(Nominations) Manager Of The Year 2016

GBK16

• 2 weeks later...

As far as i know that was not the case, David worked in Kenny's company, that was the only association.

What about his association with the managers who ran MFL, KFC and a gym which I can no longer look up. Almost every single member who was involved is now banned or no longer active ... except Brent, of course.

Not even a little fishy? I'd think you might know as he's LOD's prized possession. Not to mention your own history of doing similar things

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I have no idea why you are trying to change this topic towards me, i am not even being nominated here, unless you just want to pick up a fight on shit which happened a few years ago, then please start a new topic named "A closer look at the Mentor case".

As i said, Brent worked in Kenny's company KFC, i am not sure what you mean about a gym. Kenny was not banned either, he went inactive, although he did have at least one multi which was banned, even so, this was about a year ago. Brent was never banned, warned or anything else, so i am not sure what you are implying here. This is the award for "best manager of the year" not "most honest manager of the year" or "the best manager that never worked for Kenny Powers award" so move along young man.

• Downvote 2

I have no idea why you are trying to change this topic towards me, i am not even being nominated here, unless you just want to pick up a fight on shit which happened a few years ago, then please start a new topic named "A closer look at the Mentor case".

As i said, Brent worked in Kenny's company KFC, i am not sure what you mean about a gym. Kenny was not banned either, he went inactive, although he did have at least one multi which was banned, even so, this was about a year ago. Brent was never banned, warned or anything else, so i am not sure what you are implying here. This is the award for "best manager of the year" not "most honest manager of the year" or "the best manager that never worked for Kenny Powers award" so move along young man.

Interesting response.

You got involved when you defended one of your alliance members but played dumb when I brought up some shit that a lot of people have talked about. David Brent has a reputation of having past multis. So do you. You run the alliance he is associated with. I dont need to do the math for you.

This is Best Manager of the Year. I can safely assume most people want to vote for managers who can win while being honest.

I spoke up to express my own opinion when I said, "I cant really vote for a guy who built his entire roster from suspicious means"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

David Brent has a reputation of having past multis.

I have no idea what you mean he has a reputation of having multiple accounts, he was never convicted of anything like this and i hear about this first time. Sure, he worked for someone which got banned, but that had nothing to do with him directly. Either way, even if he had a bad reputation (which he does not), he is still doing exceptionally well at even the highest levels. He made it to the HOF of this game and is one of the very few to achieve this in the past 2 years. Also, unlike a lot of managers which have achieved this, he actually fights at a high level, beating quality opponents, so he deserves this nomination.

You can of course nominate who you want and vote for whoever you want, i assume it wont be Brent :shades:

• Downvote 2

Not sure why the focus has shifted back to extremely circumstantial scenarios that lead some to believing whether David Brent has had multis before or not. I always believed he was a past manager before but for this award that is irrelevant as well(and not a crime anyway). Maybe he did maybe he didn't but that has nothing to do with Manager of the Year 2016.

Facts are:

David Brent has had one hell of a year. He's No. 2 in best competition rank right now and his win/loss ratio has been insane. He has steadily gained ranking through the whole year and is ending at no. 1. He's proven himself to not be the can crushing manager that he was stigma'd with last year in the Best New Manager conversation, he's legit.

He's done plenty enough to earn a nomination without a doubt. However win/loss ratio is not the only criteria that decides this award, otherwise he would win it.

Of course Whymer's going to have more losses, look at the orgs he fights in and how many big league fighters he has. It's much easier to win in ID orgs than it is to win in EVO, Syn, CEC etc. Whymer's been fighting in the big leagues most of the year and been doing amazing at it.

He has the P4P #1 and #3 fighters in the game right now and he has been in the top 10 probably longer than anyone in the game that wasn't a cheating asshat and been to No. 1 several times. Pretty sure he was one of those guys stuck at No. 3 for awhile with the likes of Madbob and others I am sure while Wolf and Aaron were cemented in the top 2 spots. Unlike Brent, he didn't just break through in the past couple months. He's been at the top or near the top this entire year.

I should know it's much harder to get multiple fighters to the top of the p4p ranks than to get yourself there, much less do both. David's had an amazing year, if Breakthrough Manager of the Year was an award(and it should, much more relevant than Breakthrough Fighter when it's like 4 years game time in 1 real year) than Brent would EASILY win it. But he's not fighting enough at the top levels of the game yet, no EVO/Syn/CEC titles or major wins to considered for this award for over someone like Whymer, Klatz, Knight, Grady. I full expect him to keep beast moding and be one of the top favorites for this award next award though.

• Upvote 1

Based upon rankings during the year, Whymer and Brent have been ranked about the same, i keep a record every month of our members and Whymer has a small edge there. Both managers have been in the top 10 for almost the whole year. I think just 2-3 months did one of them end up outside the top 10. Both managers have a very high competition rating, Whymer has a small advantage there. In terms of quality fighters though, Whymer is way above anyone, he has consistently had 4-5 of the best 10 fighters in our alliance and i have also compared him to some of the other managers, it is not even close. Brent has a 3-0 record over Whymer in high profile fights this year and that is no joke, show me someone which has a 3-0 or similar record against Whymer this year.

My view is that Whymer is still the man to beat, but the gap is way smaller than some people think.

Not sure why the focus has shifted back to extremely circumstantial scenarios that lead some to believing whether David Brent has had multis before or not. I always believed he was a past manager before but for this award that is irrelevant as well(and not a crime anyway). Maybe he did maybe he didn't but that has nothing to do with Manager of the Year 2016.

Facts are:

David Brent has had one hell of a year. He's No. 2 in best competition rank right now and his win/loss ratio has been insane. He has steadily gained ranking through the whole year and is ending at no. 1. He's proven himself to not be the can crushing manager that he was stigma'd with last year in the Best New Manager conversation, he's legit.

He's done plenty enough to earn a nomination without a doubt. However win/loss ratio is not the only criteria that decides this award, otherwise he would win it.

Of course Whymer's going to have more losses, look at the orgs he fights in and how many big league fighters he has. It's much easier to win in ID orgs than it is to win in EVO, Syn, CEC etc. Whymer's been fighting in the big leagues most of the year and been doing amazing at it.

He has the P4P #1 and #3 fighters in the game right now and he has been in the top 10 probably longer than anyone in the game that wasn't a cheating asshat and been to No. 1 several times. Pretty sure he was one of those guys stuck at No. 3 for awhile with the likes of Madbob and others I am sure while Wolf and Aaron were cemented in the top 2 spots. Unlike Brent, he didn't just break through in the past couple months. He's been at the top or near the top this entire year.

I should know it's much harder to get multiple fighters to the top of the p4p ranks than to get yourself there, much less do both. David's had an amazing year, if Breakthrough Manager of the Year was an award(and it should, much more relevant than Breakthrough Fighter when it's like 4 years game time in 1 real year) than Brent would EASILY win it. But he's not fighting enough at the top levels of the game yet, no EVO/Syn/CEC titles or major wins to considered for this award for over someone like Whymer, Klatz, Knight, Grady. I full expect him to keep beast moding and be one of the top favorites for this award next award though.

This is spot on!

Who ever won the most vs top tier guys gets my vote. Who ever that may be.

Pure speculation on my part but that would be Klatz or Whymer I imagine.

• Upvote 1

In the past years this award was a slam dunk for Lance, Bowser and Dino in their respective years. This year was supposed to be Wolf's but since he was a cheating fucker, this award is vacant.

Each of the nominees have its own strong points but overall, everyone pretty much had an equal performace throughout the year. I don't think anyone deserves this award more than the other.

In the past years this award was a slam dunk for Lance, Bowser and Dino in their respective years. This year was supposed to be Wolf's but since he was a cheating fucker, this award is vacant.

Each of the nominees have its own strong points but overall, everyone pretty much had an equal performace throughout the year. I don't think anyone deserves this award more than the other.

You are like the ideal son-in-law ; good at everything, but humble at the same time.