(Nominations) Alliance Of The Year 2016

GBK16

Official nominations thread for the Alliance Of The Year 2016

Comment below with who you wish to nominate for this award

Please note you may not nominate yourself, your own fighters, or your own company for an award

Current Nominations

7th Circle - Nominated by Mister Worldwide

The Cage Cartel - Nominated by Mickey Hart

Legion Of Doom - Nominated by Victorio Faber

Convicted Inc. - Nominated by Ryan Epicity

Steel Penn Alliance - Nominated by Bob Vendarra
  • Upvote 1

I think the alliance wars (if they are still going on) should be finished before anyone votes on this. Let's face it; if Mike hadn't found out what was really going on, Vendetta takes it by a landslide, now it's an open field imo

For the first part I completely agree. After that err... no. We (The FinnFighters) obliterated the cheating Vendetta 4 wins to 1. We were in the lead before and we are in the lead after that round so let's face this instead: you are a bit off there matey. :yes:

For the first part I completely agree. After that err... no. We (The FinnFighters) obliterated the cheating Vendetta 4 wins to 1. We were in the lead before and we are in the lead after that round so let's face this instead: you are a bit off there matey. :yes:

Yeah I didn't mean that as an insult to you guys; well done on alliance wars. All i'm saying is IF we didn't know about the cheating; then Wolf was ranked no.1 manager. Aaron at no.2; then G-wad and Ryan also in the top 10 somewhere, it would have been hard to make a case against Vendetta

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I didn't mean that as an insult to you guys; well done on alliance wars. All i'm saying is IF we didn't know about the cheating; then Wolf was ranked no.1 manager. Aaron at no.2; then G-wad and Ryan also in the top 10 somewhere, it would have been hard to make a case against Vendetta

This is alliance of the year, not best managers of alliance of the year.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7th circle should at least be nominated :)

Shiftas nominated us already. :)

To be honest, if the two highest ranked Vendetta managers hadn't been caught cheating, they would have easily won the award.

The alliance I am in has made huge progress this year and has become an elite alliance. We have won division one two times already since getting there in September, and have been rivalling for the number one spot every other month as well.

I am biased, I know, but the numbers speak for themselves. We achieved something not many of us expected already to happen. My alliance buddies have really been kicking ass!! If we win this or not, we have had a splendid year as an alliance and surprised many!

• Upvote 2

Then what are your criteria to judge the alliance of the year - genuinely curious.

I honestly dont know who I'll vote for.

Alliance tournament achievements

Alliance vs alliance events

Consistent division 1 placement

A very good winning record

# of champions

Quality of companies

General opinion against alliance (for example if someone got caught multi accounting everyone will look shady and so on)

I'm not saying vendetta won't be on there it might even win, but saying that it would win this easily is just wrong.

• Upvote 2

The criteria you mentioned though is not the best indicator because:

Alliance tournament achievements / Alliance vs alliance events = I know that a lot of the alliances did not even send their better managers, some sent noobs. Also is a late creation or new creation tournament an indicator what alliance is the best? I do not think so.

Consistent division 1 placement = A VERY poor criteria because that pyramid system is geared towards small micro groups which run have high hyped fights. The opposition hype is a massive factor. a 4 man group can easily beat a 20 man group, even if their winning % is better, simply due to that single factor.

A very good winning record = This can be a good indicator, however, the winning % does not show the results for the past year. So if your alliance had a 2-3 year history and this year you performed exceptionally, it wont show up in the winning %, so you cannot really know if that particular alliance is "on form" and deserves this award.

# of champions = This can be a pretty good indicator, nobody ever looks at this though.

Quality of companies = Same as the above.

What is funny though is that you avoided the criteria i mentioned (total managers in the top 10, top 100/200), which is probably the deciding factor and most easy to judge. You can simply list that as a specific criteria everyone can see (in other words Alliance A = 10/20/45, Alliance B = 5/33/55).

If i was to create realistic criteria, the things which would matter are. Total managers in top 10,100 and 200. Total champs, Total champs in PPV level orgs, total Companies ranked in top 20. I would add things like Alliance Division 1 / tournament winners as "flavor" to their argument.

The bottom line is that end of the day, people vote for their friends and never will vote for their rivals. It is totally irrelevant who is the actual "best" because this is a popularity competition.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Alliance tournament achievements

Alliance vs alliance events

Consistent division 1 placement

A very good winning record

# of champions

Quality of companies

General opinion against alliance (for example if someone got caught multi accounting everyone will look shady and so on)

I'm not saying vendetta won't be on there it might even win, but saying that it would win this easily is just wrong.

Fair enough. I personally look at the quality of the managers and their achievements over the year.

Might actually give it to LOD this year.

• Upvote 3

Lets have a look

37 of the top 200

17 of the top 100

3 of the top 10

5 of the past 6 HOF Manager inductions existing or former members of that same alliance

That is a strong case for which is the best alliance, facts are always the strongest case.

Well that's easy when you have 1000 managers in your alliance

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2