Damage Taken and chin

Ado1

Hey everyone,

Been trying to figure this out but can't find anything about it.  Does the amount of punches to the head a fighter takes increase his change of getting KO'd later in his career as in real life?  I've seen a couple of fighters who have good/granite chin be Tko'd by just a couple punches landed.  Also, is there any where I can find how many punches my fighter has taken and if so how many punches is too much.  I've tried looking in my stats/success rate but can't really figure it out.  Any insight would help.  THanks. 

• Upvote 1

I cant point to anything mathematical on this although I am sure there is someone who has worked out the numbers in game. What I can say is it does seem that getting KO'd 'seems' to increase/get worse the more it happens. I assume this is due to deterioration of the chin but I dont know whether this is due to getting cracked before or just that the fighters chin isnt great and you usually fight stronger fighters and managers as your fighter develops

I do think based on my experience that each KO makes it easier to get ko'd next time but I cant prove that

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Gator001 said:

I cant point to anything mathematical on this although I am sure there is someone who has worked out the numbers in game. What I can say is it does seem that getting KO'd 'seems' to increase/get worse the more it happens. I assume this is due to deterioration of the chin but I dont know whether this is due to getting cracked before or just that the fighters chin isnt great and you usually fight stronger fighters and managers as your fighter develops

I do think based on my experience that each KO makes it easier to get ko'd next time but I cant prove that

Outside of age decline/age drop off kicking in, I think what it is, is once you're cracked, other managers see it, and start rolling for the same result. A lot of people see granites and forget they need heart to be useful. Granite with no heart gets nuked by KO power.

I don't think 150 chin deteriorates until age drop off and then I think things like how many times they've been TKO'd, injury days, etc. have their impact (if any at all).

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

Outside of age decline/age drop off kicking in, I think what it is, is once you're cracked, other managers see it, and start rolling for the same result. A lot of people see granites and forget they need heart to be useful. Granite with no heart gets nuked by KO power.

I don't think 150 chin deteriorates until age drop off and then I think things like how many times they've been TKO'd, injury days, etc. have their impact (if any at all).

Thanks.  Your right it might be the heart thing.  I still think there is something to it tho.  I got a fighter who got KO'd by a less superior stand up fighter, based off their primaries but then again their secondary's might have been really high.  That brings me to another point.  If I have a fighter that cuts easy is there any way to avoid losing fights with cuts and does getting cut once make it more likely you will be cut again and again.  I have a fighter who could be a champ tbh but he just cant stop losing fights with cuts, he's winning the fights up to that point and then it just ends with a lose because of cuts.  I guess taking the fight down to the ground might work.  Any other way to avoid losing by cuts.  I see top fighters like Barbarian and Miluga have lost many fights due to cuts but seem to avoid that recently.

17 hours ago, Ado1 said:

Thanks.  Your right it might be the heart thing.  I still think there is something to it tho.  I got a fighter who got KO'd by a less superior stand up fighter, based off their primaries but then again their secondary's might have been really high.  That brings me to another point.  If I have a fighter that cuts easy is there any way to avoid losing fights with cuts and does getting cut once make it more likely you will be cut again and again.  I have a fighter who could be a champ tbh but he just cant stop losing fights with cuts, he's winning the fights up to that point and then it just ends with a lose because of cuts.  I guess taking the fight down to the ground might work.  Any other way to avoid losing by cuts.  I see top fighters like Barbarian and Miluga have lost many fights due to cuts but seem to avoid that recently.

I think one way to avoid getting cut, also protecting your fighters chin (which I suspect is affected by hits taken and does degrade; I remember reading this in the wiki) is for sure to go to the ground. Another way would be to take it into the clinch and be superior in the clinch. You would need to have KO power superiority to be able to really have overrall superiority in the clinch against most fighters, also wrestling helps a lot to get clinch superiority as well.

Basically same as IRL, high wrestling can be used to protect your chin and cuts by being able to take it to the ground or control the clinch but the problem is it's not failsafe. I have done this with more than a few fighters and while it does work, it fails as much of the time.

In general a fighter is going to have a hard time if they lack chin because standup is the default position and it can be difficult to get the TD or even clinch at times.

Although one of my greatest fighters of all time was a grappler with good boxing and he had a very low chin rating of 35/150 but very high confidence, heart and KO power and he was often able to get TD's, clinch and tbh I wasn't really very worried for him in the standup most fights even despite great disadvantages in the standup. If he got rocked, it would activate his heart and he'd come back stronger and win usually after that, and then his grappling skills would always be something he could fall back on and save the day with.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

I think one way to avoid getting cut, also protecting your fighters chin (which I suspect is affected by hits taken and does degrade; I remember reading this in the wiki)

accumulative strikes only do damage to health meter during fight. you can absorb 600 strikes in 3 fights and wouldn't be any different than taking 6 in those 3 fights... assuming you didn't get KO'd...

now tko losses might pile on to a variable % that chips away at hidden but I doubt it. I think age drop off may kick in a micro loss % of hiddens at worst. Think biggest impact is the physical decline.

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:12 AM, Rambo said:

accumulative strikes only do damage to health meter during fight. you can absorb 600 strikes in 3 fights and wouldn't be any different than taking 6 in those 3 fights... assuming you didn't get KO'd...

now tko losses might pile on to a variable % that chips away at hidden but I doubt it. I think age drop off may kick in a micro loss % of hiddens at worst. Think biggest impact is the physical decline.

So then if a fighter gets KO'd doesn't that affect the chin? I remember reading that there are certain things that will reduce the chin rating so that eventually a Granite Chin might start getting rocked more easily.

9 hours ago, Lefty said:

So then if a fighter gets KO'd doesn't that affect the chin? I remember reading that there are certain things that will reduce the chin rating so that eventually a Granite Chin might start getting rocked more easily.

read it too, not verbatim. but along those lines of accumulative damage. don't think granite chin ever deteriorates. if your granite is getting cracked it's probably heart, energy, or opponent KO power + damage slider related.