Highland - Official Thread

clydebankblitz

image.jpeg.251312323eb9addcb324bbf8fe428bda.jpeg

*Diaz was cageside during Highland 82*

209 motherfuckers!

I saw that Chavaski got the 145lb belt. That's a 2nd grade belt bitch, I beat both you and Souza like bitches

Shalashafucka - or whotever his name is - when we hit the mainlad be ready because I'm coming to get your belt too!

Talking about my last fight against Green, I always said he was a pussy. And pussies like him get slapped unconscious from where I come from

• Upvote 2

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Gosuke  Del ValleMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Noel Diaz

Gosuke Del Valle vs Noel Diaz 
Beachside Supplements [6472]

155 lbs, Island Xtreme Fighting155 lbs, Highland

$50,000 is up for grabs for fans who come the closest to predicting the result of this Sundays Matchup! Be the closest manager to predict: Who wins, When they Win, How they Win, and Time they win and you can win $50,000. This post will be posted in both the Highland and Island Forum. To enter, put your prediction under the post in one of the two companies smack talk thread. Message TycoonHec for any questions. Disclaimer: IXF & Highland did not ask me to write this article or create a contest. I am doing this on my own free will. 

Two of the absolute best mixed martial artists on the Island this season come to a head on collision as Highlands own Noel Diaz (11-0) takes on the undisputed lightweight champion of Island Xtreme Fighting, Gosuke Del Valle (9-1). These two top ten pound for pound fighters on the Island are putting their organization and their own reputation on the line when they collide this weekend August first. Hosted by IXF at the Hard Knocks, over 3,000 people are expected to be in attendance for this clash of submission sensations. 

My name is TycoonHec. I have been around this game a long time and have made a recent return to it. I have always been known as a writer and upon my return have worked for Highland, Catchweight Wrestling, and Synchronicity. Now that you know who I am, lets get into this fight preview! 

To really get into this match up let's do a little dive into each fighter. Gosuke, the IXF lightweight champion, is on a winning streak of 3 fights against some very tough opponents submitting each of them via kimura. Altogether, Gosuke’s last six fights have all been title matchups so this guy certainly understands the hype that comes with big fights. With all but two of his victories coming by submission in the first round, the purple belt in Gosuke is one of the most dangerous grapplers we have seen on the Island. 

Noel Diaz is synonymous with the acronym GOAT. Highlands own has won not only the 135lbs and 145lbs titles but he has also gone on to claim the 155lbs title as well. With a high preference for choking out his opponents, Diaz strongly prefers to lock them up via Guillotine or Triangle but has settled for snatching an arm before as well. Diaz shocked the world in his latest matchup with a majority of spectators believing that his matchup with Ed Green would turn into a grappling fest, he put Ed Green out cold with a stunning knockout proving that it's not just his ground game you have to watch out for. 

In this matchup we see two of the best in the game today step inside a locked cage. Very real threats to one another the matchup should not shock us if it goes the distance due to how resilient and talented these two individuals are. Fight fans can expect Del Valle will look to shoot in for a takedown from the moment the bell will ring and improve his position to the point where he can gain side control. Now, multiple times his opponents had great defensive grappling and stopped him from transitioning so from half guard he has locked in submissions, being on his back he postured up and took out an opponent via guillotine, and twice he swung around an opponent and took their back. This guy is aggressively active whether he is on his back or on top and plunges all of his energy into submitting his opponents, and this is why he has walked away safely with so many first round finishes. 

Noel Diaz is quite different from any opponent Gosuke has ever faced. The brown belt out of Stockton has started his career with a shocking 35 second armbar victory. Where Gosuke looks to shoot in for takedowns, Diaz aims to clinch and pull guard without any sort of hesitancy. Diaz has won almost each of his fights off of his back via submission so facing a dangerous threat is really nothing new. Diaz has submitted not only one purple belt but three brown belts, has two more fights than Gosuke, and has faced arguably a higher level of competition so his confidence going into this fight is at an all time high. 

I connected with a few fans on the Island who favored one fighter over the other to get their take. “Diaz has never faced anyone with this kind of pace. He will be smothered and submitted by the second!” The nice level of alliteration there made my skin tingle. Another fan had retorted, “Gosuke only fought white belts and blue belts, never even faced a purple or higher, imagine what it's like when he faces someone like Diaz! '' Despite that also being a fair critique, that does not discount the possibility of Gosuke submitting Diaz.  

The two camps have been longtime rivals, and both seem very sure that their fighter will be the one to walk away with the win. Reports are that Diaz has been focusing on his boxing on Mondays and rolling with his teammates twice a week. With only one grappling coach in Castillo, we caught up with him and he shared with us that he had never seen anything like Diaz and fully expects Diaz to submit Gosuke. Vernon Collier, a coach at Island Gym, laughed in my face when he had heard what Island Projects coaches predicted and told me, “Diaz has never faced an opponent as talented as Gosuke. You watch, he will cry and so will his fans. His arm will be snapped by kimura.” 

Island fans, the rivalry between these two gyms is very real, at least in my mind. The fight goes down this Sunday, August 1st. This is a matchup you will not want to miss. Put it on your PBP now and make your predictions to win $50,000. Good luck to both managers, gym owners, Org owners, and of course to both fighters who are the ones putting everything on the line!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/27/2021 at 2:01 AM, Welldone said:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=372455

5 days until you shut the fuck up

Like your friend Luciano who believe he was unbeatable

You are next 

Noel Diaz (12-0-0, triple champ)

14972736269273.jpg

What a f*****g pussy you are Gosuke, you didn't even last 1 minute!

Give your belt to your new pimp, bitch!

• Upvote 3

Final uni report was due tonight so been so busy. Just read the write up and checked the fight. Outstanding stuff by Diaz and Hec. Gosuke aint gonna take that one lying down, I expect his next opponents will have hell to pay after that.

Amazing stuff guys. I'm getting itchy because I know how long it is with guys not having fights but we're on the home stretch. If anyone wants to fight in IXF for a few until the end just let me or Louie know and we'll be happy to help sort that out.

• Like 2

HIGHLAND 85 

August 6th 2021 

Preview

A night of champions sees Highland have four title fights for their fans with some very interesting matchups. Fight fans can expect a lot of action as The Welterweight, Heavyweight, Bantamweight, and Middleweight titles are all up for grabs! To kick off the card, top contender Murtaz Vatsadze makes his return against Biscuit Oliva in what should see either an all out slugfest or a knockout of the night. Fight fans, lets get into it! 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Adam Shalashaska  Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Vanna Phommathep

"Revolver Ocelot" Adam Shalashaska vs Vanna "My Mat" Phommathep

170 lbs, Highland

Welterweight Title Fight

Newly crowned welterweight champion, Adam Shalashaka (12-1) looks to make his very first title defense against a fellow submission superstar in Vanna Phommathep (7-3). Immediately what is important for fight fans to know is that this is a rematch, so with that in mind it is important to know that these two grappling gorillas know each other well. They went a full five rounds against each other in a match that was mostly performed in the clinch, all three judges saw Shalashaska win each round giving him a 50:45. Now being that these two guys have had quite the time since their previous matchup, I can not imagine that the fight will go the same way. Within the clinch, we witnessed Vanna attempted a few takedowns but was never able to once get one. Fight fans will hope to see this prove who the better ground game fighter really is but there is a strong possibility this fight never ends up on the ground. Both men have indeed submitted purple belts and below so we know they are quite skilled to roll against each other but submitting a fellow brown belt may be out of the question. So personally, I dont  think Phommathep is comfortable on the feet at all where as Revolver Ocelot will be comfortable wherever this fight takes him. I believe he will prefer to stay up and dominate this fight via striking. 

Prediction: Adam Shalashaska via TKO

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Marko KerrMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Maro Pjetlic

170 lbs, Highland

Marko Kerr vs Maro "roar" Pjetlic 

Heavyweight Title Match

The Heavyweight Champion of the world, Maro "roar" Pjetlic (9-1-1) looks to defend his title against the first round finisher, Marko Kerr (6-3). These two heavyweights hold a combined 14 knockouts to their name. When the world watches these two monsters everyone will be on their feet as we all know, one of these two guys will be getting knocked out. Both men have the strongest desire to strike whether on the ground or standing up with their opponent so it will be fireworks from start to finish. Maro Pjetlic is long considered the best heavyweight on the Island with a record that proves he is certainly going to end up a Highland HOF. Pjetlic who has knocked out 8 of his opponents knows a thing or two about landing shots with precision as he barely misses a single shot he throws. Kerr will have the toughest test in front of him and honestly one that may prove to be too much. Although Kerr is riding a three fight win streak, two of those wins were stopped by a doctor for his opponent being cut open. I believe Pjetlic will know Kerr will want that takedown but given his high ability of stuffing takedowns I am not sure if Kerr should be so aggressive as much as he should set up a counter takedown off of a strike from Pjetlic. Whatever the case, I believe that Pjetlic will look to keep this fight standing and if Kerr is properly trained for that he may surprise a lot of spectators. 

Prediction: Pjetlic with a one punch knockout. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Keke KiviMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Lucas Barbosa

170 lbs, Highland

Keke Kivi vs Lucas "Hulk" Barbosa

Heavyweight Title Match

The most anticipated fight for me on this card is for the Middleweight championship of the world. Keke Kivi (9-1) defends his strap against the formidable Lucas "Hulk" Barbosa (7-1)! In this beauty of a matchup we are witnessing a rematch that fight fans have been begging for since the first time these two met. Keke Kivi, a dominant striker and knockout artist met his first and only defeat at the hands of the "Hulk" who caught him in a wild kimura. Barbosa had been cut twice within 90 seconds of the first round and the referee was growing nervy as to whether or not he should be stepping in. Finally a counter takedown lands for Barbosa and with ease transitions until he locked in that arm wrenching lock. Despite cutting Barbosa open so quickly, the aggressive Kivi was throwing bombs and was not so accurate missing 70% of his punches against Barbosa. Fight fans will have to wonder if we will see a more precise Kivi a less aggressive Kivi or will the game plan remain the same? Barbosa may be completely waiting to counter any and all strikes with a takedown but knowing he has some level of striking defense we may see him be more assertive and shoot in for those takedowns from the get go. It is such an interesting match up and at this level, anything is bound to happen. 

Prediction: I think we see Kivi stop Barbosa! I think we see Kivi catch him with a shot as Barbosa fails a takedown and rushes in to tko him. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Kazuo TakashiMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Harry Henderson

135 lbs, Highland

Kazuo Takashi vs Harry "Bigfoot" Henderson

Bantamweight Title Match

Kazuo Takashi (12-0) has wiped the division clean, not just in Highland but in IXF as well. Taking the titles from champions and defending them, he literally is one of the greatest to do it, and in some peoples opinion, he is the greatest to do it. With 8 first round finishes by submission, he is one of the most dangerous grapplers to date. In just a few days, Harry "Bigfoot" Henderson (5-3) looks to dismantle the giant name that is known as Takashi and take the title from the undefeated champion. Henderson, who is riding a two fight winning streak has been more aggressive in his fights since switching over to his new manager. Fight fans are a little unsure what Bigfoot could do that is different in this match up than what other opponents have done in the past. I think we will see Bigfoot look to get on top and focus almost entirely on control and countering Takashi. I think we see him rarely go for a submission and instead try to employ a few punches and try to just get a decision victory, and honestly if he does that against arguably the best fighter in Highland, who can blame him? Now, Kazuo Takashi may not be that easy of an opponent to do that with. I have heard rumors from his gym mates that we see Kazuo, for really what would be the first time in his career, work his striking game a little before eventually pulling guard and throwing submissions. 

Prediction: Takashi 1st round submission.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Murtaz VatsadzeMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Biscuit Oliva

Murtaz Vatsadze vs "Unchained" Biscuit Olivia

Light Heavyweight Match

Murtaz Vatsadze (9-3) is one of the most remarkable fighters in all of Highland. His only three losses come by way of the champion, but outside of that Murtaz could be considered undefeated. In his fight against "Unchained" Biscuit Olivia (6-3) we will be seeing two power punchers collide in what could very well be a knockout in the first round. Despite Biscuit Olivia having two tko losses on his career he has never actually been knocked out or stopped by the referee, infact, both of those losses were due to a cut. On the other hand, Murtaz has been tko'd three times by the champion. This fight has the potential to end within the very first minute or go the entire distance and be an absolute slug fest. I imagine what we will see as fight fans is an all out brawl between two great light heavyweights that end up being one of the better fights of the night. 

Prediction: Murtaz scores a stunning knockout early. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

@skull I apologize. This is why it is so vital for me to proofread. This is what I intended to say. 

" Maro Pjetlic is long considered the best heavyweight on the Island by many ..."

Allow me to defend my reasoning: 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Maro PjetlicMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Needle Dick

265 lbs, Highland

The only loss Pjetlic has is to the one we know as Needle Dick who did knock him out in the second round. However, to be fair, Pjetlic did win the first round. So, one it should not be ignored that Dick did knock him out but it should be recognized that Dick lost the first round to Pjetlic, the only full round there was. 

Now that all shared, it is also vital to remember that 3 days before Dick won the title Maro had made his debut in what was nearly a perfect performance. He was on no ones radar when Dick became champion and was living in the limelight. But just one month after Dick lost the title is when Maro had taken it. 

Finally, this will sting for Needle Dick, seven days before Dick and Maro had fought, Maro went five rounds with Slabhead. So there was exhaustion and lack of preparation that could be blamed as to why he lost. Now that is his managers fault for accepting that fight and Dick was certainly the best man that night. Dick himself had to recover after being cut open, BUT, he had ten days and was not in a 25 minute fight, just a two minute fight.

Out of the 5 opponents these two fighters share Pjetlic defeated all of them, 3 of them faster than Dick and 1 of them only seven seconds behind. It is also interesting for me that Pjetlic was the man who took the title from "Slabhead", Adriak Mihaylov who, prior to their first match, was riding a four fight first round win streak knocking out Titus Lesnar, the fighter who knocked Dick out to take the title. And more recently Maro took the title directly from the man who just knocked out Needle Dick

I hope both guys win on the sixth because in my opinion there is no better heavyweight matchup in Highland, than these two guys getting back in the cage, with adequate time to prepare, to fight for the title. But of course, if we were to expand the dream fights throughout the Island...

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Vunipola Veainu

Then maybe look no further than Vunipola Veainu (9-1)

@Alfred's own who has 8 first round knockouts to his name. 7 of which were under a minute. 

265 lbs, Island Xtreme Fighting

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HIGHLAND 87 PREVIEW

So, if I’m planning on writing a preview for every single Island fight in the tournament, I guess I’d better shake of the rust, eh?

So, we’re finally at the end of The Island season. That went by QUICKLY. The past 2 weeks have been the longest of them all too because I tried to drop our frequency of events way down just to make sure we could get the highest ratings possible to go out, and as a result it feels like some guys haven’t fought in 17 years. Sorry about that. Obviously post-Island we’ll be on a very consistent 3 events per week schedule.

But alas, enough of all of that. We’re here with the final card of the season, and EVERY SINGLE BELT IS ON THE LINE! Yes, every single one. That’s insane. The fact that every single champ came through injury free after our event on the 6th is wild. The MMA gods want us to smash it out of the part, and we’re here to deliver.

Heavyweight - Titus Lesnar (8-3) Vs Ricky Thompson (9-6)

It’s been a wild ride for former champs taking an unexpected skid, and Titus Lesnar is now going to fight in his third fight with a different manager in a row. The prodigy of Arcalimon The Coach, issues with cuts saw Lesnar lose in two title fights and get released by the legendary manager. Arcalimon’s main rival and Highland Hall of Famer Power Shark next picked up Lesnar, but he took his biggest upset yet, again by cuts, and was again released. Now Darren Russell is ready to have a crack with the wrestling beast, and he goes head to head with Power Shark in that this is a rematch of Lesnar’s last fight.

Ricky Thompson is probably now happy with Highland right now. Ricky arranged a title shot behind the scenes and as the only HW with a win in his last fight at the top level, Callum McGregor said it made sense. However with Needle Dick winning on the undercard of our champ Maro Pjetlic’s last fight, both Maro and Needle wanted a rematch of their epic clash and Ricky was left out in the cold. Without many options, the rematch was set.

Ricky is a fighter’s fighter, and he’s taken his fair share of losses. He struggled early with submissions and has also been KOed on the feet. But Lesnar is a mirror image of Thompson. Both guys that want to take the fight down and unleash brutal ground and pound. It’s a hard one for Lesnar due to his susceptibility to get cut, but if he can get the takedown first, he might be able to show how lethal he is on top, or maybe even catch us all off guard with a submission attempt.

Light Heavyweight – Mara Tantor (7-1) Vs Biscuit Oliva (7-3)

It’s easy to forget just how dominant Mara has been, only because Torhte Finlayson has been such a machine and took him out in the first round. Guys like Neuzvarams Semyorka, Aisland Bounser, Tama Ruiha, Melvin Manhoeff, Space Jesus. He’s really fought the best of the best and with the exception of Finlayson, he’s won them all too. One of the most lethal guys in the division, Mara is looking to go out with a 3 fight win streak and be one of the major players in the tournament, headhunting for the one man to beat him.

That’s easier said then done, especially when you’re facing someone with the killer power of Oliva. Biscuit had shown that he struggled when taking a bit step up, and maybe a little bit of susceptibility to cuts, but the Highland 1 vet recorded his first top of the charts win last time out against Murtaz Vatsadze and has propelled himself towards the top of the division. He feels like this is his moment and Biscuit is ready to announce himself at the top of the division.

This is admittedly a hard as hell fight for Oliva to walk away with, but this is what it takes when you get to this stage and while his improvements are clear as day, this might just be one step too far for the Scottie 2 Hottie managed slugger.

Lightweight – Ed Green (11-4) Vs Kofi Ousmane (8-4)

This card is mental. How am I breaking down an Ed Green fight third on the card? Ed has been in an incredible 7 lightweight title fights in his 15 fight career. An exciting trilogy against Kranckx Diesel, another trilogy with George Russell and a win over the current number one contender Ed Green, they don’t get much more top level than The Detective. A submission master, Green seems to have a specific love of getting a hold of arms and snapping them. Perhaps the most exciting thing about Green is that he’s not exactly impervious to getting hurt. But whether you rock him or not, he’s still most likely getting you down and finishing the fight by submission.

But there doesn’t look to be any of that when Kofi Ousmane is in the ring. Managed by the Highland owner Callum McGregor, Kofi had built a decent reputation around the mid card before going on a surprising rampage in his last 3 fights. Beating former champ Diesel, IXF top dog Marcus Behnder and Rob Cervantes, Kofi is now a top-level competitor and looks to have his sights set on Noel Diaz if he manages to come out with a win.

This will probably be a very hard fight for Kofi as both look to favour the submission, but Green is definitely the more accomplished grappler.

Featherweight Championship – Remi Chavaski (9-1) Vs Reynard Frederick (3-0)

Remi sort of came out of nowhere. He had a very successful run in the middle levels of the division, losing his one title fight to Noel Diaz, but beating Alexander Dulo for the belt at Highland 78 and then defending against Miguel Azevedo Souza in his last outing? Yeah, Remi deserves the gold and everyone sees it.

Some eyebrows will probably be raised at such an inexperienced fighter in Frederick getting a crack at the belt. However when you consider that Waramunt Haber Jr is on a 3 fight streak Jiu Jitsu has been a long standing threat in the middle of the division, the last two wins for Frederick definitely hold up.

Reynard knows how to grapple but he prefers to do his work on the feet, meanwhile Remi Chavaski wants the fight down on the ground asap where he’ll look to make Frederick number 9 in the submission season that is Remi’s fighting career.

Middleweight Championship – Lucas Barbosa (8-1) Vs Hayato Sakuraba (6-2)

It’ll definitely be a rare occurrence that two fighters managed by the same man fight in Highland, let alone with the title on the line. However their manager, Partial Differential Equation King, had requested this fight after Sakuraba won the belt from Cathair McKay. Convinced to take a title shot against Keke Kivi instead, Sakuraba would drop the belt and Barbosa was granted the next one. Barbosa came through with flying colours and with no other top middleweight ready for a shot, the timing sort of made sense for PDEK to pit his fighters against one another.

Two grappling experts, Sakuraba seems to be a little bit more well rounded in MMA while Barbosa might be the better on the ground. Sakuraba might want to keep the fight standing and work his striking a little bit more, but ultimately this fight will spill to the floor and we’ll finally find out who the top man is out of these two submissionists.

Bantamweight Championship – Kazuo Takashi (13-0) Vs Valerio Falto (5-2-1)

They don’t get much scarier than Kaz Takashi do they? The Kyoto, Japan native was initially forced to sit on the contenders bench after a 4 fight win streak due to his team mate Noel Diaz holding the belt. Diaz moved up back in May, and Kaz has more than took advantage. SEVEN, count them, SEVEN title defences of the Bantamweight belt, and add in the IXF Featherweight title for good measure. Perhaps most interesting is Kaz has never had a rematch. Every single guy he’s faced and beat was a fresh challenge, and all but one of them saw the final bell. Kaz truly is one of the most dominant fighters in Island history, and he’s been so dominant that we’ve struggled to actually build anyone up to face him.

Luckily for us, enter Valerio Falto. Falto had a stumble out of the gates in Highland, going 1-2-1, but since then he’s notched up wins by both TKO and submission, demonstrating his versatility. Italy’s Falto has never been submitted, and with 4 finishes out of 5 by tapout under his belt, Falto feels that Kaz has faced inferior grapplers throughout his career thus far and when faced with a fellow black belt, things will look a lot different for the dominant champ.

It’d be hard to get against Kaz here, but if things go how we expect, it will all take place on the floor and you can never count out Falto to pull off a submission.

Lightweight Championship – Noel Diaz (12-0) Vs Liam Murphy (7-3)

I’m not going to do Noel Diaz fight hype the justice that Tycoon Hec will, but I’ll give it my best shot.

I haven’t fully prepared the evidence yet, but it appears that Noel Diaz might be the greatest fighters in Island history. Eight title wins across 3 divisions, no losses, and realistically he should have won the title in his last fight when he defeated IXF champ Gosuke Del Valle. Perhaps even more impressively is that he’s beat the best of the best too. Jobber Joe, two-time IXF BW champ, Remi Chavaski, current Highland FW champ, Souza, Diesel, Green. He’s fought ALL of those top guys, and he’s never looked in major major trouble. This is the top of the mountain, and only those with the best equipment can avoid a big fall.

Lucky Liam is the ultimate underdog. At one stage he was 3-3 in his career, with losses to both Kofi Ousmane and Ed Green from the prelims of today’s card. He didn’t look like the biggest threat, but an insane 4 fight win streak, including wins over KJ Wassermann and Kranckx Diesel, that’s as impressive as it’s going to get. Liam has overcome adversity in his career to earn this opportunity and he doesn’t want to let it slip. He knows the challenge ahead of him, but with 7 submissions to his name, “Lucky” wants to live up to his name.

Welterweight Championship – Adam Shalashaska (13-1) Vs Maurice Tillet (9-2)

This is what drama is all about. Here’s the history lesson;

Shalashaska was 8-0. Two title defences. Fighting the best of the best. Maurice Tillet steps up and finishes him in the opening stanza. New champ. Tillet defends the title twice before getting submitted by up and coming youngster Auric Gallahad.  In comes Adam, beating Gallahad for the belt.

Now, it all comes down to this. The only blemish on Revolver Ocelot’s record. The Solid Snake to his…ehhh, Revolver Ocelot (this analogy doesn’t work because Big Boss also beat Ocelot, but I’m gonna get too nerdy and start mentioning the La Li Lu Le Lo any second so I’ll stop).

Tillet is TERRIFYING when he gets on top. Ground and pound unmatched and unrivalled. However, he does have a pair of submission losses to Gallahad and Odd Job, so there is potential to catch him off guard. Shalashaska is a lethal submission threat, originally targeting limbs but recently switching it up to chokes as well. He’s not shy of going the distance and he’s a confident boxer on top.

This fight is insane with a real rivalry under the cracks. Can Adam avenge his only loss and head into the tournament as the reigning champ?

Light Heavyweight Championship – Torhte Finlayson (13-0) Vs Archie Laird (9-2)

Someone who wants to go 5 rounds with me for saying Diaz might be the greatest Island fighter of all time is big Gingy Bear Torhte Finlayson. Just two of his fights have went to the third round, four of them have went to the second round and seven of them within the first fight minutes. No one has even seen the championship rounds against Finlayson, and quite frankly no one has even stood a chance. That’s not to say his opponent level hasn’t been incredible. The former ColMMA champ has beat everyone we have. Lachmann, Manhoeff, Mantor, Yates. Even when someone’s bounced back and made improvements, like Space Jesus getting a rematch or Vatsadze forcing a trilogy, we’re talking mere seconds of improvement if any. Finlayson wants to finish this Island season undefeated, enter the tournament, win it, and go down as the greatest Island fighter of all time.

Archie Laird might be the one man to not get a crack at the title, which is incredible considering how highly rated he’s always been. An amazing five fight win streak to kick off his Highland career still didn’t get him a shot. Two stumbles held him back and now after another 3 on the trot, we’re finally seeing Laird get his crack at the gold. Fighters have earned title shots by beating Archie, but the champ hasn’t earned that claim yet. Archie feels he’s made the adjustments and now’s the time to stifle the plans of Finlayson and end that claim as the greatest Island fighter ever. Is this finally his time to shine?

Heavyweight Championship – Maro Pjetlic (10-1-1) Vs Needle Dick (13-2)

And we’re onto the main event of the evening. Heavyweight has been the most incredible ride of the whole season. Five different champions, but just two have had multiple reigns; Maro Pjetlic and Needle Dick.

Needle was out first champion, which was unsprirising as we all knew the quality of his manager Power Shark. He took out two of our best challengers, Rav Kapur and Koto Show, before getting stopped by Titus Lesnar. That loss fuelled something inside the former champ, seeing him go on a rampage of 6 straight stoppage wins, including avenging his loss to Lesnar. On top of the world once again, in the exact same position he was in his original reign with two defences, Amaru Kawiwasulu shocked the world by stopping Dick in under 4 minutes. We know what he did after his first loss, what will he do after his second?

I could almost copy and paste the exact same for our champ Maro. His manager, Domagoj Rakitic, might not be as well known as Power Shark, but Maro Pjetlic proved history means nothing in this game. Maro won his first championship back in June after a draw in his first opportunity Vs Adrik Mihaylov. Delighted to finally have the strap, he was finally put down by his opponent tonight; Needle Dick. He’d go on an incredible tear, beating Rav Kapur, Hans Holmes and Ricky Thompson, before beating the man who took Dick’s title; Amaru Kawiwasulu.

This division is so intertwined, but here’s what it boils down to. One man has beat the champ Maro ‘Roar’ Pjetlic; Needle Dick. He had some options for his opponents but he only wanted one fight, and that was for the opportunity to prove that HE is the best heavyweight champion we’ve had. Can he do just that, or is Needle Dick set to shine once again when these two meet?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thank you everyone for this wonderful Island season. I started this season with 7 fighters. As far as hiddens, learning speed and other relevant stuff goes here is what I I ended up working with:

1. Zero chin, gets KOed by anything there is
  2. Glass Jaw, can take 1 punch but that's about it
  3. Solid Chin
  4. Granite Chin
  5. Intelligent
  6. Very Determined person
  7. Determined
  8. KO Power
  9. Super slow learner
  10. Couple of slow learners
  11. A few average learners
  12. One good learning speed

So how did I and my fighters end up doing?

My fighters ended up with following records:

• 6-4-0
  • 9-1-0
  • 5-5-0
  • 5-3-0
  • 6-3-0
  • 6-4-0
  • 10-2-0

Two of my fighters ended up winning their respective divisions:

•  Maurice Tillet 170 lbs champion

•  

Lucas Barbosa 185 lbs champion

I accepted all fight offers and contracts and did not pick fights etc. It never made any sense for me anyway since I still quite new to this game and am still learning even the basics such as sliders. Fighters with weak chin proved to be rather useless. Same goes to one of my fighters with high intelligence. It did not seem to help him much at all. KO Power also never really came into play that much. Solid and granite chins both proved to be useful. Self Confident, Determined, Very Determined... idk whats the difference between there but I remember having all of those. Anyway all three of those seemed to have an impact.

Good chin together with any form of good determination/self confidence seems to be a good combination. I don't know if the same can be said about Intelligence + Good Chin but I suspect it may be as good.

In general this Island thing was fun and compared to this my regular fighters/projects and regular game just suck. Island is like roller coaster - fun and stuff to do. Regular game seems to be more like watching paint dry for couple of real life years till your fighters are actually ready to fight.  Might as well go all out next Island season and retire all my projects and close down the gym. More fighter slots for Island!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, IconManagement said:

In general this Island thing was fun and compared to this my regular fighters/projects and regular game just suck. Island is like roller coaster - fun and stuff to do. Regular game seems to be more like watching paint dry for couple of real life years till your fighters are actually ready to fight.

Unfortunately this is still true, even after all these years I've been playing. If you want action outside of the Island, trust me your best option is to stick to Highland when the season ends ; ) 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, IconManagement said:

Thank you everyone for this wonderful Island season. I started this season with 7 fighters. As far as hiddens, learning speed and other relevant stuff goes here is what I I ended up working with:

1. Zero chin, gets KOed by anything there is
  2. Glass Jaw, can take 1 punch but that's about it
  3. Solid Chin
  4. Granite Chin
  5. Intelligent
  6. Very Determined person
  7. Determined
  8. KO Power
  9. Super slow learner
  10. Couple of slow learners
  11. A few average learners
  12. One good learning speed

So how did I and my fighters end up doing?

My fighters ended up with following records:

• 6-4-0
  • 9-1-0
  • 5-5-0
  • 5-3-0
  • 6-3-0
  • 6-4-0
  • 10-2-0

Two of my fighters ended up winning their respective divisions:

•  Maurice Tillet 170 lbs champion

•  

Lucas Barbosa 185 lbs champion

I accepted all fight offers and contracts and did not pick fights etc. It never made any sense for me anyway since I still quite new to this game and am still learning even the basics such as sliders. Fighters with weak chin proved to be rather useless. Same goes to one of my fighters with high intelligence. It did not seem to help him much at all. KO Power also never really came into play that much. Solid and granite chins both proved to be useful. Self Confident, Determined, Very Determined... idk whats the difference between there but I remember having all of those. Anyway all three of those seemed to have an impact.

Good chin together with any form of good determination/self confidence seems to be a good combination. I don't know if the same can be said about Intelligence + Good Chin but I suspect it may be as good.

In general this Island thing was fun and compared to this my regular fighters/projects and regular game just suck. Island is like roller coaster - fun and stuff to do. Regular game seems to be more like watching paint dry for couple of real life years till your fighters are actually ready to fight.  Might as well go all out next Island season and retire all my projects and close down the gym. More fighter slots for Island!

Why wouldn't you just fight ID restricted. Then you literally don't have to wait for your fighters to grow just like the island.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate that guys! Had a tonne of fun, but plenty more to come!

Now with IXF's event earlier I can make a special shoutout I wasn't doing before. Kstacks (@Icon73, right?) helped me run some numbers before the event and without his input, the amazing IXF tonight would have blown us out the water and we'd never have achieved a personal goal I set out to get at the start of the season. By helping me out with my event strategy, Kstacks got us in a position to make history on The Island, so a big shoutout and thank you to K for offering out a helping hand. In a year when he's angry that Highland is doing too well in the game, I'm going to enjoy reminding him that we couldn't have got here without his help haha.

So for those of you who didn't know, a big goal of mine was to have the highest rated event in Island history. Those who were with me for Highland Games back in the day helped me set this record in 2014 with a 430.15 event rating. This record stood for 3 years, before being beat by The Island Title (443.48) and Revolution Island (503.92), both in different seasons in 2017. The latter of these records stood on top for the past 4 years, and even bigger to me that it was set by my longtime MMA Tycoon rival JJ Tycooner. He was my competition in Highland Games' season, and he ran other orgs against future Highland orgs on The Island.

Thanks to all the guys this season, and of course kstacks, we managed to blow this record out of the water and get a 567.92 rating for our final event of the season; Highland 87. Also shoutout to IXF who also scored the third place with 493.95 rating from tonight's event.

This is a fantastic achievement and I look forward to this being beat again in future seasons. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 4 years to see someone get to that stage.

I can't wait for the tournament, and I'm taking on the hellish challenge of breaking down EVERY SINGLE ISLAND TOURNAMENT FIGHT. Yes, you read that correctly, so look out for that.

I'll make some more informative posts on the org page to give out the info, but going forward Highland will now operate as an org for 25 year old creations with a 372k ID restriction. We aim to be the go-to home for all Island fighters to continue their career onwards, getting quick fights, getting paid stupid amounts haha, and getting to enjoy the game every time they log on. We'll be back to 3 events per week, so none of this long waiting periods of the past 2 weeks.

Be on the look out for some creation tournaments too as I'm going to try and bolster up some of those divisions as well.

Thanks for making this the most successful Island org of all time. The most Island events by an org ever and the highest rated event ever. Who said MMA Tycoon was sliding?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

I appreciate that guys! Had a tonne of fun, but plenty more to come!

Now with IXF's event earlier I can make a special shoutout I wasn't doing before. Kstacks (@Icon73, right?) helped me run some numbers before the event and without his input, the amazing IXF tonight would have blown us out the water and we'd never have achieved a personal goal I set out to get at the start of the season. By helping me out with my event strategy, Kstacks got us in a position to make history on The Island, so a big shoutout and thank you to K for offering out a helping hand. In a year when he's angry that Highland is doing too well in the game, I'm going to enjoy reminding him that we couldn't have got here without his help haha.

So for those of you who didn't know, a big goal of mine was to have the highest rated event in Island history. Those who were with me for Highland Games back in the day helped me set this record in 2014 with a 430.15 event rating. This record stood for 3 years, before being beat by The Island Title (443.48) and Revolution Island (503.92), both in different seasons in 2017. The latter of these records stood on top for the past 4 years, and even bigger to me that it was set by my longtime MMA Tycoon rival JJ Tycooner. He was my competition in Highland Games' season, and he ran other orgs against future Highland orgs on The Island.

Thanks to all the guys this season, and of course kstacks, we managed to blow this record out of the water and get a 567.92 rating for our final event of the season; Highland 87. Also shoutout to IXF who also scored the third place with 493.95 rating from tonight's event.

This is a fantastic achievement and I look forward to this being beat again in future seasons. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 4 years to see someone get to that stage.

I can't wait for the tournament, and I'm taking on the hellish challenge of breaking down EVERY SINGLE ISLAND TOURNAMENT FIGHT. Yes, you read that correctly, so look out for that.

I'll make some more informative posts on the org page to give out the info, but going forward Highland will now operate as an org for 25 year old creations with a 372k ID restriction. We aim to be the go-to home for all Island fighters to continue their career onwards, getting quick fights, getting paid stupid amounts haha, and getting to enjoy the game every time they log on. We'll be back to 3 events per week, so none of this long waiting periods of the past 2 weeks.

Be on the look out for some creation tournaments too as I'm going to try and bolster up some of those divisions as well.

Thanks for making this the most successful Island org of all time. The most Island events by an org ever and the highest rated event ever. Who said MMA Tycoon was sliding?

Appreciate the shout man. You guys are doing great things so keep up the good work! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2