Thinking about creating a gym - what do I need to know?

ElGeecho

Start it on a Thursday after fees are paid. Or at least don't open on a Wednesday....you'll start it up and have to make a loan payment immediately.

Always hire new coaches on Thursday after fees are paid, for the same reason. Friday's a good day, too, of course. Goes down from there.

You can PM Cozad members some, just don't go nuts and spam people.

Be very carefull where you open it.

And stay on the safe side until you made some cash. Like create a gym with no coaches and ask 25$ for it.

The 19$ gym in las vegas has 200 members.

When you made 8k,9k take the full loan of 50k, and start hiring some coaches.

So look where a 25$ gym is needed.

If all you want to start out with is a conditioning gym, keeping it pristine/brand new, do you need to take out a loan to start, and if so how much? Thinking of making a gym, but i am very hesitant b/c im afraid of screwing myself.

It's still a good idea to take out a loan. 1 elite condition coach is going to cost you $5000 signing fee then $2500 a week. If you really want to keep your class sizes small then you're going to have to get more conditioning coaches. You could probably take out a small loan and pay it off relatively quickly.

What about starting just as a strength/cardio gym? Will gym fee's pay for me to clean/renew the equipment? or do i need a loan to start it? Also, after i've started it, can i take out a loan? Or do i have to do it when i first start.

take the full $50,000 loan you only have to pay the same amount back each week no matter how much you borrow

decide before you start what your aims are for the months ahead

decide what type of gym your going to run ,

EXAMPLE..........

a good way is to employ 2 x elite fitness coaches straight off and set up a clear and easy to follow sparing schedule

dont set the capacity to 200 to start off it puts people off , start at 50 if you need more slots increase then by 10 as you need them

state clearly that its a fitness gym you will be suprised people look for these

if you set fees at $60 to start thats 50 x 60 = $3000 - cleaning costs estimated around $400 balance = $2600

if you borrowed 50,000 you can operate at a loss of just over $2500 for around 10 weeks (but you wont need this long)

thats your basic starter gym , once you have 50 members its up to you , do you expand numbers for more money or raise gym fees ?

and what type of coaches do you add ?

i have had a gym for six weeks and its doing fine , ive managed to keep my fees down , kept numbers reasonable and added at least an elite coach every two weeks

at the momment i have 7 coaches and im adding another friday , you have to plan it but it can be done

hope this help you out

It does, thank you. Question about sparring schedule, am i obligated to have high level figthers sparring at the times i set on the sparring schedule? Or i jsut set the times for gym members to follow and they do their own thing?

Did you have to mail a lot of ppl/make forum posts to get members? Or just kind of set it up and waited.

Question about sparring schedule, am i obligated to have high level figthers sparring at the times i set on the sparring schedule? Or i jsut set the times for gym members to follow and they do their own thing?

No one expects you to have a high level fighter of your own sparring unless you start advertising it. You set the times and the members set their schedules.

As a manager, I would recommend that you set two sparring sessions for each primary skill each week and stagger them so you don't have both boxing sessions on the same day followed by both submission grappling sessions the next day. The diminishing returns will kick in when you have too many sparring sessions in a row, even if they're a different skill.

Find High level fighters who want specific training and charge high prices and elite membership. I got some of the top fighters and low numbers. You won't make money but I make a lot of people happy who sponsor my fighters or at least make sure they got money for top notch gym fees. Message me if you got any questions.

Find High level fighters who want specific training and charge high prices and elite membership. I got some of the top fighters and low numbers. You won't make money but I make a lot of people happy who sponsor my fighters or at least make sure they got money for top notch gym fees. Message me if you got any questions.

Great advice, thanks guys.

Have put the tips to good use and started my own Vegas conditioning gym, Peak Condition...

...and everyone from the whole world of MMA Tycoon, in Las Vegas, are welcome to join!

there is a need for elite training in a lot of cities, Las Vegas will fill your gym @ 600/week in a heartbeat. I have 2 guys there that want to pay 600/week but can't find an opening.

there is a need for elite training in a lot of cities, Las Vegas will fill your gym @ 600/week in a heartbeat. I have 2 guys there that want to pay 600/week but can't find an opening.

i agree with this 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right now is the most perfect time in forever to open a gym and get elite training right away. especially in vegas! theres about 6 or 7 actual gyms and then theres about 1000 of of these bs gyms that mike tycoon is trying to phase out. so eventually these guys are gonna have to start playing the game for real and its gonna be one hell of a dog fight : ) all anyone would have to do right now is hire as many coaches as they can afford and advertise it on the forums and bam! full cap with in a week and the loan paid off also! i guarantee it

a gold rush is coming, mark my words! i dont know how soon but it will happen

I have 3.. (2 more in a week or two)