Release or keep?

Parriyah

I'm still not completely familiar with how hiddens work and what's important for a younger fighter so I figured I'd ask on the forums for advice. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1020076

My fighter is on the left who won the fight and his learning speed is 5.1. I've been told to sack before the test fight cause of the speed but I wanted to see how his hiddens were first and right now I don't know which choice to make.

Thanks in advance.

Gonna have to wait about 2 weeks before I can sack again. in the meantime I'll train him a little and test him 1 more time incase he pops a nice hidden. If not he's going in the bin. Thanks for all your advice everyone.

While we're on the topic, I got another fighter who ended up with 5.7 speed, just waiting for the test fight which is in 12 hours. Just to confirm, 5.7 learning speed is good right?

While we're on the topic, I got another fighter who ended up with 5.7 speed, just waiting for the test fight which is in 12 hours. Just to confirm, 5.7 learning speed is good right?

5.7 barely acceptable. 6+ is okay, 6.5+ is good, 7+ is great

Personally, I'm not keeping anything under 6 and at 6 - 6.5, he better have a decent hidden on tott.

• Upvote 1

REALLY borderline. I'd only stick with 5.7 IF already made the fighter to be a pure grappler for Catch Wrestling/KT OR insanely good hiddens

Personally my limit is 5.5, as imo hiddens are much more important. Im not releasing a 5.5 granite ever. Hell, I even have a 5.1 on my roster right now. Is anyone under 5.5 ever going to develop into a top fighter? 99% no. Being a newbie though, it is beneficial to have some real fast learners so you can get some fights under your belt. (25 yo builds are also very beneficial for new players to figure out sliders, and there’s no need to worry about learning speed with them as they have a shelf life of about 6 months)

• Upvote 1

I'm still not completely familiar with how hiddens work and what's important for a younger fighter so I figured I'd ask on the forums for advice. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1020076

My fighter is on the left who won the fight and his learning speed is 5.1. I've been told to sack before the test fight cause of the speed but I wanted to see how his hiddens were first and right now I don't know which choice to make.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this info will help with your decision to keep him, but it was my fighter who you beat. He was created with 0 defensive skills so I could check morale as well as hiddens if/when he lost. His striking D was a 1. My 2 cents, unless you are making him a ground guy, cut him.

• Upvote 2

The make an example out of learning speed difference, let me introduce you to two of my 360k fighters - Jake and Nyah.

Jake - https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=360411 - Jake is older, one of the first fighters I made after returning to the game, and he's not bad. He's got a good chin, good confidence, and non-negative KO power as he scores knockouts when he should in a relatively timely manner, and doesn't fight like a retard on the ground, so he has some basic intelligence.

Jake is a 5.7 learner.

Nyah - https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361069 - Nyah is a touch younger, wasn't even tested. His chin isn't anything great since he's already gotten a negative chin message in a fight interview, his KO power is questionable at best because he can't knock out even a cuts easily opponent, and he doesn't make aggressive moves unless forced to, so his confidence isn't anything stellar. By how he fights, I estimate he would pop Intelligent were he tested.

But Nyah is a 7.2 learner, thanks to which he's got over 200 total skill points more than Jake.

Any fight between them would be absolutely one-sided.

Sure, Jake might one day become better than Nyah, but that day isn't coming anytime soon.

• Upvote 3

Not sure if this info will help with your decision to keep him, but it was my fighter who you beat. He was created with 0 defensive skills so I could check morale as well as hiddens if/when he lost. His striking D was a 1. My 2 cents, unless you are making him a ground guy, cut him.

Since I can't cut him due to the 15 day restriction I'll try making him a ground guy. Thanks for letting me know though. Now I know his KO power isn't that good lol.

The make an example out of learning speed difference, let me introduce you to two of my 360k fighters - Jake and Nyah.

Jake - https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=360411 - Jake is older, one of the first fighters I made after returning to the game, and he's not bad. He's got a good chin, good confidence, and non-negative KO power as he scores knockouts when he should in a relatively timely manner, and doesn't fight like a retard on the ground, so he has some basic intelligence.

Jake is a 5.7 learner.

Nyah - https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361069 - Nyah is a touch younger, wasn't even tested. His chin isn't anything great since he's already gotten a negative chin message in a fight interview, his KO power is questionable at best because he can't knock out even a cuts easily opponent, and he doesn't make aggressive moves unless forced to, so his confidence isn't anything stellar. By how he fights, I estimate he would pop Intelligent were he tested.

But Nyah is a 7.2 learner, thanks to which he's got over 200 total skill points more than Jake.

Any fight between them would be absolutely one-sided.

Sure, Jake might one day become better than Nyah, but that day isn't coming anytime soon.

Interesting coincidence, My 3rd fighter got 7.2 learning speed and now I'm waiting for his hiddens. Judging from what you said even if his hiddens suck he will still do well cause of his ability to get high skills quicker?

Since I can't cut him due to the 15 day restriction I'll try making him a ground guy. Thanks for letting me know though. Now I know his KO power isn't that good lol.

Interesting coincidence, My 3rd fighter got 7.2 learning speed and now I'm waiting for his hiddens. Judging from what you said even if his hiddens suck he will still do well cause of his ability to get high skills quicker?

he Will do weel for 4-5 fights, then the gap wont make a difference anymore and he wont be able to win fuck shit anymore.

Depends how bad the hiddens are - there are levels where the fighter is unusable, but even an enjoys gardening fighter might have 90 across in hiddens, which would make him a top-tier fighter for quite a while in combination with high learning speed.

Sure, come lategame, he will stop being competitive since high ko power opponents would ktfo him with ease, but there is a lot of game until then.

Also, what comboes really well with high learning speed is having decent ko power or okay ko power and high intelligence - ending fights quickly leads to low energy loss per fight, allowing to take full advantage of the learning speed

• Upvote 2

I've just come back after a 2 year hiatus, how do I find / work out my fighters learning speed?

First train a fighters useless ability for 1 session with an elite coach (only 1 fighter training with the coach). After that, go to skill snapshot, choose the ability you trained, right click on the red bar and then inspect element. Skim through the lines until you find a number with a percentage (single digit number with decimals). Multiply that number by 150 WITH the % and voila, you got it.

First train a fighters useless ability for 1 session with an elite coach (only 1 fighter training with the coach). After that, go to skill snapshot, choose the ability you trained, right click on the red bar and then inspect element. Skim through the lines until you find a number with a percentage (single digit number with decimals). Multiply that number by 150 WITH the % and voila, you got it.

On a technical side note, in Chrome, ctrl + shift + c into clicking on the bar you want to see will get you straight to the percentage in the skill snapshot.

• Upvote 1