Noob Questions

MMATycoon

Solid advice, except it's a Quick Fight. :)

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. Very first fight ever and I get a grossly uneven match up. Disappointing.

A mismatch in skills perhaps, but the manager doesnt look that good, it is like when Cus D'amato died and Mike Tyson became complete shit lol.

I have the feeling that the fight is one of those " 20 combos per minute" type mixed with some 10 takedowns or more (i doubt he will set takedowns to less than 30%) , with 90% of shots not landing, i suggest you go high counter and high accuracy and you might have a chance to survive, but it is very slim anyway.

A mismatch in skills perhaps, but the manager doesnt look that good, it is like when Cus D'amato died and Mike Tyson became complete shit lol.

I have the feeling that the fight is one of those " 20 combos per minute" type mixed with some 10 takedowns or more (i doubt he will set takedowns to less than 30%) , with 90% of shots not landing, i suggest you go high counter and high accuracy and you might have a chance to survive, but it is very slim anyway.

Yeah, it was my first fight ever. I got wrecked. I really thought I had a chance since he had literally no morale, but I guess morale doesn't matter in this game. I was so careful and it didn't matter.

Yeah, it was my first fight ever. I got wrecked. I really thought I had a chance since he had literally no morale, but I guess morale doesn't matter in this game. I was so careful and it didn't matter.

oh moral matters in this game, but the gap between your guys primaries and the opponent was just to big.

how high you have set your Accuracy slider? you did missed a lot, ,he anded you a first minute Knockdown with 3 strikes in the face, maybe you swinged and missed too much really, it was a combination of gassing + good hands by the opponent, being aggressive can be good(and a bit bad, considering he is a compelte fighter he ccould have taken you down if you are over aggressive), but you have to be accurate, did you went with accuracy 70% or something? if yes, then you didnt stand a chance at all.

how high you have set your Accuracy slider? you did missed a lot, ,he anded you a first minute Knockdown with 3 strikes in the face, maybe you swinged and missed too much really, it was a combination of gassing + good hands by the opponent, being aggressive can be good(and a bit bad, considering he is a compelte fighter he ccould have taken you down if you are over aggressive), but you have to be accurate, did you went with accuracy 70% or something? if yes, then you didnt stand a chance at all.

Yes, my accuracy was around 70%. I know I didn't gas, I have a 13 Conditioning. What should my accuracy have been set to? I just didn't want to give up too much power, but I guess that was a rookie mistake.

Sometimes you can work people even with 80% accuracy (in some cases where they are too much better strikers than you), thats only a matter of time, i mean, better to land than miss everything or miss 50% of the shots, you lose lot of energy when you miss, plus better to land 20 lower damage shots out of 21, than 5 out of 21 higher damage shots, if i would refer to a real life example, that would be like Joe Louis jabbing the shit out of Max Baer.

Constant hammering is the way, in this case 70% was not enough, he was too much of a better striker than you, dont really know if it was humanely possible to win that fight, but really very high accuracy was the only good thing you could have done.

One thing for sure you did wrong, too much combos, you were lucky that you landed 2 out of 3, but against better strikers 5% combo OR even 0%(in the most extreme cases if you feel insecure of receiving a devastating counter), plus, a bit less body shots and more head shots, you supplement your high accuracy/lower damage with more head strikes ratio.

Sometimes you can work people even with 80% accuracy (in some cases where they are too much better strikers than you), thats only a matter of time, i mean, better to land than miss everything or miss 50% of the shots, you lose lot of energy when you miss, plus better to land 20 lower damage shots out of 21, than 5 out of 21 higher damage shots, if i would refer to a real life example, that would be like Joe Louis jabbing the shit out of Max Baer.

Constant hammering is the way, in this case 70% was not enough, he was too much of a better striker than you, dont really know if it was humanely possible to win that fight, but really very high accuracy was the only good thing you could have done.

One thing for sure you did wrong, too much combos, you were lucky that you landed 2 out of 3, but against better strikers 5% combo OR even 0%(in the most extreme cases if you feel insecure of receiving a devastating counter), plus, a bit less body shots and more head shots, you supplement your high accuracy/lower damage with more head strikes ratio.

I was set for 30% combos apparently. Oops.

As far as the cut, couldn't it just be that he was so much better than me and my sliders were so wrong that I got cut and then KO'd? I mean it doesn't necessarily mean I have bad hiddens, right?

I'll give him another shot against an even opponent and see what happens. But you're probably right.

This ^^. He looks like he might be a solid build and possibly have some KO power (not sure how much if at all) as it states 'Helbjorn Fjordsson has the power to get to Solomon Lawal's chin' in the comeentry and Lawal hadn't had that message before. It is possible that it's just Lawal has a weak chin but if you just want a fighter to enter an ID restricted org and get some slider/fight practice then I think he could be worth a few more fights and see what happens.

This ^^. He looks like he might be a solid build and possibly have some KO power (not sure how much if at all) as it states 'Helbjorn Fjordsson has the power to get to Solomon Lawal's chin' in the comeentry and Lawal hadn't had that message before. It is possible that it's just Lawal has a weak chin but if you just want a fighter to enter an ID restricted org and get some slider/fight practice then I think he could be worth a few more fights and see what happens.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

The opponent was throwing damage most likely in the 50 to 65% range, which that in itself will cause a cut even with a decent cut hidden if the guy has power. So just cause you got cut doesn't mean it's going to be a problem, but again that depends on how much damage and power the opponent was using/has.

Neither has a great chin, but that don't mean it's complete shit for sure just could be under solid chin to anywhere to almost zero.

Your fighter has some power, how much is hard to say cause you can't really say what the opponents chin is from his past fights.

Realistically it takes several fights to get an idea of a fighters hiddens, so unless you really see something you hate you really need to fight more to get a better idea where he stands.

Hi, quick question - I have a fighter who was injured after his last fight and I couldn't set his training back from No Training to Full Time.
However now he is fully healed, fit and still I can't change his training to Full time? He has plenty of money too so no issue there. How can I get him to train again? Thanks

Hi, quick question - I have a fighter who was injured after his last fight and I couldn't set his training back from No Training to Full Time.

However now he is fully healed, fit and still I can't change his training to Full time? He has plenty of money too so no issue there. How can I get him to train again? Thanks

If i remember right, you have to wait the end of the week to restore to full time training : you can change this option once per week.

And you assumed this based on what?? just asking because i am totally oblivious on how you can read the sliders through the commentary, i wish i could know how see through that.

counting lines, looking at the fight rating, reading the energy bar, doing a lot of shit that can help you figuring it out.