Thibodeaux’s Rogues - Smack Talk Thread

Sprooch

1 hour ago, Sprooch said:

Thinking bout doing a league format for the smaller divisions, complete with a playoffs where you gotta went best of three to advance. Idk…just an idea I was thinking about in my head. 

I don't even have a fighter in your org and never have (I didn't have many island fighters when I rebooted and it was already deep into the season), but I think this a great idea. Makes stuff interesting, but will be a fair bit of admin work and it depends if managers buy into it (otherwise it'll just be them accepting fights like normal).

A smaller org, that I have had fighters in, had 8 person elimination tournaments (over 3 events) to determine their first belt holder in a weightclass. Obviously you have established champs and stuff already but stuff like that made things a little interesting, so I say go for it if it works out scheduling and financially wise. Also gives managersa direct and clear pathway to belt opportunities or big fights too rather than just winning and hoping you get picked one day.

17 hours ago, Ikkitakeda said:

What about turning the 265+ into like an all weight class quarterly tourney for the top 2 or top 4 in each weight class for who's the real Thibodeaux Rogues real p4p king and with it being a quarterly tournament as far as the game is concerned makes it annual tournament.

That sounds exciting and that write up pretty much writes itself. I was gonna use it to do an OW 25ers No ID FFA, but we could infiltrate that and do a quarterly or semi-annually to see who’s the lion king of this rogue pack of wolves. [bars]

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daudy said:

I don't even have a fighter in your org and never have (I didn't have many island fighters when I rebooted and it was already deep into the season), but I think this a great idea. Makes stuff interesting, but will be a fair bit of admin work and it depends if managers buy into it (otherwise it'll just be them accepting fights like normal).

A smaller org, that I have had fighters in, had 8 person elimination tournaments (over 3 events) to determine their first belt holder in a weightclass. Obviously you have established champs and stuff already but stuff like that made things a little interesting, so I say go for it if it works out scheduling and financially wise. Also gives managersa direct and clear pathway to belt opportunities or big fights too rather than just winning and hoping you get picked one day.

Definitely welcome this brilliant insight man! I’m trying revive and imbibe the org and myself with something rejuvenating. I figure the end result is worth the means. Might test out the format in a weight class and do my due diligence and gauge the interest and engagement. 

1 hour ago, Sprooch said:

That sounds exciting and that write up pretty much writes itself. I was gonna use it to do an OW 25ers No ID FFA, but we could infiltrate that and do a quarterly or semi-annually to see who’s the lion king of this rogue pack of wolves. [bars]

Pretty much. I like the idea. Puts it all out there. And guys retake and reshape the divisions allows for new contestants every "year/tournament".

• 2 weeks later...

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN! 

Everyone welcome our newest addition, the man, myth, and legend Richard Hall in our midst ! He boasts of a 18-0 record and stand undefeated from his island journey. A fight between him and his brother has been much anticipated since the 145 island tourney where there unfortunately unable to be fated to meet. However with the power invested in me, I'll be bringing your this superfight on the greatest of cards that will also feature the trilogy of Rockafella and KBH. Let fucking go Rogues !

Remember to keep one foot in front the other on the way to victory.

-Thibs

1639536427thibodeauxs_rogues_b.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Rogues, 

Life's been kicking my ass a bit and I've been some what checking out. However, I'm back in the building and I will be sending out fights, creating events, and contracts for those who need it. I am pruning the roster today to remove those who weren't 25 year old creations from the jump and allowing them to seek employment elsewhere. Should those who are removed have a belt they will be stripped and the #1 and #2 25 year creations will fight for the belt on the next available event.

I've truly been playing around with the idea of turning our org into PFL format. Splitting you guys into division (Wolves/Lions) respectively, we run a season for an undetermined amount of weeks with you fighting fighters in your division with interdivisonal fights as well before hosting a playoff where the greatest Lions taking on the greatest Wolves on a massive card. 

I'd like feedback or input on how often you'd like to fight in this format. Once a week, Ironman Style whereas you have to fight through cuts and injuries, (Leads to more upsets, streaks, and invokes a sense of strategy should one have elbows, knees, or trying to end the fight early so you can train for the next one.) or it can be biweekly, giving most guys enough time to heal up, rest up, and train up a gameplan in prep for the next fight out, W/L. 

I don't lean in either direction as one makes for more work and the other just takes longer for events to happen. I am excited to see it in play, I welcome feedback, questions, concerns, or even brilliant insights. I will also post this on the forum so those of you who would wish to respond there so that your voice isn't buried in the plethora of mails I have right now (379 unread) feel free to hmu there as well. 

1639536427thibodeauxs_rogues_b.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sanka Coffee: Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up it's MMA time!!! I have here with me Morton Masters.

Morton Masters: Hey Sanka!

Sanka Coffee: So you are going to be facing Darren Frost for the 185 pound belt right?

Morton Masters: Yeah I kept waiting and waiting for him to sign on the line and he finally signed yesterday 3 days before the fight is to take place.

Sanka Coffee: How do you see the fight going?

Morton Masters: In the island tournament when I knocked him out I dominated the fight, and I expect nothing less from this fight either. He's being stopped one way or another.

Sanka Coffee: What is for you after the fight?

Morton Masters: Well after I take this belt home with me I guess we see what the org has planned for me and the division. But anyone who wants a shot can take a shot.

Sanka Coffee: You all heard it here first big things looking to go in the title fight. I'll be there cageside. Tune in next time to Cool Runnings MMA.

• 3 months later...