HIGHLAND $6mil CREATION DATE TOURNAMENT

clydebankblitz

2 hours ago, venom09 said:

Without wanting to be a huge hassle, which I am almost sure it will be, can we get an updated schedule with the changes, or the one posted edited? Just curious who is going when and who is facing who with all of the...ahem...controversy surrounding who is in and not. Thanks in advance if this is possible, if not, I totally understand!

Yep I will do. When the contracts have been accepted, I'll post the finalised groups (but it'll only be the 3 new guys that replace the 3 removed guys). The dates will be moved forward as I said previously. 

But if it helps you, I'm pretty sure your group will remain the same. Your fight dates should be November 7, November 21 and December 5. You should be facing Lek Buddha, then Juice Box, then Judo Beau.

• Upvote 1

16341082173242.jpg  

Jerry "The Officer" Short (379233)                       

It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law.

"Finally. I'm honored to finalize the contract with one of the greatest MMA organization ever.

I'm 25 yo police officer who is 2-0 (2 SUB 2-1RND) in MMA. I'm perfect grappler and I beat up so many mugs and robbers who was twice bigger and heavier than me in my life. Now it's time for the law. As a guardian of law, I must win the most important tournament in my life, and I'm ready for it.

Are you living in accordance with the law?
I will check it out.

I'm after work now. Now little coffee and a strawberry donut!

Going to the MMA training really soon!
Bye, guys!

And... Watch out for the chokes!"  

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Curix said:
        16341082173242.jpg  

It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law.

"Finally. I'm honored to finalize the contract with one of the greatest MMA organization ever.

I'm 25 yo police officer who is 2-0 (2 SUB 2-1RND) in MMA. I'm perfect grappler and I beat up so many mugs and robbers who was twice bigger and heavier than me in my life. Now it's time for the law. As a guardian of law, I must win the most important tournament in my life, and I'm ready for it.

Are you living in accordance with the law?
I will check it out.

I'm after work now. Now little coffee and a strawberry donut!

Going to the MMA training really soon!
Bye, guys!

And... Watch out for the chokes!"  

Thought that finished with "watch out for the cheeks!"  ?

• Upvote 2

Alright, updates!

All but one fight offer has been sent out for the first fights. Juice Box and Judo Beau will receive their fight offer after Beau's fighter competes in his October 31st grappling match.

The OP of this thread has an updated schedule graphic with the new groups; Ben Greedy to G, Dan Bill to Group F, Gurra Granat to Group E.

I have also added a link to the full schedule on Challonge, which will be used for tracking points.

CHALLONGE BRACKET: https://challonge.com/tefl591e

It's at this stage I'll reiterate some of the rules; 

• A win gets you 3 points.
  • A tie gets you 1 point.
  • A loss gets you 0 points.
  • If a manager or fighter doesn't accept a fight for whatever reason, it will be classified as a win for the opponent.
  • In the event of a tie in the group, method of victory / speed of victory will be factored in.
  • Upvote 4

16341082173242.jpg

"Holy shit! What a weekend! A lot of fucking paper-work and even more coffees with donuts! I'm tired. I train really a lot and work a lot. It makes me crazy a little but now time for a weekend, fucking awesome weekend!

My plans?! Running naked around my garden with my wife and drinking a lot of whiskey. Oh yeah! Fuck yeah!

I know my opponent. I heard bout his wrestling skills. They are super lame, so it will be the easiest thing I have ever done. I will beat his ass really fast.

Good luck, shithead! You know the rules? The rules of the law? I don't think so because in MMA wrestling game is really important. In life? Also.
See you soon, my lovely mate. Kisses and slaps."

• Upvote 3

Highland $6 Million Tournament

Group Stage Matches for Nov. 5th

Round 1   Group A

Reznikov vs Campbell

The first matchup of this much anticipated tourney hosted by the illustrious Highland organization looks to be a hotly contested matchup of different styles. Campbell brings in his considerable Muay Thai skills as well as a ten pound advantage to face off against Reznikov's superior BJJ training as shown by the Blue Belt status. Both men have equivalent wrestling skills though Reznikov will no doubt be looking to compromise the strong defensive ground game of Campbell. Keeping Reznikov in the clinch and punishing him against the cage will be key for a victory for Campbell.

Wick vs Novak

The second matchup of Group A sees Wick and Novak, two men of identical weight, but with Wick holding a considerable height advantage. Wick will be looking to exploit his reach advantage with his superior Boxing skills to keep the fight on their feet and to the outside. Novak meanwhile will be looking to close the gap quickly and put the lanky Wick on the ground and battle it out for a submission. Novak boasts a Blue Belt though both men are equally matched in traditional wrestling skills. Wick will be looking to stuff those takedowns from Novak long enough to land a big shot to potentially end the match early.

Round 1   Group B

Guapo vs Xeng

You want and stand and bang matchup? That's what we are likely to see when Guapo takes on Xeng. Guapo has a significant reach advantage he will be looking to combine with his Boxing skills to keep the smaller Xeng on the outside. Xeng meanwhile will be looking to clinch up and batter his opponent, though Guapo has the advantage in being more skilled in wrestling, will it be enough to control the clinch enough to land some shots of his own?

Lamez vs Sims

Lamez and Sims square off without a significant height or weight advantage going to either man. Lamez will be looking to take any opportunity available to take the fight to the mat where he will hope to use his superior wrestling skills to submit his fellow Brown Belt holder. Sims will be looking to keep the fight standing more than likely, where he can put to use his clear advantage in Boxing to ward off any takedown attempts or land a deciding blow and end the match.

Round 1   Group C

Durdan vs Winner

This fight sees the almost gangly figure of Winner taking on a more compact man in Durdan. Both men tip the scales at 140lbs naturally so there should be no problem with either making weight for the event. Both men are accomplished BJJ fighters with each holding a Brown Belt, so the only real ground advantage should be held by Winner with his Wrestling proficiency. Durdan will be looking to somehow negate the reach advantage of Winner and put on a display of his Boxing skills to beat down the taller man.

Kashi vs Friedman

Kashi will be giving up a slight weight difference but almost a half foot height advantage to his opponent Friedman. Once again both men boast comparable wrestling skills, with Friedman also holding a Blue Belt to supplement his ground game over Kashi. The reach difference may not be a factor if Kashi gets his way as he will be looking to clinch up and punish Friedman up close with his Muay Thai skills. One of our scouts reported that Kashi may have spent more time in his training regimen with Friedman testing his skills against three different fighters. Will this come into play in this matchup? We will see!

Look for further updates here for all your tournament previews! Good luck to all of the participants!

• Upvote 6

Aleksander "The Riffer" Einar (379372)

"I heard about that piggy Jerry Short talking shit.  I've heard this song played way too many times.  Apparently he needs a badge to feel like a man.  Whatever, to each his own.  Also what kind of weird f*cker runs around naked in his garden?  Pretty sure that's illegal.  He better at least be wearing his gun belt and badge.

Word on the street is he has had some mishaps with fences.  Maybe he needs to lay of the donuts for a few minutes.  Once I get him up against the cage, he's gonna want to call in backup.  Sorry bro, no gun, no backup, just your fat piggy ass gettin wrecked!"

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jkawell said:

Aleksander "The Riffer" Einar (379372)

"I heard about that piggy Jerry Short talking shit.  I've heard this song played way too many times.  Apparently he needs a badge to feel like a man.  Whatever, to each his own.  Also what kind of weird f*cker runs around naked in his garden?  Pretty sure that's illegal.  He better at least be wearing his gun belt and badge.

Word on the street is he has had some mishaps with fences.  Maybe he needs to lay of the donuts for a few minutes.  Once I get him up against the cage, he's gonna want to call in backup.  Sorry bro, no gun, no backup, just your fat piggy ass gettin wrecked!"

16341082173242.jpg

"What the hell?! You know what? I know the best what I can do. Are you jealous, man?! It's sad. A little. You are really scared bro, don't worry! Not for so long! The fight is really soon!

You are not even funny talking this shit! You know that you are going to lose this miss match. Say something more. I like your shitty trash-talking, little baby-boy!

My gun is probably twice the size as your little dick. You are jealous!"
  • Upvote 1

Group Stage Matches for Nov. 7th

Round 1   Group D

Malig vs Valentino

Valentino holds a significant height advantage over Malig in this first round matchup of pure grappler ve pure striker. With the obvious reach advantage Valentino will likely be looking to keep to the outside and catch Malig with his superb Boxing skills. Malig meanwhile will no doubt be looking to get this fight on the ground where his advantage in wrestling ability and Brown Belt in BJJ can be put to good use. Will Malig be able to weather the storm of blows to get to Valentino, or fall short. Time will tell.

Suzuki vs McCallen

Physically McCallen is taller, but lighter than his opponent Suzuki. This will be another striker vs grappler matchup with McCallen going all in on his Boxing and Muay Thai skills to batter Suzuki before the grappler can secure a hold on him. Should Suzuki catch McCallen off guard though his high level wrestling skills and Purple Belt should make short work of the other fighter. Truly a throwback fight to see!

Round 1   Group E

Lilja vs Naarden

Lilja and Naarden touch gloves in London to begin the second day of the opening round. Lilja holds a 10cm and seven pound advantage over his opponent, but it remains to be seen if at all this will come into play as Lilja prefers to battle from the clinch. Combined with his command of wrestling, equaled by Naarden, Lilja should be able to control the action in the clinch. If the fight goes to the mat however the advantage changes to Naarden and, holding a Brown Belt in BJJ, he will no doubt be looking to secure one of Liljas long limbs for the submission. Getting Lilja to the ground may be a tall order, is Naarden up for the task?

Jack vs Thibodeaux 

Thibodeaux gives up over half a foot to Jack in this matchup, though we should see little Boxing action where reach really comes into play. Jack will be pitting his wrestling skills against a similar background from Thibodeaux, looking to take him down where his Blue Belt in BJJ will come into play. Getting the tap from Thibodeaux may prove to be a challenge though as he loves to clinch up and punish his opponents up close and personal style. One factor that may come into play is the additional training time put in by Thibodeaux in preparation for this tourney, while Jack successfully defeated four out of four fights he took on leading up to the event. This could shape up to be a battle of experience vs preparation, who do you think takes it?

Round 1   Group F

Einar vs Short

There is no love lost between these men as the taller Einar will be looking to stuff the naked gardening ways of Officer Short. Einar is a match for Short in grappling, but will be looking to control the match from the clinch and pummel his opponent without mercy. Short meanwhile will be looking to take Einar off his feet like a common criminal where he plans to subdue Einar using his Brown Belt BJJ skills. It should be a hotly contested fight that could end at any time as the musician and the Officer face off inside the cage.

Sonnen vs Colon

Only five pounds and seven centimeters separate these men physically, though they have dramatically different approached to MMA fighting. Sonnen Is a grappler by nature, where he holds an edge over Colon as well as a Purple Belt in BJJ tested over two victories leading up to the tournament. Colon is a bit of a wild card having this as his first professional fight, though he should be looking to keep Sonnen at range where he will be looking to catch Sonnen with a mean hook with his significant Boxing skills.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Group Stage Matches for Nov. 12th

Round 1   Group G

Brown vs Luciano

Today's first event sees the larger man, Brown, staring down Luciano across the cage. Brown should be looking to capitalize on his reach advantage and Boxing skills by keeping to the outside for most of the fight. Luciano meanwhile will likely be looking to close the gap into the clinch where his remarkable Muay Thai skills and slight edge in wrestling should keep him in control and landing strikes solidly. The crowd should get a real thriller in this fight as these men go toe to toe and put on a striking display!

Arsenault vs Mahoo

In a sharp contrast to each other these men are opposite in size and style. Arsenault has a definite size and weight advantage which he will no doubt be looking to convert into power and reach with his wonderful skills in Boxing. The diminutive Mahoo should not be taken lightly, pun intended, as he boasts more wrestling skill than his opponent as well as a Blue Belt in BJJ. This should shape up to be a true battle to see if Mahoo can get past Arsenault's defenses long enough to topple the big man into more comfortable territory for himself. Another classic striker versus grappler match up!

Group Stage Matches for Nov. 14th

Round 1   Group H

Rafferty vs Murphy

This fight sees Rafferty taking on the smaller, and I mean bring on Thanksgiving and he could still make the cut, Murphy. Rafferty is a pure striker with high level Muay Thai and Boxing skills, and so is comfortable at range or up close as the situation dictates. Murphy meanwhile will likely be looking to take Rafferty out of his comfort zone and onto the mat where he is a wonderful Wrestler and holds a Purple Belt on BJJ. Positioning will be key in this match, whomever controls it will be dictating the pace.

Finn vs Douche

The final fight of the first round sees Finn taking on...am I reading this right...it is? Douche. I'm not sure if I am mispronouncing the name, my apologies if I am. This will definitely shape up to be an epic ground was as both men prefer a grappling match over a stand up fight. The slightly larger Finn holds an edge in wrestling skill over Douche, but only holds a Blue Belt to be overmatched by his opponents Purple Belt in BJJ. This fight is going to be up close and personal as Finn gets Douche in the cage! Seriously, I don't make this stuff up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On November 5th, we'll be kicking off with our first event of the tournament. Group A, B and C will all be in action.

THE MATCH UPS

GROUP A

Kumza Reznikov (Master Leader) Vs Ian Campbell (Jet)

Nando Wick (Marius Catalin) Vs Peter Novak (Jack King)

GROUP B

El Guapo (Rob Devastation) Vs Hokage Xeng (Blaze King)

Scottie Lamez (Maurice Simmons) Vs Vudu Sims (Jimmy Normal)

GROUP C

Tyler Durden (Hector Bautista) Vs Dave Winner (Shape Shifter)

Ka Kashi (Scott Bandz) Vs David Friedman (Rodrigo Rojas)

IMPLICATED BETS

OptimalMMAPicks - 50k Scott Bandz at 3/1

TheMatth99 - 50k Scott Bandz at 3/1

Master Leader - 50k Scott Bandz at 3/1

Jet - 50k Scott Bandz at 2/1

Scott Bandz - 50k Jet at 10/1

Dakota - 50k Jet at 10/1

Maurice Simmons - 50k Jet at 10/1

Jimmy Normal - 50k Jimmy Normal at 2/1

EVENT PREVIEW

Group A, B & C - Fight 1 Preview (By Jason Swanson)

• Upvote 1

Time for today;

THE MATCH UPS

GROUP D

Morgan Malig (Jason Swanson) Vs Eros Valentino (Lek Buddha)

Kenji Suzuki (Judo Beau) Vs Trevor McCallen (Juice Box)

GROUP E

Gudmar Lilja (Gurra Granat) Vs Ronny Naarden (Optimal)

Billy Jack (Thomas Forrester) Vs Kaiden Thibodeaux (Dakota Thibodeaux)

GROUP F

Aleksander Einar (Dan Bill) Vs Jerry Short (Roman Benson)

Sterling Sonnen (Tristan Finch) Vs DreBerto Colon (Johnny Lee)

EVENT PREVIEW

Group C, D & E - Fight 1 Preview (By Jason Swanson)

On 10/29/2021 at 3:36 PM, Curix said:

16341082173242.jpg

"What the hell?! You know what? I know the best what I can do. Are you jealous, man?! It's sad. A little. You are really scared bro, don't worry! Not for so long! The fight is really soon!

You are not even funny talking this shit! You know that you are going to lose this miss match. Say something more. I like your shitty trash-talking, little baby-boy!

My gun is probably twice the size as your little dick. You are jealous!"

I smell bacon!  Here piggy piggy!

• Upvote 1