What's left to fix before we "go live"

MMATycoon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should mention that, I was just looking at that this second :) Just trying to figure out a processor efficient way of doing it. I've spent nearly all day redoing the way we work out rankings so that it helps out the server load and speeds up page load, so I'm a bit pained to do something that will increase it :D

Anyway, I'll sort this fairly soon - just trying to figure out how, as I say. There are easy ways, just no efficient way that I can think of yet.

Funny you should mention that, I was just looking at that this second :) Just trying to figure out a processor efficient way of doing it. I've spent nearly all day redoing the way we work out rankings so that it helps out the server load and speeds up page load, so I'm a bit pained to do something that will increase it :D

Anyway, I'll sort this fairly soon - just trying to figure out how, as I say. There are easy ways, just no efficient way that I can think of yet.

Looks like you're going to take out that celeron proccessor you've got in your server and put together an i7 rig. :lol:

What's an i7 rig, I have no idea, I'm presuming a processor. :D

The current server is pretty decent, including the processor :) It's got a Quad Core Xeon 2.13 GHz. I'm going to upgrade to a better server pretty soon but the jump in price is pretty big. The one I want to change to is just under $400 per month so need more VIPs before that's an option!

LOL W_D.

Oh boy, a chat box. This place seems pretty civil at the moment. But once it gets established, a chat box would get crazy. At least that is what I have seen on another MMA game. Gets pretty rough in there. I would not envy the mods here for that one. Would be OK for a while, but once this thing takes off, my guess is that it would get ugly.

If it does happen, establish some stern rules from the get go and make sure to enforce them. And equally for everyone.

I see many nights :mf_popcorn1: and watching the fights about the fights. lol

You may or may not want to fix this little gem:

Coming up we have a heavyweight bout between Gabriel Flores and Michal Zee. Zee has a niggling injury. He would have liked to come in 100% fit but that's not always possible. On his way into the cage it seems that Gabriel Flores has been attacked by a crazed fan! It looks like it might have been the just bleed guy! Luckily Gabriel Flores seems to be OK! I thought that lunatic was in prison!?

I like the idea of a chat box because of how busy the forum s are likely to get.

But I prefer the forum idea because it gives the mods a chance to make sure things don't get out of hand.

I like the idea of a chat box because of how busy the forum s are likely to get.

But I prefer the forum idea because it gives the mods a chance to make sure things don't get out of hand.

While a chat box does have its advantages, the mods will need to prepare themselves for a whole new beast.

When I try to log on sometimes, I get a browser message saying it can't find the site...it happens when I'm already in as well. Any idea what may be causing this?

Update on training progress. It's nearly done. I've re-written 12 of the 19 types of training so far and will get the rest done within a couple of days tops.

Run time is down from about an hour and a half to under a minute to run the script - just need to check it's all working and will be implementing it properly at the start of next week.