Spoiler Alert - Maia vs Condit

Impressive win, you just can't let Maia on the ground these days, looks like he stoped to focus only on boxing to try catch up and now is back to bjj and wrestling.

Paige VanZant vs Bec Rawlings and you have to see this one really good fight.

It's satisfying to see an unattractive attention whore getting finished like this.

I always wondered how this one would end up if they went to the ground both ?

Who's the best you think ?

Here is your answer to that one:

"Maia has also defeated top-ranked UFC middleweight and multiple-time Mundial champion Ronaldo "Jacaré" Souza"

I actually thought Jacare was better on the ground, also i think he beat him in a pure BJJ competition which does not include GnP, an aspect of Jacare's game which was not used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKEMwmexT2Y

That is the video of Maia beating Jacare.

well the fight against Jacare was pretty close, i have no understanding how BJJ is scored but to me Maia was pulling guard almost all the time. I also noticed that by 2010 Jacare was much better in the fight against Werdum (the fight with Maia was in 2007). In a grappling fight which includes GnP i still think Jacare would beat Maia.

well the fight against Jacare was pretty close, i have no understanding how BJJ is scored but to me Maia was pulling guard almost all the time. I also noticed that by 2010 Jacare was much better in the fight against Werdum (the fight with Maia was in 2007). In a grappling fight which includes GnP i still think Jacare would beat Maia.

In BJJ, pulling guard is an offensive move.

Also, did you notice jacare standing most of the time on the edge of the mat? That's to negate the points Maia would get from sweeping him(which he did). If the sweep lands out of the mat, its points don't count. Jacare knows this, that's why he's there. Jacaré is very smart on playing the rules(see his fight against Roger Gracie where he won with a broken arm)

dam Demian Maia submitted Gabriel Gonzaga in a bjj tournament !

I think Maia beats wonderboy if they fight but i think woodley is a harder fight for Maia he could win but much hard style match up.

I'm not sure it would be such an easy match up for Maia, wonderboy is good to stay out of range, he may stay out of takedown range for a long time and not engage too much in striking.

I'm not sure it would be such an easy match up for Maia, wonderboy is good to stay out of range, he may stay out of takedown range for a long time and not engage too much in striking.

So does Condit but look what happen to him wonderboy has better footwork than condit but not much better condit has a better ground game than wonderboy

if it hits the ground wonderboy should just tap out right away lol.

The big difficulty with the Maia matchup for Wonderboy is the kicks; Maia thrives on trips and single-legs and if he gets you down once and you're not an elite-level grappler yourself you aren't going to last long. Could Wonderboy keep his legs from being caught for long enough to finish Maia? If he takes the kicks out for safety he's probably got to win a five-round decision - Maia's chin is underrated and he's far from the worst boxer in the game so I don't think Wonderboy could knock him out just boxing and only kicking at the end of rounds. 25 minutes is a long time to never get taken down, even with substantially better wrestling than Condit.

Personally, I tend to agree with the Wonderboy > Woodley > Maia > Wonderboy school of thought. Woodley's combination of physical strength and meat-and-potatoes striking give him the better tools to sprawl and brawl his way to victory over Maia than Wonderboy while leaving him seemingly underequipped to beat Thompson in the stand-up. I'd be less surprised to see Maia beat Woodley than Wonderboy beat Maia though just because of the tiny margin for error involved in beating Maia.