Canadian Fighting Championship Info Thread

DeadDisney

Whew. It has been a hectic two days. I will get the org completely cleaned up by Monday, guys.

FYI, here's what's on the agenda for the weekend:

• The renegotiating of contracts for most of the roster. Chuck was almost literally made out of Tycoon cash. CFC can't afford to pay 2k-5k p4p rated fighters 45k/45k (at least you get to keep those astronomically high sign-ons he gave you. lol) Some contracts will stay the same, others may be asked to take a bit of a voluntary cut, a few will unfortunately be terminated outright (I will pm you beforehand out of respect). The small minority who are cut outright will likely be because of fighter id issues. If your fighter is too young, he's going to drown in CFC.
  • One on ones with CFC managers who request one.
  • Sending out fight offers.
  • Sending out contract offers to beef up all divisions.
  • Continuing the merger with Grunge.

That's it for now, people. Check this thread weekly to be kept in the loop. I'll be posting CFC rankings here as well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Report: CFC Attempts Purchase Of Grunge MMA; Tommy Grunge Responds

(AFN) Canada - It has been heavily rumored that Dead Disney made an attempt to purchase Grunge fight org, but the org's upper management types were less than impressed with his offer of a box of animal crackers and a broken fidget spinner.

An unofficial Grunge representative released the following statement to All Fake News:

"While we are pleased to see any interest in the purchase of our storied franchise, we were less than enthralled with Mr. Disney's proposed offer. It was initially unclear whether this was a legitimate purchase proposal or simply a letter from a pre-literate toddler.  Once we cracked the code that was his penmanship, grammar, and spelling, we were disappointed to find that Mr. Disney had indeed determined our beautifully crafted fight org was only worth a useless trinket and a handful of sugary sweets."

"We, however, respectfully and very publicly decline Mr. Disney's offer. While we understand that it will be a blow to his very large but very fragile ego, we hope he agrees to continue sucking on the now gone teat of Chuck W and that CFC continues to wallow in mediocrity and remains irrelevant forevermore."

In other news...

Rumor has it that CFC is getting a top-shelf event reviewer who will debut at the conclusion of CFC 43,678Q. AFN is currently gathering details surrounding who that person is and how much CFC can actually afford to pay. An unofficial source at CFC did mention that he read a redacted copy of, "Some sort of salary proposal that really wasn't redacted but was unreadable due to peanut butter stains. I did see something about animal crackers and a spinner, though".

• Upvote 7

Hello Sweetie Pies, Dead Disney here.

Wow. What a whirlwind of a weekend. Two massive events, six newly crowned CFC world champions, and a stack of freshly cooked contracts straight out of the I-really-can't-afford-to-pay-any-of-you-rich-guys oven.  

CFC is bleeding cash. But in the immortal words of The Afros, "I'm bleeding, but I'm bleeding cool, babyeeeee".

And CFC is bleeding cooler than the other side of the pillow (?)

But enough about my problems - let's talk about rankings. CFC will have, not one, but two sets of rankings. One set will be based purely on maths and hype and popularity. This will be brought to you by the pencil pushers at Pure MMA Focus. It'll be boring, yet fair and sciencey.

The other one will be done by yours truly. It will be based purely on my gut feelings, whimsical thought processes, and whoever greases my palm on any particular week. "It's not fair or balanced, but it pays the bills". This set of rankings will be called "Cage Magazine's P4P List".

First rankings go up tomorrow. Right after I wipe away the tears of watching 4 million dollars worth of my stash go up in flames. Btw, we went from being ranked #42 to cracking the top 10 in one day. Hurray for us.

See you guys tomorrow with those rankings. 

• Upvote 3

I would like to thank everyone who was willing to take pay cuts in order to help save CFC. I've only had this org for a few days and I've already grown fond of it. I owe you guys huge and will someday return the favor. Thank you to all the well wishers too. Your pms have helped restore my faith in Tycoon culture. 

INSIDE KNOWLEDGE

23w25.jpg

TED BUNDY

Division: Heavyweight

Record: 20 wins 12 losses

Titles won: Former CFC (Openweight champ)

STATEMENT FROM BUNDY'S CAMP

Rumours has it that Mr Ted Bundy and his entire family has been threatened to a massive extent with severe reprocussions (by our well respected CFC owner Mr Dead Disney) if his next bout, which ironically is a main event contest, doesn't produce great ratings for the event...hence the pressure is definitely on the young man's shoulders to perform and show everyone why he is rated so highly throughout the CFC Heavyweight division, but the question is, will he crumble under pressure or will he overcome the hurdles and once again stamp his name as one of the best Heavyweights at CFC? Therefore to find out the answer, make sure to tune into...

CFC 436: Neuer Vs Bundy

At: 11:00 [GMT] (LA time)

Live from whichever channel Mr Disney has scammed to show this event tbh.

Again, don't forget to tune in, but until then, cya.

• Upvote 1

CFC 436 Review

1634774666nbundy.jpg.b25d500f947df42c1c0db28f7a0e9ebe.jpg

And the new city bi-law, which goes into effect tonight at midnight, will require super heroes to register with City Hall. Wow, just when you thought crime fighting could not get any more complicated.

Speaking of fighting, our very own Johnny Knuckles is in Los Angeles with a look at last night’s big Canadian Fighting Championship card. Johnny?

Thanks Rick. CFC has officially changed hands and is back with a vengeance. 88,937 turned up last night at LA Memorial to watch the grand re-opening and, for the first time ever, a CFC event was broadcast on PPV. The fighters didn’t disappoint, let’s get to the action.

Main Event

265 lbs Manuel Neuer vs Ted Bundy

Two heavyweights looking for a shot at the title headlined CFC 436. Both were busy early with Bundy on the wrong side of a headshot that cut him before the first minute was up. Luckily, for him, it was the first and only head punch landed in the entire fight and his corner was able to focus and get it taken care of before it could cause a problem. First round to Neuer after some exhausting ground work. The second round began like the first, with Neuer looking to land shots to slow Bundy down. Bundy showed some solid footwork to stay safe and was rewarded with a nice takedown. That was about all he could manage, despite some great work to get into mount. Neuer was in trouble, but his transition work was phenomenal, helping him win the second round by the closest of margins. Which, if you’re keeping track, meant Ted Bundy needed to do something special in the third round to pull out a win. Unfortunately, it was not to be as Neuer landed a surprise takedown into half guard early, forcing Bundy to alternatively fight for a better position while trying to isolate Neuer’s limbs. Final result: Manuel Neuer wins by Unanimous Decision.

Co-Main Event 155 lb Title

Humors Lacplesis vs Akaro Horiguchi

Horiguchi won the 155 belt a week ago and had to turn around and defend it against the Mug Crusher. A tough ask for anyone and it seemed to take Horiguchi some time to get his bearings as Lacplesis came out swinging, dominating the first round with some great striking defense. The stand-up dominance continued in the second round, Lacplesis dancing and avoiding the majority of Horiguchi’s strikes. A clearly frustrated Horiguchi picked up the pace later in the round … until he got kicked in the penis. All the men in the audience collectively grabbed themselves and cringed. If you’re keeping score, that’s two rounds for the challenger, none for the champ. A quick shot of Voodoo’s Witch Doctor and another check on his swollen junk, Horiguchi came out on the third a new man, connecting with more strikes and mixing things up with some attempted takedowns. Lacplesis defended well until late in the fourth when he was put on his back. There wasn’t enough time left in the round for anyone to take advantage. Entering the final round, it looked like it was all square at 2 rounds apiece and they saved the best for last. Non-stop action by both champion and challenger with very little to separate winner from loser. All three judges felt Humors Lacplesis did enough to win the round and become the new lightweight champion. Result: Humors Lacplesis wins by Majority Decision.

Undercard

145 lbs Leonardo Da Silva vs Diogo Jimenez

Unfinished business in this 145 pound fight. Both came from Grunge FC where they fought five times, Da Silva winning three. Jimenez came out much more aggressive, throwing triple the amount of punches and winning the first round easily. No real damage was done and they continued the second round with some great back-and-forth. Near the two minute mark, Jimenez blocked a kick and countered into a takedown. It looked like he was hoping for a small rest break, but instead Da Silva pounced and locked in the guillotine. You don’t need a black belt to use it, but it helps. Result: Da Silva wins by Submission

155 lbs Friedrich August Von Hayek vs Louis C K

Von Hayek’s weird pre-fight ritual, tweaking his own nipples, nearly cost him this match against Louis C K. He was aggressive early, swinging wildly and landing some solid combinations. He caught C K in a clinch and promptly got tagged with a huge right hand. Von Hayek held on, literally, and somehow ended up winning the round. Despite the momentary success, Louis C K could not muster any further offense, losing the final two rounds. Final score: FAVH 3, LCK 0. Result: Friedrich August Von Hayek by Unanimous Decision.

185 lbs Patty O Reilly vs Marian Balkon

Patty O’Reilly is a weird looking lady, but she fights like a pro. Balkon was overmatched from the first bell, getting banged up early and generating no offense through the first two rounds. He survived though and sometimes that’s all you need in MMA Tycoon. Balkon started the third trying to hit some body shots, but got countered and rocked with a huge right hand. He managed to stay on his feet for a bit before O’Reilly took him to the mat, mixing sub attempts with some vicious ground and pound, scoring a TKO at 3:41 of the third round. Result: Patty O Reilly wins by TKO (Strikes)

265 lbs Julius Campbell vs Francisco Babyara

On paper, Julius Campbell looked vastly overmatched. Babyara has 51 fights under his belt compared to Kamala’s, I mean Campbell’s, 5. Campbell put on a clinic, working all three zones in succession, landing mean looking ground strikes until the referee jumped in to put a stop to it. Result: Julius Campbell by KO (strikes)

185 lbs Holden Gracie vs Edwin Lucan

Two fights in a week wasn’t enough to slow Holden Gracie down. Edwin Lucan was busy and aggressive early, he just couldn’t find the defense and Gracie made him pay with a straight left hand, bringing the fight to an end with nine seconds left in the first round. Result: Holden Gracie wins by TKO (strikes)

170 lbs Avraam Papadopoulos vs Ken Vrjalya

Big differences in age, experience and styles. Papadopoulos looked to keep things upright, Vrjalya wanted to take it to the mat. In the end, Papadopoulos scored all the points standing and did enough on the ground to win easily. Result: Avraam Papadopoulos by Unanimous Decision

145 lbs Ares Galva vs Nick Holey

Nick “Mick” Holey has a horrible record, but he’s a wily veteran who put Ares Galva to the test. The majority of the fight was on the mat, boring the hell out of the spectators who used this one as a bathroom break. Result: Ares Galva by Unanimous Decision

205 lbs Yoshito Okamoto vs Theodore Rothschild

Two relatively inexperienced fighters started off the card, battling hard for all three rounds. They split the first two rounds and shared the final round, despite the complaints from Rothschild’s corner. It could have gone either way, but didn’t. Result: Majority Draw

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

*MMA Focus: CFC 205lb Rankings:

Champion: Antonio Mauricio DeSilva

1) Mike Holmes Jr.

2) Pierre Proudhon

3) Alphonzo Mirage

4) Jan Sobieski

5) Krsto Vujic

*MMA Focus' method of compiling rankings is strictly based on Tycoon's formula for ranking fighters. It's clean and clinical, but sometimes it can be manipulated by unscrupulous org owners and cowardly managers. But hey, It's science and math!! You like those, right?

**Cage Magazine: CFC 205lb Rankings:

1) Antonio Mauricio DeSilva: Current CFC champion. 31-12-0 (5 KO, 0 Subs)

AMD has fought strong competition in recent months, most notably at Syn and Alpha 1. Just Whymer, Kermit Archer and Frank Granger are just a small sample size of the considerable talent he has faced recently. Facing and defeating strong competition at Syn and being ranked as high as number five in all of Tycoon is a considerable achievement considering Antonio has little concussive knockout power and fighting at LHW. This speaks loudly on the acumen of his management team and The Canadian Elite Gym, but it is also a resounding statement on the skill level and cage IQ of the man himself. However, at 40 years of age, AMD has managed to pimp slap Father Time like he owes him drug money. He can't do this forever though, but Cage Magazine will surely enjoy watching him try. Next fight: #2 Mike Holmes Jr.

2) Mike Holmes Jr:  Mr. "Do it Right The 1st Time" has done it right for most of his MMA career. Compiling a record of 24-16-0 (8 KO, 12 Subs) he has never fought for a world title, until now. A mauling clinch game and a technical grappling skillset has taken Mike to his very first title shot. Well trained and well coached by Team Septim, Mike has his work cut out for him against 205lb champ, AMD. If Mike's chin doesn't fail him, he could make an interesting run at his first championship in his 16th year as a pro. Next Fight: # 1 Antonio Mauricio DeSilva

3) Krsto Vujic: 14-11-0 (8 KO, 0 Subs) This man is the embodiment of a CFC Warrior. He's faced extremely stiff (giggity) competition at SFL and has asked to face the same at CFC. I think he's a late bloomer. Give him a Tycoon year or two and he could very well be on the top of the Cage Magazine list, but in the meantime, he'll get the competition he craves in the CFC 205lb class soon enough. Next fight: TBD

4) Pierre Proudhon: 31-14-0 (22 KO, 0 Subs) Since turning 31, Mr. Proudhon has been on a cyclone like tear. 11-1 in his last 12 fights, you would think he would be higher on our list of 205'ers. But, strength of competition is holding Pierre back a bit here. I expect his KO power will help him continue his streak for awhile. He will face some hardships however, if his age (38) and chin decide not to treat him kindly. Next fight: #5 ranked Jan Sobieski

5) Jan Sobieski: 20-11-0 (2 KO, 7 Subs):  I'll be honest - I have no idea what to make of Jan yet. Call it lazy journalism. Call it whatever you'd like, but Cage Magazine is stumped. He has a winning record and he fought average fighters at Syn. We'll leave it there for now. Next fight: # 4 Pierre Proudhon.

** Cage Magazine is owned by the owner of CFC, Dead Disney. It's not science, and he hates math, and you can tell him how much you disagree with him all you want - we're not sure he's listening... and it's not because he's incompetent or destitute. He just thinks he's better than you. (Btw, he is incompetent and destitute. Shhh.)

• Upvote 3

I'll be looking at the heavyweight division next week and I will follow up with more rankings then. In the meantime, I'm working diligently at signing new fighters and beefing up the problem divisions. I hope I have youse guy's patience. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

1634871166437f.jpg

The bailiff then took control of the proceedings, sentencing the defendant to sixteen consecutive life sentences. Lawyers on both sides agree that although the sentence was cruel and unusual, it was also entertaining.

Speaking of entertaining, here’s our very own Johnny Knuckles in Los Angeles with a look at last night’s CFC 437: DeSilva vs Holmes Jr, Johnny?

Thanks Rick. A sold out LA Memorial Colossuseum, full to the brim with cheering fans and COVID. It’s great to be alive.

Main Event – 205 lb Championship

205 lbs     Antonio Mauricio DeSilva vs Mike Holmes Jr

40 year-old Antonio Mauricio DeSilva won the 205lb belt at CFC 435B and came into this fight confident and relaxed. His opponent, Mike Holmes Jr, vaulted up the rankings after his 435B win and had high hopes of taking the belt. There was nothing subtle about Holmes’ game plan; he spent the majority of the fight using his wrestling skills to try to throw DeSilva to the ground. Try this at home. Take your bookshelf … with some books in it maybe … pick it up, and put it down. Do this 26 times. While the bookshelf is fighting back. Exhausting. There were moments of success for Holmes (15%), but credit to DeSilva’s defense for keeping it off the mat. Even when Holmes managed to put him there, DeSilva blocked all feeble sub attempts and it was no wonder that he walked away with a unanimous decision.  Holmes just couldn’t sustain any offense, both fighters were exhausted, and the fans went home happy. Result: Antonio Mauricio DeSilva by Unanimous Decision

Co Main Event – 170 lb Championship

170 lbs     Ceaser El Toro Jr vs Settakian Fett

Settakian Fett beat Cory McDonnell in the waning seconds of CFC435A, earning the 170 pound title via submission. He took a page from Friedrich August Von Hayek (see CFC 436), spending the pre-fight tweaking his nipples while staring down his opponent. It was a great first round, both fighters throwing caution to the wind, staying active and looking for holes. Ceaser El Toro Jr was the busier of the two with some solid clinch strikes and managing to take Fett down to the canvas late. They hit the ground early in the second and spent much of the round trying to eke out a submission. El Toro was again the busier of the two, ending up in half guard. Fett tried multiple sub attempts off his back, none of which he was able to lock in. They changed things up again for the third and fourth rounds, staying on their feet and throwing strikes, mixed in with the odd clinch from Toro Jr. Entering the final round, Fett was in a desperate situation, clearly behind on all cards and needing something special to retain his belt. Toro Jr went to the defensive very early in the round, earning boos from the sold-out crowd. They were rightfully unhappy, but Toro’s corner knew what they were doing and Fett had nothing to offer. Result: Ceaser El Toro Jr by Unanimous Decision and new 170 Champion.

Undercard

155 lbs Veikko Keskinen vs Karol Orlowski

Both fighters’ CFC debut and a big contrast of styles. Keskinen wanted to keep things upright while Orlowski wanted to do anything else. Keskinen’s plan worked early, forcing Orlowski in tight with clinches, grabbing hold, and slowing things down. It was a very frustrating first round for Orlowski as he was never able to get the breathing space to land the takedown. He changed things up in the second round, but his Jekyll and Hyde clinch work early helped Keskinen out and it was another round won by the Fin. Don’t change what isn’t broken was the advice from Keskinen’s corner entering the final round and it worked. It was another plodding round by Orlowski, who couldn’t figure out how to break Keskinen’s defense. He showed a lot of effort, but had little fight. Result: Veikko Keskinen by Unanimous Decision.

205 lbs Pierre Joseph Proudhon vs Jan Sobieski

A long-time Grunge champion and a self- professed no-chin granite-chin, Proudhon earned KO of the night with his second round TKO of Jan Sobieski. They stood and brawled for the majority of the first round, Proudhon earning a knockdown late that was a tale of things to come. To Sobieski’s credit, he shook it off and showed some good agility in avoiding any further damage. But the speed was lacking, Sobieski being unable to take this fight to ground, which ultimately cost him. The referee stepped in at 3:24 of the second round. Result: Pierre Joseph Proudhon by TKO (Punches)

170 lbs William Snowdon vs Cory McDonnell

William Snowdon won submission of the night for this one. What makes it more interesting was that it came with 2 seconds left in the fight. McDonnell’s corner was going absolutely crazy, rushing the ring and threatening the ref with lawsuits, beatings, and hangings. Snowdon handled the first round fairly easy, using his BJJ advantage to take control early. McDonnell then dominated the second round, learning from his first round mistakes and keeping the fight upright for the most part. The third round was McDonnell early until the halfway point when Snowdon caught McDonnell flatfooted and got him in side control. Five sub attempts later and it was all over. Who knows what would have happened had the ref not called it with two seconds left. Result: William Snowdon by Submission (Arm Triangle).

155 lbs Tom Rivers vs Steven Petersen

Ladies and gentlemen, your Fight of the Night. It didn’t start that way, some lazy swings and a lot of misses early, but the tempo picked up as the fighters began to warm up. Petersen won the first round with some great clinch work, landing often and early. Rivers came out more aggressive in the second, throwing a lot more strikes. The accuracy still wasn’t there so no real damage was done, but the judges loved effort. The third round was a toss-up, with both fighters choosing to stay at arms-length and swing it out. Defense won the day, lots of near-hits and great blocks, and at the end of the fight, Rivers hand was raised, pulling out a very tight unanimous decision. Result:  Tom Rivers by Unanimous Decision.

155 lbs James Smith vs Beta Knox

Another great undercard fight. These two old farts shared the first two rounds; Smith the first, Knox the second. Both fighters preferred the ground, although there wasn’t much points being scored there, and came out in the third looking for their first CFC win. With clear signs of fatigue showing, the trouble for Knox started early. He got swatted with a right hook which cut him and sent him to one knee, then he got slammed to the canvas, experiencing some horrible ground and pound until the ref decided there was not point in continuing. Result:  James Smith by TKO (Strikes).

155 lbs Cayden Cadman vs Brando Reigns

Brando "The Tragedy" Reigns is now winless in two CFC fights. Against Cayden Cadman, he was slow, ineffective, and outclassed. He had a decent first round, working the mat and staying busy, but that was as close as he got. Cadman had his way in the second and beat Reigns around in the third like a ragdoll. Result: Cayden Cadman by TKO (Punches)

265 lbs Naoise Durnin vs Dez Havok

For those of you who don’t know, Naoise is pronounced Kneesha. The veteran from Boston hit Lucky Dez Havok with only one knee, but it was a big one. He busted Havok’s face, then scored 15 more strikes in a row, ending this one early. Result: Naoise Durnin by KO (Punch)

155 lbs Elay Arson vs Mate Orsic

The opening bout of the night was a good effort by both fighters. Elay Arson improved his record to 5-2 on the back of some aggressive stand-up fighting. It wasn’t always pretty, but all judges saw it the same way. Result: Elay Arson by Unanimous Decision

• Upvote 5

CFC 438 Press Conference

1634947695cfc438rdf.jpg

CFC 438 is right around the corner and things are heating up in the newly revamped Canadian Fighting Championship. We're on the road for the Tokyo tri-fecta and we're expecting a record 280,000 people to walk through the doors of the Tokyo Bowl over the next month. Can't make it to the show? No worries, CFC will be broadcasting live on PPV. Need some money to purchase the PPV? No problem, "A Good Cause" has you covered. Check out those odds: do you think James Hackett and Bubba Jones will take offence to their underdog status? Is Humors Lacplessis worth the -217 payout? Humors thinks so, saying "I killed the wicked witch of the west and stole her shoes. Look at these fucking things!"Strong and bizarre words from the Mug Crusher. We'll be back with all your pre-CFC 438 news, stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1634947695cfc438rdf.jpg

CFC 438: Hackett v Trounvouche

- With the Challenger

For the 145 lb CFC Championship

Johnny Knuckles back in the saddle with this special report, brought to you by the good folks at Ma Balls Is Hot Clothing. Ma Balls is Hot Clothing, proudly contributing to your bat wings since 2018!

James "Fake Dimples" Hackett puts his title on the line this Sunday against "The Original Rude Boy" Azacca Trounvouche. Hackett won the title at CFC 435A against "Magic" Mike McLaughlin, earning his first title ever in a grinding 5-round unanimous decision win. Trounvouche earned his shot at the same event with an easy three round win. I have the challenger here with me tonight, let’s get down to business.

Azacca Trounvouche, you’re the odds-on favorite to win the belt according to A Good Cause; should I put all my savings on you? AT - Hell yeah you should, I'm battle tested bro and beatin' these fools easily lately. Plus never bet on fool with a bag on his head. I guess it's a ski mask but actually it's a hat with cut out holes, wack.

Azacca Trounvouche, you haven’t lost since SFL 72 back in May; have your opponents been taking it easier on your because you’re blind in one eye, or are you just that good? AT - I'm good man, my good eye is twice as good as these clowns I face's two eyes. I peer into my opponents souls and I see their fear.

Azacca Trounvouche, why were you so mean to Heartless Jesus? AT - Cause real Jesus has heart, he cares for everyone. That fool is aptly named though when you think about it, no heart, soft. I thank God everyday for my abilities, my gifts.

Azacca Trounvouche, if you win on at CFC438, this will be your second title held in MMA Tycoon; what do you do to celebrate? AT - We gon celebrate in style! The boys and some bitches, brews, probably do some drag racing. You want in, it's cool. Hackett can hang too if he's not too tore up and he loses the bag on his head, not a good look bro.

• Upvote 5

*MMA Focus: CFC 265lb Rankings:

1) Ara Tiotio

2) More IsMore

3) The Devils Outlaw 

4) Manuel Neuer

5) Thiago Araujo

*MMA Focus' method of compiling rankings is strictly based on Tycoon's formula for ranking fighters. It's clean and it's clinical, but sometimes it can be manipulated by unscrupulous org owners and cowardly managers. But hey, It's science and math!! You like those, right?

**Cage Magazine: CFC 265lb Rankings:

1) The Devils Outlaw (20-3-0, 20KO, 0Subs) Lookie here, lookie here - a hot take right off the bat. MMA Focus has TDO ranked at # 3, but we ain't MMA Focus and we don't care. You absolutely cannot ignore a man who was the 3 time(!!) Grunge champion, had 7 successful HW title defenses, and has never even made it to a championship round. The 265lb division at CFC is in a bit of disarray because of the Grunge merger throwing off the championship scheduling, but everything will be right as rain in about six weeks. I'm looking forward to a TDO/Ara Tiotio redo in the distant future. TDO will also see a title shot before the calendar year is done. Next: v Spinning Fire

2) More IsMore (31-10-0, 19KO, 7Subs) The Hungarian man with the Hungarian plan takes the number two spot. Although, he would have easily been numero ichiban (are you envious of my tri-illiteracy?) had it not been for the torrential downpour of knockouts and title defenses by TDO. He's the CFC champ...our champ...our champiest, champ, champ. He's number one in our hearts, but only number two on this list. Oy. Next: v Manuel Neuer

3) Ara Tiotio (27-9-0, 26KO, 0Subs) He's the "current" HW champ of the defunct?/hibernating? Grunge FC. He's also the next in line for a shot at the winner of IsMore/Neuer. Nothing much else to say there, at least for now.

4) Manuel Neuer (20-11-0, 5KO, 14Subs) Sometimes you can wind up with a title shot by being in the right place at the right time. This is one of those times. At 32 years of age, Manuel hasn't seen the toughest competition in the last eight Tycoon years, but here he is. Can he snatch the ultimate prize from the reigning HW kingpin More Ismore, or will his championship dreams be snatched out of thin air and broken into a million shards? Next: v More Ismore

5) Everyone else (for now). I thought about putting Spinning Fire, Brent Boston, and even former p4p king and Tycoon HOF'er, Kimbo Slice in this slot. But nope, I'm going to wait and see how things settle over the next three events.

** Cage Magazine is owned by the owner of CFC, Dead Disney. It's not science, and he hates math, and you can tell him how much you disagree with him all you want - we're not sure he's listening.  And it's not because he's incompetent or destitute, he just thinks he's better than you. (Btw, he is incompetent and destitute. Shhh.)

• Upvote 3

•  

1634947695cfc438rdf.jpg

CFC 438: Hackett v Trounvouche

- With the Champion

For the 145 lb CFC Championship

Johnny Knuckles back in the saddle with this special report, brought to you by the good folks at Ma Balls Is Hot Clothing. Ma Balls is Hot Clothing, proudly contributing to your bat wings since 2018!

James "Fake Dimples" Hackett puts his title on the line this Sunday against "The Original Rude Boy" Azacca Trounvouche. Hackett won the title at CFC 435A against "Magic" Mike McLaughlin, earning his first title ever in a grinding 5-round unanimous decision win. Trounvouche earned his shot at the same event with an easy three round win. I have the champion here with me tonight, let’s get down to business.

James Hackett, you’re the new flyweight champion and the second ranked fighter in the CFC. Is the sky the limit?

- JH - I am only just getting started here Chuckles....wait sorry its Knucklehead right?  I am terrible with names sometimes.  Anyways yeah guy I came here to take over and I expect nothing less of myself.

James Hackett, you’re put together like a finely assembled Honda Civic from Simcoe County; does it come naturally or is it the White Eagle? - JH - I have to defer on this one to my former manager, the midget master Aylib, he started me on my path to glory and I am merely adding the final touches in my new fight camp over at the White Eagle.

James Hackett, you have fantastic backing with your sponsorships; why do you hate Ma Balls so much?

- JH - Listen Chuckles the Knucklehead, have you heard of the me too movement?  Dont wanna get cancelled do ya?  I have no interest in your damn raisins got it!!  As for the clothin shop, PJ's real tight with Louie so I would be a fool to not be a fan, I gotta eat, that short little fat bastard would steal my lunch money if I annoyed him in anyway.

James Hackett, you’re a clear fan favorite, but considered an underdog by the shady bookmakers at A Good Cause. Why? - JH - Dem fools dont know what they talkin bout, could be cuz of my lousy manager, he is a scrub at best.  Needs his damn whiskey just to get through the day.  I can do this without his help, just you watch I will prove all those clowns never to bet against this guy.  Before they know it I will break into their shop and steal all their money before they can pay off the gambling junkies!!

James Hackett, Azacca Trounvouche hasn’t lost since May; what are you going to do to end his streak? - JH - Now come on you think I am bout to give away my gameplan here, give your damn head a shake would ya.  Tune in to the fight to see whats what.  I do know this though, my main man Gravas just might be in my corner for this one!

• Upvote 2

1634947695cfc438rdf.jpg

145 lbs Azacca Trounvouche vs James Hackett

An early CFC fight of the year nominee, this featherweight championship fight did not disappoint the 86,788 fans in attendance. One fan was a little over-excited and attacked James Hackett on his way to the ring. CFC and MMA Tycoon are both looking into the incident, but as of this writing, no updates have been given and all parties involved are keeping tight-lipped about it. Thankfully, Hackett was not badly injured and even though he could have been justified in bowing out, he chose to continue with the fight.  The adrenaline kept up in the first round as Hackett was able to mount the offensive, momentarily dazing the challenger and winning the round on all cards. Hackett has to look back and think what could have been; if he had thrown that looping left a little harder, if he had jumped Trounvouche when he was down on one knee … could have, would have. The turning point happened early in the second after Hackett delivered a heavy low kick to the Jamaican’s family jewels. It wasn’t malicious, but it slowed Hackett’s flow and pumped Trounvouche’s corner up. It was all Azacca Trounvouche after that, throwing a combination of leg kick’s to slow Hackett down and short, crisp jabs to keep Hackett honest. Hackett came out flying in the fifth, knowing he needed something big to pull out the win, but Trounvouche’s defense was too tough. A great fight by both fighters, 99% of the fight was a standup brawl, with an incredible 426 strikes thrown. Result: New flyweight champion Azacca Trounvouche by Unanimous Decision.

265 lbs Thiago Araujo vs Bubba Jones

Two gentlemen wallowing in heavyweight obscurity, looking to get noticed. This fight won’t help their chances, one of the most boring fights in this pundit’s short history. Araujo came in on a three-fight losing streak and Jones suffered a bitterly disappointing last second knockout at CFC 435B. The title loss fight was hanging over his head because he could muster no offense at all. He landed two total punches through the whole fight and added one GnP for a total of three strikes. Three. In 15 minutes. It’s no wonder Araujo cruised to this easy victory … right? Well, no not quite. Despite Jones’ lack of offense, Thiago Araujo wasn’t exactly making the decision easy for the three Japanese judges as he mustered a head punch, a body punch and one of his own GnP. Judge Yukihiro Yamamato, speaking to us on the promise of anonymity, said he feel asleep mid-way through the first and was glad he didn’t miss anything. Result: Thiago Araujo by Unanimous Decision.

155 lbs Humors Lacplesis vs Friedrich August Von Hayek              

The new CFC lightweight champion jumped into the cage in a non-title fight against Friedrich August Von Hayek, a winner at CFC 436. It was a slow first round as both fighters looked for openings before FA Von Vayek countered a missed body kick with a good takedown into half guard. Von Hayek pressured Lacplesis’ defense, but couldn’t quite get to the position he wanted and instead settled for weak strikes from the unenviable position. Lacplesis kept the fight off the ground for the rest of the match, striking with accuracy and keeping Von Hayek honest.  A less determined man would have crumbled under the leg kicks and spinning punches; Von Hayek proved he was determined, but not quick enough to avoid the punishment. Lacplesis earns the warm-up win. Result: Humors Lacplesis by Unanimous Decision

185 lbs Wilfredo Wild vs Yef Yew

New middleweight champion, Wilfredo "The Convict" Wild, put his title on the line against Yef Yew, the 42-year-old man from FU, Afghanistan. A great toe-to-toe battle, Wild retained his belt in style. Yew was aggressive coming out after the first bell, hoping to catch Wild on off-balance to score the easy win. Wild displayed good defense, withstood the storm, and countered to score the first round win. A two-punch combination halfway through the second rocked Yew, but he survived and came out to the third knowing he needed a knockout to win the title. Two rounds of running and trying to avoid getting hit tired Yew out and Wild threw a monster overhand right that sent Yew to the canvas. It looked disgusting and you have to hope Yew is okay. Result: Wilfredo Wild by TKO

265 lbs Ted Bundy vs Francisco Babyara

Both fighters coming off disappointing CFC debuts at CFC436, looking to get their careers back on track. Bundy was on a five-fight losing streak and Francisco "The Count" Babyara hadn’t won in three. Babyara came out on fire, throwing everything at Bundy, including the kitchen sink, and cut him with a crisp jab less than a minute into the fight. That threw Bundy off his game and he got hammered and knocked down by a great combination. Babyara knew it was all over and wanted to finish in style, letting Bundy get back to his feet. Oh the fine line between a win and a loss. Bundy got up to finish the round, had the time to recuperate, and came out in the second round a new man. He slipped past a combination, threw Babyara to the mat and locked him in a kimura, making it look easy. Result: Ted Bundy by Submission

265 lbs Kimbo Slice vs Titan Reign

Kimbo "Dark Killer" Slice was making his CFC debut, his last fight back in early August. The rest did his old body some good, but not before an early scare from opponent Titan Reign. Reign won his CFC debut at 435B and cut Slice with a great two-punch combo in the first couple of seconds. Slice backed up, settled down, and dropped Reign 30 seconds later with a nasty right hook. Reign was allowed to wobble back to his feet, rocked him, and knocked him down for the second time before the two-minute mark. Slice allowed him to stand for a second time and finally dropped Reign’s for the final time halfway through the first round. Result: Kimbo Slice by TKO

170 lbs Samuel Hardaway vs Porthos Knox

Samuel "The Sandman" Hardaway made his CFC debut against James Bay’s finest, Porthos Knox. A tough-fought standup brawl through the first two saw Hardaway leading 2-0 heading into the final round.  Making it look easy until the final minute of the fight, Hardaway got caught with a right hand from Knox, rocking him, forcing him to hold on until the ref asked for the final bell. It was a close one. Result: Samuel Hardaway by Unanimous Decision

170 lbs Felipe Ferreira-Alves vs Benedicte Swanson

Felipe Ferreira-Alves took a QFC warm-up before joining CFC and it helped straighten out some kinks that he put to good use in his first round submission win against Benedicte Swanson. It wasn’t easy, Swanson controlled the first round, until Ferreira-Alves ducked under a right hand and brought his opponent to the ground. A couple of sub attempts later and Ferreira-Alves gets his hands raised in victory. Result: Felipe Ferreira-Alves by Submission

205 lbs Dennis Nilsen vs Felix Silva

Dennis "Bear " Nilsen is undefeated under new manager, Aaron Andersson, and he was pushed to the limits against Felix Silva. Silva actually dominated the fight through the first two rounds with some great wrestling skills, but Nilsen took a huge chance in the waning minutes, giving up the guard in the hopes of finding lightning in a bottle. It worked. He kept moving, finally isolating Silva’s arm, and pulled out the win. Result: Dennis Nilsen by Submission

170 lbs Bea Mason vs Cajetan Shashi

As an organization, the opening fight is always the biggest toss-up. With veterans, you never know if they’ll show up to duke it out, or sit back and collect a paycheck. Bea "Rick" Mason beat Cajetan Shashi, but it was a slow, plodding pile of garbage that didn’t make either fighter happy. Result: Bea Mason by Submission

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1636555025440template.jpg

CFC 441

Canadian Fighting Championship’s 441: DeSilva vs Proudhon is still a couple of weeks away, but Tokyo is abuzz for this light heavyweight title matchup. We were able to sit down with the champ, Antonio Mauricio DeSilva, in between training sessions to get his thoughts on championships, the CFC, and life in general.

Antonio Mauricio DeSilva from the beautiful island of Santa Catarina, thanks for sitting down with us. Off your successful light heavyweight defense against Mike Holmes Jr at CFC 437, you are now the top-ranked fighter in the organization. Success is not new to you, but this one has to feel good after leaving Synchronicity on a losing note.

How has the organization been treating you?

“Excellent, Dead Disney, the new org owner now and my management team worked together back in the old days. I was ready to retire after Syn’, but I like these guys and I love to fight, so I said one more little run.”

Great mat defense against Holmes, a pretty good submission fighter. At 40 years-old, what’s your secret?

“My team, and my never say die mentality. That’s it. I’m Brazilian and I come from a fighting family, I was born ready. My management always has a good game-plan for me and amazing training camps leading up to every bout.”

Your next opponent, PJ Proudhon, has a heavy set of fists. How are you going to avoid being his next knockout victim?

“ I’m a capoeira guy, so obviously people don’t outpoint me in fights. I know what he’s looking for, the big KO, but I’m not all that easy to knock out you see. In 44 fights I’ve only been stopped by strikes 5 times ever and 3 of those came at 185 where my weight cut killed me. At 205, my natural weight class, I’m very heard to beat, even at 40 years old. His only shot in this fight is a Hail Mary lucky punch and he knows that. I don’t get hit much and you can’t hurt what you can’t hit.”

The light heavyweight division is, pardon the pun, fairly light. Is there anyone you have an eye on?

“No, I don’t keep track of anything besides the gym and my own training. I’m going to be a Co-Head Coach with my teammate and Syn’ Hall Of Famer, Manny Puno in the near future at Canadian Elite Bruins Gym, which will be my next chapter.

We will see what happens.. If there is a legit contender and it makes sense for my career I’ll take another fight or two, or three who knows. I had a rematch clause in place with my contract so obviously if he lucks out and beats me I want revenge, but on the other hand I don’t want to steal org hype so yeah, I don’t have long left but I’m just taking it one fight at a time, no one else concerns me.

Thanks”

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

"The Drizzle" Ceaser El Toro Jr

CFC WW Champ

sGGSP9I.jpg
zSGo8kU.jpg
h4HMljP.jpg

Caesar tentatively checks his computer screen and gives it a little back hand thump across it’s face as if to get an ornery child to listen. 

“Shit, Sonny, you know I hate these things. Makes me feel like Derrick Zoolander...”

Sonny checks the setup and gives Caesar a quick thumbs up. “You’re on, muchacho. 15 seconds. Hype yourself. Go.”

Caesar starts his bio demanded by Dead Disney for his title defense two days from now. This extra interview is well compensated in the boss’ eyes having paid the champ a literal cashew - UNSALTED - which is technically a raise from his contract fighting for peanuts. But math and nuts is not why we’re here.

“If you haven’t noticed, you’re looking at a new Caesar El Toro right here. I put down the angst and picked up the bong. Thank god for relaxed sanctions and praise Diaz for blazing the way. See what I did there? Get it? Blazing??”

A low belly laugh erupts from the champ, peaking into a tearful knee slapping fit complete with tears in his eyes. After a few seconds he calms down and takes a big swig of his purple drink from the giant styrofoam cup on the table. 

“Yes sir, I’m really finding feeling myself here in A’dam. No distractions - I can smoke weed all day in 20 different coffee shops and never have to worry about training. I’m shooting videos out here and living that life by day and hitting Xtasy fueled raves every night. Nobody gonna take this lifestyle from me. Peace.”

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1636555025440template.jpg

CFC 441 Review

205 lbs Antonio Mauricio DeSilva vs Pierre Joseph Proudhon

"2 Champ" Antonio Mauricio DeSilva left it all in the ring, successfully defending his light heavyweight title for the second time in November. As with the first title defense, this one went the full five rounds with the champion walking away with a unanimous, but close, decision. Pierre Joseph Proudhon came out strong, easily winning the first round on the back of some great clinch defense. Not a lot of shots landed on either side, but it was some great action enjoyed by the 93,418 in attendance. DeSilva took his corner’s instructions and came out in the second looking more aggressive. His quickness ensured the second round was his. He wasn’t able to assert himself as much in the third, only managing to gain the clinch (which he’d been working hard on) close to the end of the round. Proudhon’s counters were on point and he was able to land enough to win the round. Score it 2-1 Proudhon after three. The champ changes tactics a little in the fourth, trying to isolate the body and slow Proudhon down, landing some heavy rib shots. None proved fatal, but it certainly reduced the challenger’s effectiveness. Those in attendance gave the fighters a standing ovation before the fifth, and final, round. It was a slow start until the two minute mark, when Proudhon broke a clinch. The two fighters then exchanged blows for a long time and I don’t know how either of them didn’t collapse in exhaustion. DeSilva’s aggressiveness put him over the top. Result: Defending 205 champion, Antonio Mauricio DeSilva by Unanimous Decision

135 lbs Yuri Nagasaki vs Pat Joplin

“We have a 135 pound division?” Yes we do, and unlike other organisations who have a half dozen scrawny babies who are hoping for an easy belt, CFC’s bantamweight division is full of manly men who aren’t afraid of a dust up. Case in point; "The Ninja Demon" Yuri Nagasaki squared off against "The Human Thermometer" Pat Joplin for the bantamweight title. The first 135 title since July of 2021. Nagasaki barely broke a sweat in this one, earning the shiny new CFC belt in spectacular fashion. 33 wins in his career, he’d never won one by submission … until now. Joplin got caught early, being thrown on his back before the first minute was up, but it wasn’t a position he was uncomfortable being in. The Black Belt from Savannah was very aggressive and active, throwing his legs up to try and isolate for the triangle submission. Nagasaki either didn’t notice or didn’t care, controlling his dominant position and hammering Joplin with some nasty blows. It seemed to soften him up, allowing Nagasaki to grab Joplin’s arm and surprise the pundits to a submission victory. Result: New 135 champion, Yuri Nagasaki by Submission

265 lbs Spinning Fire vs The Devils Outlaw

Two former Grunge fighters took the welcome applause by the CFC audience and looked to gain steam in the heavyweight division. Spinning "Double Elixer" Fire put CFC owner, Dead Disney, on notice saying “I want the CFC belt” and “don’t deny it from me” in his post-fight interview. The Devils Outlaw was 20-3 coming into the fight and a long time Grunge heavyweight champion, so how could it have been easy? Fire had the gameplan written on the back of his hand and executed it brilliantly. Countering virtually every strike thrown Outlaw, Fire pinned Outlaw to the mat and kept him there for two and a half rounds. He tossed an incredible 66 strikes on the ground and although the accuracy was horrific, the power made up for it. Outlaw was rocked hard late in the first, rudely elbowed in the second, and TKO’d early in the third. Great takedown offense and power shown by Fire and a disappointing debut by Outlaw. Result: Spinning Fire by TKO

205 lbs Jan Sobieski vs Mike Holmes Jr

Two light heavyweights looking to get back on track. Jan Sobieski lost his debut against PJ Proudhon and "Do It Right The 1st Time" Mike Holmes Jr lost his title shot to DeSilva at CFC 437. The fans definitely weren’t behind this one, booing loudly and repeatedly as the two fighters spent the majority of the fight on the ground looking for openings. Sobieski managed to land some strikes, but the rest of the fight was two sweaty wiggly worms. Result: Jan Sobieski by Unanimous Decision

145 lbs Leonardo Da Silva vs 3 Piece Soda

Old Man Da Silva beat CFC newcomer, 3 Piece "N " Soda, in 2 minutes 25 seconds. Soda was incredibly active, but it only took one miss for Da Silva to counter and take Soda to the mat. A sub attempt later and Soda’s stand-up fighting was all for naught. That’s two CFC wins for Da Silva, two Sub of the Night Awards. Result: Leonardo Da Silva by Submission

170 lbs Ralphie Maldonado vs Abdul Rahman

Two more former Grunge employees making their CFC debuts. Ralphie "Maldo" Maldonado and Abdul "The Sheik" Rahman entertained the crowd for three rounds with some great stand-up action. Rahman may have lost the fight, but he must take some consolation that he had Maldonado hurt badly in both of the first two rounds. If he had cut down the aggression in the third and not got caught with the left counter, this would have been a different story. Credit to Maldonado for getting up off the mat and making Rahman pay. Result: Ralphie Maldonado by Unanimous Decision.

265 lbs Shaka Zulu vs Ginger Jesus

What the hell was that? Shaka "Giganto" Zulu beat "Da Ginga Ninja" Ginger Jesus in 18 seconds, extending Jesus’ losing streak to three fights in the process. Textbook submission win; takedown, sub, make opponent cry. Result: Shaka Zulu by Submission

265 lbs Tinashe Chukwuma vs Kevin Shinnie

Tinashe Chukwuma is back in business, earning his second straight KO of the night with a flawless ground and pound game. 7 strikes, 7 hits for the Algerian and Kevin "Rolling Thunder" Shinnie had no response except to hope the bell came to save him. It didn’t. Result: Tinashe Chukwuma by KO.

205 lbs Bill Goldberg vs Bak Mei

Bill "The Spear" Goldberg evens his record to 21 and 21, while sending Bak Mei (or is it Cut Me Daddy?) into retirement with a first round TKO win. Mei got cut, knocked down, and rocked in a span of 30 seconds, but managed to hold on … for another minute. Goldberg then cut him again with an elbow and one last time for good measure. Result: Bill Goldberg by TKO.

205 lbs Anderson Nogueira vs Theodore Rothschild

The three month layoff did "The Punisher" Anderson Nogueira some good. He and opponent, "Chuck DiBiase" Theodore Rothschild, fought hard for three rounds, but in the end, Nogueira’s clinchwork was just too much. Result: Anderson Nogueira by Unanimous Decision.

• Upvote 2