way.

So should I sign McKane and set the fight for our next event or not? Mike has stated to me that he will re-run the event when he has time... Sounds like I should leave things alone...right?

So should I sign McKane and set the fight for our next event or not? Mike has stated to me that he will re-run the event when he has time... Sounds like I should leave things alone...right?

If you sign McKane and just tell Mike that the fight involving McKane should have been on the event I am sure he can add it into the event settings

Also, Tevin Mangrove Jr has not signed the contract for The Olympics and hasn't logged in for 4 days now.

So what you're saying is he will re-run the event as in he will make all the fights happen again and this time I fight Mckane instead?

So what you're saying is he will re-run the event as in he will make all the fights happen again and this time I fight Mckane instead?

My understanding is that he will re-run just your fight from the event last Sunday so it is not a no contest. If that is the case, then there's no need to have the McKane fight. I'm hoping it takes place soon so I can finalize our next card that's scheduled for this coming Sunday.

My understanding is that he will re-run just your fight from the event last Sunday so it is not a no contest. If that is the case, then there's no need to have the McKane fight. I'm hoping it takes place soon so I can finalize our next card that's scheduled for this coming Sunday.

There would still need to be the McKane fight as Kornilov is no longer the actual rep for Trinity. From the sounds of it, I would just book the McKane fight for your next event so it gives it a decent hyped fight for relatively cheap.

Well what did Mike say?

And when is said fight supposed to happen? This is all fucked up... we all have different understandings and it does not seem like a good alternative because the Hype is way lower on that opponent and he stands to gain much more... This is supposed to be the Olympics the best in the world!

• Downvote 1

Are we really gonna cry & throw bitch fits over opp rank at this point? None of the org owners cheated, this is just as big of a headache for us. Everybody is doing what they can to make the most of a shit situation & we're gonna bitch & moan over 134 rankings p4p. Jesus christ some of you ppl are ridiculous for real

• Upvote 4

I will accept the fight. Hawkins is ready for any opponent. Wouldn't be the first Convicted fighter he's faced.

But only because you're bitching me out!

Let it be known that I begrudgingly accept!

I was hoping we could find higher ranked opposition... But it seems like that's as high as it get in Trinity at the moment.

• Upvote 1

I will accept the fight. Hawkins is ready for any opponent. Wouldn't be the first Convicted fighter he's faced.

But only because you're bitching me out!

Let it be known that I begrudgingly accept!

I was hoping we could find higher ranked opposition... But it seems like that's as high as it get in Trinity at the moment.

In some instances it was also due to this being last minute. I mean I have higher ranked guys at 135 to replace Geralt but they all have fights booked on 12/4 or 12/9 or something like that. So it was send the best available guy or push everything back a few weeks. I'm sure people would've been fine pushing things back except for the fact that a large majority of the other offers have already been sent out and accepted. So then what option do you have? Run 3 of the 1st round fights on 11/27 (or whatever date others picked) and then run that 4th & final first round fight on 12/18 or 12/23 (leaving two weeks from the 4th and 9th for the booked fighters?). As much as it sucks for all involved, this unfortunately is just the easiest option for a solution. But it sucks for fighters getting a lesser opponent, it sucks for the orgs who are getting a way less hyped fight and so on....we're all in the same boat pretty much

You guys have been scrambling for weeks now.

Why are you guys so dependent on getting fighters from certain orgs when there are highly ranked fighters begging to get into this thing? I understand it's how you did it in the past, but if there was ever a time to open this thing up it seems like now. Exclusivity is needed for the Olympics, I get that, but you're not even getting the top fighters from MMA Tycoon, so why are you being so exclusive to where they were fighting? No offence meant to any of you, because I like you guys, but this seems like a bit of a circle jerk to me as it stands.

It's probably too late now, but for at least a month I've been offering a top 50 P4P fighter who's holding two belts, but because he's from Aggressive Damage and not DeathSquad, nobody even gave me a response.

This is not the "Olympics" this year, sorry fellas. Wolf fucked it for everyone.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

You guys have been scrambling for weeks now.

Why are you guys so dependent on getting fighters from certain orgs when there are highly ranked fighters begging to get into this thing? I understand it's how you did it in the past, but if there was ever a time to open this thing up it seems like now. Exclusivity is needed for the Olympics, I get that, but you're not even getting the top fighters from MMA Tycoon, so why are you being so exclusive to where they were fighting? No offence meant to any of you, because I like you guys, but this seems like a bit of a circle jerk to me as it stands.

It's probably too late now, but for at least a month I've been offering a top 50 P4P fighter who's holding two belts, but because he's from Aggressive Damage and not DeathSquad, nobody even gave me a response.

This is not the "Olympics" this year, sorry fellas. Wolf fucked it for everyone.

This is the "Tycoon Olympics" so think of it as a role reversal, you have an American athlete who has had a falling out with his country and is not chosen for whoever reason to represent his country in the Olympics, that athlete can't simply go to the British team and participate as a member of their team, he needs to be a citizen of their country. Anyways the long and the short of it is as the main rep of CFC I apologize on our behalf your fighter did not get in, I believe in the past special arrangements have been made but this go round has been especially trying thanks mostly in part due to the actions of two individuals. Hopefully you get a guy entered in a future Tycoon Olympics event
  • Upvote 3

This is the "Tycoon Olympics" so think of it as a role reversal, you have an American athlete who has had a falling out with his country and is not chosen for whoever reason to represent his country in the Olympics, that athlete can't simply go to the British team and participate as a member of their team, he needs to be a citizen of their country. Anyways the long and the short of it is as the main rep of CFC I apologize on our behalf your fighter did not get in, I believe in the past special arrangements have been made but this go round has been especially trying thanks mostly in part due to the actions of two individuals. Hopefully you get a guy entered in a future Tycoon Olympics event

I appreciate the diplomatic response, but in a telling move, I'm being downvoted for expressing a valid opinion.

Just trying to point out how stupid it looks that you guys are clinging to this "Fighter has to be from org A or B" and struggling to fill brackets while there are fighters with a high world ranking that were willing to compete. Just like the real Olympics, it seems like there are some politics involved.

My fighter probably wouldve been a hype farm for the better fighters, I honestly just wanted to be involved.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I appreciate the diplomatic response, but in a telling move, I'm being downvoted for expressing a valid opinion.

Just trying to point out how stupid it looks that you guys are clinging to this "Fighter has to be from org A or B" and struggling to fill brackets while there are fighters with a high world ranking that were willing to compete. Just like the real Olympics, it seems like there are some politics involved.

My fighter probably wouldve been a hype farm for the better fighters, I honestly just wanted to be involved.

I upvoted you, hopefully someone else does as well. We arent struggling to fill the brackets, all fighters that have been used as replacements fit the criteria set forth originally, they just arent as highly ranked as those from the ass clown wolf. Anyways like I said, hopefully one of your guys gets in on one of the next Tycoon Olympics, and if not maybe one of the other high profile tourneys that are put on from time to time such as ITFL so long as they meet the ID and weight requirements.

• Upvote 1

Currently doing the Write Up which will cover the entire Olympics. Since MFN already had some fights that will be more of a round up style for that event but the Preview will include the different dates of each event along with a Preview of the upcoming fights. I dunno when I'll have it finished by but I am hoping in a couple of hours.

Side note - I forgot how long writing can be. I'll hopefully have it up soon enough.

• Upvote 4

Took a quick 10 mins break from the actual writing bit in order to update all of the brackets (Adding in previously unknown fighters and replacing all of Wolf's fighters). It was a quick run through so if anybody spots a mistake, let me know asap so I can fix it. Cheers.

Got about 4/5 of the whole write up done but tired as fuck right now so I'll finish it earlyish tomorrow and post it all up.

• Upvote 3

Let's get it done. Boom. Go! Shazzam! Hi Ho Silver, Away!!!

My guy is ready, What's the problem?

Waiting on McKane to accept the contract offer. If he accepts before tomorrow evening I can still squeeze the fight onto our Sunday card.

I would have preferred a higher hyped opponent but the rules are the rules so let's keep with those politics. It would not be the Tycoon Olympics if we let in someone from another org.