Possible idea for VIPs without companies

MMATycoon

Frenchy, that's more of the theory behind it, what's difficult with stuff like that is how you actually put it into practice. What would the agency actually DO in the game... i.e. if you run one, what do you DO? Like what button do you click, what number do you put where? I just can't see a way to make it work. Not saying it can't just saying I can't think of a way to make it work.

First off I know NOTHING about all this interweb mumbo jumbo that you're dealing with...that being said, I mean something like this:

Say you're running a business...you train/sponsor fighters to increase the hype surrounding that business and it's merchandise. If there were media outlets that operated on advertising income, you could pay them to advertise your company for an even bigger boost than what you would normally get. The more money you pay, the bigger the ad for your Orgs upcoming card, Clothing line...whatever...the boost you'd get would add to your business and earn you more money. Org=More quality fighters/higher attendance Nutrition=more sales/sponsorships Clothing=more sales/sponsorships Gyms=More fighters/hype. Make it attractive enough that other businesses will want to part with their money to add to their success and profit.

The owner of the media outlet would have to pay or work out deals to exclusively cover events. They could get in friendly with managers or gyms to have interviews with their fighters where other media gets shutout (managers could also pay them a fee to do an expose and increase the pop of a particular fighter). They would have to pay to broadcast or print and distribute their media.

All in all it sounds like a ton of work for someone to undertake and doesn't interest me particularly, but it would be a cool addition if it could be implemented. Just seems like the potential is there to feed the overall economic aspect of the game.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't like the idea of reducing someone's VIP membership for having 2 companies. when i paid my $30 it was under the condition that it would be for a year. i would feel cheated if it dropped down to something less than a year just b/c i want to be more involved in the game. i want to have 2 companies in the future. right now i have a fight org. i don't want a nutrition or clothing comp or a gym. i am waiting for one of the new companies. i like the idea of having a hotel.

Anyone that already had 2 wouldn't just get stripped, as I said earlier in the thread.

As I said earlier, if you wanted to give one up I'd give you 6 months free VIP. If you didn't want to give one up then that would be no problem, at least for the duration of your current VIP purchase. What happened after that would depend on what conclusions we come up with in this thread.

What I don't want though is people just making emotional decisions and statements just because they think they'll lose a company. Let's discuss what is best for the overall running of the game.

More companies is nice but let's be clear - programming a whole new type of company takes months. We need a solution now.

To add to the original purpose of this thread, I would say add more cities to start, then set a cap on how many companies/types of companies you want to have in each city. Make a condition on the loan that the wannabe owner must have the bankroll to cover a certain percentage of the loan he's asking for or else he is ineligible.

Seminars is good yeah. I was thinking about having it so that the owner of the seminar place could hire in fighters to train certain things, then the fighter gets paid, loses a bit of energy etc and the people who attend gain a bit of skill. Obviously having hidden skills makes it more fun cos you don't know how good the fighter actually is :)

More cities doesn't solve the problem at all, I'm afraid. The problem is too many orgs per fighter being created. More cities just spreads the same number of orgs and fighters over more locations.

Having a % of the loan required is OK if the game is developed but look at all our bank balances. The richest manager has about $3000 after 3 months. It basically means nobody can create a company at all for about that length of time and I don't really want that. What I want is to stop people creating more than 1.

Hi everyone, just joining the discussion.

I think that company like org and gym should have ratio base on the number of fighter per city.

Also If a org goes belly up, he should be bought again without the possibility to open a new one until the ratio allows it.

It could be manage by different types of VIP like, all vip have different price and can be updated according to when company spot open.

- Fighters VIP allow you to have 15 fighters.

- Sellers VIP allow 10 fighters and a promotional company like clothes or drug ect...

- Owner VIP allow you an org or a gym with no fighter

- Power Owner allows you 10 fighter and a gym or an org.

Something like that. It could be useful to have some extra avaible for minimal fees. Like I want 5 more fighter I pay 5$ for a year ect...

And I also to have a limit of one company per user is good.

also to have the ability to hire some other vip could help reduce the problem.

Like Rio already have 4 org. So In my opinion it should be cap for now. But I would really like to have a partner with me on the org. it would get a % of the revenue and could handle some stuff like posting news, hiring fighter, match making ect... and to be hired you need to be a VIP.

I could have a manager for my gym ect...

Having literal different types of VIP is not easy to program. It means doing whole new payment gateways, everywhere VIP is coded it needs including or excluding all these different types of VIP. It's doable but not efficient or really feasable to do at this stage when there are loads of other things.

Doing what you're basically saying but in an artificial manner by giving people X days of VIP extra for having no companies etc is a lot easier to program. We can do nearly all of that with having just 1 VIP account but just having some conditional coding within VIP to let them do certain things.

also to have the ability to hire some other vip could help reduce the problem.

Like Rio already have 4 org. So In my opinion it should be cap for now. But I would really like to have a partner with me on the org. it would get a % of the revenue and could handle some stuff like posting news, hiring fighter, match making ect... and to be hired you need to be a VIP.

I could have a manager for my gym ect...

Yep that's all in the works.

Yep that's all in the works.

What ever it's worth, I'm all for limiting it to only one company. It's just funny to see all the owners of these large monopolies wanting to cap the number of competition in the cities. Instead, I propose that we cap the number of fighters organizations are allowed to have, cap the number of sponsorships companies can give, and cap the number of fighters that gyms can hold. It's already an upward climb for us new VIPs, and I can just envision folks not wanting to even purchase VIP accounts in a matter of months because of the monopolies and the resulting crowding out that's going to eventually take place.

Hi everyone, just joining the discussion.

I think that company like org and gym should have ratio base on the number of fighter per city.

Also If a org goes belly up, he should be bought again without the possibility to open a new one until the ratio allows it.

It could be manage by different types of VIP like, all vip have different price and can be updated according to when company spot open.

- Fighters VIP allow you to have 15 fighters.

- Sellers VIP allow 10 fighters and a promotional company like clothes or drug ect...

- Owner VIP allow you an org or a gym with no fighter

- Power Owner allows you 10 fighter and a gym or an org.

Something like that. It could be useful to have some extra avaible for minimal fees. Like I want 5 more fighter I pay 5$ for a year ect...

And I also to have a limit of one company per user is good.

Yeah, sure, let's take the org owners - the fiber that holds this game together - and force them to pay more $$$ or strip away all their fighters.

Sounds like a great idea!

What ever it's worth, I'm all for limiting it to only one company. It's just funny to see all the owners of these large monopolies wanting to cap the number of competition in the cities. Instead, I propose that we cap the number of fighters organizations are allowed to have, cap the number of sponsorships companies can give, and cap the number of fighters that gyms can hold. It's already an upward climb for us new VIPs, and I can just envision folks not wanting to even purchase VIP accounts in a matter of months because of the monopolies and the resulting crowding out that's going to eventually take place.

we will be the top, and there will be a middle, and a bottom. Once the game goes public, there will be plenty of everyone to go around buying, training, and fighting to make everyone happy

we will be the top, and there will be a middle, and a bottom. Once the game goes public, there will be plenty of everyone to go around buying, training, and fighting to make everyone happy

Who really knows. Take a look at the gyms in Vegas. I bet three or four of them will never turn a profit; it's quite possible that all of them, aside from Gladiator, are going to go belly up eventually.

Capitalism has never failed, ever. If someone fails in this game, it's their fault. The market will decide their fate.

Now, quickly, give thanks for Ronald Reagan and crank the shank to Margaret Thatcher's TINA speech!

I'm not going to delve into political discussions, but it's quite evident that all industrialized nations have competition laws. Also, you can already see the formation of cartels: '**You may run a company that helping would be contrary to my personal interests and those of a few of my friends. If this is the case, we'll discuss it via PM and come to an agreement.'

I'm not going to delve into political discussions, but it's quite evident that all industrialized nations have competition laws. Also, you can already see the formation of cartels: '**You may run a company that helping would be contrary to my personal interests and those of a few of my friends. If this is the case, we'll discuss it via PM and come to an agreement.'

That was a small troll job. You didn't fall for it. :notworthy: