Mayweather Vs McGregor

Caleb613

It was a good show .. nice circus..not the best ..but above average
all the wwe type press conferences ... hyping it up
Went right on plan with the script ( though I admit that I was wrong..I thought they would go all aggressive with the script and let mcgregor actually win ) Nonetheless, good story-line ... lots of money and hyping up the ufc's poster-boy mcgregor..
Dana got the brains, have to respect that :)

1.Floyd doing literally nothing for the first 3-4 rounds ..so that mcgregor looked really impressive with his jabs and switching stances ... Floyd being a boxer threw virtually no jabs in those rounds ...was not using his footwork at all

2.capping the fight with a good exclamation point to talk about for months .. arguing that what if the referee didn't stop the fight that soon, might mcgregor come back and land his so called 'left hand'? was the stoppage too soon ?
That's some pretty good, Dan Brown good thriller story-line writing ..impressive

3.now mcgregor will flap his mouth on and on saying it was an early stoppage and how he was feeling alright, in fact great taking those punches and how they weren't hurting him and how he would have 'played football with Floyd's head' unless for that early stoppage ...

4. Dana will make press conferences for months to come, just to brag how proud he is of mcgregor ( I think there's more to Dana, mcgregor relationship than boss and employee ...something seriously more looking at how he keeps giving opportunity after opportunity to mcgregor, while discarding all the other real talent on the UFC roster , other may be with the exception of rousey, Paige and Sage ) and all the commentators including Rogan won't be able to stop themselves from talking about how great mcgregor looked against Floyd, and how mcgregor went toe to toe with Floyd for 10 rounds and how even Floyd couldn't finish mcgregor off until for 10 rounds contributing to the hype ( even when he is commentating on other matches, which will have nothing to do with mcgregor )

5. if they go more tight with the storyline, they would make a rematch ( though floyd did say that it was his last bout ... they can make the story better by saying how mcgregor made Floyd come back to the ring again ) and let mcgregor win the rematch
or

they would go for the other option ..heat up the rivalry and hype between mcgregor and Paulie Malignaggi and let mcgregor get a victory over Paulie

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Went right on plan with the script ( though I admit that I was wrong..I thought they would go all aggressive with the script and let mcgregor actually win ) Nonetheless, good story-line ... lots of money and hyping up the ufc's poster-boy mcgregor..

1.Floyd doing literally nothing for the first 3-4 rounds ..so that mcgregor looked really impressive with his jabs and switching stances ... Floyd being a boxer threw virtually no jabs in those rounds ...was not using his footwork at all

2.capping the fight with a good exclamation point to talk about for months .. arguing that what if the referee didn't stop the fight that soon, might mcgregor come back and land his so called 'left hand'? was the stoppage too soon ?

That's some pretty good, Dan Brown good thriller story-line writing ..impressive

3.now mcgregor will flap his mouth on and on saying it was an early stoppage and how he was feeling alright, in fact great taking those punches and how they weren't hurting him and how he would have 'played football with Floyd's head' unless for that early stoppage ...

4. Dana will make press conferences for months to come, just to brag how proud he is of mcgregor ( I think there's more to Dana, mcgregor relationship than boss and employee ...something seriously more looking at how he keeps giving opportunity after opportunity to mcgregor, while discarding all the other real talent on the UFC roster , other may be with the exception of rousey, Paige and Sage ) and all the commentators including Rogan won't be able to stop themselves from talking about how great mcgregor looked against Floyd, and how mcgregor went toe to toe with Floyd for 10 rounds and how even Floyd couldn't finish mcgregor off until for 10 rounds contributing to the hype ( even when he is commentating on other matches, which will have nothing to do with mcgregor )

5. if they go more tight with the storyline, they would make a rematch ( though floyd did say that it was his last bout ... they can make the story better by saying how mcgregor made Floyd come back to the ring again ) and let mcgregor win the rematch

or

they would go for the other option ..heat up the rivalry and hype between mcgregor and Paulie Malignaggi and let mcgregor get a victory over Paulie

Totally agree! But I am baffled how many people actually resonate with this catered narrative of McGregor being a "winner in defeat". That is what this entire ordeal was about! One golden boy leaves. Rubs up the luster on the one that is bound to stay. Business 101! McGregor's boxing was every bit as crude as your would expect it to be. Is anybody in his right mind mind believing, that McGregor was a threat to Mayweather? Now you have people talking about McGregor seeming powerless because of "the gloves". What nonsense!
As a pro boxer, McGregor has hardly any power at all. That was in full display and it wasn't because he gassed. There was little to his strikes straight out of the gate. His stance is either too wide or too narrow, most of the time. He has his hands far too low, he has to adjust all the freaking time, is very slow while doing it and so much of the shit he throws is overly stylized. Slow, winged punches that any novice level pro boxer with a winning record would decapitate him for. In a heart beat.
Yet, the fight was exactly the fight it needed to be. Win-win. Does anybody believe that the UFC would have allowed not only one of it's fighters, but it's undisputed golden lamb to walk straight into inevitable embarrassment under the eyes of millions?
  • Upvote 2

McGregor is very though and can get a beating. He just lost because he got exhausted. He lacked experience and got tired after the 5th round. I think the ref shouldn't have stopped the fight as conor could stand the beating and might had survived the round.

Floyd was getting more and more aggressive after the 3rd round. All in all he clearly outclassed conor but conor fought great for me, at least better than expected. So I don't think Floyd could get conor even if he went all in, and cmon the stoppage was bad, even in mma they let u take a beating. but conor didn't stood a chance against the boxing goat

• Downvote 1

People still believe it was anything other than an exhibition aimed at raking in the dough? Measuring their skill and finding out the better fighter was never the goal of those who put it together, it was just marketed as such.

I think Mayweather would have embarrassed Mcgregor badly if he wanted to.

• Upvote 4

As for the people screaming fix because floyd was passive early: have you ever seen floyd mayweather fight before

Pretty much everyone I talked to kept going on about how McGregor was dominating and would have won if he didn't gas. Bare in mind, these are all Irish fans who don't really follow Boxing or MMA all that much, just watching cos of McGregor, but they seemed adamant about what they thought and blanked any notion that it was Mayweather's strategy the entire time.

As for the people screaming fix because floyd was passive early: have you ever seen floyd mayweather fight before

Floyd freaking sought to bet 400k on himself to win it in 9.5 rounds ...... and that's what he did. Go figure. I personally find it impossible to overlook how utterly crude McGregor is as a boxer. He is not even pro entry level! And that is not an overstatement. His power and accuracy didn't bleed into boxing at all. Mayweather, otherwise one of the most defenisvely cautios fighters around, walked happily into McGregor's range and strikes. The complete disregard he had for his hands was obvious. And Mayweather was not just "passive" in the beginning. He didn't do a damn thing! How many minutes did it take him to land even six punches? Give me a break! One of the best ever takes three rounds to figure out a talentless novice?

Bottom line is: Mayweather sat in the driver seat and could even afford to take a snooze in there. The fact that he sought to place a pin point bet on when he would win ...... and then did happen to win in that exact time frame ...... jeez. That is not just a win. That is demonstration of unabashed superiority. He could have ended it whenever he damn pleased. That was not just a fix. It was a favor.

• Upvote 1

I dont think a lot of the people who thought mcgregor had a chance have ever seen a boxing match much less watch Floyd fight. I think most of these guys were fairly new to mma as well. They are marks who got caught up in the mcgregor hype and are trying to not feel so foolish in the aftermath.

or

Gotta agree with this, the whole thing felt very scripted and the fight played out like a perfect story to not destroy conor but actually give him some credibility. Mannetosen is right though, floyd always starts off slow and ends slow but in this fight it was more than that. Looking at the compubox numbers for the fight floyd threw 9 total jabs in the first 4 rounds, that's just insane and has never happened in a mayweather fight. Mayweather was doing basically nothing imo in an effort to make Conor look better. Conor was no threat to him ever and he knew that.

• Upvote 1

Gotta agree with this, the whole thing felt very scripted and the fight played out like a perfect story to not destroy conor but actually give him some credibility. Mannetosen is right though, floyd always starts off slow and ends slow but in this fight it was more than that. Looking at the compubox numbers for the fight floyd threw 9 total jabs in the first 4 rounds, that's just insane and has never happened in a mayweather fight. Mayweather was doing basically nothing imo in an effort to make Conor look better. Conor was no threat to him ever and he knew that.

Exactly ...

I mean being a boxer jab is one of the main weapons and an aurate, point fighter like Mayweather always uses his jabs.

Mannetosen's argument is alright, but anyone who watched Mayweather fight before knows how he uses his footwork. This whole fight he had no good footwork whatsoever..came right at mcgregor, heads down and like an amateur for 4-5 rounds and wasn't doing literally anything at all.

and due tot that mcgregor looked really impressive landing a couple of jabs, an uppercut and a few 'ooh' and 'Aaah' from the crowd straights

honestly, if Floyd did nothing like that and came forward with heads down, no footwork, not punching, a beginner with like 1 year good boxing training experience could have landed some jabs and straights as well

• Upvote 1

I think McGregor could of won early in the ninth if the ref didn't step in and save Money. Conor did nothing wrong but was pulled off anyway. Everything was rigged from the ref all the way to the judges. Any time Conor did anything remotely close to being wrong he got pulled off while money got to do whatever he wanted (turning his back) it was just a shame how things went down.

• Downvote 1

I think McGregor could of won early in the ninth if the ref didn't step in and save Money. Conor did nothing wrong but was pulled off anyway. Everything was rigged from the ref all the way to the judges. Any time Conor did anything remotely close to being wrong he got pulled off while money got to do whatever he wanted (turning his back) it was just a shame how things went down.

conor hit him low -- it was a legit low blow the reason for stepping in but floyd said he was ok and took no time -- and the ref let conor do way more wrong, conor hammerfisted floyd in the back of the head several times and only got warned -- plus so many rabbit shots to the back of the head -- on him turning his back was cause conor would clinch him up from the side holding him landing those rabbit punches and kidney shots

Exactly ...

I mean being a boxer jab is one of the main weapons and an aurate, point fighter like Mayweather always uses his jabs.

Mannetosen's argument is alright, but anyone who watched Mayweather fight before knows how he uses his footwork. This whole fight he had no good footwork whatsoever..came right at mcgregor, heads down and like an amateur for 4-5 rounds and wasn't doing literally anything at all.

and due tot that mcgregor looked really impressive landing a couple of jabs, an uppercut and a few 'ooh' and 'Aaah' from the crowd straights

honestly, if Floyd did nothing like that and came forward with heads down, no footwork, not punching, a beginner with like 1 year good boxing training experience could have landed some jabs and straights as well

That's exactly why I said he looked old and his legs looked shot. It's not like he stopped doing this when he started beating Conor's ass.

People still believe it was anything other than an exhibition aimed at raking in the dough? Measuring their skill and finding out the better fighter was never the goal of those who put it together, it was just marketed as such.

I think Mayweather would have embarrassed Mcgregor badly if he wanted to.

agree!

the first rounds of floyd vs berto or floyd vs maidana was "other floyd"

he came for an exibition match, he just push the pace...

go to the ropes and wait and put the hands up and walk to your opponent is not a fight

• Upvote 1

40 yrs old and hasnt trained or fought in over 2 yrs -- cant beat father time he always wins

Not trained in 2yrs?? Get real, if you think he hasn't trained in 2yrs I have a big fucking can of whoop ass I'll sell you. You should seriously consider buying that can of whoop ass, you gonna need it with BS believes like that.