Olympics

bjornmma1

I am superhappy with what my countrymen have done so far.

-Van Avermaet gold in the mens olympic cycling.

-Van Tichelt bronze medal in judo.

-Timmers silver medal in swimming ( what a belgian record!)

Today a guy is fighting in judo that I know from a few years ago. He is an amazing judoka and a potential medalist. Fingers crossed for him!!

http://www.mil.be/sites/mil.be/files/styles/large_article_colorbox/public/article/273671_CEUPPENS%20ERWIN.jpg?itok=P7ND-WpT

I love the summer olympics. I ran track and swam since I was about 12 so I really enjoy watching both of those. For me I'm most interested in watching Michael Phelps because I've been a fan since the Sydney Olympics in 2000 before he ever won a medal.

But we're both the same age, and my best stroke was also butterfly. So in 2000 at 15 I was watching someone my age swim in a final heat of an Olympic race in the stroke I liked the best & he's been my fave ever since.

I love the summer olympics. I ran track and swam since I was about 12 so I really enjoy watching both of those. For me I'm most interested in watching Michael Phelps because I've been a fan since the Sydney Olympics in 2000 before he ever won a medal.

But we're both the same age, and my best stroke was also butterfly. So in 2000 at 15 I was watching someone my age swim in a final heat of an Olympic race in the stroke I liked the best & he's been my fave ever since.

You ran track? Cool, so did I !

What distances ?

I stopped giving a fuck about the olympics when they went to the 4 year offset model. I miss the every 4 years olympics, where it was olympics all the time for 2 months of the year! That felt like something special. Now it just doesn't feel the same.

I do know that my country will bring home the most gold medals, only because we're rich bitch!

I enjoy watching most sports but I like track and field and swimming the most. Although I am looking forward to men's tennis as well, nobody has ever gotten two gold medals in it and Nadal and Murray are still in it so I'm rooting for a final between those two. Andy Murray has been one of my favorite tennis players for a long time so I'll definitely be rooting for him.

As for how my country is doing well the U.S is leading in gold medals and total medals so it's been a fun Olympics with a lot to root for.

My fastest 800 was 1:59 & my fastest mile was 4:29 Bjorn so pretty similar I guess bc we ran 1600 not 1500.

4:29 in the mile didn't even place at leagues though. We had a really strong league though I ran against a freshman C. Miller who ran like 4:06 at a Nike regional meet at 15 yo. His twin ran a 4:09
I was much better at swimming really tbh

My fastest 800 was 1:59 & my fastest mile was 4:29 Bjorn so pretty similar I guess bc we ran 1600 not 1500.

4:29 in the mile didn't even place at leagues though. We had a really strong league though I ran against a freshman C. Miller who ran like 4:06 at a Nike regional meet at 15 yo. His twin ran a 4:09

I never broke that 2' mark on 800m and it was irritating me like crazy, haha.

Fuse loved running the competition down from behind. :rolling:

:us: :us: :us:

We dominate the Olympics every year. We're superior athletes.

Hahaha you're funny, I just generally stuck to individual sports tbh. I'm not a huge fan of team sports really, my success depending on someone else's ability or effort was just never something I handled very well. I used to get in too many fights in team sports

Just curious but how old were you when you got those times. I only ran track for one year in high school (freshman) and the fastest I could ever get my mile time was just under 5:30. I always assumed I was too fat or short to get it much better lol.

Just curious but how old were you when you got those times. I only ran track for one year in high school (freshman) and the fastest I could ever get my mile time was just under 5:30. I always assumed I was too fat or short to get it much better lol.

I ran both of those PR's in my senior year so 18 years old. My freshman and sophomore year I was probably around a 5 min mile guy, sometimes a shade under, sometimes a shade over. Then my junior year I did cross-country in the fall so 5K (3.1 miles) races. My junior year my personal best was 4:40 so there was a pretty significant drop in my mile time that year. I did XC & track my senior year too and again my mile time just kept getting better.

Middle distance was always more my strength though I'd say because I had good speed. When we were trying out for the team we spent the first week doing all the events to see what we were good at & give the coaches an idea where we belonged. My 100 M dash time as a freshman was like 11.5 but that was only the 4th or 5th best time on our team. So I was fast enough to be a sprinter, but since that was a strength on our team and there were a handful of guys better than me anyway I just sorta fell into distance running.

My senior year in HS though I was also about 5'11" and 135lbs though lol

Haven't been watching it at all but do pay attention to the news whenever Canada wins a medal. Its pretty cool when someone nobody has ever heard of before suddenly becomes a country wide sensation and superstar. We have a 16 year old female swimmer who has won 4 medals so far (gold, silver, 2 bronze) and almost everyone in Canada knows her name now! At 16 she is already the most decorated swimmer in Canadian history.

Our Canadian women are kicking some ass right now. Canada has 10 medals so far, all women.

I ran both of those PR's in my senior year so 18 years old. My freshman and sophomore year I was probably around a 5 min mile guy, sometimes a shade under, sometimes a shade over. Then my junior year I did cross-country in the fall so 5K (3.1 miles) races. My junior year my personal best was 4:40 so there was a pretty significant drop in my mile time that year. I did XC & track my senior year too and again my mile time just kept getting better.

Middle distance was always more my strength though I'd say because I had good speed. When we were trying out for the team we spent the first week doing all the events to see what we were good at & give the coaches an idea where we belonged. My 100 M dash time as a freshman was like 11.5 but that was only the 4th or 5th best time on our team. So I was fast enough to be a sprinter, but since that was a strength on our team and there were a handful of guys better than me anyway I just sorta fell into distance running.

My senior year in HS though I was also about 5'11" and 135lbs though lol

5'11" and 135? You were a really slim guy huh? I weighed about the same freshman year but struggled to get to 5'1" in shoes lol. I initially wanted to be a sprinter but the same happened to me and I ended up doing longer distances as well. I wish I could've kept going but my ankles were a mess. Had to quit sports all together.

Clean sweep for the USA on gold medals for 4x100 swimming and the men's team broke the Olympic record.

• Upvote 1