Limit who can fight in the QFC

Inspired by a friends experience and this thread: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6270

People are fighting entirely too much in the QFC. Either they like trolling other QFC fighters or they just don't know any better, but a 23 year old who is 5-0 should not be in the QFC. I would propose that they be limited by hype or popularity. QFC gives very little of it, but set the limit low and it will serve it's purpose.

Inspired by a friends experience and this thread: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6270

People are fighting entirely too much in the QFC. Either they like trolling other QFC fighters or they just don't know any better, but a 23 year old who is 5-0 should not be in the QFC. I would propose that they be limited by hype or popularity. QFC gives very little of it, but set the limit low and it will serve it's purpose.

it is already limited by hype to where anyone over 75 hype cant fight qfcs

it is already limited by hype to where anyone over 75 hype cant fight qfcs

Ah, didn't know that. Then I propose the limit be lowered a great deal. Or have a limit on frequency related to hype.

OR: Have your hype go down regardless of a win or loss if your hype is over a certain level. After all, a UFC champ fighting in a scrub league would lose some credibility.

Ah, didn't know that. Then I propose the limit be lowered a great deal.

Most people should be out of the QFC after 3-4 wins which is reasonable.

I agree. Thats not always happening which is the problem. The purpose of the QFC is being slanted.

A dude fighting in QFC will be permanently broke (poor quality gym unless sponsored by his manager) and will never rise in the ranks of P4P. As he isn't contracted, he wont' even show up in the weight class rankings. If a guy wants to waste his time, let him.

A dude fighting in QFC will be permanently broke (poor quality gym unless sponsored by his manager) and will never rise in the ranks of P4P. As he isn't contracted, he wont' even show up in the weight class rankings. If a guy wants to waste his time, let him.

I think you are ignoring the larger part that these people are ruining the QFC for others who need it.

Is this any different than a guy who trains his fighter for 4 months before putting him into a QFC fight?

Or a veteran who knows good slider strategy whose new fighter dominates a new fighter created by a rookie manager?

Even if someone's QFC career gets "ruined", the typical QFC career lasts only 1 or 2 fights so it isn't a big deal. And remember: 50% of all fighters involved in QFC fights get a loss. But more than 50% of fighters end up scoring a contract. So a loss in QFC is irrelevant.

Not to be a dick but nobodies forcing you to fight in QFC fights. If you don't like it go straight into an org. Chances are you'll get matched up with someone who is equally matched to your fighter plus your going to get more money in the process.

Good Luck

Not to be a dick but nobodies forcing you to fight in QFC fights. If you don't like it go straight into an org. Chances are you'll get matched up with someone who is equally matched to your fighter plus your going to get more money in the process.

Good Luck

I think you guys are basically saying that the QFC, which I know most use to see how a fighter performs before investing too much time into him, is just not needed so it's okay if it can be exploited or ruined for others. It's a good way to see if a guy has no chin, if he has KO power, etc so you know what you are dealing with before an org has to spend time and resources on you. I think we should limit it to it's purpose and not allow others to exploit it instead of writing them system off as "Well, you don't HAVE to use it, so who cares?"

Ah, didn't know that. Then I propose the limit be lowered a great deal. Or have a limit on frequency related to hype.

OR: Have your hype go down regardless of a win or loss if your hype is over a certain level. After all, a UFC champ fighting in a scrub league would lose some credibility.

No offense Fedor.

I think adding another condition is probably fair. 3 wins maximum would be my suggestion. There's no point having users sign up, get beat and then leave in a huff.

I think it's a bad idea. One of my fighters did not receive a single contract offer until he was 4-1, over a timeline of three weeks. It would be really bad if you had to just stop playing a fighter because his win limit is up and there is no offer.

I think it's a bad idea. One of my fighters did not receive a single contract offer until he was 4-1, over a timeline of three weeks. It would be really bad if you had to just stop playing a fighter because his win limit is up and there is no offer.

I find it really hard to believe your fighter went 4-1 in three weeks.

And did you post in the contract request thread, or PM any org owners?

I find it really hard to believe your fighter went 4-1 in three weeks.

And did you post in the contract request thread, or PM any org owners?

How is that hard to believe? I had a fighter go 5-0 in two weeks http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=21567

I think they hype limit is fine where it is. I did it with this fighter (and am going to do it with more) so they could get max value when he did eventually sign a contract. Granted I would have done it for 3 fights or 10 fights, whenever I couldn't have done it any longer.

I think adding another condition is probably fair. 3 wins maximum would be my suggestion. There's no point having users sign up, get beat and then leave in a huff.

Maybe two divisions of QFC? One for noobs up to 50 hype, one for new fighters over 50 hype or fighters that are out of contract and need a bit of a tune-up, say up to 100 hype? The QFC can be really useful to get a struggling fighter back on his feet, it would be a shame to lose that ability.

Maybe two divisions of QFC? One for noobs up to 50 hype, one for new fighters over 50 hype or fighters that are out of contract and need a bit of a tune-up, say up to 100 hype? The QFC can be really useful to get a struggling fighter back on his feet, it would be a shame to lose that ability.

Thats actually a really good point. If there could be two tiers of fights, that would be great.

getting 2 qfc fights under your belt should be enough to gauge your guys hidden stat. doing more is just bullying the noobs. fight some real competition already.

Also just because you go 5-0 in QFC does not mean you should receive a high end contract, especially if all your opponents were 0-0, 0-1, etc. I say limit it to 3 wins or 2 seperate hype requirements. The QFC was not meant to be a career in the first place. Also as a fighter, if you send some messages out to the org's, you will usually get contract offers back.

One of my first fighters had to go back to QFC after his first contract expired from inactivity. He would have gone hungry and/or without training if I couldn't have had him earn a cool $100 by fighting. It would have been lame to make him beg for food just because he's already had 3 fights.

If you want to do anything... ok so right now only contracted fighters show up in the weight class rankings, right? My suggestion would be to somehow track the hype that was earned in QFC fights and not have them count towards rankings.

That way the outcome of your QFC fight is largely irrelevant other than to be what it's meant to be: figuring out the game/scouting out your new fighter/a way to earn emergency money. And to make it clear to noobs, you'd put some sort of text on the QFC fight booking page. "QFC fights show up on your fighter's record but do not affect his ranking so don't fret over the losses" or whatever.

The problem is setting the QFC to 2 or 3 fights is say someone won two QFC's then went into an org and lost his first fight won his second fight then lost 3 now he's a 3-4 and a good org owner doesn't like fighting people with more losses than wins. Now if the org owner opens him up to QFC's he can only fight one max and he absolutely has to win that one or he's SOL. (p.s. and yes I have been in this situation only I didn't absolutely have to win my QFC)

the problem with this is that currently it is based on Hype, which means that fighters can be 25-30 with low hype, they can still do QFC's, so unless it is based on something other than Hype, this will continue