SFL 70: Chauvin vs Floyd

Icon73

25 minutes ago, MasterLeader said:

Why are the optics bad? Is the word “murderer” not allowed in MMA?

The optics of the poster is that somebody literally thought it was  Chauvin beating up George Floyd. I knows its not but I'm literally just saying the title with the poster is just bad optics because someone literally thought it was.

18 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

The optics of the poster is that somebody literally thought it was  Chauvin beating up George Floyd. I knows its not but I'm literally just saying the title with the poster is just bad optics because someone literally thought it was.

Who " literally thought it was  Chauvin beating up George Floyd."?

We need to help that person.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JLP said:

Who " literally thought it was  Chauvin beating up George Floyd."?

We need to help that person.

25 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Icon mate you're not doing any favours haha. You can just leave it at "Making a joke about Chauvin murdering George Floyd on an internet MMA simulation game makes you a fucking scumbag" and not tried to talk about the "optics" and what not.

10 minutes ago, MasterLeader said:

Exactly - people just causing a fuss over nothing

25 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Icon mate you're not doing any favours haha. You can just leave it at "Making a joke about Chauvin murdering George Floyd on an internet MMA simulation game makes you a fucking scumbag" and not tried to talk about the "optics" and what not.

Hey fair enough that wasn't my problem with it my problem was the name. I just acknowledged that the optics are also not great. My whole point is the name and everyone harping on the issue with the poster as if its my issue with it when it isn't. This is just my noting how others reacted to seeing it. IDC about the poster, literally just telling you guys what others said.

• Downvote 1

On 4/24/2021 at 6:26 PM, JLP said:

who are these other people that contacted you?

He thought the poster was chauvin vs floyd. 

Idc about the poster i only care about the name and i want mike to make it clear to the community that this shit wont be tolerated in the future cause it literally is already against the rules and is just plain disrespectful.

8 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

1679523159_Screenshot_20210424-182807_SamsungInternet_compress52.thumb.jpg.78911c4efaf2ccdbff0a479ca03aa882.jpg

He thought the poster was chauvin vs floyd. 

Idc about the poster i only care about the name and i want mike to make it clear to the community that this shit wont be tolerated in the future cause it literally is already against the rules and is just plain disrespectful.

zackmartin finds the george floyd name disrespectful, but thought a Chauvin character would have a great story arc under camara:

On 4/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, zackmartin11 said:

George Floyd as a fighter doesn't make sense, but I actually think Derek Chauvin could be a good one if you had trash talking behind it. He's a power-hungry individual (cop) who murdered someone. I would've actually loved to see Camara's character arc with him. 

He didnt really say he thought the poster was a drawing of Chauvin beating floyd, but I can see how you'd infer that from his words.

• Upvote 1

Once, in a moment of weakness, I reported a player who had countless offensive names for his fighters.  A few of those were thinly veiled racial slurs. I was mad at the chode for trying to fuck me over and then going to mike and lying about our dispute.  Mike did nothing about it, and it was probably the right move because no matter what he does someone will be upset by his judgement. 

The guy still plays but doesnt have as many dumb names.  Edit: I'm wrong, there is a fighter with a thinly veiled racial slur as a name owned by said turd.

Edited by JLP
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JLP said:

zackmartin finds the george floyd name disrespectful, but thought a Chauvin character would have a great story arc under camara:

He didnt really say he thought the poster was a drawing of Chauvin beating floyd, but I can see how you'd infer that from his words.

Either unban Camara or punish SFL (even a warning). There shouldn't be flip-flopping based on who does it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, zackmartin11 said:

Either unban Camara or punish SFL (even a warning). There shouldn't be flip-flopping based on who does it

I don't agree with the naming of the event, it's dumb and was obviously done to get a rise out of people.

However, if you or anyone else think the ONLY reason Jude got banned was because of this naming thing then you're not seeing straight.

- multi account for years - before the whole 2+ company thing came into effect so he could have his 1 company and also a private gym

- tried to spin and win pick up an FA off his own multi account (i.e won an FA pick up on og account, released a fighter on his multi account, picked up fighter with his og account) something he continued to deny even when that was the direct reason given from mike and why the multi account was deleted.

- tried to scam mike when resetting fighters hype/pop/rank after a bug - tried to say his fighter had 300 ish hype and 444 pop when it was easily checked that he had around 230 hype and 340 pop

- got warned for fighter name previously

- pulled fighter name thing again

- has copped 6 forum warnings (abuse, spamming etc) from about a gazillion reported posts (we've been VERY lenient lol)

And probably a bunch of other shit I've forgotten about.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, JLP said:

Once, in a moment of weakness, I reported a player who had countless offensive names for his fighters.  A few of those were thinly veiled racial slurs. I was mad at the chode for trying to fuck me over and then going to mike and lying about our dispute.  Mike did nothing about it, and it was probably the right move because no matter what he does someone will be upset by his judgement. 

The guy still plays but doesnt have as many dumb names.  Edit: I'm wrong, there is a fighter with a thinly veiled racial slur as a name owned by said turd.

Yeah I was gonna sign a guy to my org recently and saw he basically had a fighter called Ni* *er....and yeah....those we're asterisks. At that point I'm like "Do I wanna ever speak to that guy?". Safe to say I stopped.

27 minutes ago, JLP said:

Ban cheaters, not trolls. 

Trolls add flavor, cheaters ruin the game.  In my opinion, mike has always been too lenient with cheaters and too harsh to trolls.

Ahh to be fair there's a difference between trolling; the act of trying to annoy and anger people....and being flat out racist.

5 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Yeah I was gonna sign a guy to my org recently and saw he basically had a fighter called Ni* *er....and yeah....those we're asterisks. At that point I'm like "Do I wanna ever speak to that guy?". Safe to say I stopped.

Ahh to be fair there's a difference between trolling; the act of trying to annoy and anger people....and being flat out racist.

Yeah, I know.  I havent been active enough during Camaras stint as #1 troll to give an opinion on his trolling.  If he had multis that were deleted, than the main account should have been clipped too.  But mike set the precedent long ago when he let mentor off with a light slap on the wrist.  That was probably the day the game really started its decline.

During the incident with the manager i mentioned earlier, I started receiving nasty messages on facebook from new accounts saying some racial slurs about my son and wife(different race than me).  Even though I dont know for sure it was said douche, it was part of the reason I finally severed the cord to mmatycoon. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TJMitchell said:

I don't agree with the naming of the event, it's dumb and was obviously done to get a rise out of people.

However, if you or anyone else think the ONLY reason Jude got banned was because of this naming thing then you're not seeing straight.

- multi account for years - before the whole 2+ company thing came into effect so he could have his 1 company and also a private gym

- tried to spin and win pick up an FA off his own multi account (i.e won an FA pick up on og account, released a fighter on his multi account, picked up fighter with his og account) something he continued to deny even when that was the direct reason given from mike and why the multi account was deleted.

- tried to scam mike when resetting fighters hype/pop/rank after a bug - tried to say his fighter had 300 ish hype and 444 pop when it was easily checked that he had around 230 hype and 340 pop

- got warned for fighter name previously

- pulled fighter name thing again

- has copped 6 forum warnings (abuse, spamming etc) from about a gazillion reported posts (we've been VERY lenient lol)

And probably a bunch of other shit I've forgotten about.

You couldn’t have put it any better - agree with everything on this.

Fuck Camara, Karter is not even in the same league as this douche

• Downvote 1

On 4/25/2021 at 2:50 AM, JLP said:

Yeah, I know.  I havent been active enough during Camaras stint as #1 troll to give an opinion on his trolling.  If he had multis that were deleted, than the main account should have been clipped too.  But mike set the precedent long ago when he let mentor off with a light slap on the wrist.  That was probably the day the game really started its decline.

During the incident with the manager i mentioned earlier, I started receiving nasty messages on facebook from new accounts saying some racial slurs about my son and wife(different race than me).  Even though I dont know for sure it was said douche, it was part of the reason I finally severed the cord to mmatycoon. 

That's fucking shit man. Shit like that does make me want to reign it in with having the craic on the forums.

I don't know too much about Camara to be fair, but his trolling style was typically pretty funny to me. I could find myself getting annoyed by his posts even though I KNOW what he's doing...and it still worked. Small things like "Me and Mike have talked and decided that.....". Subtle but infuriating.

But just leave race alone, specifically right now when we're all trying to cut casual racism out of shit, when trolling. Don't have to go with the low hanging fruit.

When did everyone get so soft.  Who give a rats ass about a bum drug addict that got his because he resisted?   Fucking get over it, it didnt affect anyone other than bringing out racial tension.   There are tons of nearly identical cases that go un talked about.  Anyone whose been alive more that 20 yrs knows the whole thing was bullshit stirred to creat racial tension before the election to try and sway the black voters.  Not one of you truly gives a shit about G.F.  and if you do it shows youre just a sheep

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, skull said:

When did everyone get so soft.  Who give a rats ass about a bum drug addict that got his because he resisted?   Fucking get over it, it didnt affect anyone other than bringing out racial tension.   There are tons of nearly identical cases that go un talked about.  Anyone whose been alive more that 20 yrs knows the whole thing was bullshit stirred to creat racial tension before the election to try and sway the black voters.  Not one of you truly gives a shit about G.F.  and if you do it shows youre just a sheep

Fyi - saying stupid shit like this is just as sheepy as anything anyone is saying on the other side.

• Upvote 1