Add miami to the game

• vaznys10 changed the title to On behalf of Zello.... ADD MIAMI !!!
  • 2 weeks later...

Cities were a good thing when the game had a much larger population and travel was a big part of the game.

I could see a move from cities to "regions" and companies, organisations and fight venues were able to select/be given any city they want from that region to belong to. 

So you could have North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceanic (Asia & Australia) and within each there would be stadium assigned a city but cities as such would no longer exist except  as a cosmetic tag.

This makes adding in specific stadium like Lumpinee in Thailand way way easier.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Curix said:

Why?

They are just cosmetic as Skuzbukit said. IMO it would be a waste of time to add a new city and multiple locations when we no longer travel and is confusing for new users. I think everything should be in one location to make it easier, except the Island of course.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, actionjackson said:

They are just cosmetic as Skuzbukit said. IMO it would be a waste of time to add a new city and multiple locations when we no longer travel are confusing for new users. I think everything should be in one location to make it easier except the Island of course.

Having everything in one place & just having the cosmetic tags of cities, countries, regions etc. is not something I would wholly object either, one big advantage of that is that buying items gets everything to the Manager/Fighter right away rather than waiting 3 days, I don't think the design of the game even needs that any more after the no-travel, it's arbitrary now.

The Timezones for fights could just be baked in for each of the venues and arguably this gives the programmers a much wider choice when it comes to simulating the real world by way of arenas/stadiums since with everything in one "world" rather than specific cities any & all venues could have their fight times set to reflect their real-world location even more easily without the need to create more cities at all.

Then you can simulate Miami or any other city virtually through a selection of venues for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Different locations does have some game-design merit even if I wish it was better. The 3 days wait period for example is sometimes the reason I buy from one company over another. It does add a little bit of strategy to where you open a company or org. I think we can live with how it is for now and maybe some day have the location system improved instead of removed. Who knows, maybe the player base will even grow as the game gets modernized and we will have enough playerbase again to have local fight scenes etc become meaningful again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1