Clinchwork

Question for the forum, is anyone finding clinchwork fighting as pretty poorly set up?

I have a guy I built for fighting in the clinch and he completely pounded a guy for 2 minutes straight and most of the first round and it seems that he does no damage but the other guy lands a boxing combo the next round and my guy gets knocked out cold.

My guy landed 11 punches and 5 knees unanswered in a 2 minute timeframe. They varied from the head to the body. It seemed to have done nothing but win the scorecard. There should have been more damage done than there was. Just frustrating.

very few excellant clinchers dominate in the clinch, it's basically a big scramble. Out of 50 or so fights I've had, win or lose, only one ever ended by strikes inside the clinch.

But really, look at Hendo, Couture, Lindland, Karo, Aoki, Anderson (who only really dominated 2 fights with the thai clinch ever), those guys don't finish you from a clinch, they control and grind you down (exception of the thai clinch, which damages but has shitty control for the most part). And look at how much damage and time was spent in the clinch during Frye Takayama before Takayama actually got knocked out.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the clinch in the game. I've finished two fights that way and set up another using it (the opponent got rocked before the clinch was broken). Your opponent just had more power.

Rampage got straight murdered in the clinch a few times as did Franklin.

I think clinching less effective than striking from the outside, but I don't think it has to be changed. Also you have to be good in a lot more things to be good in the clinch than when you just strike from the outside.

The game doesn't need to be changed, just adapt your tactics. If you think clinching is not effective, avoid it.

My clinch fighters seemed to suck until I trained their strength up. Then I got a KO via clinch. And it wasn't even my clinch fighter (decent clinch skill but mostly a headkicker).

Isn't strenght propably the most important single attribute in clinching? I thought wiki said something like that. So pump up the strenght and I bet you will receive some rgood results. Also, if your guy has a glass jaw thats another thing then...

Does anybody know if the accuracy/damage slider also applies to the clinch?

My muay thai fighter typically wails on a guy for 12/15 minutes in the clinch, landing 50% of shots but his accuracy/damage slider is more towards accuracy since his punches and kicks aren't amazing.

I've noticed that lots of the shots are "blocked by crossed arms". Seems to me that if you blocked 30 knees with your arms you might break em. Same goes for kicks really if you straight up block a head kick with your arm... well there's a good chance it'll be broken.

very few excellant clinchers dominate in the clinch, it's basically a big scramble. Out of 50 or so fights I've had, win or lose, only one ever ended by strikes inside the clinch.

But really, look at Hendo, Couture, Lindland, Karo, Aoki, Anderson (who only really dominated 2 fights with the thai clinch ever), those guys don't finish you from a clinch, they control and grind you down (exception of the thai clinch, which damages but has shitty control for the most part). And look at how much damage and time was spent in the clinch during Frye Takayama before Takayama actually got knocked out.

Now you can't forget about the Anderson silva vs. Rich franklin fight....

I've also had quite a few fights where my clinchgame landed a lot but didn't do anything and didn't give me much decisionpoints.

even though the fightcommentary said something like "Dorrestijn unloads a knee to the mid-section. shanks lets out a prehistoric sounding urrrrgh." a lot

I had a fight where my guy kept it in the clinch the whole first round landing a total of 64 Head shots (21 of them knees) and 13 body shots just to get taken down early in the second and submitted.

I had a fight where my guy kept it in the clinch the whole first round landing a total of 64 Head shots (21 of them knees) and 13 body shots just to get taken down early in the second and submitted.

I had a similar experience very recently.

My "strong" Muay Thai guy who has well developed MT skills pounded a guy to dust for the whole first round in the clinch. The man was rocked, cut, etc.

Second round, he gets tapped out a few seconds in.

His strength isn't all that tremendous, but I'd love to know if people think MT is a waste [i kind of get that impression].