Jon Jones arrested again

Skenoj

Well, he did hit and run on a pregnant woman.... While driving high...

And Connor is an ALLEGED rapist, so far...

So I dunno.

If the rape stuff do stick I obviously agree with you

John ran into a car... and had to run to hide his stash... not like he lied about it.

I think people get on their high horse too much. This that "eh, big deal move along" shit. Now, let's talk Lee Murray lol.

• Downvote 2

When a hit and run becomes 'eh, big deal move along'-shit, then that's one fucked up world.

It wasn't your typical hit and run. He fled the scene on foot, hid his stash (which would of got him arrested most likely... smart common sense move), and returned to the scene iirc. Could of tried the ole "my car was stolen" trick but w.e.

Not the end of the world. It ain't like he ran some old lady over by running a red light and took off. Vastly different "hit and run" scenarios.

And hit and run shouldn't even be news worthy, celebrity or not.

It wasn't your typical hit and run. He fled the scene on foot, hid his stash (which would of got him arrested most likely... smart common sense move), and returned to the scene iirc. Could of tried the ole "my car was stolen" trick but w.e.

Not the end of the world. It ain't like he ran some old lady over by running a red light and took off. Vastly different "hit and run" scenarios.

And hit and run shouldn't even be news worthy, celebrity or not.

Hit and run can be for two main reasons:

1) being an absolute coward and run away from your responsibilities

2) panic reaction (only human)

In Jones case, he clearly feared the consequences, so he is a coward and that's unacceptable in case of a hit and run.

I couldn't care any less if his acts are newsworthy or not, as long as he is punished correctly for them.

Celeb or not, obey the laws or suffer the consequences.

She was pregnant. Even if he didnt RUN, just HIT.

Hit a pregnant woman while driving high/speeding. Thats a dick move.
Thats way more scum than a supposed rape accusation that didnt even stick yet. All Connor have is a bar fight against a old dude cause of some shitty whiskey. And hey, the old geezer wasnt even phased witht he sucker punch!

Thats all Im saying.
IF the rape accusation stick, yeah, NOW I agree with you Connor is way worse.

Pregnant is irrelevant in the situation. It's not like he intentionally rammed the vehicle. It sucks that the driver was pregnant, obviously, but no way to know that at time of accident.

And even then, you run and hide your stash. Especially if you're black in New Mexico lol. Not saying he did the "right thing", just the logical thing.

Last I heard Connor has 2 rape cases vs him in Ireland. One of them seems Tyson-esque at best, and the other seemed like a mild case of a War Machine coke bender. Think there's a lot of merit to those Mystic Mac nose candy rumors, unfortunately.

Btw... yall realize that his hit and run is an accident right? Yes, the running was intentional but direct result (and understandable reaction considering circumstances) of an accident. An unintentional incident.

If you have ever stolen any thing in your life, even something of insignificant value both financially and/or sentimentally, imo, that makes a much worse person than somebody who exclusively (this excludes JJ...) was involved in a hit and run.

If JJ is scum, it isn't because of anything he's ever been arrested for yet or accused of yet...

Eye pokes would be better drum to beat for the "scum" or "dirt bag" angle. Takes a special kind of prick to intentionally poke people in the eyes lol.

In most states, driving under drugs influence turns from vehicle manslaughter to homicide.
Going out to parte? Getting high? Get an Ubber? Sleep it off and then go home next day. Prepare this stuff before you get high. If you are sobber and you know you are getting out and you will drink/use stuff and you still use your own car, yes, you are calculating the risk you might injure someone and you are still taking that risk.

Bjorn you're from Belgium where jaywalking is probably making the news in whatever village you live in lol.

Barney I'm guessing you're a JJ hater and are emotionally invested in this, or you're just a ... I don't want to insult you really, but can't think of a good word for it...

You're definitely not invited to my party.

If you're a human being and the worst thing people got on you is a little hit and run, pretty solid individual where I'm from lol.

Bjorn you're from Belgium where jaywalking is probably making the news in whatever village you live in lol.

Barney I'm guessing you're a JJ hater and are emotionally invested in this, or you're just a ... I don't want to insult you really, but can't think of a good word for it...

You're definitely not invited to my party.

If you're a human being and the worst thing people got on you is a little hit and run, pretty solid individual where I'm from lol.

Thats not me saying this. Its the the law. Complain to your local politician. You can squirt all you want, it is what it is.

Im just stating the laws of physics that rule your social enviroment. Its a fact.

If anyone that doesnt agree with you " Must be" a "hater" or "emotionally invested", or any other scarecrow fallacy... I dont mind passing the invite too.

Thats not me saying this. Its the the law. Complain to your local politician. You can squirt all you want, it is what it is.

Im just stating the laws of physics that rule your social enviroment. Its a fact.

If anyone that doesnt agree with you " Must be" a "hater" or "emotionally invested", or any other scarecrow fallacy... I dont mind passing the invite too.

Laws are flawed. People break all kinds of laws on a regular basis. On the grand scale of scumbag charges, hit and run and DUI are hardly tipping the scale.

Don't know why you're so adamant he's a scum bag for "hit and run of pregnant woman". Not like he road rage into her on purpose. Accidents happen. Given you many chances to provide other reasons he's a scumbag but you just hammer away at the "hit and run" and his recent traffic incident. That shit is pety. I'd guess that 99% of drunk drivers make it home, 99% of the time... I'm not excusing drinking and driving, shouldn't do it, but it's a very easy and forgivable offense in the grand scheme of things.

In an hour-long interview with MMAFighting.com, Jones said that the night prior to the April 25 incident, Jones slept over at a house where he had gone to a party, believing he was too drunk to drive home. The next morning, the accident occurred.

So, I get in my car and was definitely still really tired, said Jones, who plead guilty to leaving the scene of an accident.

Get in my car and I remember being at a red light and I had my music going. Texting on my cellphone. And I see the light turn green, and I assumed it was my green light, but really, it was a green light for people that were going straight in traffic, and I was actually turning. So, I just stepped on the gas when I saw the green light and I found myself driving right into oncoming traffic.

Jones said that he hit one car, which then collided with another car, resulting in a pregnant woman breaking her arm, but he claimed that he assumed no one was injured since he wasnt hurt. Jones said he freaked out and fled the scene because he assumed the police would think he was driving under the influence of alcohol.

I just felt to myself, man, I went out last night, I havent been home yet, I probably still smell like the night before. I need to get myself out of here, Jones said. This is gonna be terrible, this is gonna be messy. I gotta go. I was afraid, man. I freaked out. I was afraid to talk to the police at the time. So, I just thought I had to get away from this.

Jones left the vehicle, but then came back, looking to retrieve drug paraphernalia from his car, which the police later found.

I got like five yards away from the car and I remember that I had a bowl, a marijuana bowl in my cup holder, Jones said. And so I knew that if the police found that bowl in my car, then everything was going to be so much worse than I thought it should be. And so I ran back, glanced at the cup holder, and the bowl had flown somewhere in the car and I just took off running again.

Also, this interview contradicts what you said earlier about " Running to stash his dope and come back to face authorities"
He ran. Remember he had dope in his car and came back to get his stuff... Then ran again.

Also, this interview contradicts what you said earlier about " Running to stash his dope and come back to face authorities"

He ran. Remember he had dope in his car and came back to get his stuff... Then ran again.

Close enough. Maybe I'm just a more understanding person due to life experiences. We cut from two diff types of cloth my man.

If your first instinct isn't to run when you are about to get in legal trouble, hey, good for you. Fight or flight baby, and you shouldn't fight the law unless it's last stand time or last resort lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

ac·ci·dent

/ˈaksədənt/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: accident; plural noun: accidents

an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

"he had an accident at the factory"

Similar:

mishap

misfortune

misadventure

mischance

unfortunate incident

injury

disaster

tragedy

catastrophe

contretemps

calamity

blow

trouble

problem

difficulty

casualty

a crash involving road or other vehicles, typically one that causes serious damage or injury.

"four people were killed in a car accident"

Similar:

crash

collision

smash

bump

car crash

car accident

road accident

traffic accident

road traffic accident

RTA

multiple crash

multiple collision

rail accident

derailment

air accident

air crash

wreck

smash-up

pileup

shunt

prang

• Downvote 1

ac·ci·dent

/ˈaksədənt/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: accident; plural noun: accidents

an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

"he had an accident at the factory"

Similar:

mishap

misfortune

misadventure

mischance

unfortunate incident

injury

disaster

tragedy

catastrophe

contretemps

calamity

blow

trouble

problem

difficulty

casualty

a crash involving road or other vehicles, typically one that causes serious damage or injury.

"four people were killed in a car accident"

Similar:

crash

collision

smash

bump

car crash

car accident

road accident

traffic accident

road traffic accident

RTA

multiple crash

multiple collision

rail accident

derailment

air accident

air crash

wreck

smash-up

pileup

shunt

prang

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

Terminology

Also called driving while impaired/driving while intoxicated (DWI), drunk driving, operating while intoxicated (OWI), operating [a] vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs (OVI) in Ohio, drink-driving (UK/Ireland), or impaired driving (Canada).

The name of the offense varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and from legal to colloquial terminology. In the United States, the specific criminal offense is usually called driving under the influence, but in some states "driving while intoxicated" (DWI), "operating while impaired" (OWI) or "operating while ability impaired", "operating a vehicle under the influence" (OVI), etc.[2] Such laws may also apply to boating or piloting aircraft. Vehicles can include farm machinery and horse-drawn carriages. Other commonly used terms to describe these offenses include drinking and driving, drunk driving, drunken driving, impaired driving, operating under the influence, or "over the prescribed limit".

In the United Kingdom, there are two separate offences to do with alcohol and driving. The first is "Driving or attempting to drive with excess alcohol" (legal code DR10), the other is known as "In charge of a vehicle with excess alcohol" (legal code DR40) or "drunk in charge" due to the wording of the Licensing Act 1872.[3][4] In relation to motor vehicles, the Road Traffic Act 1988 creates a narrower offense of driving (or being in charge of) a vehicle while having breath, blood or urine alcohol levels above the prescribed limits (colloquially called "being over the limit"); and a broader offense of "driving while unfit through drink or drugs," (DR20 and DR80 respectively) which can apply even with levels below the limits.[5] A separate offense in the 1988 Act applies to bicycles. While the 1872 Act is mostly superseded, the offense of being "drunk while in charge ... of any carriage, horse, cattle, or steam engine" is still in force; "carriage" has sometimes been interpreted as including mobility scooters.[4]

Definition

The criminal offense may not involve actual driving of the vehicle but rather may broadly include being physically in control of a car while intoxicated even if the person charged is not driving.[6][7] For example, a person found in the driver's seat of a car while intoxicated and holding the keys, even while parked, may be charged with DUI, because he or she is in control of the vehicle. In construing the terms DUI, DWI, OWI, and OVI, some states therefore make it illegal to drive a motor vehicle while under the influence or driving while intoxicated while others indicate that it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle. There is a split of authority across the country regarding this issue. Some states permit enforcement of DUI/DWI and OWI/OVI statutes based on "operation and control" of a vehicle, while others require actual "driving". "The distinction between these two terms is material, for it is generally held that the word 'drive,' as used in statutes of this kind, usually denotes movement of the vehicle in some direction, whereas the word 'operate' has a broader meaning so as to include not only the motion of the vehicle but also acts which engage the machinery of the vehicle that, alone or in sequence, will set in motion the motive power of the vehicle." (State v. Graves (1977) 269 S.C. 356 [237 S.E.2d 584, 586-588, 586. fn. 8].

Merriam Webster's Dictionary[8] defines DUI as the "crime of driving a vehicle while drunk; also : a person who is arrested for driving a vehicle while drunk; the act or crime of driving while affected by alcohol or other drugs; a person who is arrested for or convicted of driving under the influence or an arrest or conviction for driving under the influence. In some countries (including Australia and many jurisdictions throughout the United States), a person can be charged with a criminal offense for riding a bike, skateboard, or horse while intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol.[9][10][11]

Negligent drivingFirst degree.
(1)(a) A person is guilty of negligent driving in the first degree if he or she operates a motor vehicle in a manner that is both negligent and endangers or is likely to endanger any person or property, and exhibits the effects of having consumed liquor or marijuana or any drug or exhibits the effects of having inhaled or ingested any chemical, whether or not a legal substance, for its intoxicating or hallucinatory effects.
(B) It is an affirmative defense to negligent driving in the first degree by means of exhibiting the effects of having consumed any drug that must be proved by the defendant by a preponderance of the evidence, that the driver has a valid prescription for the drug consumed, and has been consuming it according to the prescription directions and warnings.
© Negligent driving in the first degree is a misdemeanor.
(2) For the purposes of this section:
(a) "Negligent" means the failure to exercise ordinary care, and is the doing of some act that a reasonably careful person would not do under the same or similar circumstances or the failure to do something that a reasonably careful person would do under the same or similar circumstances.
(B) "Exhibiting the effects of having consumed liquor, marijuana, or any drug" means that a person has the odor of liquor, marijuana, or any drug on his or her breath, or that by speech, manner, appearance, behavior, lack of coordination, or otherwise exhibits that he or she has consumed liquor, marijuana, or any drug, and either:
(i) Is in possession of or in close proximity to a container that has or recently had liquor, marijuana, or any drug in it; or
(ii) Is shown by other evidence to have recently consumed liquor, marijuana, or any drug.
© "Exhibiting the effects of having inhaled or ingested any chemical, whether or not a legal substance, for its intoxicating or hallucinatory effects" means that a person by speech, manner, appearance, behavior, or lack of coordination or otherwise exhibits that he or she has inhaled or ingested a chemical and either:
(i) Is in possession of the canister or container from which the chemical came; or
(ii) Is shown by other evidence to have recently inhaled or ingested a chemical for its intoxicating or hallucinatory effects.
(3) Any act prohibited by this section that also constitutes a crime under any other law of this state may be the basis of prosecution under such other law notwithstanding that it may also be the basis for prosecution under this section.
(4) A person convicted of negligent driving in the first degree who has one or more prior offenses as defined in RCW 46.61.5055(14) within seven years shall be required, under RCW 46.20.720, to install an ignition interlock device on all vehicles operated by the person.

It is not an accident.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You can keep repeating its an accident and that Im wrong. The CDC does not think you are right also, so there is that.

Anyway... I'm done being JJ's lawyer. I told you it was minor, I said he would get no jail time cuz it's some pety ass shit and he has minimal points w pety charges...

And exactly what happened. There's a reason for that, and it isn't because his celebrity status.

I never argued with that. And you can be right here and wrong there (as you are), they are separate issues.

I'm not saying drunk driving is an accident...

I'm saying crashing your car is an accident lol. There's a ton of variables that can lead to a car accident and only takes a fraction of a second to make a mistake in a moving vehicle.

I live in America, I'm aware of our legal terminology for DUI and DWI. Never caught one myself, but definitely should have a few times. Sometimes you just gotta mash that pedal and hope for the best and pray no old ladies are crossing the street or pregnant woman get in your way. If they do, it's their fault. You ever pay GTA? It's on the pedestrian to stay out the car's way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

And the law states that crashing your car while comitting DUI is not an accident, as stated above by your country regulations and the CDC.

We can keep this going on and on with this circular argument forever.

• Upvote 2

And the law states that crashing your car while comitting DUI is not an accident, as stated above by your country regulations and the CDC.

We can keep this going on and on with this circular argument forever.

How the law interprets it is irrelevant dude.

Accident has nothing to do with the terminology of the law.

Idk why you're beating on that drum. Let's roll over to India, law says you're allowed to marry children and fuck them so it's okay.

Read the laws. It says it's ok so it's ok. It's the law. The law is the law did you not read it?

You see the issue w/ what you're doing? Law written by man is irrelevant in the actuality of intentional and unintentional actions. ACCIDENT is ACCIDENT, period. Doesn't always means it's a forgivable accident but if it was unintentional, it's an accident. Unintentional incidents aren't as convicting morally as intentional incidents.

• Downvote 1

How the law interprets it is irrelevant dude.

Accident has nothing to do with the terminology of the law.

Idk why you're beating on that drum. Let's roll over to India, law says you're allowed to marry children and fuck them so it's okay.

Read the laws. It says it's ok so it's ok. It's the law. The law is the law did you not read it?

You see the issue w/ what you're doing? Law written by man is irrelevant in the actuality of intentional and unintentional actions. ACCIDENT is ACCIDENT, period. Doesn't always means it's a forgivable accident but if it was unintentional, it's an accident. Unintentional incidents aren't as convicting morally as intentional incidents.

Jon jones was not driving at India, this is totally irrevelevant, another crappy fallacy

• Upvote 1