The 2016/2017 Football (Soccer) Thread

markyosullivan

Yeah it was a shock to me but I don't see him getting into that Barcelona side because of their style of play now, with Neymar and Messi playing an inside winger role to bolster Suarez as the out and out striker.

Pedro and Alexis Sanchez no longer fitted into a role at the club.

However With Ozil's presence allowing Sanchez to play a more forward and free roam role he is coming into his own and improving on a game to game basis.

Arsenal are playing without a main threat but with multiple threats which is excitingly dangerous

I think Sanchez could play the inside forward role without a problem, obviously he would not be allowed to free roam in Barca, but i think they could switch sides without any issue. The problem is that he will be competing with arguably 2 of the best 5 players in the world with Neymar and Messi. Neither can play the pure striker role and Sanchez is also better off coming through the midfield as well.

Truth is, the Trio of Messi, Neymar and Suarez is probably the best trio the world has seen, or at least it is one of the best ever, so Sanchez was probably better off leaving.

I think Defoe is the best value you can get for the cash you are paying, as a striker that is where you want to put your cash. It was my first season, so i made a few mistakes to begin with, i only signed Sanchez after 6-7 games after i figured out the matrix and how they work.

Got to say, Spurs like to make derby games out of almost everyone, including Wycombe. We was down 3-2 on the 89th minutes, we ended up winning 4-3 in extra time, one of the more thrilling and embarrassing games we have had this year. Our depth is easily our biggest problem at the moment, the main 11 can beat almost anyone, but our next 11 cannot beat Wycombe (it took the inclusions of Dembele and Ali to turn the game around).

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester have a serious chance of getting relegated this year. They already have the worse start in 24 games by an EPL champ, but relegation will be something few people would predict start season. I expected they to be around 7-10th this year. Funny thing is that a lot of people are not surprised about their form this year, which kind of shows how miraculous their title win last year was.

On our performance against Liverpool? well, I hope it is evidence that Davies is not Rose's back. If he cannot play on the left in a 3 at the back, we need to ship him to a mid table team. Dier is in a bit of limbo for me at the moment. He lacks the technical ability to play at the back and he is way behind Wanyama in the DM role. Overall a very poor day at the office. I barely remember when we actually had a decent shot on goal, that said, I went and had a shower somewhere in the middle of the game because washing my hair and ass was more entertaining, so maybe I missed something. Liverpool is the only team, (besides any and every German teams) we played who is clearly better than us. They play our style, just they play it better. The good news? Next week is off, that will give us time to recover from the butt spanking we got.

On our performance against Liverpool? well, I hope it is evidence that Davies is not Rose's back. If he cannot play on the left in a 3 at the back, we need to ship him to a mid table team. Dier is in a bit of limbo for me at the moment. He lacks the technical ability to play at the back and he is way behind Wanyama in the DM role. Overall a very poor day at the office. I barely remember when we actually had a decent shot on goal, that said, I went and had a shower somewhere in the middle of the game because washing my hair and ass was more entertaining, so maybe I missed something. Liverpool is the only team, (besides any and every German teams) we played who is clearly better than us. They play our style, just they play it better. The good news? Next week is off, that will give us time to recover from the butt spanking we got.

Wanyama was the worst player on the pitch

Leicester sacking Ranieri is unacceptable. He should at least be given the chance to complete the season. They are also still in the CL as well. Sacking a manager who won you the EPL the season before with Chelsea and sacking him 6-7 months later? That is a joke. If this was a top level team I would agree, but it is Leicester for god sake. It will also be one of those special stories for us fans to talk about in the future, being the underdog team to win the league and then getting relegated the year later (assuming that is what ends up happening).

• 2 weeks later...

Kane wins Player of the Month after four goals in February. Steven Gerrard won Player of the Month 6 times in his career. That's the record. Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie won it five times. I would be shocked if he did not beat 6 by the time he is retired, considering he is 23y old now.

Kane wins Player of the Month after four goals in February. Steven Gerrard won Player of the Month 6 times in his career. That's the record. Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie won it five times. I would be shocked if he did not beat 6 by the time he is retired, considering he is 23y old now.

Shit, Kane got injured and will probably be out for most of the season.

Oh, the irony

• 3 weeks later...

I think Mourinho is starting to lose his mind:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39468465

He is bitching like a girl, obviously, all the little teams will defend to get a draw in front of 75k fans at Old Traford, it is his job to try to get the goals.

not only his job,its the players job as well.i still cant fathom why have utd not bought a world class CF?why the fuck they keep buying a striker who will be a short term fix.Ever since SAF left utd have been lacking goals.once upon a time utd would destoy bottom dwellers by 3-4-5 goals like Utd 4-wigan/hull 0.
Instead of Pogba they should have gone for cavani,higuan or benzema.break the bank and solve the fucking crisis upfront.You can keep clean sheet all day long but 0-0 dont get you three points.
For all good zlatan has done i dont think utd will win the league with him.If you look closely he has missed a lot chances.i can think of a scenario where GD can cause Utd to miss top 4.Zlatan is slow and when he drops back its even more hard for utd to score coz the rest of the fuckers are useless except mata.Rashword needs to man the fuck up and go to gym.I reckon he will improve his game but i hope it could be faster coz other wise if mou is unsatisfied with him,he will tell Rashi boy to find a new home or go on loan.Pogba is being wasted.why the fuck is he doing a scholesy and pinging balls from half way line.for gods sake,he needs to play further upfront.He can dribble(too much sometimes) and score from anywhere you want.He also has good long shots.who the fuck pays 89 mill for player to be played as holding mid or even defensive mid?
you know Utd could have gotten higuan for 50-60 mill easily.Napoli would let him go.They were never ever intrested in letting him go to Juve.
Money wise Utd can compete with anybody so go out there and buy a 30+ goals a season striker.
I feel bad for SAF who comes to watch Utd fuck up every week or the other.Even the quality of Goals Utd score is poor.I bet after the games SAF goes on to you tube to watch video titled like all goals man utd season 08-09 to feel better.Mourinho has only improved on defensive solidarity of Utd.Attacking wise there are games where Utd are clueless going forward.Every player has tendency to move in to box.I dont think Rashi boy enjoys playing on the wing.
No player in the team has an real eye of pass except for mata.Zlatan tries too much of his shitty flicks which half the time are useless.Pogba tries to act like messi,think he can dribble past the whole defense of the opponent.When one of the best players of Utd is a right back the you know there is something not right within the team.mou has done this and that is fucking bull shit as far as i am concerned.Utd benefited form a lot of refs decision as much as they suffered so he should just stfu about the issue of refs.i can see at least 5 players being told to fuck off next summer.lets face it with the competition increason every season Utd need better players than the current ones to challenge for title.Even goddamn everton could be in for top 4 race next season.Mou is sulky as fuck always during interviews.Probably due to piss poor quality of results is piling misery upon him.lol

Truth being said, Higuain is also a "short term" fix, i know he is younger than Zlatan, but unlike Zlatan, he cannot afford to be as slow and rely purely on technique. I do not think Zlatan was a bad buy, especially considering that you did not actually buy him, he came for free (although with his wages, it is hard to consider him free). You probably made the money for his wages via merchandise sales. Besides that, most people would agree that he had a very good first year with United, so we cannot blame him for the attacking woes.

I think United were planning that Rushford would be the answer to the lack in pace, the problem is that this is a very young player with limited experience, sure he had a few good games last year, but to expect this guy to carry the "speedy striker" role, was a huge request for anyone to make. I think sending him on loan or have him come off the bench would had been more appropriate for this year.

Also having Zlatan + Rooney together does not make much sense, they are technically both players who lack pace and play behind the striker. Not, exactly someone you can rely on getting in front of the ball or dribbling past players at his age. One thing is certain, at this point in time you cannot rely on Rooney winning you the league.

Pogba is a DM / Holding midfielder! Maybe you can consider him a box to box, but he is most certainly not a scoring midfielder. You cannot rely on him to get you goals and win you games that way. The price you paid is inflated, especially for a player in his position, i said that at the start of the year and i say that now. I still think he is a very good player though, just the price tag adds more expectations to him.

to see arsenal losing is better than getting an orgasm.haha

this is the season finally when the fraud Wenger has become is being exposed.

A dicatator s empire is now crumbling.City and Utd will spend a fucking lot in summer.i expect some elite players to come to either manchester clubs.Liverpool will buy some cheap talents form here and there i reckon.Chelsea pobably will look for replacement for costa.who the fuck will arsenal buy?

Arsenal will not finish top 4.Arsenal should beat boro and sunderland.they both are pure shit.6 points here.

Then they wont out right win vs man utd or spurs.2 points i guess.

Everton and Leciester at home can cause them problems but lets assume the get 6 points out of it.Stoke away another 3 point we give them just for the sake of it.

17 points at max.total=54+17=71

taking 70 as least min. req. to get top 4 spot lfc are only 7 points away(2 game played more) while city are 9 points.(1 game played more).

expect man utd to drop points as they face all teams in top 6 except lfc. Top 4 is set imo.only thing that matter is that 4 th spot is Ucl play off spot.

LFC should try for 3rd.If that shitty defense stays the way it is i could see them losing in UCl play offs if they face some big boys from other strong leagues in europe other than top 5 ones.that would be fun too.lol

• 2 weeks later...

Spurs did the typical Spursy thing, we had 63% of the possession, had double the shots on goal and 11 corners to their 1 and still manage to comfortably lose (in the end) 4-2 to Chelsea for the FA cup. Over the course of 75 minutes, Spurs was probably the better team but our lack of depth and the inclusion of Costa, Hazzard and Fabregas in the second half eventually wore us down. Playing Son as a left wing back was dubious move from Pouchetino and it cost us. Son is a poor defender generally and he has never played in this role all his career, so why take the risk in such a huge game? He should of played Vertongen and either played Wimmer in the DCL role if he wanted to keep the 3-4-4 or changed the system to a 4-2-3-1 with Dier and Toby as the back 2.

We (Tottenham) need to bring in several rotation players next year. We need a left sided DC because Wimmer apparently is not good enough, Davies is a good full back, but a poor left sided Wing back, we are a totally different team with Rose at the WBL role. We need someone to replace Son (because in 2 years he is going to military service in Korea anyway) because although he is getting goals, he is very limited in the other parts of his game. Lamela is also very injury prone, the past 3 years he spent almost 1 1/2 on the injury list. Sissoko has been a catastrophe, so he needs to go and we need more depth at the Striker position, Janssen has improved as of late, but he is not a reliable replacement for Kane, when he went out in November we dropped loads of points.

• 4 weeks later...

Harry Kane scored 7 goals in 2 games, only one other player in EPL history has done that, Alan Shearer. Kane is also the only player in EPL history besides Shearer to score 75 goals or more before the age of 24y. Spurs ended up winning their last 2 games 6-1 and 7-1, lets just say the season ending was better than last year, lol. I am really confident going into the next season, i think with 3-4 decent signings we should be the main candidate for the title.