Game Updates: New City or Shuffle Existing ones?

New Cities or Shuffling Existing Ones?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Mike is Open to making some changes, would you like to see 1 new City in the Tycoon Universe or a shuffle of existing ones

• Let's create a new City
    • Let's just shuffle existing ones

13 minutes ago, MasterLeader said:

It’s not about travel though, it’s all contextual. Just like saying “I don’t see the point in choosing the country fighters are from, fighter names etc...” It just adds another flavour to the game really and enables area specific branding.

And as I echoed in a previous thread, 1 African city would be nice even if there aren’t any well respected camps / fight orgs based there. 3 African UFC champs right now so it’s clearly a growing market for fighter origins. I’d go with Lagos, given there are far more UFC fighters from Nigeria than Cameroon.

My preference:

1. Abu Dhabi, UAE

2. Lagos, Nigeria

In terms of “replacing cities”, I think mechanically Mike could effectively make Hilo & Amsterdam/Sydney “dormant/inactive”, so the legacy/history would still be there but you could no longer create any companies/orgs out of there. You would then create new cities to replace them but the legacies wouldn’t be overwritten.

Yeah I completely get that, but I just don't think the cities seem aesthetic to me. They're functional. Their purpose was to segregate off aspects of the game but at this stage, the game could do with less segregation and it's a large amount of separation for something that is purely aesthetic, you know what I mean? If we were talking about a text box saying "Org base" and you write the nation, we wouldn't have even discussed it.

I get you on Nigeria, but Cameroon is gonna be way ahead in 5 years time. I'm a big hipster so I like shit like that haha.

19 hours ago, Zello said:

But have UFC events been held there?

No

UFC has held an event in Beijing. UFC has also held events in Mexico City.

UFC has not held any events in Lagos or Bangkok, but if we are using that same logic, why is Amsterdam and Hilo in the game. I do not consider using only what has already been done as what is acceptable to be used and obviously the Tycoon Owners do not either that is why we have a couple of cities the UFC have not been to. 

Two questions that I have recently thought of

1. Does the game have a need for another city?
  2. If shuffling the cities around is that only for ascetics or does it serve any actual purpose in game? 
Edited by TycoonHec
the word "do" was before the word "is"

2 hours ago, TycoonHec said:

UFC has not held any events in Lagos or Bangkok, but if we are using that same logic, why is Amsterdam and Hilo in the game. I do not consider using only what has already been done as what is acceptable to be used and obviously the Tycoon Owners do not either that is why we have a couple of cities the UFC have not been to. 

2. If shuffling the cities around is that only for ascetics or does it serve any actual purpose in game? 

lol you must be the first guy i've ever seen write something in the "reason for editing" cell ?

Edited by MasterLeader
changed emoji
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, TycoonHec said:

This entire exercise is completely cosmetic, meaning for fun and does not serve any actual purpose. Like imagine adding/shuffling new submissions (Von Flue, Twister, etc.) 

Some cities historically have not appealed to the Tycoon managers and thus have seen very little use.  I think we can agree that in order of least appeal they rank as:

1- Hilo

2- Sydney

3- Amsterdam

So Mike is open to add or shuffle or perhaps both seeing how the votes are pretty much even right now.

But yes to clarify this is 100% aesthetic just for fun. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/31/2021 at 8:26 AM, Xyel said:

I would be for adding more cities IF together with that, fighters can attend a gym from any city with no penalty.

That wont happen, it will mean changing the code (in other words, spending time programing). Mike wont do that for something like this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mentor said:

That wont happen, it will mean changing the code (in other words, spending time programing). Mike wont do that for something like this. 

Theoretically, and as a software that word is always very large, it wouldn't be THAT much work.

Probably more to if but a bulk of it would be removing the checks to see what city they're in before joining a gym.

I wrote to Mike yesterday to come say Hi in this thread now that we have some constructive comments as well as quite a few votes. 

This way he can tell us what he can do or cannot/won't do right now.

The only thing I ask, and I think it's doable since the 3 people that are very negative haven't participated here, is to stay positive and not cockblock the changes should your idea not be chosen/accepted. 

The changes won't affect anybody's gameplay so I would like to stay away from all negativity. The 3 people Mike has blocked so he won't see their replies anyways but just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page and to stay positive.

Thank you for your participation :) 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

I wrote to Mike yesterday to come say Hi in this thread now that we have some constructive comments as well as quite a few votes. 

This way he can tell us what he can do or cannot/won't do right now.

The only thing I ask, and I think it's doable since the 3 people that are very negative haven't participated here, is to stay positive and not cockblock the changes should your idea not be chosen/accepted. 

The changes won't affect anybody's gameplay so I would like to stay away from all negativity. The 3 people Mike has blocked so he won't see their replies anyways but just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page and to stay positive.

Thank you for your participation :) 

If the decision is made to delete existing cities that have been a part of the game since it's inception then I will be cock blocking harder than a jealous sober fat chick watching her hot best friend get all the attention from guys at the bar. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Alfred said:

If the decision to delete existing cities that have been a part of the game since it's inception then I will be cock blocking harder than a jealous sober fat chick watching her hot best friend get all the attention from guys at the bar. 

Why not delete city block at QFC instead?

More cities = more arenas. I guess that was a request a few time ago as someone was accusing top orgs of freezing the market by booking all the arenas for the next 2 years or so.
Arenas and QFC. Thats what this is all about.

Since teleport update there aint any other mechanic that is relevant. 3 day ship for tshirt and nutri is laughable and the buff in starting money is the same since 2009, even tho circulating money vastly increased. in 2 weeks of game you get sponsor and a contract that makes this also irrelevant...

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, Zello said:

But have UFC events been held there?

No

I think the main thing to consider is not the population of the country, nor whether there are MMA events in these countries, but whether there are people from those countries in the game and, especially, if there is a prospect of an increase in the number of people in the game if a city that country is included.

I think Thailand should have a city.

How do we have a game where Muay Thai is a huge part of it, but we DON'T have a city in Thailand?

Move Hilo to Bangkok!

Another issue I worry about with Miami is that you would have 3 cities in the same timezone and that might create problems with server stability.

• Upvote 1

A major thing cities add is time zones, so Miami is a lousy choice, since New York and Montreal are already in the time zone.  Fights happen local time, so we can by where we sign have some choice when in the day/night our fights will take place, and it allows fights to be taking place at a lot of different times.

A city in Asia west of Japan, whether it's in Hong Kong or Dubai or something would be a good choice.  Africa might, if there's any of Africa east of St. Petersburg.

It would be nice for training to take place local time, if that didn't open it up to abuse from those with private jets of training extra by flying around to where training was occurring.  I'm not sure if the fastest private jets would allow that abuse or not; but if they did, with in-game money no object to some, that would be the reason not to do it.  If that abuse could be prevented or would be impossible anyway, it would be a nice thing, though.  I think it would be impossible without private jets, because even if the flights were fast enough to touch down "earlier" than they took off, the energy/morale penalty would be enough of a hit.

I'd also like cities to matter a bit for fights.  I've been convinced from reading about how teleportation was a bug but it was figured to be a good one that it's good that fighters can be based anywhere and fight elsewhere without needing to book flights, but there could be very small financial and morale hits (morale needed because to some money is no object) to fighting in a different city.

New fighters could get a break the way the magic clothes they start with doesn't hurt morale until after two fights.  So maybe there would be no financial hit for fighting outside one's home city for the first 5 fights, and QFC fights don't count against that, and the hits would be minor enough to be just a very ,mild discouragement to doing it, so maybe 10% of what the economy plane costs would be with no energy hit at all, though one still would teleport and return instantly, obviously not have to book a teleport, and only cash and morale, not energy, would take a hit-- and maybe less than 10% even, just a very mild incentive to prefer orgs in one's base city.

QFC should be able to be matched globally with no penalty, I agree.