Game speed / fighter ageing

MMATycoon

First, great to have you aboard! Slowly I will put Cozad Montreal out of business! :smile_anim:

Second, no, I don't think the majority of current players will still be around in four years. But that isn't the only way to disagree with your statement. :) I don't think 99% of the current players will still be playing a month from now. And I think that's true regardless of what the game is like. That's largely the nature of online games. 10 to 20 percent are going to fall away every month even if the game is wildly popular.

Personally I'm fine with developing ways that improve the enjoyment of the game for people like yourself who would like a quicker experience; I just don't want it to come at the expense of people like myself who prefer a slower, longer experience. I think slowly moving the game speed down is fine, as long as it doesn't go to far. Personally I like 13 weeks = 1 year, as that results in a nice 1 real world year = 4 game years. The 3 weeks = 1 year proposal means I'm likely gone. Along with that, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to once again allow the creation of older fighters, say 23-27. That way those who want to jump right in and start fighting can do so and will be able to manage a fighter through some of those prime years even if they just play the game 10 months as has been suggested. Mike has said that the reason the original creation ages was changed from a max of 25 was because the older fighters had too much of an advantage in the QFCs, but if a system of tiered QFCs could be created to ensure more equal matchups that might mean older starting fighters could once again be created. Personally I don't do QFCs, but from seeing people complain about long-term project fighters showing up in them now, I think the QFC system is likely needing some fixing even without the addition of 23 - 27 starting fighters.

When you put it that way, I really like your idea lol IMHO 8 weeks would be the best. But if the changes you spoke of were implemented, then 13 weeks would be just dandy =)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic