HIGHLAND $6mil CREATION DATE TOURNAMENT

clydebankblitz

Right well I'm off to sleep now so if you wanted to take advantage of the current odds before I adjust anything for fleecing me too much, this would be the time to shoot haha.

@gwad12345 I wasn't sure if you pulled the trigger on your one so just lmk if you wanted to stick anything on it. I know it's only 10k, that's why I initially wanted to do 100k cap to make things more interesting but I thought it'd be smarter to do a test run at 50k first haha

23 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Right well I'm off to sleep now so if you wanted to take advantage of the current odds before I adjust anything for fleecing me too much, this would be the time to shoot haha.

@gwad12345 I wasn't sure if you pulled the trigger on your one so just lmk if you wanted to stick anything on it. I know it's only 10k, that's why I initially wanted to do 100k cap to make things more interesting but I thought it'd be smarter to do a test run at 50k first haha

Yeah, I am putting my money down. 50k or more whatever the max you wanna allow me.

• Upvote 1

As it stands;

If Scott Bandz wins his group, betters make 350K in profit.

If Jet wins his group, betters make 900k in profit.

If Jimmy Normal wins his group, betters make 50k in profit.

If G Wad wins his group, betters make 10k in profit.

As there are no conflicting bets, that leaves the Highland coffers at risk of losing 1.31m on bets alone! That's essentially gambling 1.31m to win 400k from me. Damn haha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

As it stands;

If Scott Bandz wins his group, betters make 350K in profit.

If Jet wins his group, betters make 900k in profit.

If Jimmy Normal wins his group, betters make 50k in profit.

If G Wad wins his group, betters make 10k in profit.

As there are no conflicting bets, that leaves the Highland coffers at risk of losing 1.31m on bets alone! That's essentially gambling 1.31m to win 400k from me. Damn haha

yes but all the odds that someone loses are way higher so they are pretty in your favor still

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scottxbandz said:

yes but all the odds that someone loses are way higher so they are pretty in your favor still

We'll see haha. I wanted to set realistic odds as per a bookie (ie. giving someone like Jet much longer odds than he deserved, but because you want people to bet) but I chickened out of doing 100k cause there might have been a route for me to lose like 10mil or something haha.

The money is just getting reinvested into bonuses or paying off the test org anyways.

53 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

We'll see haha. I wanted to set realistic odds as per a bookie (ie. giving someone like Jet much longer odds than he deserved, but because you want people to bet) but I chickened out of doing 100k cause there might have been a route for me to lose like 10mil or something haha.

The money is just getting reinvested into bonuses or paying off the test org anyways.

You have a gigantic rake. Just look at the implied probability for everyone by group.

Taking just my group - 

G Wad - 1/5 - i.e. 83% implied chance to win
Mickey Rafferty - 3/2 - i.e. 40% implied chance to win
Aydan The Wandering Spirit - 3/2 - i.e. 40% implied chance to win
Ben Hornby - 3/1 - i.e. 25% implied chance to win

Actually Group C looks like it's not insanely priced. All the others do though lol

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gwad12345 said:

You have a gigantic rake. Just look at the implied probability for everyone by group.

Taking just my group - 

G Wad - 1/5 - i.e. 83% implied chance to win
Mickey Rafferty - 3/2 - i.e. 40% implied chance to win
Aydan The Wandering Spirit - 3/2 - i.e. 40% implied chance to win
Ben Hornby - 3/1 - i.e. 25% implied chance to win

Actually Group C looks like it's not insanely priced. All the others do though lol

So to make it completely "standard" I'd want to have it around 100% chance implied chance to win between all 4, and then I can play around with incentivising extras?

This is the exact reason I didn't do 100k and just allow free for all, I wasn't knowledgeable enough haha

1 minute ago, clydebankblitz said:

So to make it completely "standard" I'd want to have it around 100% chance implied chance to win between all 4, and then I can play around with incentivising extras?

This is the exact reason I didn't do 100k and just allow free for all, I wasn't knowledgeable enough haha

Yea if its 100 that would mean zero rake. So normally it should be a bit above 100 but anywhere close to 200 is a little much lol

1 minute ago, gwad12345 said:

Yea if its 100 that would mean zero rake. So normally it should be a bit above 100 but anywhere close to 200 is a little much lol

Haha good to know. So if I was going to run my own generated odds like this again, something like...

G Wad - 1/2 (66%)
Mickey Rafferty - 4/1 (20%)
Aydan The Wandering Spirit - 4/1 (20%)
Ben Hornby - 7/1 (12.5%)

...would be a better reflection?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

Haha good to know. So if I was going to run my own generated odds like this again, something like...

G Wad - 1/2 (66%)
Mickey Rafferty - 4/1 (20%)
Aydan The Wandering Spirit - 4/1 (20%)
Ben Hornby - 7/1 (12.5%)

...would be a better reflection?

Nah I think what you’ve done is fine - if people don’t want to bet then they won’t. You’re just playing it safe

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MasterLeader said:

Nah I think what you’ve done is fine - if people don’t want to bet then they won’t. You’re just playing it safe

We'll see how it goes this time anyways. I do think it'd be cool to have an extra layer of excitement in knowing you've got 100k on the line but also might win 500k or something, but I don't wanna do anything too stupid too soon.

2 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

We'll see how it goes this time anyways. I do think it'd be cool to have an extra layer of excitement in knowing you've got 100k on the line but also might win 500k or something, but I don't wanna do anything too stupid too soon.

i love having the bets bro! you  did fine honestly.. its def got me more hype

• Upvote 1