SFC Smack Talk

Boble

SyFi 42 Preview

265 lbs. #2 Bill Shorton vs Tommy Tank

The main event features a knockout artist, Shorton, facing off against an experienced grappler, Tank. With both having only lost once and winning a handful of times, this fight will be technical and possibly rough for both of these guys. Fingers crossed.

Prediction - Shorton via TKO Rd 2

265 lbs. #5 Mark Borrego vs #6 Yoshihiro Nakayama

Borrego is a remarkable boxer and wrestler, but lacks in what Nakayama has. Nakayama has a belt advantage in Jiu Jitsu, so he could possibly be looking for a submission victory. Whatever the outcome, you won't want to miss it.

Prediction - Borrego via TKO Rd 1

155 lbs. Chief Eyes vs #9 Max Luther

Somebody is getting TKO'ed! Eyes is no stranger to wrestlers, and Luther is no stranger to strikers, being one himself. Coming off a loss to a difficult opponent, can Luther shake the still very fresh feeling and turn this fight around on Eyes? Tune in.

Prediction - Eyes via TKO Rd 2

265 lbs. #8 Rosario Fusco vs Cain Diaz

Who did Diaz mess with to get this matchup? Fusco is a straight killer who has knocked out tougher opponents. Diaz tends to strike in his fights as well. That bullseye on Diaz's head looks like it fits Fusco's power hand. Good luck.

Prediction - Fusco via KO Rd 1

135 lbs. #3 Glass Joe vs #5 Chief Waters

Joe is coming off a championship loss, and Waters, a KO of the Night victory. On paper, Joe outmatches Waters slightly, but in this game, it's more than just skill that defines the winner.

Prediction - Joe via TKO Rd 2

155 lbs. Arnar Agnarsson vs Bob Madden

Madden will be the first black belt to face off against Agnarsson, a man who was submitted in his first fight. Bet he's hoping he never has to taste that again.

Prediction - Agnarsson via TKO Rd 2

135 lbs. #9 Billy Bobkins vs Canelo Lopez

Bobkins has the advantage in this bout, and will surely be looking to add a fourth KO to his record. Lopez hasn't lost, yet.

Prediction - Bobkins via KO Rd 1

155 lbs. Jorginho Marcelo vs Logan Reid

Both of these men need a win on their record. Marcelo being a brown belt will be looking for the ground. Reid should look for that quick TKO before it ends up there.

Prediction - Marcelo via Submission Rd 1

265 lbs. Gard Aatrox vs Ivan Arago

Arago is coming off a 3 fight losing streak and will definitely need to take this fight seriously, against an aggressive striker like Aatrox. Aatrox needs this win after a fresh loss, as well.

Prediction - Aatrox via TKO Rd 2

205 lbs. Bann Harrow vs Kent Schoenfield

Harrow has a giant advantage in striking, with a slight lead in grappling. Schoenfield is really out of shape and needs more than luck for this one.

Prediction - Harrow via KO Rd 1

Written by Garret Baraken

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17w25.jpg

Glass Joe: It feels great to be back here in Sydney again, back in the octagon and back to winning. Everything happened exactly according to the gameplan I did with my coach for this fight. I'll stay in Sydney to watch the next event tomorrow. My money is on Kishimoto defending the title.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17w25.jpg

Glass Joe: It feels great to be back here in Sydney again, back in the octagon and back to winning. Everything happened exactly according to the gameplan I did with my coach for this fight. I'll stay in Sydney to watch the next event tomorrow. My money is on Kishimoto defending the title.

Daichi Kishimoto

"Your money is on the right man!"

• Upvote 1

Daichi Kishimoto

"Aaaaaand Stillll,I told you guys I would walk over him I guess this breaks the 135lbs not defending curse plus I get a nice paycheck.I guess I just have to say that was fun, but I am.not surprised I guess It was anti climactic since I know my skill was just too much.I am.not even hirt I am flying back to LA and straight to the gym no need for offtime since this was like beating a kid at sparring, but I know a fight that will test me.is sergei Geng I want the 145lbs title too please SFC give me a fight for the 145lbs title I am willing to defend every 2 weeks if I have to defend 2 titles but let us not get ahead I believe there are some strong guys at 145 but please!!"

#andstill

#TeamKishimoto

#blackbelt

#anotherdayanotherdollar

#AbuDhabiChamp

A weekend with two classy title defenses and some banging action comes to a close at SyFi, it ended on Sunday as it started Friday, with confusion, on Friday the Sydney Times was delivered without a Preview, which was delivered late but on time. On Sunday, thunderstorms hit the sunny city, and the card had to be delayed by 5 hours, so it was way past midnight in Aussie Land, when Mike Johnson retained his title.

Friday:

The big boys had the card in hand, with Bill Shorton making clear he wanted another crack at Champion Rick Piano, when he TKOed Tommy Tank, just minutes after Mark Borrego showed his class, and remains a Top 5 fighter at 265. On the undercard at 155 it was Max Luther and Bob Madden showing their class, and making clear they want a bit at the belt, while at 135 former champ Glass Joe returned to winning ways.

Fight of the night: Bob Madden vs Arnar Agnarsson

KO of the night: Bann Harrow

Sub of the night: Jorginho Marcelo

Saturday:

I was a 135 title fight, that needed little work from champion Daichi Kishimoto to defend his title, he was loosing the little energy against Dieselnoi Pramuk, that he just grabbed the mic and challenged anyone at 145 or 135, it has to be seen, if he will get a crack at the vacated 145 title anytime soon.

Before that Unknown Combatant and Dei Zaxi scored wins at 205, while at 265+ Wladimir Yaroslev underlined his contender status, and later that day received a No. 1 COntenders fight vs. Mongolian Muslim in 3 weeks.

Fight of the night: Ted Dibiase vs Cat Fhin

KO of the night: Krit Leekpai

Sub of the night: Kurt Wagner

Sunday:

It didn't get out of Round 1, as Champion Mike Johnson defended his belt at 170 against Kevin Daugthrey. Next up the Challenger Gideon Navarro can be seen as a lot tougher test, as he showed his class, when TKOing Chris Smoky. It was a 170 day, as Puhani Julmu and Putem the Nightmare netted wins showing their class.

Fight of the night: Thor Odinson vs Roy Jones Gracie

KO of the night: Zedidiah Goldberg

Sub of the night: Putem The Nightmare

Let's thank Forge Clothing in Montreal for providing the FIghtgear.

• Upvote 1

Thor Odinson: I want to thank the org for the fight of the night honours. Heard a few fans talking about potential fight of the year favorites already and one guy sneakily recorded it on his phone and posted it to youtube and is currently trending. Not sure how long before the org makes him take it down if they do at all but still pretty cool.

My hats off to my opponent. Roy Jones Gracie was very hard to put away. I know it wouldn't have been as an exciting fight if there wasn't two of us in there. So thank you. I had to do everything i could to stop all those takedown attempts as i knew grappling with him on the ground with one hand to do the hand fighting with a Gracie would have been a bad idea. Will be taking a bit of time off from training to heal up. Broke my right hand early in the first round when he went to slip a right cross and hit him in the forehead. I knew it was broken as soon as it connected so most of my shots were with my left while throwing the right to feint hoping it doesn't connect to try and hide it. Anyways thank you to the org, the fans, and my opponent.

• Upvote 1

Sydney Fights a look into the title Race (Updated: 04/30)

To me the most important and one of the break or make criterias in an Org is the way titles are handed out and defended.

At Sydney Fights, we now have almost every title fight that, as we now reached a point, where it should be much clearer, who is ranked where, we will start to have Power Rankings. Please note, only fighters with at Least one Fight at a Sydney Fights Event will be ranked.

135:

Champion: Daichi Kishimoto(6-1),

1. Pinched Nerve (5-0)

2. Glass Joe (4-1)

3. Brain Fog (4-2)

4. Dieselnoi Por Pramuk(6-1)

5. DeJuan Carneiro (3-0)

6. Connoer Joieson(2-0)

7. Dax Baxter (3-1)

8. Yodsawan Sitsongrit (3-2)

9. Marcelo Barbosa (4-2)

NR(yet to debut):

Title Fight:

11/05 Daichi Kishimoto vs. Nerve

Key Fights:

04/05 Fog vs. Barbosa (4-2)

04/05 Baxter vs. Joieson

12/05 Yodasawan vs. Magnum (3-2-1)

20/05 Glass Joe vs. Por Pramuk

145:

Champion: vacant

1. Marcos Santana(4-0)

2. Jazz Clementine (5-1)

3. Илья Муромец (7-1)

4. Half Life (3-2-1)

5. Steve Henley (2-0)

6. Bigg Sugg (3-3)

7. Joca Carioca (2-2-1)

8. Sun Ming (3-3-1)

9. Aaron Dale(2-1)

NR: (inactive): Sergei Geng (5-1)

NR(not debut yet): Christian Cyborg (5-5)

Title Fight:

12/05 Clementine vs. Santana

Key Fights:

02/05 Carioca vs. Dale

12/05 Sugg vs. Cyborg

16/05 Илья Муромец vs. Life

16/05 Dante(3-3) vs. Dominguez (2-2-1)

155:

Champion: Akimbo Spice (5-0)

1. Justin Sane (6-3)

2. Murphy Brown (7-3-1)

3. Chief Thunder Rolls (4-0)

4. Nazim Bardakci (6-1)

5. Max Luther (5-1)

6. Gennady Golovkin (5-3)

7. Evan Page (4-2)

8. Julius Wolf (4-3)

9. Bob Madden (3-0)

NR yet: Bill Hardwick (3-1),

Title Fight:

13/05 Spice vs. Sane

Key Fights:

04/05 Bardakci vs. Canthropus jr. (2-1)

05/05 Merlin vs. Fazeli (5-1-1)

11/05 Golovkin vs. Williams (6-3)

12/05 Page vs. Wolf

13/05 No. 1 Contender Fight Brown vs. Rolls

18/05 Luther vs. Madden

170:

Champion: Mike Johnson (5-0)

1. Gideon Navarro (5-1)

2. Steve Collins (4-0)

3. Scotty Toute (4-0)

4. Shagat Shanti (9-2)

5. Pahani Julmu (4-0)

6. Kevin Daughtrey (7-1)

7. Akira Harada (5-1)

8. Chris Snoky (7-2-1)

9. Roy Whittaker(3-0),

Title Fight:

26/05 Johnson vs. Navarro

Key Fights:

05/05 Collins vs. Shanti

13/05 Toute vs. Harada

13/05 Whittaker vs. Riven (2-1)

20/05 Julmu vs. The Nightmare (2-1)

23/05 Daugthrey vs. Snoky

185:

Champion: Big Asznee (9-0)

1. Apollo Reid (6-3)

2. Joey Hatton (10-2)

3. Travis Mitchell (5-1)

4. Victor Creed (4-0),

5. Man Itizer (8-4)

6. Sammy Kilbach (6-1)

7. Wayne Benning (5-1)

8. Zedidiah Goldberg (3-0)

8. Sergei Bumanov (3-1)

9. Aulius Homelius (3-1)

NR: (yet to debut):

Title Fight:

06/05 Asznee vs. Reid

Key Fights:

06/05 Homelius vs. Flannery (2-2)

06/05 Mitchell vs. Bumanov

13/05 Benning vs. Itizer

19/05 Hatton vs. Killbach

205:

Champion: Mister McNasty (7-3)

1. Mauro Carnera (6-0)

2.Damatang Camara (7-1)

3. Melvin Comeau (10-3)

4. Lars Hard (7-4)

5. Unknown Combatant (7-4)

6. Dai Zexi (5-1),

7. Isiah Cooley (4-2)

8. Krit Leekpai (3-0)

8. Cornelius Albatross (6-2)

9. Billy Arseworth (8-3)

9. Kazuma Kuwabara (3-0)

NR(yet to debut): Blake Phoenix (9-2), , Pablo Spezziale (6-3)

Title Fight:

12/05 McNasty vs. Carnera

Key Fights:

06/05 Hard vs. Spezziale

09/05 Kusta vs. Farsight

11/05 No. 1 Contender Fight: Comeau vs. Camara

13/05 Phoenix vs. Arseworth

16/05 Albatross vs. Jackson (4-1)

18/05 Cooley vs. Kuwabara

19/05 Combatant vs. Zexi

19/05 Leekpai vs. Ring (5-2)

265:

Champion: Rick Piano (9-0)

1. Ross Barkley (6-2)

2. Bill Shorton (6-1)

3. Mark Borrego (5-1)

4. Gyukosho Fujimoto (4-1)

5. Travis Dillon (5-1)

6. Angel Childress (3-0)

7. Canelo Lopez (3-0)

8. Rivo Riitta (3-1)

9. Yoshihiro Nakayama (5-4)

NR(yet to debut): ,, Santu Avisu Kona (6-0), Jason Harris (3-0)

Title Fight:

06/05 Piano vs. Barkley

Key Fights:

04/05 Kona vs. Fujimoto

06/05 Childress vs. Harpik (4-1)

16/05 Riita vs. Harris (3-0)

18/05 Dillon vs. Hippo (3-2)

265+:

Champion: Arn Anderson (5-0)

1. Bob McDonald (4-0)

2. Matt Wills (4-1)

3. Wladimir Yaroslev (4-0)

4. Fedor Vovchancyn (5-1)

5. Jeff Messer (3-2)

6. Ole Anderson (3-2)

7. Voshon Daniels (3-2)

8. Hulk Hogan (5-4)

9. Ted Di Biase (2-1)

NR yet: , Maxim Popov (5-4), Mongolian Muslim (7-2)

Title Fight:

05/05 A. Anderson vs. McDonald

Key Fights:

05/05 Daniels vs. Boneless (2-2)

09/05 No. 1 Contender Fight Wills vs. Vovchavchyn

11/05 Hogan vs. O. Anderson

11/05 Popov vs. Messer

18/05 No. 1 Contender Fight Yaroslev vs. Muslim

• Upvote 1

SyFi 46

Ladies and gentleman we have bar burner set of fights for you here at Schooners Bar in what promises to be an exciting night of fights on Saturday.

The main event is between two well decorated heavyweight in a title fight that promises to be nothing short of spectacular between Arn Anderson vs Jim Bob McDonald. Both of these men started out in MMA as wrestlers but took different paths to get where they are today. Who will prevail? Will Anderson retain his belt or will McDonald snatch it from him? Let's dig a little deeper and find out what prediction expert thinks. Anderson has taken the path of using his wrestling to go for takedowns, taking down every opponent he has faced so far in the first 10-20 seconds of the fight and trying for any submission he can get his hands on. While McDonald is a bit tougher of a read as he hasn't used his wrestling to attempt a single takedown but has defended the one solo takedown attempt tried against him which surely Anderson will be going for the takedown come Saturday. Much to McDonald's credit is KOing guys at heavyweight is somethingeasily done but his shots aren't only powerful but slicing as he has cut every single opponent who has been put in front of him.
Prediction: McDonald by KO.

The co-main event is a 170 pound bout between young and hungry up and coming KO artist between Sagat Shanti vs Steve Collins. Shanti started out on the local circuit in a tournament making it to the fourth round before falling ill to a decision loss. He then sought out new management and remained on the local circuit for two more fights winning them both before going to Kamikaze and losing his first match their to a cut and winning his next fight. Then he went to AnC racking up two more wins before signing to Sydney Fights and winning his first fight there. The 9-2 fighter will be looking for another win come Saturday to help cement his legacy in the annals of history at 170. His opponent the unbeaten 4-0 Collins has fought every single one of his fights at Sydney Fights. No doubt the Dublin native will be the crowd favorite as Sydney has adopted him as one of their own.
Prediction: Shanti KO

Next fight is a 155 pound match in what promises to display a high level bjj game between these two grapplers Keon Fazeli vs Xavier Merlin. Fazeli has only been finished by KO and Merlin's two losses have come by submission. Which has put his defensive game on the suspect market. Merlin has a high end overall game and has tools to get more done everywhere than Fazeli.
Prediction: Fazeli Submission.

Then we have a fight at 265+ between Voshon Daniels vs Ivar The Boneless. Bot of these men have only lost via submission. Saturday between these two giants promises to be a match of a different kind of someone's 0 must go as they look to change the other guy's loss record in the KO column.
Prediction: The Boneless KO.

Then we have what promises to be a stand up war at 155 as we have two unbeaten fighters between Killian Armstrong vs Chakrii Weecharangsan(Try and say that 5 times real fast I dare you.). This will be Armstrong's first fight off the local circuit against Weecharangsan who has only fought at Sydney Fights. Both of Armstrong's fast KO wins have been tot he same guy and went to decision against the other while Weecharangsan has made short work of every opponent put in front him and has taken home the KO award in both of his fights.
Prediction: Weecharangsan KO.

We have another 155 pound fight between
Fiyero Lermontov vs DaQuan Zachary. Lermontov has been on a tear since coming from the local circuit winning both of his fights here at Sydney Fights. While Zachary started his career at Sydney Fights saw himself losing two straight and then went to local circuit losing again before winning and coming back to Sydney feeling renewed and won his welcome back fight.
Prediction: Lermontov Submission.

At 265+ we have a fight between Jason Imbert vs Anthony Edwards. Jason is all about the stand up game and will go for broke in his brawling style of someone is getting KOed either you or me. While the young Edwards tries to get the win anyway he can but both his losses have come by way of KO.
Prediction: Imbert KO.

The next few fights that will be kicking off the card are all at 145.

Karl Flix vs Ondreh Palat. Both of these young fighters have rounded out there game to some extent. Flix will look to welcome Palat to MMA in his first professional fight. Flix an already known fighter at Sydney will be looking to throw the leather. Palat will welcome that challenge while taking a break from the kickboxing circuit in which he won the US open invitational in kickboxing a year ago.

Prediction: Palat KO.

Ahmed Magomedov vs Philip Ziskie. Again two young fighters. Magomedov has turned his wrestling game into a weapon of you can't take me down and picked up some fine striking. Ziskie has the skill set to make a title run being a high end all rounder.
Prediction: Ziskie dealers choice.

Massimo Damiani vs Hodi Garbandit. Massimo has a win over Karl Flix by KO and is a young fighter who will be taking on Garbandit who is an older fight
er coming to the MMA game later in life. Garbandit is on a losing streak that may have him put him in a need win mode here.
Prediction: Damiani KO.

• Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15050592895019.png

"The Barnyard Brawler" Jim Bob McDonald (323691)

4-0 (SFC 1-0)

Former Major League Combat SHW Champion

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20180117210156tumblr_p2px87Rbin1x26px8o1_540.jpg

"Can't promise I ain't gonna be drunk as ah skunk walkin' inta the cage fer dis title fight. Thank the good lord we're fightin' at Schooner's Bar. Lets make dis quick so I can get back ta drinkin'."

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15188766296834.jpg

"Son of The First Man" Pit Canthropus Jr. (323687)

2-1 (SFC 2-1)

Bastard son of Pithe Canthropus (1)

"Gotta win this next fight against Nazim Bardakci (323926) so I can get a shot to fight Gennady Golovkin (323073) again. I blame the loss on my dads shitty genetics! Mannn I swear to god i'm gonna fuck you up one day Dad!

• Upvote 1

Syfi 45 Preview

265 lbs. Santu Avisu Kona vs #4 Gyukosho Fujimoto

Expect a war! The main event features an undefeated and very skilled striker, Kona, facing off against a well rounded challenger, Fujimoto. Fujimoto is coming off a championship loss and is looking to get back in contention. Kona is looking to keep him where he is.

Prediction - Kona via TKO Rd 2

155 lbs. #4 Nazim Bardakci vs Pit Canthropus J

The co main event is an interesting one. Two men with the same grappling level facing off, however Canthropus takes the striking advantage. If Bardakci keeps Canthropus's hands off of him, we will be looking at a high level Jiu Jitsu match.

Prediction - Canthropus via TKO Rd 1

135 lbs. #6 Connor Joieson vs #7 Dax Baxter

These two men are going to put work in on each other. They are very similar in skill and it will be a tough fight for the both of them. Baxter's striking is the most notable of his arsenal and with two KO victories under Joieson's belt, we could be witness to a strikefest.

Prediction - Baxter via Unanimous Decision

135 lbs. #3 Brain Fog vs #9 Marcelo Barbosa

Boxer/grapplers collide in this bout. Fog and Barbosa, both, have Submission of the nights under their belts. Submission prowess will definitely play a factor in this fight, as well as the two losses Barbosa is coming off of. Fog being a belt under Barbosa may just keep this fight standing. Either way we're looking at a promising fight.

Prediction - Barbosa via Submission Rd 2

135 lbs. Lotus Flower vs #8 Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit

Sitsongrit makes his debut against Flower, a man who already has two fights under the organization, and is a purple belt with a respected Muay Thai standing. This is a big opportunity for Sitsongrit to prove himself.

Prediction - Flower via TKO Rd 2

135 lbs. Wayne Williams vs My Gal

With one KO of the night performance coming from each of these men, we can expect someone to go down. Can Gal's grappling advantage give him a bounce back win, or will Williams take this as his opportunity to climb?

Prediction - Gal via Submission Rd 2

205 lbs. Clay Frazier vs Chuck Thompson

Frazier takes the advantage all around in this contest. Both men debut, with only a loss on their records. It seems the only fair ground for Thompson is a grappling battle.

Prediction - Frazier via TKO Rd 1

205 lbs. Kevin Durant vs Carlos Silva

Durant needs to take this fight seriously against Silva, a grappler who has seen submission success. Three losses in a row has pitted Durant in the rankings and a fourth may destory his chances.

Prediction - Durant via TKO Rd 1

170 lbs. Chris Paul vs Kase Weller

Paul, a Muay Thai artist, goes up against Weller, a boxer with a blue belt. We may not see much successful wrestling in this fight, but if we do, Weller might take this one.

Prediction - Paul via TKO Rd 1

185 lbs. James Harden vs Eren Onay

Harden and Onay are both coming off of losses and need a comeback win, Onay more than Harden, due to his three fight losing streak. That streak may be what gives this fight to Harden.

Prediction - Harden via TKO Rd 1

Written by Garret Baraken

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

SyFi 47
May 6/18
Brought to you by Forge Clothing Co.

Main Event of the Evening
(C) Rick Piano (7-0) vs. Ross Barkley (6-2)

Somehow this man, the champion, Rick 'Roidburg' Piano has become somewhat of our poster boy. Half of our staff are scared to go around him. The 'medication' he claims to take causes him to experience fits of rage and violence. Though one thing is for sure, he is a hell of a fighter. He took Sydney's 205 lb. division by storm, stopping all of his competition in the first round. Extremely well rounded, he makes use of wonderful wrestling to keep his fight standing where he utterly destroys his opponents. He's got power in both his hands and his feet. Ross Barkley is clearly a madman as he chose to step into the cage with the champion. Coming off of a first round tko victory over Travis Dillon in his debut, he got the title shot immediately after because, let's face it, he was willing. An exceptional boxer, he has a similar tactic of using a superb wrestling base to keep fights up where he can throw hands. He has a good chin, but Roidburg has knockout power. I fear for Barkley's safety and wish him the best.

(C) Big Asznee (9-0) vs. Apollo Reid (6-3)

Champion Big 'Baba' Asznee looks to make his fourth title defense. He's entirely undefeated, this slick grappler gets his fight to the ground and beats his opponent up. His submissions are fast and his technique is tight. His chin is stone. The only downside is his standup, but we have yet to meet a man that could stop this freight train's takedown. Will Apollo 'Master of Disaster' Reid be the one? A jack of all trades master of none type, this rounded fighter has won both of his fights in Sydney, his resolve will be questioned. Does he have the steel his veins to survive Asznee's onslaught?

Pablo Spezziale (6-3) vs. Lars Hard (7-4)

Signing with Sydney following his running-up in the high profile Legends Tournament, Pablo "Heavy Metal" Spezziale is making his debut this night. A wonderful boxer, he has trained up his wrestling skills no doubt to keep his fights standing where his big right hand can come into play. His opponent, Lars "The Modern Viking" Hard, is on a three fight winning streak, earning Fight of the Night honors in his last bout against Tristan Farsight. These two men are built much the same, the only glaring difference being Hard's purple belt as opposed to Spezziale's blue. Will that come into effect when Hard's team prepares his gameplan against his very game newcomer?

Stefan Harpik (4-1) vs. Angel Childress (3-0)

Following up a fairly successful sprint through the amateur leagues, Stefan Harpik has signed with Sydney and makes his debut this night. He is a strong grappler and smothers his opponents while swarming them with ground and pound. His welcome wagon comes in the form of Angel 'Squizo' Childress, who is no stranger to our cage. He's had three fights, he's finished all by submission and will prove a worthy opponent for Harpik. Will these guys go at it on the mat or will another strategy prevail?

Travis Mitchell (4-1) vs. Sergei Bumanov (3-1)

Travis Mitchell is extremely well rounded. He has a purple belt in jiujitsu, and an extremely versatile skillset that gives him a certain comfort regardless of where the fight takes place. Undefeated thus far in his three bouts in Sydney, he's won by knockout as well as submission, proving that he is an exciting young fighter to watch. His opponent, Sergei "The Serge" Bumanov, is looking to rebound hard as he was submitted in his title challenge against champion Big Asznee, who is also competing tonight. Similarily very well rounded, Bumanov also rocks a purple belt and attacks his opponents with a combination of strikes and grappling. Hard to say much about strategies with such well rounded young men.

Aulis Homelius (3-1) vs. Mickey Flannerry (2-2)

Aulis Homelius is back for his fourth fight in our cage, with three unanimous decisions under his belt. He uses his wonderful wrestling skills to win points and earn the judges favor. Will he be able to score takedowns against Mickey Flannerry, who is making his debut this night. He has superb wrestling but is primarily boxer with a good chin and heavy hands. Will Homelius switch up his tactics and look for a finish here? I'm quite sure Flannerry will be, as he looks to make a grand entrance.

Ingo Butzhammer (3-0) vs. Julius Scipio (1-0)

Ingo "Das Eichhörnchen" Butzhammer is the epitome of a muai thai fighter, his primary weapons being his kicks, his knees, and his elbows. He claimed Knockout of the Night honors in his last showing, finishing Luc Brood near the start of the third round with a series of head kicks that looked straight out of a video game. He's undefeated thus far in his three fights, and welcomes Julius Scipio back to the cage for his second bout. Scipio is a remarkable boxer with a purple belt in jiujitsu. In his debut he managed to avoid being grappled to death to grind out a unanimous decision victory over Ryan Rylie. He's got his work cut out for him as he'll have to avoid eating the deadly kicks of Butzhammer.

Khalamedov Nurmagabeeb (3-2) vs. Nilo Putsok (2-0)

What a night of fights and the action just keeps coming as Khalamedov Nurmagabeeb is back for his sixth fight and he's looking to prove himself a bit. In his last fight he gave up a unanimous decision to Steve Collins where his chin became slightly suspect. Despite that, he's a remarkable wrestler with a purple belt in jiujitsu and he'll always have that. The question is, will he be the dominant force should the fight go to the mat? His opponent Nilo Putsok showed us in his debut he certainly knows how to grapple as well, finishing Conor Henderson in the first round with a nasty rear naked choke. He's also a purple belt with wrestling skills. Hard to tell who's got the true advantage here, this will just be a good fight!

Iso Paa (2-1) vs. John Gibson (2-1)

With two back to back tko victories in Sydney, Iso Paa is on a tear. With wonderful muay thai and a well-rounded skillset to back it up, his gameplan of standing and banging has been working out for him. He surely can take a punch, and also showed he can hang with grapplers as in his last fight against Darth Bo he survived the onslaught of takedowns and submissions to put his opponent away in the third. His opponent John Gibson is making his debut, a win here would be huge for him. He is a superb wrestler with a purple belt in jiujitsu and his standup skills are not to be scoffed at. It will be interesting to see how his gameplan unfolds.

Bol Strike (2-0) vs. Jon Silva (3-3)

Bol 'Overem' Strike is aptly named - a strong boxer with a wrestling pedigree and a chin of granite - also undefeated thus far in his two bouts. He makes his debut in Sydney on this stacked card, taking on Jon 'Bones' Silva who has become a bit of a gatekeeper, going back and forth in the win and loss column since he signed on five fights ago. Predominantly a grappler, he'll need to get past the takedown defense of Strike and put him on his back, where he'll have a much better chance of getting the win. If Strike can keep the fight standing, he'll send a message to all of the grapplers in the 185 lb. division.

- Written by Vincent Valenzio

• Upvote 2

[The screen fades in and Ricky Warner can be seen sitting behind his richly appointed desk while the announcer addresses the audience]

The MMAAddict.com MMA video blog with your host, Ricky Warner…

Ricky Warner: Well, folks here we are again, and as promised I have the interviews with the top talent of the Brunno Falcone camp. With me today are: Frank Granger, Daniel Orndorf, Diego Carlitto, Voshon Daniels, Wladimir Yaroslev, and Kenrick Nikil Jr. We will be talking about their upcoming opponents and their careers thus far. We may also do one of these for other managers of the Evil Empire as well.

First up we have the colorful and often volatile, Daniel Orndorf

[Daniel Orndorf walks on stage from out of camera view and takes a seat next to Ricky Warner and shakes his hand]

Ricky Warner: Welcome to the show, Daniel.

Daniel Orndorf: Thanks, Ricky. It’s good to be here.

Ricky Warner: You recently had a bout with Jean-Luc Phaneuf that could have put you solidly into title contention, had you won. Let’s talk about that for a minute?

Orndorf: Yeah, I thought that fight would have been great for me to put me right there. I know that the 205-pound champ is over-hyped and that he was going down sooner or later. I was just not expecting that Wes Ray would jump up in weight and get the title fight. Especially since he just lost his title down in the Middleweight division. I personally, felt that that fight should have been Jean-Luc’s. He whipped the piss out of me and he is a tough guy. The loss stung, let me tell ya, but Phaneuf done what he hadda do and he made me look like a chump.

Warner: You seem uncharacteristically calm about all this.

Orndof: Well, I’ve had a lot of time to think about it. I mean I have already had another fight since then and I took all, my anger out on the lying chump, Carlos Anderson. I was angry with myself, by the way. Phaneuf won fair and square. He stood and banged with me and he came out on top. He was just really a lot better than I thought. Either that, or I was not as good as I thought. Point is, that he is a great fighter and he beat my ass. I am learning from that and I hope that the next time we meet, that I am better equipped to deal with him and to maybe take him out.

Warner: So, speaking of Anderson. You put him away very fast. Again, he made taunting remarks after the loss about his alleged YouTube fame. What are your thoughts on that?

Orndorf: Look, that bitch is a lying fuck. He doesn’t have anywhere near that kind of success on YouTube. His weak ass chin didn’t take out C.M. Punk like he claims either. He’s just a blowhard spouting lies like that punk bitch, Charlie Zelenof. I think that Frank and me showed what he is really made of. I beat that ass so bad that he has got to be considering retirement.

Warner: Indeed you did. You destroyed him in just 22 seconds. What’s next for you?

Orndorf: Well, I don’t have a fight scheduled yet, but I am training as if I do. Working on those holes in my fight game. I know there are things I can improve and those are what I am working on.

Warner: Frank Granger is scheduled for his first fight in the heavyweight division, do you think the step up in weight will prove to much for him?

Orndorf: Hell, no, man! Frank is a beast. He is, without a doubt, the most skilled guy on the roster and he is like a sponge when it comes to learning new stuff. Frank is gonna own that dude.

Warner: Now that Wes Ray has just won the Light-Heavyweight championship, what does that do for your plans?

Orndorf: Nothin. He stepped up to my weight class. I didn’t go down to his. He is an alliance mate, but he stepped up to the 205 and, well, he is gonna have to face guys like Phaneuf and me. Phaneuf should be getting that title shot next and if Ray beats him then he better get ready for me. It’s that simple. I am not gonna stand by and put my career on hold just because he is an alliance mate.

I think Phaneuf gets the next title fight. I should probably get a fight with Boris Tadic and then after I snap his win streak, then a title shot. It’s just the only fights that make sense at this point.

Warner: You don’t think Tadic is a threat?

Orndorf: Naw. Not really. He has a striker’s chance, but I’ve faced much better fighters than him. He knocked out a few bums from the QFC and if he thinks the competition there made him ready for the competition here, well… he is in for a rude awakening.

Warner: Alright, Daniel, thanks for coming on the show. Good luck to you.

Orndorf: Thanks, Ricky.

[Orndorf stands up, shakes hands with Ricky and walks back offstage.]

Ricky Warner: Up next we have another Rise warrior from the Falcone camp, Frank Granger.

[Frank makes his way across the stage, shakes hands with Warner and takes a seat]

Warner: Welcome to the show, Frank.

Frank Granger: My pleasure, Ricky.

Warner: You had some harsh words for Carlos Anderson on social media following that fight between you two. What was that about?

Granger: Well, you know I don’t really like trash talking and all that nonsense, so when this punk I just knocked out starts talking shit, it really got under my skin. I wanted to walk over to him and go all Orndorf on him, but I am the better man, and I proved it in the cage.

Warner: [chuckling] All Orndorf on him?

Granger: You know how Daniel gets. He has a slight anger management issue.

Warner: That’s putting it mildly. So you have made the step up in weight and you definitely look much bulkier then the last time you were on this show. Are you prepared for you Heavyweight debut?

Granger: As much as anyone ever is to fight someone. I mean the fight is still some weeks away, so training continues. The man has lots of fight experience, having been in the cage twice as often as I have been, but I have been doing this a lot longer and I feel quite confident that I can finish this fight and walk away with the win. On top of that I should establish myself as a top contender in the Heavyweight division with a solid win over an established opponent like, Oumakhanov.

Warner: Your stable-mate, Daniel Orndorf just fought Carlos Anderson and knocked him out in a whooping 22 seconds. What are your thoughts on that, considering that it took you nearly two minutes to finish him?

Granger: Don’t read too much into that. Daniel is incredibly strong, one of the strongest in our stable for his size, at least, and his fighting style is a bit more aggressive then mine. The guy hits like a freight train and he is constantly in your face when you spar with him or other training stuff. So yeah, it doesn’t surprise me that Daniel got an earlier stoppage than I did. But that same recklessness can also get him stopped, as Phaneuf demonstrated.

Warner: So how do you see your future in Rise in the coming months?

Granger: Well, honestly, I see myself fighting for the Rise Heavyweight title. After Oumakhanov I should be firmly in the top ranks of the division and, depending on what happens with guys like Carver Frost, I could well be the number one contender. I would like to face Frost or Allison at some point. And I may have to, to get that number one seed.

Warner: Who, among your current stablemates, do you think will be the first to get a championship win?

Granger: Tough to say, really. Voshon just fought for a title and lost over in Sydney fights and Kenrick has an upcoming title fight. I am pretty sure he will win his title fight, so I guess that means Kenrick. [laughs]

Warner: So who do you view as the biggest challenge in the Heavyweight division?

Granger: Well, the champion, obviously, but other than him? I would have to say… Rich Silva jr. He is fighting for the title next and his management team is very good. He may well be the next champion, in fact.

Warner: Interesting. Well, thanks for coming by, Frank. Good luck with your fight against Fedor Oumakhanov and hope to see you here again soon.

Granger: Thanks, Ricky, and you will.

[Granger makes his way back offstage]

Warner: Up next we have Voshon Daniels, who just fought for the Super-Heavyweight title down under in Sydney Fights. [Voshon lumbers up to the desk and shakes Ricky’s hand before taking his seat]

Welcome to the show.

Voshon Daniels: Hey, baby, good ta be here! [vigorously shakes Ricky’s hand and does a lot of hand transitions ending with a fist bump and then an explosion-like gesture with his hand before sitting down]

Warner: So, you lost your title fight bid, and now face Ivar “the Boneless”. Tell me what you think about the loss and what it means to your future in Sydney fights.

Daniels: Hey, the loss stings, you dig? But, I gots ta pick myself up and move on. I took the loss with dignity and honor. I ain’t never talked no shit about the champion until now. That punk wants to go on talking all that junk about “Pain Train my ass”. Well, who got hurt in that fight? It sure weren’t me baby. I had to take a few days off, but that fool was out for a couple weeks*. So try and look brave for all your fans, champ, but we all know what’s up baby.

Warner: Well, he did win the fight, though…

Daniels: I know he won the fight. And he done it fair and square, dig. But he hadda go talk all that trash afterwards, and that just makes him look like a fool. He ain’t had nothing ta say before the fight, but afterwards wants to play the fool. He got luck that I only was able ta pop him once or twice. If I coulda landed one or two of these bombs on him he woulda been takin’ a nap. But that’s ok, Baby. You go on talking all that smack. I’m all about the love. It’s all about heart, baby! [Voshon pounds his chest a few times while talking]

Warner: So what’s next for you?

Daniels: Well, I fight Boneless and see what’s what I guess. Sydney got’s them a deep roster and I got’s ta win more than one fight to get back on track, baby. So after I put a whoopin’ on ol’ Boneless then I’ll fight whoever else they stand up in front of me. The Pain Train ain’t afraid, baby! Whoo!

Warner: Well, good luck, Voshon. We hope to see you around for a long time. You are one entertaining individual.

Daniels: Oh, I’mma be around, Baby. The Pain Train is coming through, Choo, Chooooo!! [Voshon makes a gesture in the air like he’s pulling on a cord and then jumps up out of his seat and runs in place for a few seconds while making train noises]. Thanks for having me on, Baby! [Gives Ricky a big hand shake, pulling him up out of his chair and then pulling him in for a big bear hug]. Peace, Ricky, baby!!!

[Voshon beats his chest a few more times then give Ricky a peace sign, kisses his fist and raises his hand to the sky]

God bless, baby. [He then turns and runs off stage making train noises]

Warner: Well, that was high energy. Up next is Wladimir Yaroslev.

[Yaroslev walks out to the stage slowly, shakes Ricky’s hand and takes his seat.]

Yaroslev: Thanks for having me on the show, Ricky.

Warner: No problem, big man. So you just beat Adam Hardy and you have a fight scheduled with Mongolian Muslim coming up next, where do you see yourself in the next year?

Yaroslev: Well, this fight with Muslim, I asked for that fight, actually. I said to Mr. Lineman that this would be a big step up in competition for me and I was game to try it. He agreed saying that it should be a number one contender’s bout. So that means that when and if I beat Muslim, I will be getting that title shot. So, to answer your question, I think that in one year’s time I will be the Champion with one title defense to my name and will be looking for another.

Warner: That’s very ambitious.

Yaroslev: Well, yes, but it’s fairly realistic. I just want to clear up that I am not looking past the champion, but I do think that I can take him, especially since that fight is likely to be 6 months out so plenty of time to train. I am confident and sure of myself. If I can maintain my focus, my drive, then I should be able to call myself champion by the end of this year.

Warner: You have completely destroyed all of your opposition so far, with the 1:40 second KO of Adam Hardy being the longest fight you’ve been in since your debut. What do you have to say about Hardy?

Yaroslev: Well, Hardy was a tough customer. He liked to grapple as well, so I knew I had to be somewhat cautious with him, even though I was far more skilled on the ground. The last thing I needed to do was get sloppy and allow him a submission or something. He was also just tougher then most of the previous opponents.

Warner: Thoughts on how you will beat someone like Mongolian Muslim? He was a former champion over in NJMMA.

Yaroslev: Yes, he was a former champion, but, let’s face it. The guys he fought for the belt, were not up to par. He only defended the belt twice and lost it to Blake Phoenix’s Like Boss. After thet he realized he just was not going to get that title back. So, he comes here thinking that he will have an easier time of it. I am here to show him that he will not.

Warner: OK, there you have it. Wladimir, thanks for coming on.

Yaroslev: Thanks for having me.

[As Yaroslev makes his way off stage, Warner introduces the next guest]

Warner: Our final guest is Kenrick Nikil Jr. Welcome to the show, Kenrick.

Nikil: An honor, Mr. Warner,

Warner: Call me Ricky. So, after an upsetting loss in your first championship fight, you left the EFA. What’s the deal with that?

Nikil: Well, essentially, the deal is just that we could not come to one. The owner of EFA, Zac Sechler, would tell you all sorts of wonderful things when you were working out contract details. He would talk about money, inactivity clauses and contract length and we would come to terms. Then he would draft the contract and send it over and I’d look at it and be like, what the fuck is this shit. This is not what we discussed. At all. He also promised a title fight, then gave the shot to Brock Lesnar who was sporting a 2-7 record and was ranked at the very bottom of the division. He was a chump and had no right baing in the same cage as the champion. After going round and round with him about it, I finally just said, look, I’ll fight your champion and then we will talk about contract renewal. Well, I lost the fight, and since it was the last fight on my contract I just walked away since he still couldn’t send a contract offer that we agreed on.

Warner: Wow, that sounds like quite the ordeal.

Nikil: Yeah, this went on for like three or four months before I finally just walked away. I just signed up with Torcida though, so this should be interesting. Their Super-Heavyweight roster is sorta thin, but there are some heavy hitters in there. Including and alliance mate, Harald Knockmal, who is fighting for the title. Should be fun. We shall see what happens after this first contract is up.

Warner: Have you thought about dropping down to Heavyweight? It might open up some opportunities.

Nikil: Yeah, that’s a definite possibility. I can’t quite make that cut now, but I am pretty close to being able to make a cut to Heavyweight. We’ll see what things look like after contract renegotiation comes up.

Warner: So, who looks to be your biggest challenge in Torcida?

Nikil: Harald Knockmal. The guy is a beast. He manhandled Voshon in their fight down in Sydney, and that fight could have gone either way. So, I would have my work cut out for me if I faced him. He will probably be the next champion here. Other than him, I haven’t really looked at who else would pose the most threat.

Warner: Alright, Kenrick. Thanks for joining us and good luck in your new home. Hope it works out for you.

Nikil: Thank, Mr. … Ricky. It was fun.

Warner: That wraps up this episode, Be sure and check out the next instalment and be sure to check out these guys in their upcoming bouts. Be safe and see you next time.

[The credits roll and the closing theme plays while Ricky talks with Kenrick]

• Upvote 2

Another Saturday and another exciting night of fights at Schooners Bar in Sydney. Sydney Fights has not 1 but 2 title fights as treat for you fine folks.

Main event features Mister McNasty vs Mauro Carnera for the belt at 205. McNasty 8-3 will be looking for another KO victory and retain his title. The challenger the unbeaten Carnera 6-0 who had KO all of his opponemts up until his last fight where he showcased that he is a complete fighter sinking in an armbar for the submission win.
Prediction: Carnera KO.

Marcos Santana vs Jazz Clementine is the co-main event and the second title fight. It is at 145. Currently the 145 pound belt is vacant and will be going to one of these two fighters Saturday. It's your classic grappler vs striker match up. Santana is a grappler and unbeaten at 4-0. Clementine is a striker and is 5-1 and his only loss has come by way of submission. There will be no question as to what the gameplan for either of these fighters will be. The only question is who will execute their game plan best.
Prediction: Clementine KO.

Evan Page vs Julius Wolf is at 155. And like the co-main is a striker vs grappler. Page 4-2 has only lost to submissions and is a hot prospect. Wolf is 4-3 and has had a bumpy road but assures the fight fans he is walking away with the win on Saturday.
Prediction: Wolf submission.

Che Huu Mo vs Deklek Sitsongrit is another 155 fight that striker versus grappler. Mo is a grappling stand out coming in at 3-1. Deklek is a striker coming in at 4-2 having lost both by submission. Has found himself under new management. It promises to be a very interesting fight indeed.
Prediction: Mo decision.

Bigg Sugg 3-3 vs. Christian Cyborg 5-5. Will be at 145. Has potential to steal fight of the night as these two fighters meet face to face. Sugg has the wrestling to get this one to the ground and Cyborg has the striking to outclass Sugg. Both of these fighters are coming on winning streaks. Who will snap the other's streak?
Prediction: Sugg submission.

Undercard Predictions:
Yodsawan KO
Loiri anyway he wants.
Greene KO
Santos KO
Mkumbwa KO

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15130501601842.jpg
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20180120101433Belt.jpg
RICK PIANO

A little sad my string of first rd KO's is over....his granite chin was tough. But only tough enough to make it two rounds, I still smashed that chin into dust!

SyFi Weekend Recap:

It was a weekend of decisions, 3 title fights and a good groupings of fights kept the action busy, SFC showed, what moving to bigger arenas makes possible, and the fighters shone in the extravaganza, let's go day by day:
Friday:
Not a single submission was seen on the Firday card, apart from that multiple KOs ruled. Head of the bill,
Santu Avisu Kona showed, why he was the talk of town, when SFC signed him to bring the biggest challenge at 265. He didn't slow down, and got a TKO win vs. Fujimoto, it is safely believed, his next fight will be for the belt.
In the Co-Main Event Pit Canthropous jr. beat NArdim Badakczi at 155. The undercard was highlighted by 135 action, Connor Joiesson and Brain Fog closed in on title oppurtunities, and cemented their Top 10 spots. Also at 135 Wayne Williams won his SyFi debut, and is expected to move to the Top 10 of the Division.
Fight of the night: Brain Fog vs Marcelo Barbosa
KO of the night: Pit Canthropus Jr
Saturday:
The 265+ Title fight highlighted the card, and Champion Arn Anderson got another submission, quick and strong the veteran ended Bob McDonalds high title hopes, but the youngster hardly could land a punch, as he was taken down and submitted.
In the Co-Main Event Steve Collins showed he is a force to reckon with at 170, a Top 5 fighter already, he got another victim and hopes of a title shot, in other action at 155 it was Xavier Merlin gettin a win, that should put him back in the Top 10, also at 155, Fiyero Lermentov and Chakrii Weecharangsan won by TKO, they are hopeful talents, that we will likely here a lot more from in the future.
Fight of the night: Massimo Damiani vs Hodi Garbandit
KO of the night: Jason Imbert
Sub of the night: Arn Anderson
Sunday:
Banging Sunday it was, as the 265 Champ Rick Piano started his first title defense, Ross Barkley was the opponent, and he accomplished something that had yet to be done, survive a round with Piano, however, in Round 2 the Champ showed more of his class, as Barkley was outfought and upended at the 4:58 mark of Round 2.
The surprise of the night came at 185, unbeaten Champ Big Asznee got caught by a banging Punch, as Apollo Reid shocked him, and took the 185 belt. A gloriuos night for Apollo Reid, who took his fighting to another level since joining SFC.
In lower Card Action Pablo Spezziale won his first SFC 205 fight, and immediatly can be seen as a top challenger. At 185 Sergei Bumanov beat Travis Mitchell, who was vying a title fight, But Bumanov recently beaten by Big Asznee showed his class and was determined to get the Decision win.
Fight of the night: Sergei Bumanov vs Travis Mitchell
KO of the night: Apollo Reid
Sub of the night: Jon Silva
  • Upvote 1

Sydney Fights a look into the title Race (Updated: 05/07)

To me the most important and one of the break or make criterias in an Org is the way titles are handed out and defended.

At Sydney Fights, we now have almost every title fight that, as we now reached a point, where it should be much clearer, who is ranked where, we will start to have Power Rankings. Please note, only fighters with at Least one Fight at a Sydney Fights Event will be ranked.

135:

Champion: Daichi Kishimoto(6-1),

1. Pinched Nerve (5-0)

2. Brain Fog (5-2)

3. Connoer Joieson(3-0)

4. Glass Joe (4-1)

5. Dieselnoi Por Pramuk(6-1)

6. DeJuan Carneiro (3-0)

7. Yodsawan Sitsongrit (3-2)

8. Wayne Williams (4-2)

9. Gary Dema (4-2)

NR(yet to debut):

Title Fight:

11/05 Daichi Kishimoto vs. Nerve

Key Fights:

12/05 Yodasawan vs. Magnum (3-2-1)

20/05 Glass Joe vs. Por Pramuk

25/05 Carneiro vs. Williams

25/05 Dema vs. Baxter (3-2)

145:

Champion: vacant

1. Marcos Santana(4-0)

2. Jazz Clementine (5-1)

3. Илья Муромец (7-1)

4. Half Life (3-2-1)

5. Steve Henley (2-0)

6. Joca Carioca (3-2-1)

7. Bigg Sugg (3-3)

8. Pedro Siracha (2-1)

9. Philip Zieske (2-1)

NR: (inactive): Sergei Geng (5-1)

NR(not debut yet): Christian Cyborg (5-5)

Title Fight:

12/05 Clementine vs. Santana

Key Fights:

12/05 Sugg vs. Cyborg

16/05 Илья Муромец vs. Life

16/05 Dante(3-3) vs. Dominguez (2-2-1)

25/05 Zieske vs. Gardanbit (2-3)

25/05 Henley vs. Siracha

155:

Champion: Akimbo Spice (5-0)

1. Justin Sane (6-3)

2. Murphy Brown (7-3-1)

3. Chief Thunder Rolls (4-0)

4. Max Luther (5-1)

5. Gennady Golovkin (5-3)

6. Evan Page (4-2)

7. Pit Canthropus jr. (3-1)

8. Xavier Merlin (5-2)

9. Julius Wolf (4-3)

9. Bob Madden (3-0)

NR yet: Bill Hardwick (3-1),

Title Fight:

13/05 Spice vs. Sane

Key Fights:

11/05 Golovkin vs. Williams (6-3)

12/05 Page vs. Wolf

13/05 No. 1 Contender Fight Brown vs. Rolls

18/05 Luther vs. Madden

25/05 Merlin vs. Canthropus jr.

170:

Champion: Mike Johnson (5-0)

1. Gideon Navarro (5-1)

2. Steve Collins (5-0)

3. Scotty Toute (4-0)

4. Pahani Julmu (4-0)

5. Kevin Daughtrey (7-1)

6. Akira Harada (5-1)

7. Shagat Shanti (9-3)

8. Chris Snoky (7-2-1)

9. Roy Whittaker(3-0),

Title Fight:

26/05 Johnson vs. Navarro

Key Fights:

13/05 Toute vs. Harada

13/05 Whittaker vs. Riven (2-1)

20/05 Julmu vs. The Nightmare (2-1)

23/05 Daugthrey vs. Snoky

26/05 Shanti vs. Butzhammer (4-0)

185:

Champion: Apollo Reid (7-3)

1. Joey Hatton (10-2)

2. Big Asznee (9-1)

3. Victor Creed (4-0)

4. Man Itizer (8-4)

5. Sergei Bumanov (4-1)

6. Sammy Kilbach (6-1)

7. Wayne Benning (5-1)

8. Travis Mitchell (5-2)

9. Zedidiah Goldberg (3-0)

NR: (yet to debut):

Title Fight:

20/05 Reid vs.

Key Fights:

13/05 Benning vs. Itizer

19/05 Hatton vs. Killbach

19/05 Creed vs. Goddard (5-2)

25/05 Bumanov vs. Flannery (3-2)

205:

Champion: Mister McNasty (7-3)

1. Mauro Carnera (6-0)

2.Damatang Camara (7-1)

3. Melvin Comeau (10-3)

4. Pablo Spezziale (7-3)

5. Unknown Combatant (7-4)

6. Dai Zexi (5-1),

7. Isiah Cooley (4-2)

8. Krit Leekpai (3-0)

8. Cornelius Albatross (6-2)

9. Billy Arseworth (8-3)

9. Kazuma Kuwabara (3-0)

NR(yet to debut): Blake Phoenix (9-2), ,

Title Fight:

12/05 McNasty vs. Carnera

Key Fights:

09/05 Kusta vs. Farsight

11/05 No. 1 Contender Fight: Comeau vs. Camara

13/05 Phoenix vs. Arseworth

16/05 Albatross vs. Jackson (4-1)

18/05 Cooley vs. Kuwabara

19/05 Combatant vs. Zexi

19/05 Leekpai vs. Ring (5-2)

265:

Champion: Rick Piano (10-0)

1. Santu Avisu Kona (7-0)

2. Bill Shorton (6-1)

3. Mark Borrego (5-1)

4. Ross Barkley (6-3)

5. Travis Dillon (5-1)

6. Canelo Lopez (3-0)

7. Stefan Harpik (5-1)

8. Rivo Riitta (3-1)

9. Gyukosho Fujimoto (4-2)

NR(yet to debut): ,, , Jason Harris (3-0)

Title Fight:

27/05 Piano vs.

Key Fights:

16/05 Riita vs. Harris (3-0)

18/05 Dillon vs. Hippo (3-2)

19/05 Shorton vs. Borrego

265+:

Champion: Arn Anderson (6-0)

1. Matt Wills (4-1)

2. Wladimir Yaroslev (4-0)

3. Fedor Vovchancyn (5-1)

4. Voshon Daniels (4-2)

5. Bob McDonald (4-1)

6. Jeff Messer (3-2)

7. Ole Anderson (3-2)

8. Hulk Hogan (5-4)

9. Ted Di Biase (2-1)

NR yet: , Maxim Popov (5-4), Mongolian Muslim (7-2)

Title Fight:

/05 A. Anderson

Key Fights:

09/05 No. 1 Contender Fight Wills vs. Vovchavchyn

11/05 Hogan vs. O. Anderson

11/05 Popov vs. Messer

18/05 No. 1 Contender Fight Yaroslev vs. Muslim

27/05 Daniels vs. McDonald

• Upvote 1

SyFi 50
May 13/18
Brought to you by Forge Clothing Co.

Main Event of the Evening
Blake Phoenix (8-2) vs. Billy Arseworth (8-3)

Tonight in our main event we have two NYFN Legends tournament semi-finalists who did not face each other in said tournament, but are going at it here in Sydney. Both of these men were defeated by their respective opponents in the semi-finals, but picked up notable wins over fighters from some of the best camps in the game. Blake Phoenix, in his first fight since the tournament, looks to take out "The One Round Ranger" Billy Arseworth, who has fought once since - switching to a new camp and giving up the tko to former champion Damatang Camera at the very beginning of the second round. Both of these men are hungry to prove they can survive out here and best of luck to them both. What a main event!

(C)Akimbo Spice (5-0) vs. Justin Sane (6-3)

We also have tonight the recently re-crowned champion 'The Black Prophet' Akimbo Spice making his second attempt at his first title defense. After taking the tko over Gennady Golovkin near the start of the second round, he regained his gold and now will try to prevent the challenger from taking it away. A grappler and brown belt, Justin Sane only needed three minutes to sink in a tight arm triangle over Xavier Merlin in his debut, earning himself the title shot. This is one of those classic fights, will Spice be able to keep the fight upright where he can use his muay thai skills? Or will Sane manage to drag it to the ground where he is at his best?

Murphy Brown (7-3-1) vs. Chief Thunder Rolls (4-0)

After dispatching Pat Williams with a nasty knockout in the second round of his last bout, Murphy 'The Bomber' Brown is back for his second fight in Sydney. He is a wonderful boxer with some wrestling to boot, and he carries some power in his right hand. He will take on Chief Thunder Rolls who is on a streak with three consecutive wins by stoppage. He is a jiujitsu brown belt and is best when he's getting the fight to the ground, raining down aggressively with ground and pound. I believe if Brown can prevent being taken down, it will be a short night for the Chief.

Akira Harada (5-1) vs. Scotty Tuote (4-0)

Wonderful boxer Akira Harada has had a good run thus far in his career, however meeting a touch of adversity in his last bout where he was stopped for the first time by Kevin Daughtrey by way of tko in the first round. He's going to try and get back into the win column as his opponent, undefeated Scotty Tuote will look to continue his streak. Tuote knows how to finish a fight and has the power to do it, he likes to clinch his opponent up and terrorize them with punches and knees. Harada will have to try and stay to the outside here or he may have a rough evening.

Man Itizer (8-4) vs. Wayne Benning (5-1)

With two back-to-back tko victories, both occuring in the first round, man 'Moist' Itizer has proven that he can scrap. He is a wonderful muay thai fighter and is most effective when he has his opponent clinched up, attacking with sharp elbows and devastating knees. His opponent Wayne Benning has finished all of his opposition in the first round, his most recent victim Bobby Whittaker in only two minutes. These two will go head to head in what surely will be a war!

Undercard
Bann Harrow (3-1) vs. William Lindham (4-3)
Cal Riven (2-1) vs. Roy Whitaker (3-0)
Hokuto Akira (2-0) vs. Josh Alli (3-4)
Emil Derrick (2-1) vs. Petr Antonovich (2-0)
Tourney Disappointment (5-0) vs. Isaac Arthur (5-0)

• Upvote 2

Syfi 48 Preview

205 lbs. (#3) Melvin Comeau vs. (#2) Damatang Camara

Here we go! The main event is here, and what a fight it is. Recently, both winning at the Syfi 39 card, these men are looking to cement a shot at the title at 205. Comeau is a KO machine, but he will surely be put to the test in this one. Camara seems to be the more well rounded fighter, and unless this becomes strictly a Muay Thai fight, Comeau will be outmatched.

Prediction - Camara via TKO Rd. 1

135 lbs. title (Champ) Daichi Kishimoto vs. (#1) Pinched Nerve

In the co-main event, the 135 champion, Kishimoto takes on the number 1 contender, Nerve. Kishimoto, a black belt in BJJ and good boxer, can keep this fight standing or take it to the ground per his will, due to his also great wrestling. Nerve is undefeated, and that may be just because he hasn't fought anyone like the champion.

Prediction - Kishimoto via Submission Rd. 1

155 lbs. (#5) Gennady Golovkin vs. Pat Williams

These two men seem to be polar opposites. One a Boxer/Wrestler, Golovkin, the other a Muay Thai/BJJ artist, Williams. This is an exciting matchup! This comes down to who's game plan is better and who can adapt to what the other is throwing quicker. Neither man has it in the bag.

Prediction - Golovkin via TKO Rd. 1

265+ lbs. (#8) Hulk Hogan vs. (#7) Ole Anderson

This is a close matchup on paper. Two very powerful wrestlers clashing, chomping at the bit for that top 5 spot. Both men are no strangers to losses and are willing to go all out. Don't miss this one.

Prediction - Hogan via TKO Rd. 2

265+ lbs. (#6) Jeff Messer vs. Maxim Popov

This is going to be a barn burner! The majority of each of these men's records consist of finishes, of the KO variety. Popov, a talented Muay Thai based striker looks to prove himself against a strong, technical boxer such as Messer.

Prediction - Popov via TKO Rd. 1

205 lbs. Benjamin Bronckhorsten vs. Mick Dunlop

With his first win, a submission in round 1, Dunlop looks to secure a second win against a boxer, Bronckhorsten. Dunlop is more skilled in every other aspect, however, so this one should be quick.

Prediction - Dunlop via TKO Rd. 1

265 lbs. Cesar Rogers vs. Yamil Villanueva

Villanueva is on a primo losing streak, having lost 3 in a row. While, his opponent, Rogers, has a 2 fight winning streak, and will look for that third. Rogers losing would be a huge upset. Crazier things have happened.

Prediction - Rogers via KO Rd. 1

265 lbs. Itzhak Weinstein vs. Michael Johnson

The breaking of the losing streak is such a wonderful thing. Weinstein needs it less than Johnson, but unfortunately, unless the fight ends up on the ground. He has no chance.

Prediction - Weinstein via TKO Rd. 1

205 lbs. Steve Roach vs. Jack Hard Hands

Both mens' debuts to Syfi, and it will be a challenge. Roach is far more skillful in striking, but Hands has the grappling. Who will make a good impression?

Prediction - Roach via KO Rd. 1

265 lbs. Phol Mfer vs. Bald Bull

Mfer debuts his first ever contested fight with a man who has a loss in the organization, Bull. Bull's rank is suffering. Can he come up off of a professionally inexperienced fighter?

Prediction - Mfer via TKO Rd. 1

• Upvote 2

Daichi Kishimoto

"I am getting bored but I guess I like the paydays coming in...how about another short notice match until that 145lbs title is sorted then I want to fight for that title please SFC! I love fifhting so thanks to everyone coming out I appreciate it"

#andstill

#doublechamp

#Iwantthis

#giclvemeashot

#untouchable135lbschamp

SyFi - Weekend Recap:

Another cracking fight weekend comes to an end at Sydney, it saw a ton of fans making their way to Bondi Arena and Schooners Bar, SFC return to the Top 20(barely hanging on for another day I hope), and 2 new champions crowned.
Thanks to Forge CLothing out of Montreal to provide as with such excellent fight gear, go and shop their shirts off!
But now on to the fight action:
Friday:
The Main Event surely was the highlight fight of the night, Melvin Comeau and Damatang Camara battled their hearts out for a shot at the 205 title, with the winner receiving the next title shot, it was Melvin Comeau, that got a Unanimous Decision in the end. Despite being cut badly Comeau won the last Round with a Champions Heart.
Already a Champion Daishi Kishimoto needed more than one ROund this time to submit Pinched Nerve, from what we heard Kishimoto was that high over the moon, that he without any hassle demanded a shot at the belt one weight class higher, claiming he swept 135 and now is ready to sweep 145, we'll see.
In undercard action Gennady Golovkin showed he want the 155 belt back, beating former contender Pat Williams. At 265+ Hogan and Popov scored commanding wins.
Fight of the night: Melvin Comeau vs Damatang Camara
KO of the night: Itzhak Weinstein
Sub of the night: Mick Dunlop
Saturday:
A fresh night and a new Arena on Saturday, the card was highlighted by 2 title fights. And the Main Event proved to be worthy of a title, Mister McNasty, making his 2nd title Defense, faced Italian Mauro Carnera. And early on Carnera seemed to have found a recipe, taking the champ down, and going for submissions, but the tide turned in Round 3, when McNasty could dominate the clinch, and opened an early cut of the Challenger of further. In Round 4 it was, when the curtain dropped, and McNasty prevailed as the reigning Champion. A great night, and a hard-earned defense.
In the Co-Main Event the 145 vacant belt was on the line, for only 43 seconds, Jazz Clementine wasted no time ending the unbeaten days of Marcos Santana. Denying two takedown attempts and landing crisp punches it was all over.
Immediatly after the fight Clementime came under verbal pressure from 135 Champ Kishimoto, who claims to rule the light devisions of SFC, from what we heard this night, the fight has been offered, and if both sides agree, Kishimoto will get a shot at the Champ.
In the undercard there still was some championship material: Evan Page and Deklek Sitsongrit scored valuable wins at 155, and cemented there claim for becoming a champ sooner or later at that class. In other undercard action, Christian Cyborg made a winning debut at SFC, the veteran now 6-5 could become a force at 145. Also at 135 Yodasawan Sitsongrit battled his way to a decision win over Justin Magnum. Our experts agree, that Yodasawan likely is one of the most talented fighters at 135, and soon could challenge Kishimoto, when he returns from his 145 extravaganza.
Fight of the night: Yodsawan Sitsongrit vs Justin Magnum
KO of the night: Jazz Clementine
Sub of the night: Kimi Loiri
Sunday:
Back in Schooners Bar, it was a Main Event of two fighters, that fought in one of the hardest Creation Tourneys in LA, their upside was huge, and both Blake Phoenix and Billy Arseworth are fighters, that can dominate at 205 in the long run, but first they entertained the crowd in a worthy Main Event. Blake Phoenix received a unanimous decision win, and soon could star in title fights at 205, if he elects to go that route.
In the big bang Title fight of the night, the 155 title saw another twist, once everyone thought Akimbo Spice now having rewon his belt, would go on to dominate the division, we got shocked again. Justin Sane came to town, and won the belt in his 2nd SyFi fight. We have yet to hear reactions from both camps, but the experts agreed, the way Akimbo Spice got taken down twice was World Class by Sane, who then stopped the champ out cold and submitted him in Round 2.
In the undercard, Murphy Brown got himself a rematch ticket with Sane, and KOed Chief Thunder Rolls, to get the right to fight for the title. Both met at NJMMA before.
The undercard was full of talent Harada(170), Benning(185), Harrow(205) and Whitaker(170) could all be future champions and showed the depth that Sydney Fights meanwhile has gotten.
Fight of the night: Blake Phoenix vs Billy Arseworth
KO of the night: Bann Harrow
Sub of the night: Justin Sane
  • Upvote 1