Free agents from inactive managers

MMATycoon

Release to FA list or just retire them?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Release to FA list or just retire them?

• Add to free agent list
    • Retire them straight away

OK, I've got a question / poll.

We're going to start deleting the inactive managers, so what do you guys want to happen to their fighters? Release to free agent list or just make them retire straight away?

In general, there would be a fair few at first but after the first lot it would just be a few decent ones here and there each day. I dunno... I'm not massively bothered either way but it might make the free agent list actually have a point, because at the moment it's kind of just a reject list.

I think there are enough free agents already and most people like to create their own fighters anyway. As mentioned these free agents take up valuable space in the database.

Is there a way to just retire anyone with a losing record and everyone who has a 500 record or above becomes a Free Agent? The last time there was a flood of FA's i had a fighter who was 2-0 not get picked up. So more than likey someone 1-2 will not be needed. But there are a lot of good fighters that myself and other orgs have invested a lot of resources in as well as there being good fighters that shouldnt go to waste.

I think they should definitely go into Free Agency. Again, from an organization owners stand-point. It gives us a chance to keep some good fighters going.

meh, i don't bother with free agency since i'd rather have creative control over my fighters (hell, that's half the fun, right?). that said, i see no reason not to add them to free agency. i'm guessing it won't affect org owners either way, since the fighters that we're talking about have probably been inactive for like 60 days (at least) so they probably aren't in an org any more anyway.

on that note; mike, how long will these fighters have been inactive?

i voted for FA b/c as an org owner it would suck to lose even more people after multi-gate. also, if no one picks them up they will be retired and get deleted anyways so i don't see the harm in giving people a chance to pick them up.

hey mike, have you ever considered deleting all of the retired fighters? aren't there a lot of them just taking up database space?

i voted for FA b/c as an org owner it would suck to lose even more people after multi-gate. also, if no one picks them up they will be retired and get deleted anyways so i don't see the harm in giving people a chance to pick them up.

hey mike, have you ever considered deleting all of the retired fighters? aren't there a lot of them just taking up database space?

Put them all in FA. There are good fighters with bad records, picking out the ones under 500 is stupid; during the last go around there were black belts that were 0-1.

i've chosen add to the fa-list. But there should be a selection of which fighters need to be added to the fa-list. its obvious that a 1-2 guy will not get picked, while a 3-0 guy gets a decent chance of finding a new manager!!

It is better to retire them. People will create new fighters and may become customer of new businesses. Like low budget nutritions and low budget gyms.

The economy will be healthier with new fighters. Even if orgs take a small hit. The nutrition and gyms will grow healthier. It gives new companies more customers

Well on that front, they'd just get deleted anyway if nobody picked them up. It actually is more efficient database wise if people pick up the free agents, because we have to keep at least their basic info for their profile page, after they retire.

i think it would be great in general if a manager could decide to relese a fighter to the free agents or to retire him.

For example: a manager (me :)) made a fighter and made a mistake on his name. I created him without taking care of his skills and released him to recreate his brother with the right name. Fighter nr1 would be a good example for a direct retire button-click.

(maybe a little restriction: you cant directly retire fighters with a possitive record)

On topic itself: like some people mentioned allready, i think its a good idea to have a selection who should retire and who should be a free agent. Nobody will ever pick a 0-3 fighter, so they are just some trash-bytes on the server until they retire.

I dont know if this would be hard to implement. All in all i'd say the direct retire button is not a must have, but it would be nice to have. :D

I guess it would help Mike if they just got deleted so I voted so. Obviously it would be nice though if there could be some kind of timelimit set or if the fighter is contracted he should go FA imo.

I don't believe there is too many great or even good fighters in that inactive list becouse thats just prolly the main reason why ppl quit or lose their intereset in playing this game.