Questions About The Island

JohnHughes

Can someone please explain The Island to me. From what I can gather its only a temporary thing and only lasts for 6 months? It seemed to start before Christmas? So does that mean it will run until sometime in June?

I have noticed money wise, everything seems to be lower in the Island? Is that right? Why is that?

Also, is it too late to create companies on the Island or is it a waste of time as its already a few months into it?

1 minute ago, JohnHughes said:

Also, I have created 2 Island fighters. They seemed to recover their energy after workouts much quicker than my other fighters I have created. Is that something unique to The Island? They recovered from 90% to 100% energy just from resting 1 training session.

Yeah, recovery speed is faster on the island, not sure exactly how much faster though.

1 hour ago, JohnHughes said:

Can someone please explain The Island to me. From what I can gather its only a temporary thing and only lasts for 6 months? It seemed to start before Christmas? So does that mean it will run until sometime in June?

I have noticed money wise, everything seems to be lower in the Island? Is that right? Why is that?

Also, is it too late to create companies on the Island or is it a waste of time as its already a few months into it?

Island technically can start at any time, but usually on New Year’s Day. You aren’t allowed to bring money into the island. That’s why it’s hard to train in gyms other than Cozad because of lack of cash. I wouldn’t create a company on the island at this stage, it’s a bit late. At the end of the island season, there is a 16 man tournament for each weight class, with the top 16 from each division getting in. The difficult part isn’t getting in the tournament, it’s winning it. The winner gets a trophy on their manager and that fighters page. The island can be a very fun thing, especially when things like MILF (island competition this year) are made to make it interesting. And everyone can participate, since your given 2 extra slots for the island only. However, you lose those slots at the end of the season and most people drop their island fighters.

Is there anyway I can get out of a contract with a org on the Island. I have been trapped under contract for a while now. Looks like I’m not the only one either. This org is doing absolutely nothing and we are all trapped like sex slaves over here.

Look for your fighter in the contracts page and there should be a leave button.

32 minutes ago, DaddyMac said:

Is there anyway I can get out of a contract with a org on the Island. I have been trapped under contract for a while now. Looks like I’m not the only one either. This org is doing absolutely nothing and we are all trapped like sex slaves over here.

23 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

Island technically can start at any time, but usually on New Year’s Day. You aren’t allowed to bring money into the island. That’s why it’s hard to train in gyms other than Cozad because of lack of cash. I wouldn’t create a company on the island at this stage, it’s a bit late. At the end of the island season, there is a 16 man tournament for each weight class, with the top 16 from each division getting in. The difficult part isn’t getting in the tournament, it’s winning it. The winner gets a trophy on their manager and that fighters page. The island can be a very fun thing, especially when things like MILF (island competition this year) are made to make it interesting. And everyone can participate, since your given 2 extra slots for the island only. However, you lose those slots at the end of the season and most people drop their island fighters.

Wow, thank you for this detailed information.

Are you sure you loose the slots at the end of the season? When I click into my Island fighters' bio, there seems to be an option to choose where you want your fighter to move to when The Island finishes: see here:

image.png.8d4545f147b8d6e54e0c3a2867d3ec37.png

So does that mean if I have 10 fighter slots as a VIP member I get an extra 2?

47 minutes ago, DaddyMac said:

Yes I notice he hasn't logged into the game sine 21st February, which may not be that long perhaps? Maybe he is away on holidays/vacation? But I notice no other events booked.

Does this mean there could be an opening for another Org on The Island? I might open one to fill the gap. Its something I'm interested in doing as well as fighting.

24 minutes ago, JohnHughes said:

Are you sure you loose the slots at the end of the season? When I click into my Island fighters' bio, there seems to be an option to choose where you want your fighter to move to when The Island finishes: see here:

You can move them to the mainland, but you lose the slots and would have to drop other fighters to make room for them. Usually people drop the island fighters since 25 year old creations are more expendable.

25 minutes ago, JohnHughes said:

If you have filled up all of the 10 VIP slots then you have to choose 2 fighters to release so you return back to 10 fighters. If you have 8 or less fighters then you can keep the 2 island guys.

25 minutes ago, JohnHughes said:

Yes I notice he hasn't logged into the game sine 21st February, which may not be that long perhaps? Maybe he is away on holidays/vacation? But I notice no other events booked.

Does this mean there could be an opening for another Org on The Island? I might open one to fill the gap. It’s something I'm interested in doing as well as fighting.

I don’t think there would be a spot available, since we’re already 2 months into the island, most people have already created and are signed to MILF. The free agent fighters there are aren’t the cream of the crop, and I doubt it would be a successful org. If you would still like to do this next year, try and open one right as the island opens.