SMASH Fighting Championship

16343608306329.jpeg

Butch "Does not get" Frewin

"Yee-haw, another day in the office for Butch and another KO win. Donovan, the son of a gun, came out swingin'. Thought he could maybe gas me by punchin me in the body a few times. That didn't work because I have abs of cold hard steel. You can count 'em like you can count the bullets in my six shooter.

I won't lie though, his initial tenacity surprised me a bit, but then he took me into the clinch. Big mistake. This ol fella is the 2nd stockier heavier guy to try it on me in as many fights, and that's when I really started teeing off on him big time. The round finished up but we were back on it in the 2nd. Got him with a body kick as strong as a mule's, then two punches that connected in the open is all I needed to fold the Doughboy into a calzone.

Be sure to all mosey down to my Buzz page and SMASH that follow button like I SMASH in this org."

• Upvote 2

16558654311502.jpg

Long Hung Dong

Just when Long Hung Dong looked to have his balls against the walls, He lunges in with a STIFF Uppercut. Forcing the Frenchman to tap out due to strikes, with just a mere 15 seconds before the final HORN. It's not every day that Long Hung Dong finds himself at the SHORT END OF THE STICK but when he does, he always RISES up with maximum ERECTION. Good fight Frenchy! Now where is Khabibob's punk ass at? Your next up to get COLD-COCKED by WILLIE WANG DING-A-Lang!!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

16558654311502.jpg

Long Hung Dong

Just when Long Hung Dong looked to have his balls against the walls, He lunges in with a STIFF Uppercut. Forcing the Frenchman to tap out due to strikes, with just a mere 15 seconds before the final HORN. It's not every day that Long Hung Dong finds himself at the SHORT END OF THE STICK but when he does, he always RISES up with maximum ERECTION. Good fight Frenchy! Now where is Khabibob's punk ass at? Your next up to get COLD-COCKED by WILLIE WANG DING-A-Lang!!!!

Unbelievable effort! He just didn't have the stamina to keep up with your girthy fists. He may be young and French, but you showed him too good a time and had him begging for it to stop.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

16343608306329.jpeg

Butch "Does Not Get" Frewin

SMASH 265lb Champion of the WORLD!

"Yeeehaw cowboys and cowgirls! A first round win for yer ol' fella for the SMASH heavyweight championship of the world. I'm very happy about this, but I have heard from my manager there has been some tomfoolery surrounding the legal contract mechanics of my fight. I want to emphasise this is no slight against owner Mr. Biro who has been an upstanding party to all of this, but rather a direct question to the MMATycoon governing body and the commissioner Mike Tycoon.

I signed an additional contract to fight in the 265 division, along with my existing 265+ one. I fought in there and won that belt. However, that 'fight' has somehow counted towards my 265+ contract instead!

On top of that, there seems to be an error in the inscription of my belt as per below! What is the explanation behind this?!"

Fight was definitely at 265 and I am the champ:

unknown.png

But the fight and pay were taken out of my 265+ contract and my 265 one is intact:

image.png.8fa8d56a753c299c9b805af60e324254.png

And my belt has been inscribed with this!

unknown.png

"What in the hill billy, yeehaw, dip-chewin, sister bangin, tarnation indeed!"

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

16181210414291.png

Third Time's the Charm

Editorial of Ryoto Takahashi by Papi Rojo

Ryoto "War Machine" Takahashi (15-6-0) conquered some MMA demons last weekend by defeating veteran featherweight rival Taylor Jack (33-19-2) with a second round submission by way of kimura. The Japanese product of Convicted Fight Club overcame his past failures by defeating the man who previously held bragging rights with 2 wins over him.

Takahashi, a BJJ black belt under Kazuka Fuujin, recorded his 5th submission of his career after he knocked Taylor Jack to the canvas with a massive right hand that had the British fighter rocked.

Ryoto, often critisized for his fight IQ and letting fighers he hurts off the hook, immediately followed his opponent to the ground and went to work, putting his slick jiujitsu skills on display. He worked for a kimura before threatening with an arm triangle. It looked tight but he released it and adjusted with a tight kimura that nearly ripped Taylor Jack's arm out of it's socket.

With that victory Ryoto Takashi, the surging prospect in SMASH's featherweight division, moved to 6-5 at 145, and hopes to keep the momentum moving in the right direction. Ryoto, through a translator, told the crowd how happy was to submit his rival in front of all the fans that came out to see him, and he loved his fans that stood with him despite the relative lack of buzz about a third fight between these two.

Ryoto made it clear, nobody on the planet wanted this fight more than him, because he knew he was the better fighter and that it was his duty to prove it to everybody else watching, all the doubters and naysayers. For Takahashi, the third time was the charm in this series between two very talented fighters.

• 2 weeks later...

16181210414291.png

Calling a year in which you earn your second title shot in four fights a “tough one” seems strange, but that’s where Ryoto Takahashi is at the moment. The 30-year-old Japanese fighter who fights out of Convicted Fight Club is scheduled to take on all-action veteran and SMASH featherweight and lightweight double champ, Mama Tosen.

It's a quality matchup between a couple of the finest fresh talents at 145 pounds, although Tosen is a bit more battle-tested coming off a string of impressive finishes over Biabas Kitjakarn, Rob Roy, and Taylor Jack. While it’s a pairing that serves Takahashi well should he get his hand raised, it didn’t add any extra zest to his training camp.

“I don’t need motivation,” Takahashi told us. “This is my job. I go, every day, to my job and do what I have to do. That’s it. Sometimes I have motivation. Sometimes, (I don’t). I don’t look for motivation…I do what I have to do. That’s it.”

5-1 in his last 6 professional fights, Takahashi entered SMASH known more for his grappling prowess. In his first four fights on the regional scene, all four wins came via submission. However, something shifted as he trained with the coaches at Convicted Fight Club. 6 of his opponents have since suffered stoppage losses quite literally to Takahashi’s hands.

Takahashi said those results are less about his quality of striking – which he says has always been strong but improving – and more so about the gameplan he brought to the fight. Additionally, if anyone has any sort of doubts about his grappling, he points to the trilogy fight with Taylor Jack, which featured Takahashi knocking his rival to the floor with a big punch before diving in to finish him off with a kimura.

Tosen does represent Takahashi’s first crack at a legitimate Top 10 ranked opponent, but he isn’t putting any more expectation or pressure on himself because of that.

“Every fight is my biggest test,” he said. “It doesn’t matter if my opponent is Mama Tosen or Frito Lei. Every fight is the most important fight of my life.”

His own mentality aside, Tosen presents an intriguing puzzle to Takahashi. He is a marauding grappler with an intelligent aggression about him when he pursues submissions. Tosen chains those attempts together well while keeping control, so the wrestling exchanges will prove crucial. He also has some fight stopping firepower on the feet, which he's showcased in his last 6 fights.

That said, Takahashi’s confidence is perhaps one of his best traits. Whether he is pressing the action or fighting on the back foot, he never wavers in his ability to work a problem out and find a path to victory.

“Tosen is a skilled fighter on the ground, but that’s it,” Takahashi said. “People think it’s a tough matchup for me, but (only) people think like this. Not me. I don’t think so. I think it’s a normal fight for me. He’s number 1 in the rankings. He’s a tough guy, but I’m going to put him to sleep in the first round.”

As 2022 reaches its conclusion, Takahashi sees big things ahead in 2023.

After beating Tosen, he expects to be the top ranked featherweight in the weight class. Takahashi doesn't rule out moving up to Lightweight to rematch Tosen for his Lightweight title should he successfully take the featherweight title from him this weekend.

“I’m better anywhere the fight takes place,” Takahashi said. “I’m better than him. Somebody is going to lose, and it’s not going to be me. If I take one title, why not two?”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

16167600084144.gif

3 Months after announcing his signing into SMASH, "Immortal" Riley Hatfield is the new Lightweight Champion. Once losing 5 fights in a row, the time traveling cowboy has turned his career completely around by winning the belt. It makes sense, given that he's had infinite milennias to hone his craft. Read his story here

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.8e2c180f5b76b8e6a7065c39211facb0.png
Patrick Thomas:
I came in here to make something clear, I will get my hands on that belt and I exactly know the gameplan of the champ like probably everyone else but lately not a single person was able to stop him for whatever the reason is.
My takedown defense will be enough for him and I will knock him out inside 2 rounds to become the new champion, that one dimensional joke of a fighter won't even come close to being a threat for me.
That's not an insult, that is just a fact of life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1620264916Logo.jpg
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN 
WELCOME TO SMASH 153!! 

We are delighted to provide you with some high-level action during your stay with us so let’s get right into it and meet the stars of tonight's show. 

Butch "Does not get" Frewin 18-15 vs Dan "Doughboy" Donovan 16-14

We are going to start off with a clash of the super heavyweights that should be a real treat for the fans of violence so be sure to not miss it! 

On the one hand we have Butch, our former champion that came into the promotion and after racking up a 3-fight winning streak got to the title fight which he won by defeating Haise Sasaki, but we are not going to teach you the history so let’s get straight to the points. 
Butch had it rough lately, he lost his title and another title shot after that, 2-3 in his last 5 he is looking to get himself back into the title contention. 
In the octagon across him will be standing Dan Donovan that got his first title shot in our promotion in his last outing, but his fairy tale didn’t last long because the fight got stopped under 2 minutes due to some bad cuts, he sustained in there against our current champion Yago Nascimento. 

This will be the second time these 2 gentlemen square off with each other, as some of SMASH fans might remember in the first fight between these 2 Butch got the better of Donovan winning by KO at the beginning of the second round, will this fight go any different? 
We can for sure guarantee you that the fight won’t last long considering both fighters are known to finish (or get finished) their fights quickly with combined 62 finishes between them. 

My pick: Butch Frewin by 1st round KO/TKO 

I do think that Butch is just a better fighter, Donovan has zero Muay Thai and Butch showed that in their first outing, this one might go the same as the last time with Butch clinching up with Donovan and battering him with strikes to get a finish either from the clinch or from the distance.

Now let’s move on to our co-main event of the evening 

Grigoriy Petrov 25-12-3 vs Rasmus "The Awp" Reedtz 28-14-0

In our co-main event we will see another fight between the 2 fighters that know each other very well with their first fight dating back to 7 years ago. 
This one is a classic striker vs grappler match-up with one of the fighters seeking that first win against their foe, third time’s a charm? 

Grigoriy Petrov is on a roll lately with 10-fight streak without a loss, with last 2 of his outings against Mama Tosen earning him the fight of the night bonuses and I can assure you that the winner of this one is going to fight for the belt next (hopefully my boss won’t fire me for spilling out the beans, Jesus the first day of the job and getting fired would be hilarious), but who will it be? 
Petrov is a great striker that mixes up every aspect of his stand-up game really well and knows how to get that desired win at the end of the day (most likely by decision). 
Unfortuantelly for him, across the octagon will be standing his kryptonite, the guy that has his number it seems, our former champion Rasmus Reedtz. 
Rasmus is coming off a loss in his second title defence against Riley Hatfield by unanimous decision, but he doesn’t seem to get affected by that so far and is looking forward to getting his title back, but he has to defeat Petrov once again to get to the desired fight. 
In their first fight Petrov lost in a razor close fight by the Majority Decision, but do you remember that streak Petrov is riding so far? 10 fights without a loss? (2 draws in a row in there therefore it is not a 10-fight winning streak) Yeah so, the fight between his streak began was the one against, yep you guessed it Rasmus Reedtz that managed to submit Petrov inside a round. 
Will the history repeat itself?Or maybe Petrov will finally overcome his foe and show him and everyone else that he is ready for a title shot?

My official prediction: Grigoriy Petrov wins by Split Decision
Tbh I think that the momentum that Petrov is riding will give him a lot, also considering that he is eager to finally get one up against Rasmus will motivate him even more, but knowing how good Rasmus really is We should expect once again a close fight between the 2 that will most likely end in a controversy.

AND NOW ONTO OUR MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING AND IT IS FOR THE WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

THE CHALLENGER, FIGHTING OUT OF SHEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM

THOMAS “THE VIKING” HEARN 19-11

AND NOW THE REIGNING, DEFENDING CHAMPION, FIGHTING OUT OF TAMPERE, FINLAND 
KAKI MOUNTAIN 24-12

In our main event We are going to witness Kaki Mountain trying to defend his title for the 3rd time in a bout against surging contender in “The Viking”. 

Hearn is known for dragging his opponents into deep waters (or getting dragged into there by them) with 23 fights of his out of 30 going to a decision and coming out victorious in 14 of them, but since signing with our organisation he is undefeated going 3-0 all by Unanimous Decision with his last win being against former champion in Armad Bates earning him this title shot. 
Hearn is not the type that likes to hug with his opponents, he just wants to stand and bang with them, and he should be getting his wish in a fight against our champ Mountain. 
Kaki is coming of a unanimous decision win against Chad Smith where he showed superiority against his opponent with a great mix of punches and kicks and has managed to avenge his loss to Smith and going 2-1 against him. 
Even though We can’t forget that Mountain has some finishing abilities we have to keep in mind that “The Viking” that will be standing across from him is really tough to finish in there with only 2 losses of his being inside the distance, one by submission and one by KO. 
Do I think that Mountain will finish him? Unlikely 
But Do I think if that’s possible? Absolutely 
Hopefully we will see a good title fight between these 2 with (most likely) 5 rounds of action on our hands. 

My official prediction: Kaki Mountain by Unanimous Decision 

I do think that the fight might be closer than some people might think, but I feel like Mountain will be able to just get the better of Hearn in some of the exchanges and edge it out with a 48-47 Unanimous decision across the board.

Thanks for your attention and see you tomorrow for the preview of another top 3 fights, this time of Sundays event!

• Upvote 1

1620264916Logo.jpg
WELCOME EVERYBODY ONCE AGAIN!
Let's start right away without wasting your time and let's get to another portion of action!

We might have a fight with future title implications on our hands in this one, the winner might be the next one in line for the Light Heavyweight Title so keep an eye on these 2!

Mara Tantor 13-5 vs Wallace Cobb 32-12

Mara Tantor came into the org with a bang when he knocked out Basko Godwin via head kick in the second round earning him the KO of the night award, but then he cam across 2 obstacles in Leonzar Kennedy and Anthony Ochoa, losing both times via stoppage KO/TKO, he managed to bounce back in his last one with a spectacualar finish of Arniquez Montgomery with a flying knee with under a minute, but we have to keep in mind that Montogmery is not the best caliber of opponent, so therefore this one will be a real test for Cobb.
Despite his age of 43, Wallace Cobb is still dangerous and crafty, coming off a win in his SMASH debut getting a TKO finish in the second round against Kenichi Misahawa, these 2 will seek for the finish in there, but being truly honest I do have my favourite in this one.

My official prediction: Wallace Cobb via KO/TKO in the 2nd round

Yes I know that Cobb is old, Yes I know that he is smaller when it comes to both height and weight, yes I know he is past his prime, but I feel like despite the power that Tantor possesses he will be able to overcome this challenge, he should be more technical and is more experienced than his opponent, after a wild first round I just feel like Cobb will manage to catch Tantor with something to finish him off.

In our co-main event We will witness a fight to determine the next contender for the welterweight championship in a fight between

Armad "The Preacher" Bates 16-13-3 vs "Hanging" Chad Smith 32-26

This is the second time these 2 will square off against each other, in their first meeting Bates was able to edge out a 29-28 decision with his grappling being the key factor in the 3rd round giving him the win, will he opt to it once again?
Despite both fighters coming of a loss, neither one of them has to be ashamed of it,
Bates came up short against the current challenger to the belt in Thomas Hearn losing by a unanimous decision 30-27 all across the board, while Smith is coming off a title fight loss against Kaki Mountain by a Unanimous Decision.
Both fighters will be looking to show the best they can to prove that they are both worthy next title shot.
Smith has to keep the fight on the feet if he wants to win this one, remember that in the first fight he was able to stagger and hurt Bates in the second round but was not able to capitalize and finish the fight.
On the other hand Bates might have to mix up his grappling once again and try to either submit Smith or grind it out to a decision.

My official prediction: Chad Smith by KO/TKO

I feel like this might be that fight where Smith will go all out and just try to take the head off of his opponent, I give him a slightly more chance to do it tho than for Bates to win by a decision, maybe 60-40 for Smith in my opinion.

AND NOW ONTO OUR MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING 
AND IT IS FOR THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! 

THE CHALLENGER, FIGHTING OUT OF BELEM, BRAZIL
ARTHUR MENEZES 37-20-1 

AND HIS OPPONENT, THE REIGNING CHAMPION FIGHTING OUT OF KRAKÓW, POLAND
"POLISH SKULL" MICHAŁ KOWALKIEWICZ 21-5

Ladies and Gentlemen we have another treat on our hands with the middleweight king back on his throne, seeking to finally slay his bitter rival that dethroned him from the top and defeated him twice in a row.
Kowalkiewicz is truly a naturally gifted fighter, winning championships in grappling, KT and of course MMA in our organisation, he knows how to get what he wants and the only thing that he wants right now is to knock Menezes out.
Michał was riding a 13-fight winning streak with 8 of those wins being title fights in our org, 7 title defences in other words a total domination, the king of the mountain, but every good story has to come to an end eventually.
In their first fight everything seemed like it was going well, the first round was close with Menezes most likely edging it out, but the fans were only speculating when will The Champ strike down and it happened in the second round, Menezes got sent to the canvas twice in that round courtesy of a massive uppercut and a big right hand but he was able to survive, but then it was all Menezes in there, completely shutting down Kowalkiewicz with his suffocating pace and grappling finally getting 4th round submission and becoming the new champ.
There was an imidiate rematch naturally, but mostly the same thing happened, Menezes grappling was just too much and he managed to submit Kowalkiewicz in the 5th round, with Arthur being in the lead 3-1 before the finish.
Menezes then went on to lose the title to Alexander Borgia whom Kowalkiewicz defeated later on to become a new champ and now We are here once again, third bout between these 2, Will the Skull finally have an answer for that pace of Menezes? Or maybe the same the story will repeat itself and Menezes will go 3-0 against argubly the best middleweight in SMASH in decent memory?

My official prediction: Menezes via 3rd round submission

As much as I do think that Kowalkiewicz is capable of knocking Menezes out, I think he will have a hard time once again, and if he will show up like he did in his last outing against Arthur he might be tapping even faster than the last time.

Thanks for your attention everyone and see you next week for another 2 card previews, have a nice weekend!

• Like 1

1620264916Logo.jpg
Welcome everyone!
We are going straight to the business,

We will see a fight between 2 of the top fighters at 170 pound division, the winner of this one will be most likely one fight away from getting a title shot so keep your eyes on both of these Gentlemen.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau vs Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Eric Osiris

Raphaël Ambrosius "Tequila Sunset" Costeau 17-11-1 
vs
Eric Osiris 17-10-2

We have some good striking action on our hands in this one with both of the fighters not shying away from a good brawl.

Costeau is currently 8-5 in the promotion but he is yet to have his chance at winning the gold, Frenchman seems to have problems with keeping a consistent streak going but maybe his last fight against Jimmy Lee was the beginning of one? A crafty striker will seek his chance at gold, this fight will definitely bring him closer to that, remember that he was a good challenge for the now current champion in Kaki Mountain losing in a good effort 30-28 on 2 judges scorecards, so we know what he is capable of when he is at his best. Osiris is also coming off a win against Jimmy Lee (ironic), also with unanimous decision showing his superiority in the striking department over Lee, hopefuly Osiris will be well rested on the day of the fight knowing well that his manager was absent lately, but it seems like he is slowly coming back to being more regular again. Osiris is currently 3-1 after dropping back down to welterweight division and it seems like he is finding his footing in there. Hopefully we will see a good fight between the 2 that will bring us a good emotions during it.

My official prediction: Fight will end via Decision, most likely Costeau
The fight is close but I slightly favor Costeau, he showed himself a bit better against Jimmy Lee and I think that the fight Mountain showed what he can be capable of, but I wouldn't be surprised if Osiris gets the nod.

And now onto our co-main event that will give us most likely a great grappling match-up in the Heavyweight division.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Abubakar Camara vs Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Eugeniy Tryastsyn

"Dune Cricket" Abubakar Camara 21-4 
vs
Eugeniy "Moro" Tryastsyn 12-7

The return of "Dune Cricket" into the octagon of Smash, one of the greatest grapplers of all time steps back to continue his MMA career, one of the best additions to our roster lately a - x12 Catch Wrestling Champion who finally decided to get back onto the MMA scene has managed to go 3-1 in our organisation with all of his outings earning him the of the night award (2 subs of the night and 2 fights of the night), his only loss is by a way of Majority Decision to Anthony Wayne in another grappling heavy bout, Camara is seeking another stunning performance that would earn him "of the night" bonus as well as would get him closer to a title shot.
Tryastsyn is the one looking to spoil the party of Camara, he on his own is riding a 3-fight winning streak with his latest outing being a second round submission win against Anzor Dankovich that earned him a sub of the night award, therefore we can expect a good treat for the grappling fans.

My official prediction: Abubakar Camara via 2nd round submission
I feel like Camara will show his superiority when it comes to grappling, I know that sometimes it went the other way than expected when it comes to him but I think that he might be finding his footing again and will show that in this one.

AND NOW ONTO OUR MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING 
AND IT IS FOR THE LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! 

THE CHALLENGER IS FIGHTING OUT OF BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND

15748738225854.gif
PATRICK "THE TITAN" THOMAS 21-13
vs
AND NOW THE REIGNING, DEFENDING 205 POUND CHAMPION, FIGHTING OUT OF MALMO, SWEDEN

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - David Choke
DAVID CHOKE 24-12-1

Ladies and Gentlemen We have another good one on our hands, David Choke is looking to defend his title for the 4th time in a row, but across the octagon from him he will face someone who seems like a perfectly all arounded fighter in Patrick Thomas. Thomas is riding a 2-fight winning streak currently, while being 4-1 in the promotion in overall, with his only loss coming from a close decision loss to Anthony Ochoa, after which he bounced back with a KO win with a little over a minute against Spencer Rubenstein and after that managed to get a majority decision win over the former champion and top contender in Leonzar Kennedy which earned him a shot at gold. Thomas is a hard hitting Brit with a granite chin that doesn't seem to go down and packs a punch, We are yet to know how good is his takedown defence tho and We are most likely going to find that out in this bout. The Champ David doesn't like to go the distance and he doesn't seem to change up his gameplan, his plan is simple and well known, shoot for a takedown and look to get a sub for a win, he is currently coming off another win against Chad Bartz in his last outing with the submission in the 1st round, we have to also keep in mind that he took the belt from Vincent Lomax when he tapped him out in little over a minute of the 1st round, David is always dangerous and Patrick will have to be aware of that all the time during this fight. We also have to keep in mind something else, Thomas has power and Choke is known to get finished by KO/TKO so this one has fireworks written all over it!

My official prediction: The Fight will end until the 4th round starts, either Thomas by KO/TKO or Choke via Submission
I won't pick any sides mostly due to the fact that Thomas is my fighter and I don't want my opinion to be biased and influence anyone, I just feel like the fight will end in either 1st, 2nd or 3rd round.

Thank you for your attention and see you tomorrow!

• Like 1

1620264916Logo.jpg
WELCOME EVERYONE!
We are giving you another top fights of the card preview, enjoy!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Yasha Big MouthvsMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Prince McVicker
Yasha "Ferocious" Big Mouth 27-13 vs Prince McVicker 13-4

The first fight will be a bantamweight bout for the vacant championship, between former Smash champion and a former RISE champion. Big Mouth's reign has lately came to an end after clearing out the top of the division he came across Richard Morrison in what seemed like a favorable match-up for the champion, and for the majority of the fight it seemed like it, but the power of Morrison was too much to overcome and in the 3rd Richard finished Yasha and became the new champion. Naturally an immidiate rematch was set, and it was a mirror image of their first fight, Yasha dominated first 2 rounds just to get finished in the 3rd by Morrison, currently Morrison has left Smash to pursue a title in Combate, leaving the division without a champion, Big Mouth is seeking his throne back in what seems like another favorable match-up but it seems like we can't be sure of it. In front of him will be standing Prince McVicker, a former RISE champion that recently signed up with Smash after finishing his RISE run on a 2 fight-losing streak, so why exactly is this the fight? Any other contender seemed occuppied or unable to step up to the fight in time and considering current situation with Richard leaving the division that's the direction the title fight went. McVicker is known for his relentless wrestling and ground and pound heavy style of fighting that seems to have a lack of that finishing blow, it is possible for him to drag the fight to the deep waters but in my opinion if he won't be able to take Yasha down, it might be just a formality for our previous champ.

My official prediction: Yasha Big Mouth by KO/TKO in the 2nd round

Yasha is far better striker and there's no doubt about that and McVicker doesn't have power to knock him out and cause an upset like Morrison did before, Yasha might either drag that fight to a decision or finish it early, I feel like the second option is more likely to happen.

In our Co-Main event we will see a clash between 2 former title challengers at feathwerweight.
Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Anthony MerelvsMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dill Nickle
Anthony Merel 22-14 vs "The Real Deal" Dill Nickle 13-9

In our Co-Main event we will see a clash between 2 former title challengers at feathwerweight. Both of these fighters will most likely look to make a statement to get back into the title picture as soon as possible, most likely this fight is a title eliminator so the winner will be waiting for his next opponent that would be decided most likely in the next weeks card. Anthony Merel has lost only twice under Smash banner, with one of those losses being a title fight not so long ago against Cadence Collins but he managed to get back onto a winning track with his latest win against Lars Kay via Unanimous Decision which earned him a fight of the night bonus. Despite Merel coming up short against Collins in the second round he still is a credible and a good fighter that can make another run for the title and a win in this one might grant him that opportunity. Dill Nickle is coming off a loss also to Cadence Collins BUT he showed up well in that bout, managed to fight through all 5 rounds and made it a competitive fight and not a complete 50-45 shut out. Nickle will try to mix up his striking with the grappling that is his key to victory considering that Merel already lost via submission 6 times in his career, but Merel might be looking to score a KO win as well knowing his abilities on the feet and the fact that Nickle has been knocked out before in his career, but he can't be overthrowing stuff because Nickle might capitalize on it to get this fight to the ground.

My official prediction: Anthony Merel via 2nd round KO/TKO

Merel on paper seems like a better fighter, but if he comes out guns blazing he might get taken down and subbed by Nickle or at least controlled to a decision, but let's take into the consideration that Nickles morale are not at the highest point possible, therefore we might see a finish from Merel, hopefully we will see a good scrap nevertheless right before our high stake main event.

AND NOW FOR OUR MAIN EVENT A LIGHTWEIGHT CLASH AND IT IS FOR THE BIG PRIZE! THE LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.

THE CHALLENGER, FIGHTING OUT OF RIO DE JANEIRO BRAZIL BY THE WAY OF TIMBUKTU MALI

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Damian Tonon
Damian "Snake" Tonon 22-13-1
vs
AND NOW FIGHTING OUT OF HYDE PARK KANSAS CITY USA, THE REIGNING, DEFENDING LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPION

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Riley Hatfield

"Immortal" Riley Hatfield 20-10

Tonon is currently riding a 2-fight winning streak, in both of those fights he has been awarded a fight of the night bonus therefore earning him a title shot against The "Immortal", Damian is well known for his durrability and submission game, 2 major things that might be needed to finally get that precious title. We have to keep in mind that the champion won't let go off his title so easily, after losing his debut in Smash he has been on a tear going on a 5-fight winning streak that earned him a shot at the gold against Rasmus Reedtz which he capitalized on with a UD win to capture the title, after that he managed to finish Gianni Catellana via head kick in the 1st round to defend his title, and now he is looking to do the same thing and add another defence to his reign. Knowing pretty well that Tonon is hard to finish we might see a 5 round affair that should end with a decision for either one of the fighters, we also have to keep in mind that the winner of this fight has his next opponent most likely set, because Rasmus Reedtz is waiting for the winner to get his belt back.

My official prediction: Riley Hatfield via Unanimous Decision

I just think that The "Immortal" is superior to his opponent, I'm not saying that this will be a total shut out but I just feel like Hatfield will be able to come out victorious and defend his title once again.

That would be all for this week, thank you for your attention and see you in the next one!

• Upvote 2

1620264916Logo.jpg
Welcome!
Let's start another weekend of action right now!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Haise SasakivsMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Fedor Shabanov
Haise Sasaki 25-12 vs Fedor Shabanov 31-21

LET'S START WITH A BANG!

Former 3x time Smash heavyweight champion is getting right back into the action, Sasaki is coming off a month and seeks to get back into the win column, last time when we saw him in the octagon he came up short in a bout against Vincent Lomax and lost his title, hopefully a win or 2 will get him his desired title shot once again His opponent Fedor has been on a rough path lately, 1-3 with his new manager is not a good start, and knowing well that his next opponent is Sasaki, another loss might be added. Fedor on paper tho looks to be a better fighter, he has better boxing and wrestling with Sasaki having an advantage in Muay Thai (we don't care about BJJ in this match-up, sorry BJJ enthusiasts, so like 5 people). The fight should end pretty fast, both fighters don't like going to decisions, with 89 combined fights of these two there was a finish in 80 of those bouts, so we can guarantee you a good portion of action in this one.

My official prediction: Haise Sasaki via KO/TKO 1st round

Knowing the latest form of both fighters and their opposition, we can clearly see who should be a better fighter after all, also Fedore being 1-3 under his new management might be a nail in the coffin for him in this fight against a former champion.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Mama TosenvsMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Gianni Castellana
Mama Tosen 23-15 vs Gianni Castellana 28-19

In our co-main event we might have another good fight with some title implications in the future.
Seems like our former 2-division champion Tosen might want to stay a bit more in the lightweight division and earn his title back, but it might take some wins, after dropping his title to most probably a current number 1# Contender to lightweight championship and a former champ Rasmus Reedtz, he has lost another 2 fights in a row both to Grigoriy Petrov with both outings earning a fight of the night award, but finally Tosen has managed to get back into the win column with a 1st round KO against Rockwell McGee and now seeks to get back into the 155 title conversation with a win over Castellana that would most likely get him pretty close that. Gianni is coming off a loss in a title fight against Riley Hatfield and now is looking to get back into the win column as well as get his name back into the title picture, and a win over Tosen might be just the thing needed for him. Despite Gianni being a bigger fighter (when it comes to his weight) he is the smaller of the 2 and the one that has a tendency to getting finished more often than not, meanwhile Tosen is pretty hard to finish with himself having an ability to end his opponents night before the final bell.

My official prediction: Mama Tosen via 2nd round KO/TKO

I think that Tosen is more capable fighter of the 2, he is better everywhere on paper as well as he is hard to finish as mentioned before with having an ability to finish his opponents, therefore for me it is a no brainer in this one.

AND NOW FOR THE MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! A NUMBER #1 CONTENDER BOUT FOR THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Yago NascimentovsMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Mike Boomer
Yago "Grande Guerreiro" Nascimento 25-10 vs Mike Boomer 17-4

We have a good scrap on our hands Ladies and Gentlemen! Our super heavyweight champion "Grande Guerreiro" has his sight set onto heavyweight champion Vincent Lomax to become a double champion but will he succeed in this bout against Boomer? So far Nascimento is flawless in Smash , going 3-0 with all fights being finished in the 1st round via courtesy of TKO, won the title of Butch Frewin to then defend it against Dan Donovan, will he add both Boomer and after that Lomax to his collection? We have to remember that Mike Boomer is a fighter to keep an eye for, despite going 3-2 in Smash so far and coming up short in a fight for the title against Haise Sasaki and then dropping one to John Fury he has managed to bounce back against Frewin and Inspektor Gee, both with a 2nd round finish and now he is looking to get a big statement win against the current super heavyweight champion Nascimento, but will he be able to? Boomer won't back down from the fight and will bring the fire to Nascimento even if he would like to keep it a bit safer, but considering that statement might be needed we might have a treat for the fans of violence.

My official prediction: Yago Nascimento via TKO in the 1st round

Despite Boomer being dangerous I think that Nascimento might be more calculated in his approach in this one and will have a good shot selection to hurt his opponent and finish him in the 1st.

And that should be enough for today, see you tomorrow!

1620264916Logo.jpg
And now let's move onto our second event of the week!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Andrei AveryanovvsMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Chad Bartz
"Polkovnik" Andrei Averyanov 17-9 vs Chad Bartz 19-9

We are starting off with the return of a former lightheavyweight title contender in Chad Bartz that would be taking on Andrei Averyanov under the new management that has already managed to get a win with his new staff. Bartz came up short once again in a bout against David Choke in which he got submitted in 4 minutes of the 1st round but he has shown us already that he is able to bounce back after such a defeat so we can assure everyone that Bartz will try to put on a good performance to get his name back into the title talks, but in front of him would be another man that seeks to get into that title picture in Andrei Averyanov. Russian is 3-3 so far in Smash but as we mentioned he is under a new management and has already managed to get himself a win, can he make it 2-0 then? I feel like this might be an explosive fight with both men coming out guns blazing and seeking for the finish, we know that both are capable of that as well as both can get finished by a KO or TKO, so we can expect a 2 warriors that would try to put on a show to get their title opportunity soon.

My official prediction: Chad Bartz via 3rd KO/TKO

Both men are capable of fighting at a high level, but we have to keep in mind that Bartz is 7-2 in his last outings, with both losses coming by the way of a champion so we can see that Bartz has been tearing his opposition, I feel like he might just be a better boxer than Andrei and therefore he should get a W that would get him closer to a title shot.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Anthony WaynevsMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Anzor Dankovich
"Mad" Anthony Wayne 21-10 vs Anzor Dankovich 22-12

Our co-main event is a bout in a heavyweight division between a former champion that seeks to find his footing once again after some lackluster performances and a new gun (who in fact is older than Anzor) that seeks to stamp his name onto the history books of Smash.
Anthony Wayne came into the org as already a well known name in a fighting scene which only exceeded while in the org, 3-1 with the org and a MASSIVE win over one of grappling Best Abubakar Camara with a majority decision in which he has managed to survive on the ground and get a nod, after that he lost to Vincent Lomax so no shame in that and he has already managed to bounce back from that with a win over Tau Masunwendinghamar with a second round TKO stoppage.
Meanwhile Anzor Dankovich our veteran and well known to Smash audience has been on a decline lately it seems, but we might be looking at his return to his previous self, after losing 3 fights by a stoppage he has managed to finally get a much needed and desired win with a 1st round KO of Tommy Weismuller, is this a beginning of his redemption arc?
As you can imagine, the fight is at heavyweight between 2 bleeders, so you can expect a lot of violence, blood and bombs being thrown around.

My official prediction: Anthony Wayne via 2nd round TKO via cuts

I'm picking Wayne purely based on a fact that he has shown us a better showings lately in his bouts.
I wouldn't be surprised if Anzor manages to pull this one of tho, so let's just watch the chaos unfold.

AND NOW ONTO OUR MAIN EVENT AND IT IS FOR THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

THE CHALLENGER FIGHTING OUT OF N'DJAMENA CHAD

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Penkosip Bizihwaile
Penkosip Bizihwaile 23-18

VS

THE REIGNING AND DEFENDING CHAMPION FIGHTING OUT OF BELEM, BRAZIL

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Arthur Menezes
Arthur Menezes 38-20-1

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, we are out to witness a pretty fast turn around fight for our champion, let's remind everyone that he has fought Kowalkiewicz not so long ago on 2nd of the April, so we can tell that the confidence behind an old gun like Menezes is pretty admirable, but he is aware of his skills and it seems like he knows that his next opponent should be an easier challenge than Kowalkiewicz was, would that be the case? Bizihwaile after dropping 2 fights after his debut fight at Smash in which he won via KO, has lately managed to get back onto winning tracks with 3 KO wins which earned him that opportunity for a title fight, in his last bout he managed to make a statement knocking out Alexandre Borgia in little over a minute of the first round, Bizihwaile is buzzing with confidence and seems to think that Borgia is a better fighter than Menezes, which obviously is not true but it seems like Penkosip needs to up value his wins to make himself feel better, but would that help him in any way?

My official prediction: Menezes via Submission in the 1st or 2nd round

We have seen that Penkosip can get taken down by a worse wrestlers than Menezes, Vermeulen being example, if Menezes manages to take down Penkosip which in my opinion will happen at least once then it might be a wrap but I'm not saying that Penkosip doesn't stand a chance of course, if he manages to keep it on the feet long enough he might be able to knock Menezes out but it might be a tough task to do.

Have a nice weekend everyone and see you next week!

• 2 weeks later...

Rankings Update 2023-04-25

135 LBS Division

C Yasha Big Mouth

1 Charlie River

2 Michael Bostic (+5)

3 Tiaoali Lvavatia

4 Jaro Lalla (+2)

5 Bantam Rooster NR

6 Koos Van Asch (-2)

7 Shinichiro Tomonaga (-5)

8 Bartholomew Slice NR