Possible idea for VIPs without companies

MMATycoon

My reply to the "capping" of orgs/gyms, I feel that perhaps a manager should not open a buisness if it can not do well in the enviroment. if there is 4 orgs in rio? big woop! the better org will make it through, if it were real life, you think REAL people would start buisnesses where one is not need? Its all about oportunities.

new vip's just need to watch and look for an opening--- , If you want to compete with the big boys you have to be unique, try something different then everyone else, something that might interest people in a different way, just like in real life,

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reply to the "capping" of orgs/gyms, I feel that perhaps a manager should not open a buisness if it can not do well in the enviroment. if there is 4 orgs in rio? big woop! the better org will make it through, if it were real life, you think REAL people would start buisnesses where one is not need? Its all about oportunities.

new vip's just need to watch and look for an opening--- , If you want to compete with the big boys you have to be unique, try something different then everyone else, something that might interest people in a different way, just like in real life,

I really hate singling out companies and generally appearing as if I'm whining about the game. I'm not harboring any ill will, just trying to think about the success of this game in the long-term. With that said, how does one go about competing against Gladiator in a unique way? He's constantly having to raise the capacity to meet demand. He's almost able to hire ten elite coaches and charges a price lower than the competition. All the competition is going to go under, especially when he's going to be able to charge as little as Cozad and eventually less. Team World Class is doing well and probably a large part of that is from a status quo bias, player abandonment and the like. This problem is most likely going to arise in the other sectors, organizations to a lesser degree because of the scheduling limit. I would think that the goal is to make the VIP account as desirable as possible and have a lot of renewal turnover. Unless Tycoon is constantly creating new markets - introducing new types of businesses week after week and cities as well - the only incentive for maintaining a VIP will be for the extra fighters.

you could limit to owning 2 companies if you have a year vip subsription because you know they plan on sticking around and playing the game anything lower you can have 1 company and an allinace thats what im doing at the moment i was going to open another company at a later date if i stayed in the game and got a year vip and you have 2 have seperate companys one higher type one lower type

Yeah, sure, let's take the org owners - the fiber that holds this game together - and force them to pay more $$$ or strip away all their fighters.

Sounds like a great idea!

Wow that's really open minded and constructive.

First I never said that the owner should pay more or anything. I just said that each VIP membership should be at a different price.

Caping Orgs is not about monopole. It's to ensure that a city doesn't end up with something 6 org of only 20 fighter each. In that case it not really for the fighter because they are not able to play in a competitive environment.

Maybe adding a cross-promotion feature would fixe that issue. So that way I could associate myself with another org and concentrate on spefic weight class.

Like org A do 135-145-155 and org B do 170-185-205. We do some show and once a month we a cross promotion event and split the profit.

I think we need to have a max number of coaches at a gym actually... That definitely makes sense.

Yep this one make sense. I agree.

Limiting the membership is not bad either but it could that you allowed to change the value on once in 30-days and never more than value X at the time.

Also each new gym could start with a 50 users cap.

That was a small troll job. You didn't fall for it. :notworthy:

no, he was serious. The JTWW is here, and we stick together. I own DFC, so Boon won't make posters for someone in Vegas, as that would interfere with my promotion. one of our guys also owns Pride in Tokyo, so

At this point, I have difficulty keeping up with 6 fighters, and keeping their balance above $200 as they switch back and forth from FT to PT. I know a lot of guys at the Canadian Top Team are able to train FT and pay $175 a week because they are fighting frequently enough, for some reason or another I haven't been getting fight offers frequent enough to stay FT.

I'd like the option of making more money for your fighters, if you're not going to run a business. Like I don't know--choreographing a fight scene on a movie set or something lol. Just a thought.

I'm just afraid it's going to come to a point when these large companies are able to undercut everyone else. It's already happening with Gladiator in Vegas. He has so many fighters there that he's able to bring in elite coaches dedicated to only one technique.

Lol... here's the thing, training at gladiator from what I can tell is actually quite sub-par. Last time I checked there were 325 people training there, and despite having 6 trainers thats still more than 50 fighters per trainer. Right now, the best value for your money is probably Cross-bred MMA Academy. The thing is drew peterson was smart at the beginning and not only made sure to message all the new members as soon as they got in the game, but successfully poached all the other gym's members by luring them away with "elite coaches". If these players understood how much the coach to fighter ratio affected their training, they'd probably move over. This is a job for marketing, and this is something that the other gym owners in vegas need to do themselves. Players need to realize that they could be going to classes with freddie roach, but if there's 200 people in that class, you might as well be watching an instructional video at home.

To relate back to the main discussion.... I REALLY like the idea of purchasing a "business" license from Tycoon. Your VIP membership would include all the bells and whistles of regular vip minus the business aspect. You could then purchase a business license for something like 25$ per year, needing to be renewed each year. And... maybe the business license would only allow you to open up 1 business? Additional businesses would require additional business licenses? You might even start to tinker with how much each business license would cost... the business license for an org might be more costly than the business license for a clothing company or something like that. Maybe it's a little trickier to program, but at least this way you only have serious people looking to start up a company... people who have already 'committed' to a year's worth of vip which they had to pay extra for.

Again since reading doesn't seem to be your forte. I never mention that business owner should pay more, I said that all the membership should have different price.

so what you are really saying is, business owners should pay more

since in your theory it would look like this

1 non VIP

2 VIP 10 fighters

3 clothing 10 fighters

4 Gym 10 fighters

5 ORG 10 fighters

for a pay scale, that means ORG owners have to pay more, which is what he is saying he's not for, since we were offered something and paid for it. Now I know Mike would never make any of us pay more for something he was going to implement, till our VIP runs out at least, but just trying to put you two on the same page.

and I even think you had ORG with 3 fighters in your example, which is the worst idea I've heard yet

Let's not get nasty guys - that's one thing we've managed to avoid on here is anyone actually properly arguing with eachother (well, nearly) :)

Anyway, although obviously I want this site to earn me a living, I'm not going to look at any of the changes as a money making scheme in any way, so I people aren't going to be financially negatively affected - certainly not during their current purchase.

I'm still thinking over what I'd like to do. Ultimately not everyone's going to agree so I think I'll just have to make a decision over the weekend. Keep your thoughts coming though.

One thing you have to do as a buisness owner, when you get started, PROMOTE YOURSELF. XFE-Xtreme fighting entertainment -, when started we had to compete with toughest competitors, (CFC AFC WFC) but, with hard work and long days, helping new players ect ect. I was able to build up my fight org with a decent amount of fighters,

Im sure that anybody can do the same thing, if you have any ambition for you company to grow, you have to work for it. CONVINCE people your buisness is better, if it takes you 20 mins to convince one fighters to join your gym? so be it, I feel anybody who has there companies go belly up it is on themselves, they were obviously not trying hard enough.

so what you are really saying is, business owners should pay more

since in your theory it would look like this

1 non VIP

2 VIP 10 fighters

3 clothing 10 fighters

4 Gym 10 fighters

5 ORG 10 fighters

for a pay scale, that means ORG owners have to pay more, which is what he is saying he's not for, since we were offered something and paid for it. Now I know Mike would never make any of us pay more for something he was going to implement, till our VIP runs out at least, but just trying to put you two on the same page.

and I even think you had ORG with 3 fighters in your example, which is the worst idea I've heard yet

The order is not link to the price scale. My point was that having different type of VIP membership could be a good idea. It would allow people to play accordingly to their interest. Like somebody could be interested in running an org but not in having any fighter. Or somebody else could want to manage and army of fighter and couldn't care less about running an org.

Like, I would be more interested in running something like 4 or 5 company and not having any fighters...

Lol... here's the thing, training at gladiator from what I can tell is actually quite sub-par. Last time I checked there were 325 people training there, and despite having 6 trainers thats still more than 50 fighters per trainer. Right now, the best value for your money is probably Cross-bred MMA Academy. The thing is drew peterson was smart at the beginning and not only made sure to message all the new members as soon as they got in the game, but successfully poached all the other gym's members by luring them away with "elite coaches". If these players understood how much the coach to fighter ratio affected their training, they'd probably move over. This is a job for marketing, and this is something that the other gym owners in vegas need to do themselves. Players need to realize that they could be going to classes with freddie roach, but if there's 200 people in that class, you might as well be watching an instructional video at home.

It goes a little further than that: “dude you haven't even reached the Clydesdale stage of the Anheiser Bush Marketing Plan, and DFC isn't quite the UFC yet, but together, we are going places. I even made it a requirement to own Boondock Fightwear if you are DFC.” That’s extremely mild and thankfully there’s a limit as to the number of events that can be held.

I disagree strongly with Cross-Bred being a better value even at this point in time, but let’s just assume they are. There are some diminishing returns with Gladiator with the bloated size there, sure. But what's the tipping point for the ratios? Neither of us knows for certain; it's spelled out vaguely in the user guide to add some mystery and challenge. The point I was attempting to make is what's happening: The active managers that are with Gladiator will largely stay there, again, from the status quo bias. The double hit for an enrollment fee is unintentionally playing right into this. He only has six coaches, but he can afford almost ten elite coaches, effectively making the value unbeatable. If that happens, what somewhat new manager is going to leave Gladiator and their sparring schedules and lay down $300 dollars to enroll with Cross-Bred? Although a limit on the number of coaches will largely squash any potential problems.

maybe if you hire a marketing company your popularity and hype are affected. maybe it works sort of like the PPV for fights in a way. also, maybe there's gym equipment manufacturers that can ship equipment to gyms for a fee that affect training, and prices would reflect money researched into equipment to manufacturer for that company....just shooting out ideas. i think when the bookmakers company is done you'll see a lot of money being lost by fighters gambling if the bookies are sharp. :) personally, i'm looking forward to gambling a bit. maybe there are web companies you can hire to give you a web presence in game to affect hype of your clothing company or supplement company. that would probably go along with marketing companies... perhaps that's a level up etc....

maybe if you hire a marketing company your popularity and hype are affected. maybe it works sort of like the PPV for fights in a way. also, maybe there's gym equipment manufacturers that can ship equipment to gyms for a fee that affect training, and prices would reflect money researched into equipment to manufacturer for that company....just shooting out ideas. i think when the bookmakers company is done you'll see a lot of money being lost by fighters gambling if the bookies are sharp. :) personally, i'm looking forward to gambling a bit. maybe there are web companies you can hire to give you a web presence in game to affect hype of your clothing company or supplement company. that would probably go along with marketing companies... perhaps that's a level up etc....

ok lets have your thoughts on 3 types of VIP # 1 company VIP = 2 companys 2 fighters #2 small company VIP =1 buissiness 6 fighters #3 fighters VIP 12 fighters all VIP same price. gyms 200 cap 7 trainers fight orgs 200 cap. before i started typing i had this figured out lol o well lets here some responce to this so far and after i go " feed the dog " i will try to remember what else i had to say . please excusse the short term memory spand.

ok lets have your thoughts on 3 types of VIP # 1 company VIP = 2 companys 2 fighters #2 small company VIP =1 buissiness 6 fighters #3 fighters VIP 12 fighters all VIP same price. gyms 200 cap 7 trainers fight orgs 200 cap. before i started typing i had this figured out lol o well lets here some responce to this so far and after i go " feed the dog " i will try to remember what else i had to say . please excusse the short term memory spand.

this would apply to anyone who registers after we hit the 1000 manager point to be fair to those who already have existing companys.

Can we please move away from this multiple VIPs idea. I've already said that it's too much effort to program now and I need a simpler solution. If we can artificially do different "levels" of VIP within 1 VIP then that's fine e.g. by "paying" for to own a company with X days of VIP. That's a lot simpler.

My issue is more with the fact I can't sell my fighter's supplements. I can have my players pay to use my gym, but can't sell them supplements. I would like to give my company back and go to just one company if you take care of my loan ;)