Fighting with an Idiot on Facebook

kenlow73

Okay, for one... Anderson Silva never got a title shot at 205 because he would of lost (or the feared the potential of a loss) at the time and he was their golden boy. Let's just make that clear. There's a reason why he was literally fed hand-picked opponents at 205 and it was to protect him and his unbeatable image. He was their human highlight reel and in order to keep that going, they needed to be very selective with his matchmaking.

Conor brings a shit ton of money to the table. Is it fair? No, but he deserves to fight for whatever title he wants at this point. He killed Aldo with 1 punch lol. Would it happen again? Probably not 1, but more than likely kick Aldo's ass. Did he deserve a title shot at 155? Hmmm.... If he was your employee and you owned the UFC, would you deny the opportunity to make three times as much money from PPV as you normally would?

Chael Sonnen got a title shot at Jon Jones @ 205 for cryin out loud lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Okay, for one... Anderson Silva never got a title shot at 205 because he would of lost (or the feared the potential of a loss) at the time and he was their golden boy. Let's just make that clear. There's a reason why he was literally fed hand-picked opponents at 205 and it was to protect him and his unbeatable image. He was their human highlight reel and in order to keep that going, they needed to be very selective with his matchmaking.

Conor brings a shit ton of money to the table. Is it fair? No, but he deserves to fight for whatever title he wants at this point. He killed Aldo with 1 punch lol. Would it happen again? Probably not 1, but more than likely kick Aldo's ass. Did he deserve a title shot at 155? Hmmm.... If he was your employee and you owned the UFC, would you deny the opportunity to make three times as much money from PPV as you normally would?

Chael Sonnen got a title shot at Jon Jones @ 205 for cryin out loud lol.

No, Conor should have to defend one title before fighting for another. He shouldn't be getting special treatment because of $$$$ when all he is another overrated guy from Ireland.

• Downvote 3

No, Conor should have to defend one title before fighting for another. He shouldn't be getting special treatment because of $$$$ when all he is another overrated guy from Ireland.

You're a hater. An overrated guy from Ireland?

He beat the 145 lb champion, a LEGEND, with a single punch. He not only beat, but dismantled the LW champion in the 1st round. Eddie Alvarez has been a top 10 if not top 5 LW for the last 10 years.

Gives props where props are due. Hater.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Nope, he's overrated, it's a fact.

Crawl back to your facebook. Love him or hate him conor took this sport to a new level. I have never been a fan of his but you have to respect the talent that he has. I agree about the title shot, but with look how many people watched it bevause of the second belt. Conor Brought back ufc to NYC, Conor made it popular amongst celebrities.
  • Upvote 1

that['s BS, that card would have been in NYC regardless if Conor was on the card or not.

• Downvote 1

that['s BS, that card would have been in NYC regardless if Conor was on the card or not.

Not really. If conor wasn't around their best bet to make this sport global would ve rousey and she's nowhere close to him with talent or marketibility. There's a reason ehy they unbanned mma and it's money. Conor made more money than anyone

Nope, great first I'm fighting with an idiot on Facebook, now I'm fighting with idiots here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am a mcgregor fan but not one of his 'nuthugger fans'. He is a beast no doubt and destroyed 2 champions with ease so I aint mad that he got the opportunity to have a shot at the LW belt. However, Kenlow you are right - the situation isn't necessarily 'fair'. He has now had 3 fights since he won the FW title and should most certainly defend it next let alone at least once in his last 3 fights or be stripped of his FW belt.

Having said that he has brought in a fuck tonne of (casual) fans and money and as CK said it would probably be unwise for the UFC not to milk this cash cow.

As for the retard you were arguing with... he had only beaten Nate Diaz in the LW div not 'all the 155ers, the ones that matter'. What a moron.

I am a mcgregor fan but not one of his 'nuthugger fans'. He is a beast no doubt and destroyed 2 champions with ease so I aint mad that he got the opportunity to have a shot at the LW belt. However, Kenlow you are right - the situation isn't necessarily 'fair'. He has now had 3 fights since he won the FW title and should most certainly defend it next let alone at least once in his last 3 fights or be stripped of his FW belt.

Having said that he has brought in a fuck tonne of (casual) fans and money and as CK said it would probably be unwise for the UFC not to milk this cash cow.

As for the retard you were arguing with... he had only beaten Nate Diaz in the LW div not 'all the 155ers, the ones that matter'. What a moron.

Well, he beat Alvarez too but I think this guy got 145 and 155 confused.

Kenny just accept the truth. I'm not a McGregor fan, I'm actually rooting for anyone who fights against him. But the way he fights people is fantastic to be honest. The only fight that dissapointed me was Diaz 2. He went full safe mode there to be honest. Now, MMA in NYC would be still banned because it didn't have the spotlight that other sports did, like boxing for example. No fighter before appeared on saturday night shows, they didn't have press conferences that big like they used to. This loud mouth overrated irish boy certainly did bring a lot of casual fans to the sport, but it's actually a good thing because it unlocked NYC and shed some light on other fighters.

Can not call mcgregor overrated lol but possibly didn't deserve the title shot but money talks

I can and will.

• Downvote 1

McGregor isn't overrated. He's proven himself against every opponent he has come up against while becoming the biggest draw in UFC history.

Don't get me wrong, he should have had at least 1 title defence of the 145lbs title but then again, that's the UFC's problem, not Conor's. Of course he is gonna look for the biggest fights possible, it's the UFC's decision on whether they allow him to or not and they have allowed him to.

• Upvote 1

Nope, he's overrated just like all the other guys from Ireland/North Ireland.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Not sure who the idiot is, the guy from Facebook or you calling McGregor overrated. As far as "ratings" go, here are the facts:

http://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

McGregor is the biggest draw in MMA history period. He headlined 4 of the biggest PPV events in the sport's history so far, the only other guy which has 4 x million+ PPV buys is Lesnar. You could argue both Conor and Lesnar got extra attention, but so what, in the case of Conor he performed when necessary and did excellent in his big title fights. You can like him, hate him, call him what you want, but at this point, he is the face of the UFC and he does not give a poop what you or that idiot on facebook think.

• Upvote 1

Not sure who the idiot is, the guy from Facebook or you calling McGregor overrated. As far as "ratings" go, here are the facts:

http://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

McGregor is the biggest draw in MMA history period. He headlined 4 of the biggest PPV events in the sport's history so far, the only other guy which has 4 x million+ PPV buys is Lesnar. You could argue both Conor and Lesnar got extra attention, but so what, in the case of Conor he performed when necessary and did excellent in his big title fights. You can like him, hate him, call him what you want, but at this point, he is the face of the UFC and he does not give a poop what you or that idiot on facebook think.

Not sure who the idiot is...oh, it's Mentor calling me an idiot, go figure...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Calm down children.

McGregor isn't overrated, but it's undeniable that he was given the opportunity to win two titles under questionable circumstances. He went 1-1 against Nate Diaz and then got a title shot. This was after never defending the title at 145.

This would be the equivalent of Anderson beating Rich Franklin, then getting booked to fight Chuck Liddell. Then, Chuck gets injured, so instead he fights and loses to Keith Jardine at heavyweight. After that he would get an immediate rematch, win, and then fight Rampage for the LHW title.

No one would be praising this as some miraculous feat. It's for sure impressive, but we need to relax and look how we got here.

Calm down children.

McGregor isn't overrated, but it's undeniable that he was given the opportunity to win two titles under questionable circumstances. He went 1-1 against Nate Diaz and then got a title shot. This was after never defending the title at 145.

This would be the equivalent of Anderson beating Rich Franklin, then getting booked to fight Chuck Liddell. Then, Chuck gets injured, so instead he fights and loses to Keith Jardine at heavyweight. After that he would get an immediate rematch, win, and then fight Rampage for the LHW title.

No one would be praising this as some miraculous feat. It's for sure impressive, but we need to relax and look how we got here.

Nope, he's overrated. Pretty sure I said that and I'm never wrong. Just like I guarantee this post will get a ton of negs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Nope, he's overrated. Pretty sure I said that and I'm never wrong. Just like I guarantee this post will get a ton of negs.

Who's the idiot now. This has to be the best argument of all time. "I said it and I'm never wrong"

• Upvote 1