Womens Championship Tournament (CANCELLED)

Manic

mma.jpg

Hello everyone! I have been given permission from Mike to start a womens MMA division at 135. I have decided it would be best to start the division with a tournament which will also decide who the champion is.

I'm looking for 16 fighters to compete in this 135 pound 2 life tournament (meaning after you lose, you will fall into losers bracket).

Must be 18 yr old fighters with a weight limit of 145 pounds.

The tournament will be MMA rules, 3x5 min rounds, and a whole fight judging system.

You must have a woman custom avatar to compete. (I will be giving out free basic woman avatars to anyone who needs one, and if you want something specific you can commission it for only $10k)

Winner of the tournament will receive 200k.

I will also be competing but I will not be testing my fighter to give myself a disadvantage.

Creation date will be September 28th, first fight will be October 28th.

Participants:

1. Mae Joon
  2. Jason Hopson
  3. Dominicus Domingo
  4. Gut Punch
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, julzthejackal said:

mma.jpg

Hello everyone! I have been given permission from Mike to start a womens MMA division at 135. I have decided it would be best to start the division with a tournament which will also decide who the champion is.

I'm looking for 16 fighters to compete in this 135 pound 2 life tournament (meaning after you lose, you will fall into losers bracket).

Must be 18 yr old fighters with a weight limit of 145 pounds.

The tournament will be MMA rules, 3x5 min rounds, and a whole fight judging system.

You must have a woman custom avatar to compete. (I will be giving out free basic woman avatars to anyone who needs one, and if you want something specific you can commission it for only $10k)

Winner of the tournament will receive 200k.

I will also be competing but I will not be testing my fighter to give myself a disadvantage.

Creation date will be September 28th, first fight will be October 28th.

Participants:

I’m in. But that date will be super close to 400k

9 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Oh dear god, no.

What happens after the tournament? The women fighters join men orgs and we end up with the fucking domestic violence league championships.

Fuck no. 

I don't think you read the post properly, I said I'm starting a womens division and the tournament is to decide who the champion is.

1 minute ago, julzthejackal said:

I don't think you read the post properly, I said I'm starting a womens division and the tournament is to decide who the 

I read it. 

But your division will end.

The fighters will live longer than the org.

They'll bleed out into the game and nothing in the coding can stop that, currently.

This has been done before and was a joke then. Its an even bigger joke now that we know the repercussions. 

It's a terrible idea and Mike should know better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I read it. 

But your division will end.

The fighters will live longer than the org.

They'll bleed out into the game and nothing in the coding can stop that, currently.

This has been done before and was a joke then. Its an even bigger joke now that we know the repercussions. 

It's a terrible idea and Mike should know better.

There will be only 16 female avatars that will be selected and will be removed if fighters leave. Its already sorted out with mike, I knew what I was getting into when I was setting this up.

Q. So this is a creation Tournament designed to kick off a women's division in your Fight org?

Q. Will the intent be to continue with the division post-tournament & retain the initial batch of fighters & possibly expand by recruiting more later?

Q. Will the division commit to remaining Women Avatar only and adhere to that principle, so as to prevent as much as possible Men Versus Women bouts, with penalties for deliberately "breaking character" by swapping to a male avatar before fighting.

Q. Is Mike on board with making what changes are required to maintain the integrity of this division? I'm sceptical here since that may involve revocation of avatars of fighters that leave the division and those could be considered the paid property of the Manager, so I think there needs to be an up front decalaration that this can & will happen if you participate in this tournament / division & that the female avatar use is subject to participation in this tournament & division and are not eligible for use outside of it.

All that said I am in support of a Women's division though the engine doesn't currently support that properly, so I'm very on the fence about this.

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

Q. So this is a creation Tournament designed to kick off a women's division in your Fight org?

Q. Will the intent be to continue with the division post-tournament & retain the initial batch of fighters & possibly expand by recruiting more later?

Q. Will the division commit to remaining Women Avatar only and adhere to that principle, so as to prevent as much as possible Men Versus Women bouts, with penalties for deliberately "breaking character" by swapping to a male avatar before fighting.

Q. Is Mike on board with making what changes are required to maintain the integrity of this division? I'm sceptical here since that may involve revocation of avatars of fighters that leave the division and those could be considered the paid property of the Manager, so I think there needs to be an up front decalaration that this can & will happen if you participate in this tournament / division & that the female avatar use is subject to participation in this tournament & division and are not eligible for use outside of it.

All that said I am in support of a Women's division though the engine doesn't currently support that properly, so I'm very on the fence about this.

1. Yes that is the plan

2. Yes, I plan on retaining the division, and people who would want to join after the tournament would have to get into contact so I can also tell Mike

3. Yes I will be sticking to woman avatar only and if anyone decides to be a dick and swap avatar I will kick them from the org and maybe as more of a punishment when Mike removes the avatar he can also not give the vip days back 

4. I do not believe Mike will be making changes to the code if that’s what you mean. To make this work it will entirely be based on communication

Thank you

1 hour ago, julzthejackal said:

4. I do not believe Mike will be making changes to the code if that’s what you mean. To make this work it will entirely be based on communication

Thank you

No, that's not what I meant by changes. I was referring to Avatars & removing them from managers if the fighter voluntarily leaves the org, with the explicit intention to prevent female avatars bleeding over into the rest of the game, my hope is to keep the female avatars in the women's division and out of the rest of the game so as to avoid male vs female fights, while there is no mechanical problem with that it is I feel immersion breaking from a roleplaying perspective & goes against the spirit of the game.

For example I feel managers should retain the right to refuse any & all fights between their male fighter & any female fighter they are matched up against and not be penalised by any org for doing so, but Managers may get put in a position they do not want to be in if they refuse by the org owners & that would be unfair.

I am aware there are already fighters with female avatars active but I do not think it is good for the game to exacerbate that issue.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

No, that's not what I meant by changes. I was referring to Avatars & removing them from managers if the fighter voluntarily leaves the org, with the explicit intention to prevent female avatars bleeding over into the rest of the game, my hope is to keep the female avatars in the women's division and out of the rest of the game so as to avoid male vs female fights, while there is no mechanical problem with that it is I feel immersion breaking from a roleplaying perspective & goes against the spirit of the game.

For example I feel managers should retain the right to refuse any & all fights between their male fighter & any female fighter they are matched up against and not be penalised by any org for doing so, but Managers may get put in a position they do not want to be in if they refuse by the org owners & that would be unfair.

I am aware there are already fighters with female avatars active but I do not think it is good for the game to exacerbate that issue.

Oh I getchu now. Yes I've messaged Mike about this and my plan with that is once any fighters leave the org, I will flick him a message and the avatar will be taken off and VIP days given back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

If I was ever to create a women fighter, I would need a extra fighter slot so I know I’m not just wasting my time.

A few people now have suggested a Women's division would benefit from an Island-style event, with the 2-fighter extension of fighter slots in keeping with that & perhaps with an additional caveat that once that "season" ended the fighters would be wiped.

Without the game having true support for women fighters let alone divison(s) for them & players having to make do with using the game engine as best as the game to allow them to facilitate this I think an Island format has promise to "test the waters" so to speak without affecting the wider game, so I also support those suggestions.

Were it done that way it would allow Mike and anyone helping to get some hard evidence for how well it could work & perhaps provide an insight into whether further development towards women fighters & divisions is warranted. Some kind of separated pool for female avatars could be a first step in that process, controlling which fighters can have female avatars is probably a first step to making a women's division it's own thing within the game.

• Upvote 1

It’s not a bad idea, I just don’t have infinite fighter slots and putting my fighter into a division that probably won’t have tons of competition and won’t have many (if any) other orgs to sign with. For example, if you don’t like your fights, there’s really nowhere else to go. An island style season would make more sense but not actually on the island because that usually makes fighters unable to amount to something. It would make a lot more sense and much more people would do it if it was like that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rocket said:

Oh dear god, no.

What happens after the tournament? The women fighters join men orgs and we end up with the fucking domestic violence league championships.

Fuck no. 

Nope.

At 400k I’m now wanting to make a domestic violence org. Men verse women only in openweight. Women are all 135 and get bodied by 265 men

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, KingofConsent said:

At 400k I’m now wanting to make a domestic violence org. Men verse women only in openweight. Women are all 135 and get bodied by 265 men

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cringe, then somebody makes a 265lb+ Women & 135lb Men and all women avatars have to be holding a can of Stella & be wearing a white vest.

• Manic changed the title to Womens Championship Tournament (CANCELLED)