Kilo Maluga is The GOAT

After today's win at the age of 38 against a prime Olsen I do not believe there is any more debut that if Kilo was to retire today he would be the GOAT of MMA Tycoon. Others legends of the past have had incredible careers but Kilo has a resume unlike any other from all his title wins in the best org of Syn, his Olympic gold and all finishes, there is many other accomplishments and to me there is no other fighter who comes close to Kilo's greatness!

Do you agree and if not who has done it better? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Otso Jokinen or Donny Donowitz are about the two comparable in terms of amount of fights at the top. 

Otso's almost year unbeaten against the absolute best at 145, 155 and 170 is the most impressive run of victories in tycoon perhaps Tonal's run comes close winning against the #1 MW, LHW and HW at the time. You also have Jigoro Kane who went from 170 to 205 during his winning streak. You have guys like Rinky Spider. Bowser Stormcrow,  Ricky Rocker and Womba who all had very impressive runs also. 

Kilo is for sure in the conversation but to say no one is close to his greatness is a bit meh. 

• Upvote 1

He is one of the greatest for sure and the best in the past 4-5 years without any doubt. I would say he is most certainly in the debate if we talk longevity, in particular in the SHW/HW divisions.

The biggest downside in any debate for the GOAT is era's, this is by far the weakest era in terms of top level managers. Most of the best managers are old timers who are "barely plodding along", on the verge of quitting. Which means the competition at the top is a lot thinner. That is obviously not Karter's or Kilo's fault, he dominated what was put in front of him. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2023 at 2:48 PM, Mentor said:

The biggest downside in any debate for the GOAT is era's, this is by far the weakest era in terms of top level managers. Most of the best managers are old timers who are "barely plodding along", on the verge of quitting. Which means the competition at the top is a lot thinner. That is obviously not Karter's or Kilo's fault, he dominated what was put in front of him. 

In one way I agree, but in another I don't. The current engine has it's issues, but they're minor compared to what we used to have. When I had Dustin Douglas, I took advantage of the body gas "glitch" as mush as I could. Before that, it was counter TD that was severely OP. There was also the era of spamming leg kicks to gas opponents. I feel like the top fighters now days are more legit than in those glitch eras. Maybe the manager base isn't as good overall, but the fighters and engine are as good or better.

Good discussions and points from all sides (maybe except Zello, haha) 

It is strange how strength of a manager is a main factor but it makes sense with MMA Tycoon.

Without the strength of the manager point and just looking at careers, Kilo has fought the best throughout his career and with this many accolades such as his record titles in Syn also the highest number of PFP number 1s defeated. Olympic winner and definitive in all his wins coming from finishes.

When you look at his losses all of these have all been avenged with Kilo winning the last bout against every opponent he has lost to, lots of these losses coming from cuts.

Resume no one comes close and with the manager competition point there are still many elite managers all of who Kilo has come out on top against. Maybe it is not strongest ever but I would argue the accomplishments of Kilo's career far outweigh any of that.

Following the Olsen victory at age 38 really cemented Kilo even when I look at all the legends of the past beating a prime PFP 1 is crazy especially given the fact Kilo was coming off two losses to him (now 2-2 overall).

Interesting to see if Kilo can defeat powerful Puno again and further his achievements!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

After the last two wins, Kilo has secured his spot as the greatest of all time. He's 38 years old and continues fighting the best the game has to offer. He's won 63 fights, all by stoppage. He's successfully defended the SYN heavyweight title 38 times. He's the SYN all-time leader in wins, KOs and finishes in general, and SYN is arguably the greatest organization of all time. 

There are several fighters who deserve to be mentioned in GOAT discussions, but they all fall short in one way or another. The resume Kilo has built is unreal. He's the GOAT. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, soyster89 said:

After the last two wins, Kilo has secured his spot as the greatest of all time. He's 38 years old and continues fighting the best the game has to offer. He's won 63 fights, all by stoppage. He's successfully defended the SYN heavyweight title 38 times. He's the SYN all-time leader in wins, KOs and finishes in general, and SYN is arguably the greatest organization of all time. 

There are several fighters who deserve to be mentioned in GOAT discussions, but they all fall short in one way or another. The resume Kilo has built is unreal. He's the GOAT. 

And he has avenged every one of his losses, sometimes more than once. It's a lock.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...