Diaz vs McGregor 2

shockg

My stream was lagging at certain points but I could swear Conor had to get off the mat in round 2. Was there a slip or trip or something or did I just misinterpret what they were saying due to lag?

Also fight metric has way different stats. It has Nate 74 (37) & Conor 70 (34) in significant strikes but an even wider margin in overall strikes for Nate.

Either way it was super close, I'd love to see a 3rd fight at 155 but after Conor defends a few times. I think the second Aldo fight will be much tougher but I'm not sure those 145'ers can withstand his power

I think the stats are not being fair there, I believe the reason of why the "stats" say Conor dealt less damage than Nate, thats because Nate is a bigger guy, and even if he possibly get hit hard, he doesnt show it, most of Conor punches were clean as hell, i swear Conor did more damage, but Nate landed more shots also thanks for his superior dirty boxing.

Okay so it was a slip? I was lagging & didn't see it, by the time I got back he was up already and the commentators were talking bout him getting back up so I assumed he was knocked down

Nah they both slipped, Nate slipped too when he attempted a head kick, it was a combination of Nate's blood being all over the place and plus they were both exhausted.

I think Conor is great and one day he may be at the hall of fame, Dis guy has a great iQ as he said "it's me against me" great motivation dat means u are the enemy of u! Conor MacGregor he's a great fighter and who hates him is just a selfish guy who hates seeing ones being great and succeed in life. I am Nate fan and Conor is gonna get a double burger with cheese and Stockton slap, We are we the Ninjas although u are great Conor.

Nah, its just standard Blacksplosiveness

He is not in his weight class, he still have the explosiveness he have at 145 but every time he attempt a move, all that weight on his arms and legs is going to take a toll on his cardio, he is pretty evident that he is not at 100% in 170lbs, not a natural here, he said hismelf he feel too much "weight" on his belly, that take a toll sooner or later, on the other hand Nate was fucking built like a truck in this bout, Conor said that the night of the fight, Nate was probably around 180, that might be true, Nate Diaz is a perfect 170lbs guy that could also fight at 185 if he wanted to, and boy he did look fucking big this time.

At 155 and 145 i will never expect Conor to have cardio problems.

• Downvote 2

I sure hope Conor fights in his proper weight class and defends his title next. He struggled a lot at 170lbs and i really do not see the point of them doing a rematch soon. I do not mind seeing them fight again, but i rather it be in the future, depending on how their fights go.

He is not in his weight class, he still have the explosiveness he have at 145 but every time he attempt a move, all that weight on his arms and legs is going to take a toll on his cardio, he is pretty evident that he is not at 100% in 170lbs, not a natural here, he said hismelf he feel too much "weight" on his belly, that take a toll sooner or later, on the other hand Nate was fucking built like a truck in this bout, Conor said that the night of the fight, Nate was probably around 180, that might be true, Nate Diaz is a perfect 170lbs guy that could also fight at 185 if he wanted to, and boy he did look fucking big this time.

At 155 and 145 i will never expect Conor to have cardio problems.

I was talking about AJ not McGregor lol

I sure hope Conor fights in his proper weight class and defends his title next. He struggled a lot at 170lbs and i really do not see the point of them doing a rematch soon. I do not mind seeing them fight again, but i rather it be in the future, depending on how their fights go.

Him struggling at 170 has nothin to do with the w/c he's at. Cutting weight is tough on your body. it doesn't give you better cardio. You only cut weight up to the weigh ins, and you usually gain most of it back the next day. Granted, Conor may have been a bonehead and tried to pack on a bunch of muscle, which would eat up his cardio a lil bit carrying that extra weight. I think he just has shit cardio. You don't get Diaz cardio in a year or two. That's years, if not a lifetime, of discipline, preparation, and training.

Conor has shit cardio (in comparison to Diaz) and poor stamina management. Either that or he was a jackass and packed on extra weight and muscle and that wore him out. I think that was his typical walk around weight, the 160's.

So I can see why the judges scored it for Conor but I really wouldn't have complained about that round being scored a draw either

Round 4 was the breaker for me, which I edged Connor but could have been 10-10 IMO.

In MMA, a round can't be scored a tie unless there are point deductions by the referee. They say it in every UFC broadcast for crying out loud; "10-point must scoring system, with the winner of the round getting 10 points, and his or her opponent getting 9 points or less." That's part of the reason why judging from ones own couch is so easy in MMA.

I really don't get how one could score the 3rd round 10-8. The round was all stand up and clinch. And by stats, McGregor landed 26 significant strikes. That's not a 10-8 round. All the time you see guys doing nothing but defending on their back for 3 minutes, then get up and land a few in the last 45 seconds, and get away with a 10-9 loss. But McGregor throws lands more than he did in the 1st, and he gets an 8. Bullshit, IMO.

• Downvote 2

Respect to both Nate and Mcgregor for a good fight ... it takes a ton of heart and courage to fight for 25 minutes at the top level !

but special appreciation for Mcgregor for his outstanding performance of short distance sprinting (may be due to Olympic heat and all ) inside the octagon -_-
he literally ran :D

and people trash DC for taking down Anderson, controlling on to and winning the fight :)

Mcgregor didn't just won the fight ( Nate should have won it ) i think he won a cool medal for his sprinting skills

• Downvote 2

In MMA, a round can't be scored a tie unless there are point deductions by the referee. They say it in every UFC broadcast for crying out loud; "10-point must scoring system, with the winner of the round getting 10 points, and his or her opponent getting 9 points or less." That's part of the reason why judging from ones own couch is so easy in MMA.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. 10 point must means the winner of the round must get 10 points unless points are deducted. If there is no clear winner while rare a 10-10 round is apart of the 10 point must system. It has been this way for near 100 years.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry but you are wrong. 10 point must means the winner of the round must get 10 points unless points are deducted. If there is no clear winner while rare a 10-10 round is apart of the 10 point must system. It has been this way for near 100 years.

I admit it, I was wrong. I re-read the rules for first time in a long time.

But there might as well not be a 10-10 round. I'm still relatively new to MMA, but I've never seen a 10-10 round. I've never seen a 10-7 either, but I assume a 10-10 would be happen much more often that a 10-7.

As I'm writing this, I'm looking at this site: http://mmadecisions.com/ten-ten-report/

Looks like I've seen a 10-10 round. Fight Night 84 (Silva vs Bisping) in London. Omielanczuk vs Dahno, one judge scored it 10-10 in the 3rd.

But that was a technical desicion, at 1:31 of the 3rd round. It makes a bit more sense to score a draw after only 91 seconds, than it's after five whole minutes.

As you can see from that list, 10-10 rounds are very rare. Less than 50 in the previous 15 years. And only once has a majority agreed to 10-10 round.

On a side note it's funny that some judge names appear on that list more than once. Douglas Crosby has over 200 decisions since 2000, and has awarded 4 draws. Jeff Blatnick has ~73 decisions, and 5 draws. So, Blatnick awards a 10-10 about 1.9% of rounds he judges (in a decision fight). That makes him by far the draw happiest judge ever, and way way above the mean.

I don't know how trustworthy that site is, so take it for what it is. But it's certainly something to think about when someone feels the need to call a round a draw.

If you give one 10-10 out of 100 rounds you see, you're basically throwing them around like candy, compared to the real judges and actual real life results.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2