TOP 5 Unluckiest Fighters in UFC History

FinalBell

https://youtu.be/vktFoprsfeA

So I decided to make a video on UFC fighters who have been unfortunate not to have achieved more in their careers. Many fighters have been unlucky, however I have chosen to narrow this list down to 5 fighters

My criteria is that circumstances ultimately out of the control of these fighters, has altered their career trajectory in the UFC. From difficult relationships with Dana White, to dodgy decisions and injuries, I've tried to give facts to back up my opinions here.

What's your top 5?

Korean Zombie

Tony Ferg

Tony Ferg can't get his hands on Khabib and tripped on a wire tearing ACL.

Zombie dislocated shoulder vs Aldo after starting to surge back. Zombie gets fluke KOd w no time left. Zombie has to go to army for X amount of years. Zombie got robbed vs Garcia. Head kick vs Roop was pretty legit lol.

Somebody out there used to get robbed by judges frequently... forget who.

• Upvote 3

Korean Zombie

Tony Ferg

Tony Ferg can't get his hands on Khabib and tripped on a wire tearing ACL.

Zombie dislocated shoulder vs Aldo after starting to surge back. Zombie gets fluke KOd w no time left. Zombie has to go to army for X amount of years. Zombie got robbed vs Garcia. Head kick vs Roop was pretty legit lol.

Somebody out there used to get robbed by judges frequently... forget who.

Korean Zombie is a shout actually, forgot about him, quite a few guys have had decision robberies frequently, Mike Pierce, Josh Thomson, Jacare to name a few

Ferguson must be up there, he has been on one of the most legendary streaks ever, ass whooping everyone and he has never competed for the title and he could actually never even get a shot. He is one serious injury away from being screwed, age must be creeping in soon.

Jacare is another one. He went 22-2 from 2003-2015. Avenging one of his losses to Mousasi in that time, the other loss was to Rockholm in Strikeforce. In all that run he some how avoided any title wins, despite a short run with the Strikeforce title. He never competed for the UFC title, he lost a split decision to Romero (which he probably won). Romero got his latest title shot after losing 2 in a row. He is also 4-4 in his latest fights, but 3 of the losses were split decisions. His wins on the other had were decisive finishes. Probably my most favorite fighter to never compete for a title.

Ferguson must be up there, he has been on one of the most legendary streaks ever, ass whooping everyone and he has never competed for the title and he could actually never even get a shot. He is one serious injury away from being screwed, age must be creeping in soon.

Jacare is another one. He went 22-2 from 2003-2015. Avenging one of his losses to Mousasi in that time, the other loss was to Rockholm in Strikeforce. In all that run he some how avoided any title wins, despite a short run with the Strikeforce title. He never competed for the UFC title, he lost a split decision to Romero (which he probably won). Romero got his latest title shot after losing 2 in a row. He is also 4-4 in his latest fights, but 3 of the losses were split decisions. His wins on the other had were decisive finishes. Probably my most favorite fighter to never compete for a title.

Jacare, Ferguson and Maia were actually my top 3, I think Jacare has had terrible luck with decisions, but also could have got a shot before Rockhold did

Jacare, Ferguson and Maia were actually my top 3, I think Jacare has had terrible luck with decisions, but also could have got a shot before Rockhold did

Maia was unlucky in regards to the opponents he faced in his title fights. Anderson and Woodley basically went into those fights and kept distance. They were not really fights, they were there to out point him with slightly more output. Both fights were duds to watch.

Maia was unlucky in regards to the opponents he faced in his title fights. Anderson and Woodley basically went into those fights and kept distance. They were not really fights, they were there to out point him with slightly more output. Both fights were duds to watch.

There was also the fact they gave Woodley a shot before Maia when he was coming off 18 months of inactivity and a win streak of 2 to Maia's 5