UFC 104: The Robbery

Watch it again.

Lyoto won rounds #2, #3 & #5.48-47

Machida won Round 3 and you could argue that the first round was a draw, but that was it. In the 2nd, 4th, and 5th rounds; Shogun completely tore him up with leg and body kicks in addition to knees to the leg, forcing him to retreat several times. Machida actually had to sit on his ass between a round because his legs hurt too much. He got beat.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't really matter who wins as i'm a big fan of both. i just want to see somebody KO, sub or win decisively.

let's continue to enjoy mma weekend, i'm off to watch dream 12 and its inaugural "white cage".

That was actually the right call. Rothwell was not intelligently defending himself, taking dozens of unanswered shots. It was only allowed to go to the second round in the hopes that Rothwell would do something since he clearly wasn't out of it. However, the 2nd round proved he just had nothing for Cain.

If you look at just that segment where the fight was stopped then it was a bad stoppage. But when you look at the fight as a whole, Rothwell had no chance and was fighting on pure heart alone. I'm fine with the stoppage because it really was in the best interest for Ben.

If you look at just that segment where the fight was stopped then it was a bad stoppage. But when you look at the fight as a whole, Rothwell had no chance and was fighting on pure heart alone. I'm fine with the stoppage because it really was in the best interest for Ben.

i agree it was bad stoppage but was best for ben -- he was getting hammered and had no chance

i dont see machida coaching TUF lol. i think there is probably a rule against bad engrish

I guess you haven't seen Rampage's TUF seasons.

Ben Rothwell wasn't taking Big Shots. He was taking pussy ass Cain Velasquez shots. Everyone gives Cain a hard time because he doesn't have finish power to end fights, so they gave him a finish. I wanted Ben to win, but after seeing how he came out, I don't expect letting the fight continue would have changed the victor, but still lame.

Poor Shogun. Lost a lot of respect for UFC in that title fight decision.

I guess you haven't seen Rampage's TUF seasons.

Ben Rothwell wasn't taking Big Shots. He was taking pussy ass Cain Velasquez shots. Everyone gives Cain a hard time because he doesn't have finish power to end fights, so they gave him a finish. I wanted Ben to win, but after seeing how he came out, I don't expect letting the fight continue would have changed the victor, but still lame.

Poor Shogun. Lost a lot of respect for UFC in that title fight decision.

:huh: Those pussy ass shots had Big Ben practically out at the end of the first round if Cain were more aggressive he would have finished the fight earlier and, everyone gives Cain a hard time? Man wtf!? Cain has won every fight without breaking a sweat (the Kongo fight being the only exception) and tonight he made Big Ben look like an amateur and that's not easy.

P.S. Fuck the judges. Shogun is the true champion.

http://olieng.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/shogun-wallpaper-1280x960.jpg

Remember guys, the UFC doesn't hire the Referrees or the Judges.

And even if that were the case Machida isn't exactly the exciting fighter an organization would prefer as a beltkeeper. Many seem to think this outrageous win had something to do with UFC being corrupted.

I don't know why they would hand machida that win...he was a boring fighter before the evans fight when he was like 5-0 but couldn't knock me out while shogun tore up pride and is a top fighter in the world, and for the future it would set up ANDERSON SILVA VS. SHOGUN for title. talk about a money draw so if it was to save face they just lost a lot of future money.

I'm just gonna put it out there for hardcore Velasquez homers, I agree that the UFC just wanted to give him a stoppage to make him look better, the guy is becoming a hype-machine, a hype-machine finishes.

During the broadcast they mentioned that in the Kongo fight he got it 231 shots, 231! And no finish, lucky for him Kongo has no ground game. When you land 231 shots, ON THE GROUND and don't finish, its basically like shooting a deer in the leg, and then clubbing it with a shovel for the next hour, and it still doesn't die.

Once he can finish. hes gonna be an amazing fighter, until then, I hope they throw him in with Lesnar, a guy who actually HAS a strong wrestling background and finishing power.

Shogun took that fight to machida and made machida look like it was his debut in MMA nevermind his debut title defence...I like both fighters but i ahve to say machida lost that fight and he lost it badly...maybe machida is ordinary after all

as for the rothwell stoppage i think it was the right desicion from mazzagatti...it all goes back to being able to "intelligently" defend ureself, rothwell was eating big shots from start to finish, mazzagatti even told him before the start of the second round that he wasnt goin to tolerate him eating such big shots...rothwell was taking a beating, a high percentage of cains shots were goin unanswered with rothwell not even defending himself so in my eyes it was the right desicion