What's the worst ID range in terms of recruiting talent?

robin10

In my opinion, the 375k to 380k is really struggling atm. Yeah there are good, stable orgs with proper owners running them at both 380k as well as at 370k, but the transition in my opinion is too big straightaway, and there is no pathway that leads to the big boys at 370k, and maybe that's why loads of managers might even look to just train up their fighters more than actually sign up for an org, which could mean the complete death of the 375k id range. What do you guys think?

Isn't it just cyclical?

You'll have a "wave" of the regular players every so often as their main fighters age out, with "filler" players who are blinking into & out of existence like Quantum particles, eventually the regulars will clump up into a main cycle with everyone else being the ephemeral fluff between.

At least that's how it looks to me being a player whose only been around about 5 months.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Bellicose was a 375k org that dropped their ID to 370K for recruiting purposes iirc.

Exactly, that's why i'm saying either the pool of fighters are too small or the bridge between 370k and 380k is just far too big imo, there's no sweet spot. I mean even if another 370k org decides to open up a contender org, it would probably be pretty successful.

4 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Isn't it just cyclical?

You'll have a "wave" of the regular players every so often as their main fighters age out, with "filler" players who are blinking into & out of existence like Quantum particles, eventually the regulars will clump up into a main cycle with everyone else being the ephemeral fluff between.

At least that's how it looks to me being a player whose only been around about 5 months.

The waiting period is the reason i made this thread tbh.

7 minutes ago, robin10 said:

The waiting period is the reason i made this thread tbh.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, whether a org can actually make something of it is another thing and there's an element of "waiting for the perfect girl to come along" involved I suspect, where managers are hoping their fighters are picked up by one of the more established orgs at some point.

• Upvote 1

reality is training speed and fighter rollover is just too damn slow.

it takes at least 1.5 IRL years (18 months) before a new creation can compete with the top fighters in the game from a skill point perspective.

it's not a formula for player/user retention.

but fighter farming is the #1 money maker in the game because it burns the most VIP on a regular basis via cut/release/repeat, since slow learning is so far from viable for competitive play that it almost forces it upon the non-casuals if they want to compete with their rival managers who are farming hiddens and learning speed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rambo said:

reality is training speed and fighter rollover is just too damn slow.

it takes at least 1.5 IRL years (18 months) before a new creation can compete with the top fighters in the game from a skill point perspective.

it's not a formula for player/user retention.

but fighter farming is the #1 money maker in the game because it burns the most VIP on a regular basis via cut/release/repeat, since slow learning is so far from viable for competitive play that it almost forces it upon the non-casuals if they want to compete with their rival managers who are farming hiddens and learning speed.

True dat

Slow speed of the game is highly likely to be a factor for the high rate of new player loss.

I almost quit myself despite liking so much else about the game, only way I overcame that was dropping bucks on all the extra fighter slots to stave off being bored from lack of stuff to do, and running a couple companies helps but getting started on those was only down to pumping some money into the game, as a free player with 4 fighters the game just sucks balls from having such a low interaction rate imho. That low interaction factor is certainly aggravating the churn.

• Upvote 2

imo the progress from useless to competent could probably stay the same (for the fastest learners), but vastly increase the speed from respectable to exceptional.

Maybe keep the speed for exceptional to elite the same to represent the difficulty and dedication it takes to truly become elite at something... although that isn't really going to help fighter rollover if the majority waiting to have 6-7 elite stats before signing unrestricted...

this boost recommendation applies to sparring as well.

As of right now, even for the fastest learner in the game it'll take 4 IRL weeks, 24 real life days, training the same skill two sessions per day for 24 days in a row, to get from useless to wonderful.... and that's only 1 skill.

• Like 2

I think Learning speed is only a part of the problem, the lack of "stuff to do" just leaves people falling out of love with the game too fast as it doesn't offer enough to keep them interested, game needs a larger variety of "mini games" to get involved with maybe more companies, like running a radio station, a podcast, a tv network some of these ideas people "roleplay" already but there's likely scope for some of that to cross over into the game.

The game has a great core and a fantatsic community if players stick around long enough to discover it, it's biggest asset though is lack of competition as there's really no other game out there like it.

Like I used to play a game called "Smallball" & the training was a bit more interactive, and maybe what this game could use is a more elaborate training mode where you are actively coaching players some, not sure how that would work in a text-based game but it's an idea maybe.

Another could be a "public engagements" system where your fighters are showing up to promotional events for sponsors, tv shows, sports documentaries aside from just the fights.

IMO fighter max skills should be reduced about 25%. Solves the problem raised here (it will take less time to max fighters), and has the added benefit that managers will have to make sacrifices in their builds (No more Elite/Elite/Elite/Black);

Faster training, and more build variety - Winner!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Columbo said:

IMO fighter max skills should be reduced about 25%. Solves the problem raised here (it will take less time to max fighters), and has the added benefit that managers will have to make sacrifices in their builds (No more Elite/Elite/Elite/Black);

I agree with you here in principle.

Choices should have to be made about which art your fighter excels at, where they are weakest & having secondary & tertiary choices too.

i.e just an example would be 150, 130, 115, 100

it'll be very difficult to lower the skill cap. However, very easy to improve learning speed.

as somebody who has been here since 2009, I can guarantee that learning speed (or lack of) is by far the biggest issue with the game.

there's other issues, but when it comes to biggest issue, it's not even remotely close. learning speed #1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Columbo said:

This was argued a long time ago and it doesn't. The current fight engine is adapted into a way that is used to elite physicals and elite skills. It is why in creation tournaments etc you'll see a granite chin being popped in a couple of minutes in the early game but late game that granite can be a bitch to crack (unless at 265). It will lead to problems within the fight engine and the one thing that can drop player retention worse than anything - a broken game. 

It would also lead to managers just refusing to fight a certain type of fighter. I have seen guys who are considered the best just outright refuse to fight a grappler because their fighters had very minimal grappling skills. This would be accelerated. It would also just lead to meta builds and even less variety than there is now. You would have a striker or you would have a grappler - no in between. The Island is there for people who enjoy the early/mid game fighting. 

I rarely agree with CK on anything but just doubling the training speed and keeping the learning speed from 18-22 the same would cut the training time by around two thirds - get people to actively fight with their younger guys because you don't lose out on that 18-19 year old learning speed. It wouldn't require a complete rework of the fight engine and current fighters. 

• Like 1