Fight commentary auto-scroll

I see the fights as the core component of this game. And play by play commentaries as an integral part of the gaming experience. I've noticed that I usually read commentaries for my fights in the following manner as I don't want to know the result too soon: I zoom the text so much that I see 1-2 lines of text with each time I scroll. That way it's really play by play. Am I the only one who enjoys reading them like this?

However, this is a bit problematic as I can see how long the page is and if e.g. a fighter is rocked in the beginning and the page is very short it's not hard to guess how it's going to go. Also it takes some configuring to get the browser to show only one line at a time. Therefore I suggest an improvement: auto-scroll link as an option in the spoiler page. The ideal way for it to work would be so that it adds one line at a time with a speed that can be adjusted (yeah, yeah, that's not auto-scroll to be exact but that's the best word I came up with). And it shouldn't disclose how long the commentary is.

Technically this shouldn't be a huge feat using javascript as there are ready solutions lying around already in the web. Though it's a good question how much Mike likes js :)

If lots of people are interested, I could probably whip together a javascript thing where you give it the URL of the fight and it'd do play by play.

the mmatycoon server seems to reject outside ajax requests but I otherwise have a thing that'll do a play by play. yay.

edit: bahaha I even got it to talk

if you're using IE and can get activex scripts enabled, I highly recommend listening to this fight

http://www.jacques-in-the-box.com/PlayByPlay.php

edit2: well maybe not the whole fight it's actually kind of a boring fight

I see the fights as the core component of this game. And play by play commentaries as an integral part of the gaming experience. I've noticed that I usually read commentaries for my fights in the following manner as I don't want to know the result too soon: I zoom the text so much that I see 1-2 lines of text with each time I scroll. That way it's really play by play. Am I the only one who enjoys reading them like this?

However, this is a bit problematic as I can see how long the page is and if e.g. a fighter is rocked in the beginning and the page is very short it's not hard to guess how it's going to go. Also it takes some configuring to get the browser to show only one line at a time. Therefore I suggest an improvement: auto-scroll link as an option in the spoiler page. The ideal way for it to work would be so that it adds one line at a time with a speed that can be adjusted (yeah, yeah, that's not auto-scroll to be exact but that's the best word I came up with). And it shouldn't disclose how long the commentary is.

Technically this shouldn't be a huge feat using javascript as there are ready solutions lying around already in the web. Though it's a good question how much Mike likes js :)

If this is something remotely easy to implement, I´d like to get it done as well. It would definitaly be the next best thing to a play by play.

All you need to do is make the internet browse page you have up smaller. So click on the square in the top right hand corner before you click on the fight commentary, then you can move 1 or 2 inches of the right hand side of the browse page off of the screen, resulting in you not being able to see how far you can scroll down the screen, thus not knowing when the fight will end.

If your mouse doesn't have a scroller on it, just push the down button on your keyboard.

I figured this out right away.. come on people!!! haha

But yeah, this would be cool and save having to make an effort to not know the result/when the fight ends

Guys stop recommending the mouse wheel; you're missing the point.

When you open up a fight commentary you can already tell how long it is by looking at the scrollbar on the right. Using your mouse wheel isn't going to fix that. It isn't a matter of "I wish it auto-scrolled for me because I am lazy" it's a matter of "I wish the fight lines were added slowly so that when a fight ends it is actually a surprise."

Guys stop recommending the mouse wheel; you're missing the point.

When you open up a fight commentary you can already tell how long it is by looking at the scrollbar on the right. Using your mouse wheel isn't going to fix that. It isn't a matter of "I wish it auto-scrolled for me because I am lazy" it's a matter of "I wish the fight lines were added slowly so that when a fight ends it is actually a surprise."

Thank you! :notworthy:

I didn't want to keep on repeating myself as I've been already doing that quite a bit (elsewhere) :) That is exactly the point.

Or you can go to the "spoiler" page, scroll down and view your fight from there because it doesn't give away the winner (as mentioned previously).

Right but he's not complaining about knowing the winner. You can tell how long the fight is, thus you know when it ends. He wants all aspects of the fight to be a suprise.