Sliders for standup fighter against ground fighter

CelticStryder

I was also going to ask the same thing. I don't know if sliders can affect much if your fighter has low stats like clinchwork or takedown defense or escapes. But I had one fighter in the QFC and I tried to put on counter and little of damage, and then put counter to 100% strike, when my opponent went for takedowns, my fighter defended and then countered with a punch. I got the win that way.

But on some occasions, where the fighter has a big difference in Muay Thai, I can't counter his clinch and I cannot escape it. Little bit frustrating when you get elbowed and kneed again and again with your fighter not giving much of a fight in clinch haha

On 1/23/2022 at 5:44 AM, cymon47 said:

I was also going to ask the same thing. I don't know if sliders can affect much if your fighter has low stats like clinchwork or takedown defense or escapes. But I had one fighter in the QFC and I tried to put on counter and little of damage, and then put counter to 100% strike, when my opponent went for takedowns, my fighter defended and then countered with a punch. I got the win that way.

But on some occasions, where the fighter has a big difference in Muay Thai, I can't counter his clinch and I cannot escape it. Little bit frustrating when you get elbowed and kneed again and again with your fighter not giving much of a fight in clinch haha

Been trying the same thing. What do you have you damage and aggression set to?

I tried about half of the middle and the first line of counter and I put half of the middle and the first line of damage. As far as I know, the more you put on damage, the easier your fighter gets tired so you also have to take consideration to that. But even if I put on just as little damage to the sliders, I notice that most of my fighters are breathing heavily. Even if it's at the early stage of the first round.

I cannot confirm/guarantee the effectiveness of this, it only worked once in my QFC tournament, but in orgs, I haven't got any luck yet 🤣. Best way is have someone that knows much about sliders to mentor you.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:00 PM, cymon47 said:

I tried about half of the middle and the first line of counter and I put half of the middle and the first line of damage. As far as I know, the more you put on damage, the easier your fighter gets tired so you also have to take consideration to that. But even if I put on just as little damage to the sliders, I notice that most of my fighters are breathing heavily. Even if it's at the early stage of the first round.

I cannot confirm/guarantee the effectiveness of this, it only worked once in my QFC tournament, but in orgs, I haven't got any luck yet 🤣. Best way is have someone that knows much about sliders to mentor you.

Oh I have a good mentor who has helped me out a ton. Just looking for some opinions. My mentor is always very upfront that his way is only one way to do things and many others have their way that are just as effective so always encourages getting different opinions on things from the forum in addition to his help and opinions.

• Upvote 1