Do we cut fighters to early?

A lot of the top mangers cut guys around 37 mark or have been told that they are on the decline. Im just wondering do people have a limit? Also do fighters drop so fast you can not retrain them?

Seia is 40 and is the EVO champ and one of the best in the world.

Just wanted to see what people think.

Every fighter is different and they start declining at diferrent ages. I've had a fighter that started declining 36 but it wasn't that bad, he really started to lose it at about 39-40. I now have another one that is 37 and he is declining like crazy and I will sack him once i complete the contract. All in all, you just have to feel when it's too hard to keep training him

Apparently slow learners also decline slower, so you can get them fighting way later in their career, where as a fast learner can start to decline in their 20s. HW/SHW fighters tend to generally have shorter careers due to their chins being tested. Some managers release way too early though, declining does not mean a fighter is finished, if their total points count is still high, they can compete in an Elite org for months still. I would say that once your points drop under 2400 it will be tough to compete in a top level org and be highly competitive, although there could be some special cases. SHW/HW fighters in particular with great KO power and chins can still fight at a high level, even with low points, so it could make sense moving up the weight classes if your points count is dwindling but your hiddens are good.

• Upvote 2

I had my 43 year old Simba Burns Jr win two Titles at the same time in one of the top orgs in the world CEC a couple months back.

It's all hiddens and gameplanning until their stats are too low.

That seems to be the case, in the past people would release a fighter early when they started to decline, i think it all comes down to how low they have declined.

I have a fighter, a 25 year old creation who is super old by now and started declining a long time ago like last year or something like that. With elite training facilities I was able to keep him competitive this whole time even though his skills were declining for so long. He may not have been in an elite org but I can say most of his competition had way more skill points than him for most of his career and he still kicked their ass because he had great hiddens.

I have a fighter, a 25 year old creation who is super old by now and started declining a long time ago like last year or something like that. With elite training facilities I was able to keep him competitive this whole time even though his skills were declining for so long. He may not have been in an elite org but I can say most of his competition had way more skill points than him for most of his career and he still kicked their ass because he had great hiddens.

sounds like a great manger lol