Diaz vs McGregor 2

shockg

Yep, that was exactly my point, Holloway would never KO a bigger dude like mcgregor or diaz, McGregor is a natural 155 and can fight with higher preparation in training camp even at 170 without losing his abilities, Holloway is a tall malnourished kid that can only KO 145 midgets.

KOs are rarer at lower weight classes, thus more impressive when achieved. A KO at 145 is more notable

than at 155, 170, 180, etc., thus Holloways power is much more impressive than Nate's.

Nate fought both at 170 and 155 and never was known for his KO power, he is all about volume and I doubt his power would skyrocket at 145.

Not sure you can argue that it's harder to KO in lighter weight classes. You can call them midgets and it is true that they are lighter and smaller, which is that much more impressive when one of them generates such power to KO without much mass. What's even that much more impressive about Holoway is that he does it while being tall and lanky- which is not associated with KO power, it's usually short, stocky ones.

It's also true that Nate is tall and lanky... which in part contributes to his lack of KO power.

It's not a good idea to generalize and use words like "never". Using such words as never and always make your argument weak from the getgo, as you're assuming something without anything to back it up, and claiming your statements as facts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How much you wanna bet that Holloway cant KO mcgregor or Diaz simply because theyr bones shape and physique is bigger? none of them is a 145, they can both be natural 170, Holloway, despite his height, is and will remain in 145lbs because he certainly know his limits, he can stay at 145 and "generate KO power" as much he want, doesnt mean that he have KO power, he is just taking advantage in fighting midgets with no bone and meat mass.

The only form of life i know that was small and had KO power against any phisique shaped guy was Rocky Marciano, he was small as a cruiserweight and fought taller and bigger guys than him, and still rocked them left and right.

I can safely generalize with Holloway and say better than he stay at 145 if he want to keep padding the KO's, your comparison by sayng that Holloway have 2/3 more KO's than Diaz is totally out of context.

• Downvote 2

By your logic Jared Rosholt, a HW with 4 KOs in 17 fights has better KO power than Alexander Gustafsson, LHW with 16 KOs in 20, right, since it's all about size and Alex is smaller and knocking out smaller guys with questionable builds and bone density?

No, by my logic i say the smaller the weight class, the more how you are built play a key role in projecting KO's and resisting them, from 185 onward they are all more or less big guys both in body shape and muscle mass, a fighter like Rafael dos Anjos is so good in resisting KO's because he is built like a golem but only weight 155lbs, i dont see Holloway doing brain damage to a guy built like RDA with his little fairy hands and malnourished arms, RDA is ok at 155, but if he go at 170 he will get KOed more often.

And to be fair, Gustaffson is built like a 265 guy, if he want he can go hit the gym and participate in the 265 class any day he want, and you will see if he still get his 17 KO's.

I give you another example, thick skull, you know Daniel Cormier?? yeah, look how much brain damage he do at 205, now look how he did at 265, thats enough now, i said you can go.

• Downvote 2

McGregor 1 2 4

Diaz 3 5

Simple.

Fight of the year candidate for sure.

Candidate, maybe. Lawler vs Condit was better. Conor gassed.

Yep, that was exactly my point, Holloway would never KO a bigger dude like mcgregor or diaz, McGregor is a natural 155 and can fight with higher preparation in training camp even at 170 without losing his abilities, Holloway is a tall malnourished kid that can only KO 145 midgets.

Anybody that punches hard enough or with the proper technique can KO somebody. Nobody's chin is indestructible. Doesn't matter how big you are.

Cody Garbrandt i.e.

Fight stats have Diaz - 100 (22) and Conor - 75 (23) for round 2 w/ Nate having 1:18 cage control and Conor having 1:13 cage control. Conor had two knockdowns and won the first half of the round, Nate had one knockdown and won the second half of the round. So I can see why the judges scored it for Conor but I really wouldn't have complained about that round being scored a draw either

• Upvote 1

Fight stats have Diaz - 100 (22) and Conor - 75 (23) for round 2 w/ Nate having 1:18 cage control and Conor having 1:13 cage control. Conor had two knockdowns and won the first half of the round, Nate had one knockdown and won the second half of the round. So I can see why the judges scored it for Conor but I really wouldn't have complained about that round being scored a draw either

When was Nate's knockdown?

My stream was lagging at certain points but I could swear Conor had to get off the mat in round 2. Was there a slip or trip or something or did I just misinterpret what they were saying due to lag?

Also fight metric has way different stats. It has Nate 74 (37) & Conor 70 (34) in significant strikes but an even wider margin in overall strikes for Nate.

Either way it was super close, I'd love to see a 3rd fight at 155 but after Conor defends a few times. I think the second Aldo fight will be much tougher but I'm not sure those 145'ers can withstand his power

• Upvote 1

I had Connor winning rounds 1 and 2 and I gave Nate 3 and 5... Round 4 was the breaker for me, which I edged Connor but could have been 10-10 IMO.

Connor won the second round for sure IMO, not domination but he took round 2.

Close ass fight, crazy and fun as fuck to watch

• Upvote 1

These are the pictures I wanted to see, not the videos of throwing bottles etc. Sport is about respect.

http://s4.nieuwsbladcdn.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2016/08/21/3ef6ee02-67a8-11e6-99e3-eac89cba9ebc_web_scale_0.0581782_0.0581782__.jpg?maxheight=600&maxwidth=938&scale=downscaleonly

http://s3.nieuwsbladcdn.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2016/08/21/454fa438-67a8-11e6-99e3-eac89cba9ebc_web_scale_0.1382307_0.1382307__.jpg?maxheight=600&maxwidth=938&scale=downscaleonly

• Upvote 2