Manager Rankings - Something's wrong

Wow, the most shameless post ever made in the history of MMAT.

lol, indeed. But I actually think the rankings are wrong, no way I should be in there. I've basically abandoned the game months ago and kept 3 fighters(2 former island guys) going just because I don't have the VIP to retire them.

After my last victory, I raised to #5. and then a week after, without fighting I got to #3.

lol, indeed. But I actually think the rankings are wrong, no way I should be in there. I've basically abandoned the game months ago and kept 3 fighters(2 former island guys) going just because I don't have the VIP to retire them.

After my last victory, I raised to #5. and then a week after, without fighting I got to #3.

That's due to the managers above you losing fights, and subsequently the hype dropping below yours. Makes sense really, but could be better.

No fighting somehow makes managers climb rank slowly.

yeah, I get it. Both the guys above me lost and therefore they're "hype" got lower.

One solution to this would be to freeze someone's ranking(not let it climb) until he has fought. Only then do the ranking update.

So going 13-2 on the island is enough to get you on the Top 10? And then 5 wins with mid ranked fighters gets you to the top5?

That's actually the point of my post.

When I had a champ at EVO and another at SP I was out of the top50. I never had any fighter on the Top10 p4p either.

That's due to the managers above you losing fights, and subsequently the hype dropping below yours. Makes sense really, but could be better.

But not fighting should also move your rankings down though. I think anything below a certain minimum (20 fights per month or 5 average per week) should penalize your rankings.

• Upvote 1

I also see one thing which seems to not get ranked at all is competition rank. Basically can crushing is the way to go still. If we look at the mangers with the worse competition rating in the game, you will see a lot of top 10 managers there (some of the current crop as well). So if you want to get to the top, fight less and fight easy fights which you will win.

Wins, especially against tough competition should be worth much more, where as wins over rookie managers and lower skilled fighters should be worth much less. All this kind of makes sense and has been recommended in the past, but for some reason we still end up with the same old problem. It is still a little better than it used to be though, at least losses are not penalized as much.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Comp Rating is redundant. If a manager spends any amount of time near the top he will have a bad comp rating due to the fact he is facing someone below him in the ranks every fight which worsens it.

If you look at the hype changes in a managers rank, you will see they lose a lot of hype when losing to a low ranked manager and gain fuck all from beating them. Case in point, I did a QFC with my Island guy and got a horrible ranked opp. I got fuck all hype from winning, I went up like 3 spaces maybe. If I lost, I woulc easily have dropped 40+ places.

Also, to say 5 fights a week minimum is a terrible idea. You're basically fucking over managers who dont have the extra fighter slots purchased because with 10 fighters, they will literally need to fight every 2 weeks which fucks up any projects they want to do in order to be able to actually compete against experienced managers. If I have 25 fighter slots, its easy. If I have 10, its a cbomb to work with.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am not sure the competition rank is totally redundant, if you go and have a look, a lot of those managers are facing mostly low ranking competition, there is a lot of really good can crushers there. In regards to the "5 fights per week being too much". 5 per week was just an example, it can be whatever is deemed reasonable, for an average VIP member which has at least 10 slots, I think 8 fights per month is about right, so about 2 per week. "Minimum activity" works the same with Alliances in the ranking, micro alliances are benefiting from the system, but even they need to have 30 fights per month to not get penalized, for manager rankings we do not have a similar system in place.

As for non-VIP getting screwed, if you like the game you should be considering upgrading to VIP, or buy extra slots, if not you will get hit by the penalty which will basically stop such managers from hitting the very top of the rankings.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love it. Let's force people into fighting when they may not want to just to preserve rank.

What I find hilarious is you say there is no system in place for managers to have a minimum fights in the divisions per month and then you say 8 should be the average fights per month.

....Guess what's already in the system?

"Adjusted Points - adjusted to average points per 8 fights, if you have more than 8 fights."

So we are actually having a guy trying to say what should happen when he doesn't even realise what is already in place on what he is talking about.

If you bitch about the rankings and how hype is affected in different fights, then only look at the division and focus on getting that instead.

End of the day, the ranks as they are now are probably better than they have been for a while. Sure, there are some slight tweaks that could be better, but overall I would say managers have a fair shot at getting there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, the point is that at the moment fewer fights and can crushing is the best and FASTEST way to get to the top, i know plenty of players which hit top 100 (and higher) in 3 months by basically can crushing. If you feel that is how it should work then fine, i am sure there are plenty of players which disagree.

• Upvote 1

Competition rank maybe should have some bearing, competition rating is totally broken and I don't see how you can try and defend it. Having a really low competition rank is much much more telling of a can crusher than competition rating.