The whole Rundown

Icon73

On 10/9/2021 at 11:05 AM, gwad12345 said:

To the unbiased observer, all you fruitcakes blasting Kishion for I still don't really understand what look really dumb.

When I say I don't understand, I mean I don't think I understand because if his worst infractions are the ones you're accusing him of here it doesn't make any sense.

Let's start with the bombshell allegation that Kishion didn't return all the money, which somebody else stole, to Mike immediately. This requires first ignoring the fact that I, and 99% of the rest of the community, would have done the exact same thing if a lump sum of cash was dropped into our pockets. 

It all reeks of a small group of people who have a personal problem with Kishion seizing an opportunity to settle old scores.

But maybe I'm missing something. Maybe you had to be on Chuck or Barney's tip to give a shit about this "snitching", I don't know.

What do I have to do with this?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 12:49 PM, gwad12345 said:

The point is only really biased people who have something against Kishion already would care about it. Now, the biased people, Naughty Boys and Keyboard Warriors, were/are large alliances so yes that's quite a few people. But that doesn't vindicate your irrelevant gotcha questions no matter how many people from these two alliances gang up on Kishion and upvote your posts. 

You have looked silly since the beginning even though it was nothing but a cacophony against Kishion 

If you spilled my name there because Im an "ex NC bois", im probably the only ex-member that is ok with Kishion and talked (nicely) with him after the disband. I was not invited to new discord channel.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, robin10 said:

Fair question, but i don't think it's shady at all tbh, he literally laid it all out for all of us to see.

Now, as far as i am concerned, the money glitch part of the issue should have been dealt with privately and should never have been discussed out in a public forum in the first place, and it certainly shouldn't have been discussed in the syn server at all, so that is the only part i didn't like about all of this. 

I disagree. It was done public so back in the days at MMABR threads, it should have been public now as well.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:59 PM, clydebankblitz said:

But's it's temporary right? Now that Chuck's gone, if 20/20/20 is sitting there like it would have been before, it'll just revert right back to how it was before, no?

No. Because of overinflated contracts and "money printed out of nowhere", Mike had to invent bullshit money sinks over and over again. Gym coaches wanting a fucking raise, what a delight, am I right?

Now the glitched money "is gone" but the money sinks are all up. On the record, the MMABR fiasco was, what, 2011? So glitch money been around for a big big while.

here is some educational info for u, glitch been described step by step in this thread:

The following is ten years complied into paragraphs. This may not be helpful for anyone but myself. 

Now the following piece is where BrotherHec played

I started playing the MMAT game around a decade ago. When I first started, I had read the WIKI like crazy, which at that time the Wiki looked different than it does now and no one seems to agree with me on that which makes me wonder if I have a personal Mandela Effect going on with me. At that time, I named all of my fighters after Mobsters, and I played a Mafia game at the same time. I loved writing quite a bit in the Mafia game and people had a tendency to love the way I would string my words together, almost to the level of Hares ability. One day, I discovered the Forums and found that there was this thread called "Need or Want to be  A Writer?" My interested had been piqued. The chance to write for my favorite sport, trying my hand to interest people in MMA? I had to roll the dice. 

Of course, the journey did not begin as I would have imagined it to have. No one needed my skills. It was a strange time. I also did not want to take anyone's position as that would have not been acceptable. Soon I found an Org and I cant remember who it was but they offered me a whopping 15k a week per preview. I was so anxious to see how my preview would do and If people would like it. To my delight, it was well received by the org owner and some of the managers. I continued to write for this org for a while until I realized, if I write for a few more orgs at the same time I could make 50k a week and eventually have enough money to begin my own MMA ORG. 

I met this man who went by ChuckW94. He had asked me what my pay would be and I said, well I think I deserve $25k due to my experience and the shortage of writers that are out. The agreement was there and shortly after I had written for a few orgs, I found myself burnt out for the first time. It was embarrassing. I had done enough to acquire $200k and fell into this expectation that I was to write spending hours upon hours building something that began to feel meaning less to me. I thought I would receive a similar style of praise for my writing as I did in the other game, I thought people would flock to me hear the predictions, the keys to victory, and the interviews. But it all felt empty. I found myself fully disconnected from the game, with one private message every couple of days from a guy named Mike who shared with me about game updates or something of that nature. I left the game. 

A year or so went by and I had gone to a UFC Fight Week. I saw all the journalists and my desire to write was brought back. I came back and messaged Chuckw94. No reply. I didn't blame him. I couldn't blame him. I left him as the writer to his org when he was expecting to pay me so much. I found a couple of start up orgs who desired a writer and were able to pay me 5k a week. It was tough but that's what they offered. Soon after that was going, I had met this guy @Alfred who reached out to me about being a writer. I agreed and we were on our way. I tried setting him up a GMAIL. Something Like Alfred Winterbottom at Gmail dot com. I was going to save the things in the drive and allow him to access it that way. I wrote a couple things for him and then my old pal Chuckw94 had privately messaged me, something along the lines of him being so busy and he apologized but would love to offer me a gig. 100k was the deal. I wrote for a while and truly had a blast. Somewhere along the way, I stopped writing for Alfred, not for any disagreement but due to the nature of writing became so time consuming I could only allow myself to write for one org at a time.

A few days after my first or second preview for Chuckw94, I had seen my profile had 3 million in the bank. I was boggled. How did I obtain this much money? Was I always this rich? The video skit of Dave Chappelle saying, "I'm rich Bitch" was in my head. I could finally open an org. I kept instead writing. Because, it is what I enjoyed. After a while I had left the game again yet this time it was to be a missionary for a few years and not due to burnout. 

Finally, I had returned under the old at BrotherHec account. Chuckw94 now had this killer operation. I did not desire to write this time but to see what the game had become, if it had improved or crumbled due to the lack of player base. I messaged Chuckw94 and @Rambo as they were the only people I had really ever interacted with when I played the game. It looked like the game was going strong, it looked like everyone was enjoying it. I knew I had no time to write or own an org and I knew I didn't care enough about the fighter management side to stay and play. I still don't care about the fighter management piece of the game. I hardly check sliders. So, I had surrendered all my cash to Chuckw94 and said, "good luck bro, I am leaving the game for good" (this was a year ago). Chuck immediately responded with messages like, Are you okay? Is everything good with you? Do you need to talk? This is the sign of a good man. Someone who sees past the veil. All was fine. I just wanted to see one of my friends do well with the money that truthfully he gave a large portion to and my life was in major transition. I departed....again. 

Now the following piece is where TycoonHec played

Several months went by and things were very stable. Great job. Beautiful house. Beautiful family. The Lord has been good to me. I no longer have the time for those other video games as they rob me of so much time, so Tycoon was the game I knew I could fall back on from time to time. I picked it up and messaged the two guys I remembered. I sought to see if I could be an editor for the times again, which gratefully I am not. As Mike famously asked, "Are you going to stick around this time?" I laughed at that. 

I decided to come back with the intention of winning the Writer of the Year trophy. Probably kind of cheesy and not that many other people desire it, but when you spend hours upon hours writing, as writers know, it had been the thing I coveted more than anything else in the game. I started out in the forums announcing the return and desire to write. I wrote for the Highland, at the time an org that was doing way too many events in a week to keep up with. I wrote for another org a few times and even did some free shit for fun. I opened a gym and had superstar athletes come out to spar with some of my gym members and closed the gym as someone shared with me that many of the guys that were taking advantage of the gym were Multi's. I figured out a multi meant multi account and found myself a bit defeated. The gym was being funded by my hours of writing and I was charging these guys $50 a week so they could fall in love with Tycoon. I felt like I was being laughed at and taken advantage of and I ended up offending someone in that process. I closed the gym as a response as I did not want to help a multi-account but only new users to the game and after losing thousands of dollars, I don't believe I was able to truly do that. 

My old pal Chuck found me this time and offered me to write for his Syn org. I quickly accepted and did a preview or two before he messaged me and shared that he was going to sell the org. I didn't understand what was going on or the reasoning behind it. He shared with me that it became almost dull to him. Those were not his exact words. But he was looking to try something new. I was excited for him, I believe as humans we should always test ourselves and push ourselves to a new limit. I was also curious who would be taking over in his place, and he shared with me "the best possible person to lead SYN" 

About the same time, a man named @Icon73 reached out and asked if I could cover one of his Alpha events. We actually started off pretty rough and awkward, and if I was honest, I had committed to SYN, Highland, and this random other org that I had written for free for and I can not remember the name of, I did not want to add Alpha into the mix. He said, its just this one time thing so I agreed. Soon after I had written the preview for him and he shared with me his own writer had said he would prefer me to do the writing and he didn't even enjoy writing. 

So a few weeks went by and as I was writing for Highland, Alpha, and the tiny org, Chuckw94 had reached out with his friend @JudoJoker they asked if I could write a couple of things from time to time and I said just let me know when. The enthusiasm of Judo was catching for me. It was the first time he was able to lead an org and he was thrilled. During that time, Syn saw a few 'Presidents' running in and all were actually place holders. I was so confused at to who the real leader behind this org was but was very excited to meet them as the potential continued writer for SYN. 

The Island Season came to an end, my entire goal was to help Highland be the best in my little ability and truthfully witnessing the expertise of @clydebankblitz made me rediscover my desire to own an org. Around the same time, @Icon73 became the sole proprietor of Syn. I had slowly become friends with this guy, despite are sometimes back and forth disagreements. I now no longer wrote for Highland or this tiny org or Alpha. The only commitments I had was to Chuck and Kstacks. 

They both paid me very well. I never really had a friend in this game apart from the ones I had mentioned above. I never joined an alliance. I never knew how much money a single event took in. I, in my naivety did not know that cheating was actually a thing in an online game like this.

On one afternoon a conversation had occurred where I was informed that Chuck had found a glitch and utilized it. I did not believe it or at least did not want to believe it. I actually believed that this was a lie. I continued to write for CWC when the statement "Hec likes the dirty money" hit me like a ton of bricks. 

I believe I have earned my money. Any writer would tell you that hours are spent building a strong preview. Any writer would tell you that their job as writer is filled with an expectation they cant fully comprehend. I responded to the statement with my own, "I work for a friend. How you make yours is how you make yours and How I make mine is how I make mine." I did not believe I cheated. But maybe I contributed to the system of it. Which, may make me guilty.  

Yet now I am left wondering, did I too exploit the monetary glitch in the system? 

The Syn Thread saw a few going after KStacks. I don't know the guys who argued with him that well, if at all. Truthfully, I also didn't understand all of what they were speaking of. After one of my previews someone wrote, "Nice preview did you know you were working for a snitch?" and truthfully the answer remained the same as when I was questioned about working for Chuck, I work for a friend.

I felt bad that someone was being rejected from his friends. I felt bad that I watched two guys I consider friends coming to the bring of leaving the game. I felt like I could not take sides or speak up as I would hurt one or the other. So I privately reached out to both as best as I could and attempt to be with them.

Guys, we live in a crazy time. A scary time. Nothing in our life is permanent. Lets not abuse each other too much. Sometimes all we have in our life is the little bit of life we get from the things we spend time doing. Do not allow your time here to be robbed by indignation. 

I would also just encourage us to reach out to Chuck and let him know he is not the worst person alive and that most of us want him to come back. It takes three seconds to type a sentence to say, "How are you? Come back."  I want him to come back. 

• Upvote 4

"Is it okay if I write for Syn too?"

"Yeah, lol you don't need to ask me"

"Okay no problem"

YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LEAVE ME HEC!!!!!

But nah you're good man. You have been the top writer on MMATycoon all year round. I'm pretty sure you've told me your average salary in Syn before and it was a little bit more than I was paying, and I wasn't even a PPV org or anything (and probably trying to pretend Highland wasn't extremely unprofitable at the time haha). As a writer you can set your price, and if people are willing to pay that, that's on them. Especially considering you were happy to write for so little originally, you deserved it.

• Like 2