http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14462156512145.gif

"Big" Jezza Kyle

Host

Colour Code

Black = Jezza Kyle (Host)

Green = Reporters

Red = Shogun Iron Tyson

Blue = Davie Brophy

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the first ever TWW News Press Conference. We will be hosting one of these whenever we have the time to do so, and whenever we feel a fight warrants it.

Our press conference circles around a fight taking place in the historical Ascension organisation owned and operated by Johnny Lee (Paris), better known as JLP. We regret to inform you that he is not present today, something about … well … something.

Anywhoooooooooooooooo

On Saturday the 8th July, we have an absolute slobber knocker (™) of a main event. The grizzled veteran vs the young upstart. The reigning champion vs the rising challenger who already dethroned him once before.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are of course talking about “The Ferocious Fighter” Shogun Iron Tyson versus “Mini Braveheart” Davie Brophy!

We have gathered the fighters here to take part in a joint Q+A session, and they have agreed to keep things verbal and not physical, although you can never guarantee that to happen.

So without further ado, I would like to introduce the challenger, former Generation Featherweight champion and former Ascension Featherweight champion, DAVIE BROPHY!!!

*Pantera’s Walk comes over the PA system as Davie walks out to the stage and takes his seat. He received a relatively lively pop from the crowd as he walked onto the stage*

And now allow me to introduce the reigning champion. He is a former UNFC champion, and now in his third reign as the Ascension champion. Give it up, for SHOGUN IRON TYSON!!!

*Shogun walks onto the stage, accompanied by Slaughterhouse’s Party. The crowd erupts into applause for the Ascension champion and legend. He takes a moment to soak in the applause from the crowd, before thanking them and taking his seat*

Well, with that response, I suppose we will open up the floor to questions now.

R: Shogun, you sit here as one of the modern greats in Ascension. 13 fights in the org, 10 of those being title fights. How do you feel about your time at Ascension so far?

SIT: Ascension has been good to me, I'm 9-3-1 overall in the org, with 7 Knockouts. I believe I'm the best 145'er to ever fight in Ascension. I will continue to win in life and in the cage no matter what.

R: You've gained a reputation as a fantastic volume striker, do you feel that is the primary part of your style or do you feel the other parts of your game are underappreciated?

SIT: I don't consider myself a volume striker really, I just adapt my gameplan very well against all of my opponents. I know I have the power to knock anyone out, and I know no one in the world can knock me out, it's never happened and it won't. These guys don't really beat me when they get the judges scorecards. I'm out there trying to kill these dudes and they are running trying to survive. I hate judges so I try to always knock my opponent out.

R: Davie, many thought you weren’t ready to take on the more established names in the Featherweight division when you signed to Ascension following the closure of Generation. How do you feel now that you have somewhat silenced those critics?

DB: Generation were good to me. They gave me good opponents, and I never had an issue with any of the decisions they made. When they folded, it made no sense to me to go to another ID org where I could just pad my record. I’d rather face actual competition so I decided to take a chance in my own abilities and sign to Ascension. I’d say I’ve been right to take that chance.

R: How do you feel Ascension compares with the other big orgs in the world?

DB: I feel like Ascension is an org that you get taken care of wherever you are in the rankings. Like I know some lads who were at a big org before but they weren’t top ranked guys and they got ignored constantly until their inactivity was about to hit and they would be offered some shit short notice fight. I don’t really care for that, so it’s good to see some orgs around that are consistently good at all ends of the divisions.

R: Shogun, you've written the latest chapter in your fantastic rivalry with Ichabod Crane, with you now holding a 3-2 record over him. Do you feel we have seen the last of you two fighting it out in the cage?

SIT: Yeah, I have 3 KO victories over Crane but I can say I would fight him again. He is a man I respect, he comes forward and comes to fight every time, he doesn't run and doesn't hide. I'm sure we will meet up again down the road if he wins a few fights. Difference now is I know exactly how to beat him 100% of the time, so I'm sure his manager will have to think twice before accepting that fight again if it does he table.

R: Davie caused what many consider to be a major upset back in March when he defeated you over 5 rounds for the title. What was it in that fight that put you off your own game?

SIT: Brophy is a great opponent but I feel he isn't on my skill level. The first fight with him I really don't know what happened, I fought very emotional that night and that was my downfall. In the second fight, I wanted to knock him out but was satisfied with my performance none the less. He's a good young fighter, he has potential to be a legend, but right now is my time. I expect this fight to be different, I have a different gameplan and I'm sure he does, it should be fun to go put him to sleep.

R: Well Davie, having just heard that, do you feel like you are once again being underestimated?

DB: I do but end of the day people underestimate me and people underestimate my manager regularly. This is a 5 round fight. Last time we had a 5 round fight, I dominated him. I’ll admit, I never got going in the fight, but if that fight was 5 rounds, he would have been put to sleep. He was hanging out of the cage tired, I was still ready to go for another 2 rounds.

R: People feel the Clinch was a deciding factor in the first fight, with Shogun attempting to use it to break you down but you turned the tables on him. The second fight, Shogun didn’t even try to clinch up. Do you feel this is an area where you can dominate the fight if given the chance to?

DB: The Clinch is one of my best assets sure, but I feel I have the ability to win this fight wherever it goes. If it ends up there, then I’ll make the best use of it that I can, but I ain’t going in there with any solitary plan in mind. Especially at this level of fight, you gotta keep focus on different aspects of the fight and adapt to them.

R: The rematch was a 3 round encounter. You went on to dominate that bout, and Davie just said he was never able to really get going in the encounter. Do you feel that was a better reflection of how you two fight, or do you expect this third fight to be a different encounter compared to the first two bouts?

SIT: The thing about my fights with Davie is that we didn’t know him in the first fight, while he had a whole lot of tape on us. Second fight you saw what happens when we know what the guy can do. This third fight is gonna be even more brutal than the first one for him, and his chin is gonna get cracked.

R: and for you Davie, how do you feel this fight compares to the previous two fights?

DB: Well he is saying that he is gonna knock me out. He’s getting old and withered. It’s there to be broken, and that’s my plan for this fight.

R: There is a lot of expectation from this bout. Not only is this a trilogy bout between yourself and Davie, but also sees your manager Bradley Burns, the current #1 ranked manager according to the latest rankings, facing off against Davie's manager Grant Brophy, the current #2 ranked manager in the latest rankings. First off, I want to ask your opinion of your own manager Bradley, and how do you feel about his management style?

SIT: Our camp has proven we are the best in the Tycoon world. We don't like to be cocky but being humble got us nowhere so here we are, been at the top for a few weeks straight now and we welcome all challengers. I know all my team mates are the best fighters in the world and I train with them on a daily basis. We are excited to face the #2 camp and challenge ourselves again.

R: And likewise, what do you make of Grant Brophy and his style of management?

SIT: Grant is a nice guy, and has great management skill, but we believe that if we can take out one of Karter's best guys twice in a row with a guy like Hopkins, we can feel confident going into this bout that I can absolutely smash Brophy no problem.

R: I’m gonna throw the same question over to you Davie. Your manager is currently in the #2 spot, and has been in the top 10 rankings ever since Christmas Eve, a phenomenal feat when you consider he was known more for his org work that his management skills. How do you feel his ability and planning has evolved in that time?

DB: Well we got told that we would be getting more of a focus around May of last year so we did. He figured he’d start improving his ability to set gameplans for us since he felt he neglected us for too long. He got taught about the game by guys like Shortfuse, Duphus and Dinooo. No specific sliders so to say, but more of an understanding for how they work and that helped him to think of them on his own. We’re really reaping the benefits now, and this for me is the ultimate test of how our team has come along. It’s the #1 manager vs the #2 manager, and arguably most consistent of the year so far. It’s a big fight feel, and this is the kind of fight that we should be having.

R: and your opinion on Bradley Burns?

DB: He’s a grand wee manager so he is. Been on a great run of form lately. He had a couple of those dodgy decisions go his way but sure, that’s just the fight game. 31-3-3 in his last 37 fights is a great run. I gotta admit, I was a bit gutted for him that he lost the Ekaku Jr vs Anderson fight, just cos 20 wins in a row would have been great for him to get but that’s just life really. It’s my job now to make sure he doesn’t start his winning run again on Saturday.

R: Finally, can we get a prediction for the fight on Saturday from you both?

SIT: My prediction is a late knockout for myself, we know his gameplan like I said earlier, he's gonna run, we are gonna relax and start slow and use these 5 rounds we have to score a KO. His chin is very good but after I hit him with some big shots around the middle of the fight, he will want out. He can pitter patter jab me all he wants, I'm going to catch him.

DB: He can think whatever he wants of how I am going to fight, but he’ll get a nasty surprise so he will. Round 5 TKO for myself, or else a Unanimous Decision. Either way, the fans are getting their money’s worth here.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen and we hope you enjoyed this special press conference. July 8th at the world famous Madison Garden Arena in New York, it’s Shogun Iron Tyson vs Davie Brophy for the ASCENSION Featherweight Championship!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1423508065asc-logo2h.png

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400283294481.jpg vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14121689204848.png

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20130727154002new-asc-beltb2.png

Event Link

• Upvote 6

Brophy by 4th round TKO.

Jokes jokes. 46 fights and Shogun's been finished once..... by submission. Never Lost by KO/TKO ever.. Brophy's only chance is another clinchfest decision, and I'm prepared for that. Respect to Grant but he knows he wants a decision, he is to smart to think he can KO Tyson with Davie.

Jokes jokes. 46 fights and Shogun's been finished once..... by submission. Never Lost by KO/TKO ever.. Brophy's only chance is another clinchfest decision, and I'm prepared for that. Respect to Grant but he knows he wants a decision, he is to smart to think he can KO Tyson with Davie.

Grant, don't play his games. Win this fight by decision and win me some money.

Everybody can be tko`d.

Congrats to Bradley on a well fought win. Looks like it's gonna be a tough task for anybody to overtake him in that #1 spot with the form he is in.

Davie is going to be considering his options as that was the last fight on his Ascension contract, but he will be back in the future rest assured.

Cash is being sent to the person with the prediction

• Upvote 1

Shogun Iron Tyson (230034)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400283294481.jpg

Shogun wins the Trilogy to retain his Title once again.

"Much respect to Grant and Davie Brophy. I did all I could to knock him out, I used a different gameplan and we predicted his gameplan to try and score a KO but he is tough man, my hands hurt. He hit me with some good leg kicks and body shots and in the fifth round I was tired. It wasn't my greatest performance but my manager has my spirits up as we just beat the Second best manager in the game. I do feel I dominated the first four rounds with power shots so I can be happy with that performance even though I live for the KO. Much respect to all. Don't pick against me people.."

• Upvote 3