Dumbest thing in game?

Curix

Nah I makes sense to me. A 60yo black belt isn't going to be as good as he was as a 30yo black belt. That's just how father time works.

I think it'd be nice if the game still had the age drop off for BJJ but kept the visual of the highest belt your fighter achieved locked in. Could even make the BJJ drop off not start until later as well (like around 40yo).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, bazzypants said:

Nah I makes sense to me. A 60yo black belt isn't going to be as good as he was as a 30yo black belt. That's just how father time works.

I think it'd be nice if the game still had the age drop off for BJJ but kept the visual of the highest belt your fighter achieved locked in. Could even make the BJJ drop off not start until later as well (like around 40yo).

Skills like technique (Submission offence) sounds logic in that case but color of the belt? Not much.

• Upvote 3

Even having the red belt in the game is a bit dumb, at least for still active fighters. Would make a lot more sense as something for retired fighters turned coaches.

I get that in the game it is just a thematic way to display the BJJ stat instead of showing a number, but would be a nice small improvement if the game could also track the all-time high for the BJJ stat and display the belt based on that instead so old fighters would not have to suffer the indignity of demotion.

A brazilian red belt once said to me (pointing at his belt) "this just shows that I'm old".

• Upvote 1

Losses due to age are more reflex, physical like stamina, speed, agility it is said strength is the last to go but i would say flexibility is if you are maintaining them.

Knowledge goes only with cognitive decline many and old boxer still has good years as a coach into their very late years and same goes for other combat arts.

So yeah belts if only based on knowledge and experience shouldn't decline.

4 hours ago, Curix said:

BJJ regress because of getting old.

BJJ red belt > BJJ black belt (skill drops, skill goes down etc).

I never seen/heard of in real life something like this can happen. That should be changed.

It is just a way for the game to regress fighters into retirement and out of the game pool. At the end of the day it is a game and fighter turnover is required in order to keep the game moving - it doesn't make much sense IRL but it makes sense for the game. 

• Upvote 1