The Island

ValentinasAss

Anyone else finding the roll of hiddens low on the Island. Is that intentional or just shit luck?

I've had all the shit ones apart from good in bed and enjoys gardening.

So far I have Heavy handed and a Granite chin....Find out the other in a couple hours.

Look at the bright side, your popping good trait's for a good wife :thumbup:

If there is one thing I'm getting tired off, it's managers asking for time to 'develop' their fighters. What the hell are you on the Island for?

Keep in mind some of us really have never experienced the Island before......Just because you know the drill don't ass-u-me others do.

So don't be one of those that think because you and others know the drill, everyone should....In other words, don't be a prick about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If there is one thing I'm getting tired off, it's managers asking for time to 'develop' their fighters. What the hell are you on the Island for?

To develop a fighter while getting them some experience? I find properly developing fighters to be a very boring prospect, so I like that I can do both on The Island.

Keep in mind some of us really have never experienced the Island before......Just because you know the drill don't ass-u-me others do.

So don't be one of those that think because you and others know the drill, everyone should....In other words, don't be a prick about it.

I get some people have not experienced the Island before, but this is also only my second time on it. I got it thr first time, the information is available. I don't really mind explaining it, but it gets a bit tiring to do it over and over again.
  • Upvote 1

This is my first time and all I want to do is fight. The training is shit so if you want to wait 2 weeks to pop abysmal go ahead. You'll get destroyed later and wished you hadn't.

I'm breaking the habit of a life time and keeping a 0-2 soon to probably be 0-3 fighter because I like his character. I don't know why but I'm pretty attached to him.

Has a solid chin, and has only dropped 25% morale from 2 loses. Can anyone explain what that tells me about him?

Also I kinda screwed up his sliders in his first fight which was a decision loss to a 4-0 in his debut.

• 1 month later...

This season of the Island seems pretty dead. Ive had to pm org owners asking for fights and contracts for fighters who have been doing pretty well. No writeups or enthusiasm anywhere on the boards. Maybe we should start brainstorming on changes to make for next season, either temporary or permanent just to make things a little different and get some excitement back into the island.

• Upvote 1

Odd, I personally never had someone ask me for a fight, and only a couple of noobs have asked me for a contract. The lack of writing is a gamewide problem right now imo. I haven't seen a good writer that isn't an org owner in ages. I think the season is pretty decent so far, 3 fairly even orgs and one niche org. The only big flaw is the kt org going inactive. Last season was a lot more exciting on the forum though

I'm just relating my experience this season in regards to fights and contracts. The total # of fighters has seemed to reduce each of the last few seasons, but demand for fighters has not increased. I had to message orgs for contracts for all 3 of my fighters to get them signed and had to message orgs for more then half the fights I've had.

The island seems to be running on the KT path, initial enthusiasm giving way to stagnation and disinterest. KT will never come back in the game because it's so limited, the island can be so unlimited that it's actually kind of sad that it's been run with the same rules for however many seasons.

My suggestion for a one-off season would be a much higher starting point value for a tbd age of fighter say 70% of total points with the new physicals rules cap in place. Remove the wonderful stopping point limit and allow skills to be allocated up to sensational. Of course these fighters would be not allowed off the island. I think that format would get a lot of interest and allow us to play test the physicals cap before it goes into place.

I'm sure many others can come up with some great new ideas to shake the island up for a season or two and give a little variety to the game. Maybe even get into the extra fast tycoon ideas that others have proposed before.

• Upvote 3

I agree, this season has been a bit of a let down with no real interest or excitement being shown like in previous seasons. I like JLP's idea of changing the Island rules so we can test out a few things, that might create a bit more interest and get people wanting to fight again. If the rules were changed so we could allocate more points at creation too it might lead to more interesting builds too.

Wilding's idea maybe good too but I always liked the Island for the large number of fights you normally get in a season (not this season tho unfortunately) and I'd would worry that people would just create a fighter and then not fight to take advantage of the quick learning or the gyms would be so crap that you wouldn't really learn anything worthwhile to keep the fighters on anyway but maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

A change would be nice anyway.

• Upvote 2

I have had trouble keeping a writer this season when the season started the events had previews and reviews but now i can't seem to find a writer

last season there was a write up for every event i think there was 4 different previews all by different writes on one of the events last season lol

The season dont end untill march 1st i think we are just now hitting the halfway point

I have had trouble keeping a writer this season when the season started the events had previews and reviews but now i can't seem to find a writer

last season there was a write up for every event i think there was 4 different previews all by different writes on one of the events last season lol

The season dont end untill march 1st i think we are just now hitting the halfway point

Mike told me The season dont end untill march 31st so we have a lot of season to go