The Island

ValentinasAss

Something really needs to change for season 7. Every season has gotten a little less interesting and participation seems to be trending down. I'll quote my suggestion from earlier in the thread on the outside chance mike reads it (can't recall the last time I saw him in the forum though).

On a positive note, my 18 year old creation is probably the best prospect on my entire roster. 6-0 and #8 p4p on the island. I'll like sit him until the tournament to get a good shot at winning.

You will be shipping him back to your training camp once the season is over I assume?

You will be shipping him back to your training camp once the season is over I assume?

Yeah. He's about even skill wise with the other guys I got the same age. The faster recovery speed does a lot in terms of keeping up with the off island guys. I'll probably just make 18 year olds there from now on.

Yeah. He's about even skill wise with the other guys I got the same age. The faster recovery speed does a lot in terms of keeping up with the off island guys. I'll probably just make 18 year olds there from now on.

I thought of that once. Might try it myself. Great idea really and some decent experience from a season there too. That's probably the only thing that would be worth it on The Island.

I thought of that once. Might try it myself. Great idea really and some decent experience from a season there too. That's probably the only thing that would be worth it on The Island.

The disadvantage though is that you are basically forced to fight 25 year olds, since the money you get when creating won't last forever, and it's practically impossible to book 18 year olds just against eachother

Have you got any idea on how economics work? More competition means people will put more effort on the companies for them to thrive. Maybe Mike should give them more money to start off

And one or 2 companies will be booming with most of the sales and any others will go to shit in 1 week. Do you have any idea how many people create fighters on The Island? Not many at all which is why there are so few good gyms and even fewer companies.

The disadvantage though is that you are basically forced to fight 25 year olds, since the money you get when creating won't last forever, and it's practically impossible to book 18 year olds just against eachother

Wills was 4-0 against 25 year olds and 2-0 against a 21 year old. He'll pass my 25 year old creation in skills probably next week. I expect him to have a decent edge in terms of total skills by the time the tourney starts.

And one or 2 companies will be booming with most of the sales and any others will go to shit in 1 week. Do you have any idea how many people create fighters on The Island? Not many at all which is why there are so few good gyms and even fewer companies.

the companies that offer the best service will thrive while the ones which do not will fail. it's as simple as that and I don't see a problem

As a noob i thought the island would be just another training ground. I didnt expect to be trapped with no way of supporting my fighters from off Island. i dont remember if when I chose the island on the fighter creation page, if it said any warnings that my fighter would be stuck there until the end of march. Oh well such is life i suppose. I released three fighters from the island they sucked ass or ran out of money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a noob i thought the island would be just another training ground. I didnt expect to be trapped with no way of supporting my fighters from off Island. i dont remember if when I chose the island on the fighter creation page, if it said any warnings that my fighter would be stuck there until the end of march. Oh well such is life i suppose. I released three fighters from the island they sucked ass or ran out of money.

I get that you had a bad experience and I think it shows that the island definitely needs a lot of work. The island was started as an "even playing field" element of the game. A place were new players could compete with vets. At this point the opposite is true. The Island has really turned into a guilt free can crushing zone. Not that anyone is doing anything wrong or shady, but knowledge and experience gives such an insurmountable edge in this game that the island has become an easy place to pad the record and move up the rankings. Once vet managers figured out what works its so easy to go back to that reservoir of knowledge every season and produce a large stable of elite island fighters. I can get a great record out of mediocre hiddens fighters with no problem, if i actually churned for hiddens I could have a big stable of champions easily. You eventually get matched with other vets and take losses, but there is always a large pool of noobs to beat up on in the meantime, especially early on. The even playing field went out the window after the first season. Something new (rules/skillpoints/finances) is needed every season to return some parity to the island.

I get that you had a bad experience and I think it shows that the island definitely needs a lot of work. The island was started as an "even playing field" element of the game. A place were new players could compete with vets. At this point the opposite is true. The Island has really turned into a guilt free can crushing zone. Not that anyone is doing anything wrong or shady, but knowledge and experience gives such an insurmountable edge in this game that the island has become an easy place to pad the record and move up the rankings. Once vet managers figured out what works its so easy to go back to that reservoir of knowledge every season and produce a large stable of elite island fighters. I can get a great record out of mediocre hiddens fighters with no problem, if i actually churned for hiddens I could have a big stable of champions easily. You eventually get matched with other vets and take losses, but there is always a large pool of noobs to beat up on in the meantime, especially early on. The even playing field went out the window after the first season. Something new (rules/skillpoints/finances) is needed every season to return some parity to the island.

I disagree, if you find a mentor to show you the ropes a bit, The Island can be great for noobs. In my first season I was able to hold #1p4p for a while, finished 1th in my wc and 2nd in the end of season tournament. I reached rank 84 on the back of one single fighter.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I disagree, if you find a mentor to show you the ropes a bit, The Island can be great for noobs. In my first season I was able to hold #1p4p for a while, finished 1th in my wc and 2nd in the end of season tournament. I reached rank 84 on the back of one single fighter.

An outlier fighter doesnt really disprove any of what I said. Most new players dont get the advice from a mentor that helped you. Despite that, you had one good fighter and two total failures. I think most new players are far more likely to have the success level of the poster I quoted then what you were able to do. Of course the island can be great for noobs. Its also great for vet managers to pad their records at the expense of noobs.

An outlier fighter doesnt really disprove any of what I said. Most new players dont get the advice from a mentor that helped you. Despite that, you had one good fighter and two total failures. I think most new players are far more likely to have the success level of the poster I quoted then what you were able to do. Of course the island can be great for noobs. Its also great for vet managers to pad their records at the expense of noobs.

I've had one serious fighter and two right now that are there to pad my org. There are noob managers doing quite well in my org. It's for sure at least a more even playing field than the main game. But if the noob managers don't invest any time in it, to learn the game, they'll fail anywhere.

I've had one serious fighter and two right now that are there to pad my org. There are noob managers doing quite well in my org. It's for sure at least a more even playing field than the main game. But if the noob managers don't invest any time in it, to learn the game, they'll fail anywhere.

I was talking about the two fighters you also made when you made vermeer. I don't see any managers i would consider new players with a belt or an upcoming title shot in the two island orgs. The top fighters are mostly vets. New managers can get wins there when they fight other new managers, but for the most part they are hype fodder this season.

I actually think its less of an even playing field because you can get to a point in the island were you cant recover from your mistakes short of cutting a fighter. At that point you might as well wait to next season.

I was talking about the two fighters you also made when you made vermeer. I don't see any managers i would consider new players with a belt or an upcoming title shot in the two island orgs. The top fighters are mostly vets. New managers can get wins there when they fight other new managers, but for the most part they are hype fodder this season.

I actually think its less of an even playing field because you can get to a point in the island were you cant recover from your mistakes short of cutting a fighter. At that point you might as well wait to next season.

As far as I remember I only made Roy Hunt back then, who I refused to cut when Jax said I should. John Dodson in my org is a two time champ, by a manager who joined last August.

As far as I remember I only made Roy Hunt back then, who I refused to cut when Jax said I should. John Dodson in my org is a two time champ, by a manager who joined last August.

This John Dodson? He's not a two time champ, he's 6-4 in the org and 1-3 in title fights. He's been lucky to not run across top manager opposition. War Machine and yourself are the two more recognizable names hes beaten.

These are the two island fighters you struck out with the same time you made vermeer:

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=286053

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=286251

This John Dodson? He's not a two time champ, he's 6-4 in the org and 1-3 in title fights. He's been lucky to not run across top manager opposition. War Machine and yourself are the two more recognizable names hes beaten.

These are the two island fighters you struck out with the same time you made vermeer:

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=286053

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=286251

Alex was only a test fight, Ryan I kept cause I was stubborn, if I listened to my mentor I would've sacked him after his first fight. Dodson actually won the title twice, the fight against Higuchi should've been a title fight, but the box unchecked

Alex was only a test fight, Ryan I kept cause I was stubborn, if I listened to my mentor I would've sacked him after his first fight. Dodson actually won the title twice, the fight against Higuchi should've been a title fight, but the box unchecked

For future reference you can get Mike to fix this as it is a known glitch that will be ironed out eventually.