About training

Shubham

35 minutes ago, Shubham said:

How much time does it take to improve your fighter stats for example my fighter have boxing (4) how much time it will take to reach 10 or more?

Hello!

In short, it depends on a number of things.

First you must understand that each skill is at a value from between 1 to 150. The ratings you see (e.g. Sensational 14) are ranges of 10 points. So for example Useless (1) is a skill that is currently between 1 and 9.99 points out of 150. Additionally, how long it takes for that value to increase is also exponential. That means training a skill from 141 points to 150 points will likely take a lot more sessions even if you have the best coaches, than training from 1 point to 10 points. 1-10 points can even be done in as little as two sessions if you have the right coaches and the right learning speed, so you get the idea.

Moving on, here are some broad things that affect your fighter.

1) Coaching and Sparring

Better coaches (elite in the right disciplines and training up your secondary skills like punches/kicks/etc) yield better results. If a fighter's skills are very low to start, he may still get close to maximum gains even with lesser coaches. Training up your secondary skills also provide some small increases to your primary skills (boxing, MT, wrestling, bjj). Some secondary skill training also help a tiny bit with physicals and other secondaries (e.g. clinchwork training will also give small increases to elbows/knees). Coaches also have less effectiveness on your guy if the class is big. It's generally accepted you want class sizes for coaching to be 3 fighters per session or less.

For this reason, if you've got some brand new builds, you don't need to necessarily have the best of the best gyms straight away. Have a look around which public gyms are better, more affordable, and have space, and maybe consider creating your fighter there.

Sparring with other fighters also increases your primaries, and to a smaller extent, your secondaries too. You spar better boxers (you can see their approximate spar value in stars if you go to your gym's sparring schedule), your boxing primary will go up. This also has a flow on effect in increasing some of your secondary skills associated with that primary very slightly. It is generally not advised to spar too early into a young fighter's build, but that's up to your own opinion. And definitely never spar alone - it brings no benefit.

Oh, additionally, if you train yoga, weights, or cardio training, the gym's equipment quality also has an effect. After a certain point, generally people don't train those things too much though.

2) The most important thing is your fighter's hidden learning speed, and related to that, his age.

All fighters have a hidden learning speed between 1 to 150. If you ticked 'fast learner' when creating him, then that hidden value is between 31 and 150, so he's more likely to have a better speed, but could still be pretty dumb. This is unrelated to the 'intelligence' hidden as far as we know. So you might have an intelligent fighter who still learns very slowly, or a dumb fighter who learns very fast. If you have VIP and access to a computer, there is a way to determine a fighter's learning speed from the start with a formula most people use. Happy to share that later when it gets to that.

If you don't have VIP, you can still get a general sense of if your guy has ok learning or not. If he's got very few points in a certain skill and you train that with good coaches and energy for a while and still see no increase, then perhaps he's not the best learner. A fresh 18 year old build with average to great learning starting with only 1 point in a skill can generally go from Useless (1) to Abysmal (2) in two training sessions assuming good coaches and other factors.

As your fighter gets older, he learns a bit slower each year he ages. This includes fighters that you've created as a bit older (like 25 year old creations, which is why they initially start off with a few extra skill points). At one point, he will actually start to decline and at that point, training will only help to stablise their skills before eventually getting too old makes it too hard to stay elite. There's a bit more detail about the ageing process available, but for now you don't need to worry too much about the finer details.

Please note, a fighter's learning speed ONLY applies to his skills and NOT his physicals. All fighters have the same gains (again, assuming all other factors are equal) for physicals and that also degrades over time with age. You might be a bad learner, but you can still pump weights!

3) Morale and Energy

This is a bit more of a subtle one, but still very important. For optimal training, generally it's accepted that you should try and keep their energy higher than 90%. I know some managers don't even let it go below 95%, but it's up to you. More energy means slightly better outcomes. Too low energy means inefficient gains. It's better to take an extra rest session than to train with low energy. It's why starting off with maximum cardio on creation is generally what a lot of people do. Yes, it is something you can increase pretty quickly with supplements and cardio training, but when you're freshly created, you want the maximum amount of training sessions possible to take advantage of the period of best learning speed your guy will ever have.

On the same token, lower morale means they don't do as well. Make sure you keep giving them fresh clothes to get their morale back up if it drops. Some fighters have very poor confidence hiddens and will take massive morale drops after a loss, but others will take less. Both needed to be given fresh clothes every day to get it back up ASAP.

4) Advice to a brand new player

You'll note that almost all worthwhile public gyms cost money you and your fighters don't currently have. If you play semi-seriously, money will soon never be an issue, but it is at the start. My advice to you would be to stick to creating 25yo builds at first and then concentrate on learning how to play the game, sign a couple of contracts with new orgs and start building a nest egg that way. 25 yo fighters should have enough points to be somewhat competitive in the correct environment (smaller orgs) but they are not long term guys.

You can keep them in the default Cozad gyms if you can't afford better gyms and concentrate on training the physicals. Cardio should already be pretty high as I explained above, but you can train that well with supplements, and especially strength (weights).

If you can afford it, training weights with muscle supplements will boost your fighter's strength at a greater pace. For this reason, if you know you can't initially afford to train in fancy gyms and just want to hit the weights in the default gym, you might want to put more physicals points in other things like speed/agility on creation so you have more of those and can just train weights. Strength is one of the most important physicals (and remember, this can still go up even if your guy has bad learning), so at least your guy will still be getting better.

Weights/yoga/cardio can be done at any gym and just relies on their equipment condition. They also affect other physicals besides strength/flex/cardio, but only very slightly.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Daudy said:

Energy

It's why starting off with maximum cardio on creation is generally what a lot of people do. Yes, it is something you can increase pretty quickly with supplements and cardio training, but when you're freshly created, you want the maximum amount of training sessions possible to take advantage of the period of best learning speed your guy will ever have.

Excellent guide man, well done. Only thing I think I'd argue against is this part about starting out with max cardio.  I'd recommend something lower, say 30-60 (I forgot what the upper limit is) to prevent popping cardio machine in the tale of the tape.  Otherwise, I believe you're going to end up hiding the good hiddens and not knowing if he's a dud upon getting his first fight in, which you want to do well before you build his cardio up.  Preferably in the first week or so of training.  Then just use cardio training with increase stamina supplements or so for the first week or two of training, get him to 10-12 in cardio (I go 12-13) and then switch to whatever you want to do from there.  For me, it's strength next to 10-12 with strength sups, and then off to my general and secondary training at which point I switch fully to reduce energy loss sups, but to each their own.

7 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Excellent guide man, well done. Only thing I think I'd argue against is this part about starting out with max cardio.  I'd recommend something lower, say 30-60 (I forgot what the upper limit is) to prevent popping cardio machine in the tale of the tape.  Otherwise, I believe you're going to end up hiding the good hiddens and not knowing if he's a dud upon getting his first fight in, which you want to do well before you build his cardio up.  Preferably in the first week or so of training.  Then just use cardio training with increase stamina supplements or so for the first week or two of training, get him to 10-12 in cardio (I go 12-13) and then switch to whatever you want to do from there.  For me, it's strength next to 10-12 with strength sups, and then off to my general and secondary training at which point I switch fully to reduce energy loss sups, but to each their own.

110 is the max you can start with and it won't trigger Cardio Machine/Good Gas Tank.  I believe that pops up around 130?

12 minutes ago, Jersey said:

110 is the max you can start with and it won't trigger Cardio Machine/Good Gas Tank.  I believe that pops up around 130?

Ok, solid info, I think I may have had it confused with strength then which I know will pop "powerful" or "very strong" or whatever at a much lower level.

Yep, 110 cardio won't trigger those TOTTs for sure. I have it on every 18yo creation and test fine. I also have it on my 25yo CDM tournament guy and he still show his cuts easily in all his glory :(

The only time I'd recommend not doing 110 cardio is on an island season potentially (spend it on other things!) since that's one of the few things you can reliably train early and energy recovery is way faster - but that's extremely niche and not currently applicable.

TOTT is a whole another ball of fun!

• Like 1